Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound (1966 Views)

Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? / I Want To Add Some Weight!! Am To Skinny / I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by blaxx: 12:09am On Jul 31, 2014
My body type is very slim. I'm 5.7 feet tall and I'm past 26yrs yet I'm skiinny. Some of my colleagues call me slim/ khalifa and it's annoying.
I've been to few doctors and they all prescribe a drug or syrup with cyproheptadine... It only made me eat and sleep. The progress was slow.
I'm appealing to all nutritionists/ health experts and fellow NL'ers to give me tips on how to add weight, and if possible draw out an eating plan for me.
Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by romzyxy(m): 12:25am On Jul 31, 2014
guy go carry iron den chop enough beans n bread.
Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by Clone2020(m): 12:36am On Jul 31, 2014
blaxx: My body type is very slim. I'm 5.7 feet tall and I'm past 26yrs yet I'm skiinny. Some of my colleagues call me slim/ khalifa and it's annoying.
I've been to few doctors and they all prescribe a drug or syrup with cyproheptadine... It only made me eat and sleep. The progress was slow.
I'm appealing to all nutritionists/ health experts and fellow NL'ers to give me tips on how to add weight, and if possible draw out an eating plan for me.

It's one thing wanting to gain weight, it's another thing gaining fat too soon. I think a weight gain of more than 2kg a week is unhealthy. First of all how much do u currently weigh? Your BMI Body Mass Index should be between 20 - 25, in other words, based on your 5'7 height, your current weight should be between 138 - 145lbs. If u r within that range pls ignore Ur friends, if not I will suggest u increase your current daily calories if it's not already 2500kcal daily. Eat more complex carbs like yams as it doesn't convert to fat quickly unlike simple carbs like rice, white bread and spaghetti.
Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by angela98(f): 1:21am On Jul 31, 2014
U should learn to feel comfortable, confidence and secure with the way u look. Trust me as a prospective young man, you still have a lot going on through ur mind.thus can be one factor why you ain't putting on weight. Give yourself couple more years when you've achieved greater success with a loving and caring wife by your side, trust me, you go robust, fresh and more handsome. When i met my husband he was indeed very skinny but now its different. No worry very soon you go turn shine shine bobo grin

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by macsika: 2:07am On Jul 31, 2014
Brb
Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by cannonnier(m): 2:39am On Jul 31, 2014
well i don't have any advice on getting fat, when you find a working trick don't just eat, gt fat and floppy also hit the gym, so you wil look sexy too. wink cheesy
Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by Mishydoo(m): 6:17am On Jul 31, 2014
Bros...Me and u been dey d same category...but i started drinking yogurt mehn...Hollandia no dey absent fr my fridge.and always eat Garri n soup at nyt....Now,ŋα weight loss thread I dey follow now grin grin

Thank me latter. wink
Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by blaxx: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
romzyxy: guy go carry iron den chop enough beans n bread.
hahaha. If na dat one, e for don work since o. I no too like beans sha but I dey eat moin-moin and akara. Some times. Also, I dey do light pushups and dumb bells morning and night.
Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by blaxx: 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
angela98: U should learn to feel comfortable, confidence and secure with the way u look. Trust me as a prospective young man, you still have a lot going on through ur mind.thus can be one factor why you ain't putting on weight. Give yourself couple more years when you've achieved greater success with a loving and caring wife by your side, trust me, you go robust, fresh and more handsome. When i met my husband he was indeed very skinny but now its different. No worry very soon you go turn shine shine bobo grin
no doubt a lot's on my mind... Like being on forbes list.lol. Lemme ask, if you see 1 skinny guy coming out of an Avalanche, what would you think? Won't you assume he's just a mechanic? I got a job I never applied for cos I was 'too slim'. The position I applied for was given to someone who had some flesh. You know how that feels?

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by blaxx: 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
Mishydoo: Bros...Me and u been dey d same category...but i started drinking yogurt mehn...Hollandia no dey absent fr my fridge.and always eat Garri n soup at nyt....Now,ŋα weight loss thread I dey follow now grin grin

Thank me latter. wink
I tried Oldenburger for 1 week and no improvement. I'll try the hollandia and garri... Na 1pack for morning and 1 for evening? Or 1 daily?... Make the fat come first, I go burn am. Thanks for the tip.
Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by blaxx: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
cannonnier: well i don't have any advice on getting fat, when you find a working trick don't just eat, gt fat and floppy also hit the gym, so you wil look sexy too. wink cheesy
noted. I'll hit the gym once the flesh starts gathering... Thanks.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by angela98(f): 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
blaxx: no doubt a lot's on my mind... Like being on forbes list.lol. Lemme ask, if you see 1 skinny guy coming out of an Avalanche, what would you think? Won't you assume he's just a mechanic? I got a job I never applied for cos I was 'too slim'. The position I applied for was given to someone who had some flesh. You know how that feels?
what they did to u is bad o. That's discrimination. We are all beautiful the way we are. Maybe you should start eating greasy food, plenty butter and fatty food..ask ur doctor tho for further advice...someone once told me egovin is good but I can't be too sure..
Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by blaxx: 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
angela98: what they did to u is bad o. That's discrimination. We are all beautiful the way we are. Maybe you should start eating greasy food, plenty butter and fatty food..ask ur doctor tho for further advice...someone once told me egovin is good but I can't be too sure..
the doctors I've met didn't help much. THey prescribed some drugs: feed fine, a syrup, just can't remember all. They didn't work as expected. Can you draw an eating plan for me?

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by angela98(f): 3:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
blaxx: the doctors I've met didn't help much. THey prescribed some drugs: feed fine, a syrup, just can't remember all. They didn't work as expected. Can you draw an eating plan for me?
yes I can..just email me let's talk
Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by Mentaremix(m): 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Let ur mind be at rest

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by blaxx: 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
Clone2020:

It's one thing wanting to gain weight, it's another thing gaining fat too soon. I think a weight gain of more than 2kg a week is unhealthy. First of all how much do u currently weigh? Your BMI Body Mass Index should be between 20 - 25, in other words, based on your 5'7 height, your current weight should be between 138 - 145lbs. If u r within that range pls ignore Ur friends, if not I will suggest u increase your current daily calories if it's not already 2500kcal daily. Eat more complex carbs like yams as it doesn't convert to fat quickly unlike simple carbs like rice, white bread and spaghetti.
I weigh 60kg.
It wouldn't be a bad idea if I gain 1kg/week and have a body to show for it.
Got any tips for me?
Can you draw out an eating plan for me?
Re: HELP!!! Slim (skinny) Guy Wants To Add Some Pound by Eddlad: 6:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hi,
Its well.There is only soo much drugs can do to add weight unless there's a medical problem.The main problem here is calories.Eating large isn't necessarily going to enable you gain weight and especially in your case where your body is a "great burner".Incorporate this into ur diet and slowly gain weight after about 2weeks(about 3kgs).it's very safe but a bit expensive and somewhat exhausting.
Add together and blend.
4 fingers of banana
A cup of boiled oats
2 to 3 eggs(raw)
2 table spoons of peanut butter
And finally some milk(skimmed).
Take it before bedtime.It's very vital to be consistent.Remember to live healthy and live a stress-free live cause Its necessary to weigh gain.

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Pics.....pls Endeavour To Use Your Toilets Properly. / Top 10 Reasons To Drink Aloe Vera Gel / Hemorrhoids, Pile: What Are They?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.