Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

How To Get A Job Without Applying Like Everyone Else - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Get A Job Without Applying Like Everyone Else (974 Views)

I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs / Seven Ways To Quit Your Job Without Ruining Your Career / How To Get A Job Without Work Experience By Abdussalam Amoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Job Without Applying Like Everyone Else by busybenson: 3:45am On Jul 31, 2014
Hi there,

I suppose you clicked this post because of the catchy title. But beyond that, my guess is that you are either unemployed right now or you're unsatisfied with your present job and so wanted to check if this "catchy title" can help you, right? Yes it will. Now pay close attention.

Today's job market is a living nightmare. So if you want to get a good job, you really have to standout from others. You have to stop thinking like a 'job seeker' and start thinking like an 'employer'. Let me explain what I mean with a question:

When employers need to hire a secretary for example, what do you think they do first? Advertise it? Announce it? Tell the public? NO WAY!!
That is the LAST thing they consider. Here's what they actually do in the correct order:

1. They try to recall if they have come across a secretary before or someone who has the skill. If they find, that person is contacted directly. No public announcement. No adverts.
2. Secondly, they ask friends and colleagues to recommend a secretary. Again, if they find, he/she is contacted directly. No advert is made.
3. Thirdly, they search on social media, especially on LinkedIn for people who have the needed secretarial skills. If they find, that person is contacted directly. Again, no public announcement is made.
4. Lastly, if they couldn't find anyone using steps 1-3 (which is very rare), then they pay to place adverts on job sites and in newspapers

So. Did you notice anything? The typical 'job seeker' is looking for job adverts, job vacancies, job openings - he is at step 4 while 85% of jobs are taken in steps 1-3 without adverts. Think like an employer! EMPLOYERS DON'T LIKE STEP 4. They don't like to go through the stress of sorting thousands of good, bad and ugly applications they'd get when they advertise. Moreover, that is the only step where they have to spend lots of money to hire you.

THAT IS WHY THE BEST JOBS ARE NEVER ADVERTISED. NEVER EVEN MENTIONED, YET PEOPLE ARE TAKEN. HOW?? THEY ARE IN STEPS 1-3.

So if you're not within steps 1-3, then you are lost in the crowd and may never get a good job. When a company needs 20 people, 17 would ALREADY have been hired using steps 1-3 before adverts are placed for the remaining 3. That is how it works from an employer's perspective.

Think like an employer! Now, I'm sure you'll say it is because they know people within the company who referred them - but that only places them on step 2! But think about this:

What if you can find and contact the Hiring Manager or even the CEO of ANY company DIRECTLY with a compelling message and CV that shows you're perfect for their company and "forces" them to call you?

Where will that place you? STEP 1! That means you will standout from the large unemployment crowd and get good jobs BEFORE they are ever advertised. I have worked at Exxon Mobil and now at Deloitte, and was hired directly by the top management without any form of advert.

This is how to get a job without applying like everyone else. Apply directly to the top management and make them want to meet with you.

So I recently decided to write an article and an eBook to help you do the same. If you are serious about getting the jobs you want, and living the kind of life you want, then this is your ONLY answer. Please click the link below to check it out.

www.transtudentworld.com/how-to-get-a-job

Thanks for reading.

Godwin Benson

PS: If you have questions, feel free to ask me here, BUT please don't ask me any question until you have read the article in that link. If not, I may not respond. Once again, it is www.transtudentworld.com/how-to-get-a-job

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Job Without Applying Like Everyone Else by Modernchuks(m): 4:06am On Jul 31, 2014
Pls, i need an online job. The one i can do in my skul without much stress

(1) (Reply)

SSC 2014: instructions for shortlisted candidates / 10 Smart Ways To Make Yourself Hate Spending Money / What Does The HR Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.