Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (27774 Views)

Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man?(pics) / Is It Ever Okay For A Girl To Propose To Her Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by DesChyko: 9:39am On Jul 31, 2014
I think it is very rare.
Being okay or not, the lady just may have won the lifetime respect of her man for being unique.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by elguaje(m): 9:39am On Jul 31, 2014
valmunich: Who here also pees at the side of the toilet just cos it makes less noise Who here also pees at the side of the toilet just cos it makes less noise? ☺😁😁
BRUUUUUUH!!! Present sir cheesy
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Fresia01(f): 9:39am On Jul 31, 2014
i wish we Nigerians can jux stop making it look like its a big deal for a gal to propose to a guy!? its really killing some gals,, me inclusive!!! wen a gal proposes, they guys look at her as being desperate and cheap so d gals jus. choose to die in silence!! nt fair

8 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by mysticgal(f): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2014
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by mysticgal(f): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2014
Like seriously!!!!
Then in the marriage,the man would claim to be the head. the woman,the body.he the breadwinner,she the akarawinner.
Sorry please the man should propose, while the lady responds cool

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Emmaomotob(m): 9:41am On Jul 31, 2014
No,but is she the one to marry him or he is going to marry her undecided But to be sincere it's VERY risky thing for a lady to do this.IF HE LOVES YOU,HEL'LL COME FOR YOU...................
****MODIFIED%%%*****
IT IS BETTER TO TELL HIM YOUR INTENTIONS THAN TO PROPOSE TO HIM,ELSE,HE'LL USE YOU,SCRUB YOU,BANG YOU AND DUMP YOU.(NOT ALL MEN BUT MOST MEN)

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Konjour(m): 9:41am On Jul 31, 2014
Well, in an ideal world anybody should be able to make the first move.

But the same women who'd tell you they can't ask a man out would be the first to pushstart the

bandwagon when gender equality is the topic. Double standards innit?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2014
God forbid bad thing! Haba wetin con remain for my dignity den? My husband will find me like the Bible says nd not d oda way round

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Hoba007: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2014
I guess in indian is okay but in this part of the world. its more of a taboo than being normal.
On a serious note, why should it be an issue? which gender propose first!? As long as both individual
mutually have strong feelings for each other, the issue of who propose first will between both of them.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by justi4jesu(f): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2014
This is what will happen if you try it ladies grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 31, 2014
mysticgal: Like seriously!!!!
Then in the marriage,the man would claim to be the head.the woman,the body.he the the breadwinner,she the akarawinner.
Sorry please the man should propose will the lady respond cool
. Hehehehehehe akara winner! Una no go ki person for here
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by jnrbayano(m): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2014
Fresia01: i wish we Nigerians can jux stop making it look like its a big deal for a gal to propose to a guy!? its really killing some gals,, me inclusive!!! wen a gal proposes, they guys look at her as being desperate and cheap so d gals jus. choose to die in silence!! nt fair

Will the lady also pay his groom price?
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by kennytidistar(m): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2014
it's possible, a lady Once told me I'm highly intimidating and she love to be with me, then I said OK and We became friends, if you love him why not pick up your happiness by telling him your thought, he might not know you really need him. if you can winks at him or step on his foot why can't you open your mouth.?
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Tholuwaniey(m): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2014
mysticgal: .

what is this one saying?? undecided
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by NickiRoman: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2014
The worst mistake a lady can ever make,Is proposing to an African Man.It always back fires.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by jericco1(m): 9:48am On Jul 31, 2014
Go and ask Charly Boy why his wife proposed to him tongue
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Janetozi(f): 9:48am On Jul 31, 2014
That is not real, it is just a drama
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Holuwathoby(m): 9:49am On Jul 31, 2014
It's a NO from me! 90% of guyz will accept d proposal even if they are not in Luv with d lady and then take advantage of her. With Naija guyz mantality, it won't work in most cases
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Tombilly(m): 9:50am On Jul 31, 2014
if she has money its ok
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by justi4jesu(f): 9:51am On Jul 31, 2014
Hoba007: I guess in indian is okay but in this part of the world. its more of a taboo than being normal.
On a serious note, why should it be an issue? which gender propose first!? As long as both individual
mutually have strong feelings for each other, the issue of who propose first will between both of them.

It is proper for a man and not a woman to propose because that is how the marriage covenant works.

God's word teaches us that the man is the covering of the relationship and women should come under his protection. The man, by proposing, is

saying "I will protect you" and the woman taking his name is saying "I will submit (come under your protection) to you and the

name change shows everyone that fact. Even if the couple getting married isn't Christian the explanation of the marriage covenant is explained in any wedding I've been to or performed at.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 31, 2014
What a man can do a woman can do better, if gender equality is anything to go by, there should be nothing wrong with it. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by justi4jesu(f): 9:52am On Jul 31, 2014
ydass: What a man can do a woman can do better, if gender equality is anything to go by, there should be nothing wrong with it. grin

I'm pretty into equality and what not, and I find it desperate and weird when a woman proposes to a man. undecided
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Danosophe(m): 9:52am On Jul 31, 2014
Ofcourse yes! She can give the green light signal while the man do the go ahead...#takeaction
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Janetozi(f): 9:52am On Jul 31, 2014
rozzay: God forbid bad thing! Haba wetin con remain for my dignity den? My husband will find me like the Bible says nd not d oda way round
abi o.
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2014
Fresia01: i wish we Nigerians can jux stop making it look like its a big deal for a gal to propose to a guy!? its really killing some gals,, me inclusive!!! wen a gal proposes, they guys look at her as being desperate and cheap so d gals jus. choose to die in silence!! nt fair
Ehya I feel ya painz tho. But rili you can do that indirectly. Its allowed like... "Honey what will the future be like for us?" Or "Honey you know am not getting any younger, we(YOU) need to act fast" grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by IAMBREEZY: 9:53am On Jul 31, 2014
NickiRoman: The worst mistake a lady can ever make,Is proposing to an African Man.It always back fires.
seems you ain't into black men but you will do that for a pale guy.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Jsplash(m): 9:55am On Jul 31, 2014
For me, if it were to be that she is proposing for relationship then no qualms cool cool cool but;
proposing marriage? no o... dey get as e bi ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by vitality22(m): 9:57am On Jul 31, 2014
Pls dear, come and propose to me. I cant afford to lose you. you are very beautiful
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by xtervaganza(m): 9:57am On Jul 31, 2014
valmunich: Who here also pees at the side of the toilet just cos it makes less noise?
u have me here, captain grin
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 31, 2014
NickiRoman: The worst mistake a lady can ever make,Is proposing to an African Man.It always back fires.
grin grin grin grin you know in this part of the world marriage is seen as a must which makes 95%(assuming) of female desperate. Men are not rili desperate for marriage so we usually call the shots but when a woman proposes grin grin grin something else(like peer/family pressure) is involved and this truely can back fire So all ye ladies in your 30s just lay low and pray the niggar proposes. RIP in silence tho sad
Re: Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? by Holuwathoby(m): 9:59am On Jul 31, 2014
She gives d green light, the guy IF interested too does d proposal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Best Thread Ever!!! Big Booty African Women Of Social Media / Men Cheat With Ugly Women Because Beautiful Women Aren’t Romantic In Bed- Pastor / Married Men And Their Wooing Palaver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.