Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:38 AM

Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife (3537 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Who Is The Rightful Owner Of The Breast? The Husband Or The Child. / Who's Responsibility Is It To Teach Sex Education? Parents Or Schools? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by beeevan: 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
2sExy1: but if you visited someone and they offered you the same pounded yam, you go wash hand chop am abi?

People sef. "I hate guest that decide to be an inconvenience to their host"

No, I don't eat it and won't pound it for a visitor, if a visitor needs food, i offer what I have. You don't go inconveniencing people because you want to eat pounded yam, that's what bukas are meant for.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
beeevan:

No, I don't eat it and won't pound it for a visitor, if a visitor needs food, i offer what I have. You don't go inconveniencing people because you want eat pounded yam, that's what bukas are meant for.
grin grin you are the first person that has ever said she does not eat pounded yam.

Madam, talk true o. Diaris goduoooo

2 Likes

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by beeevan: 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
2sExy1: grin grin you are the first person that has ever said she does not eat pounded yam.

Madam, talk true o. Diaris goduoooo

I am an igbo woman, i eat akpu not pounded yam undecided.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Tymax(m): 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
temigracie: funny question...how will my husband b pounding yam??...dat one na beginning of craze
Hmmm na to marry u remain! Oya submit ur CV for consideration! angry Quick quick before I change my mind angry
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
beeevan:

I am an igbo woman, i eat akpu not pounded yam undecided.
no wonder
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by MARKone(m): 9:40am On Aug 01, 2014
The man should be responsible for anything that requires pounding, yam inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 01, 2014
Tymax:
Hmmm na to marry u remain! Oya submit ur CV for consideration! angry Quick quick before I change my mind angry
...Tymax,ayam vexing for u ooo..abi ayaf submit CV ni
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by dotuna3(m): 1:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
MARKone: The man should be responsible for anything that requires pounding, yam inclusive.

responsible for wat? who do the pounding at most canteen? are they not females?
i don't think it should be the responsibility of men
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
dotuna3:

nahhhhh, men pound at canteens oh

3 Likes

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by MARKone(m): 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
dotuna3:

undecided bros, so you would not mind your wife looking like those "females" that pound yam and fufu in Bukas, all muscle and s#it.

Yam pounding requires strength, and it is a little bit labour intensive, as such should be left for man, unless there is an underlining factor that will warrant him not to do so, like say, health challenges or old age. Otherwise it may be safe to assume that madam is stronger than Oga grin I have been to restaurants, and most if not all have paid men that do all the pounding.

Let's help our wives no biggie.

3 Likes

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Godmystrength: 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
I can only pound for 2 people and visitors are not included. Just myself and hubby. Visitors should just make do with poundo yam abeg. I can't start developing muscles and hubby won't want anything that will spoil my/our sexy grin body for me/us.....
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Tymax(m): 2:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
temigracie: ...Tymax,ayam vexing for u ooo..abi ayaf submit CV ni
grin Vex kee? For me? Nooo. Wrong number. U cannot vex for me na. grin BTW I've not seen ur CV o. Application closes by 4pm GMT. grin
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
Tymax:
grin Vex kee? For me? Nooo. Wrong number. U cannot vex for me na. grin BTW I've not seen ur CV o. Application closes by 4pm GMT. grin
....yes o..ayam super-vexing gansef......wat CV??....abi ayaf submit anything ni
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
Godmystrength: I can only pound for 2 people and visitors are not included. Just myself and hubby. Visitors should just make do with poundo yam abeg. I can't start developing muscles and hubby won't want anything that will spoil my/our sexy grin body for me/us.....
Why did op even request for pounded yam? na there he wan chop he night food? cheesy grin
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Godmystrength: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
MzMariah: Why did op even request for pounded yam? na there he wan chop he night food? cheesy grin
NA hungry man he be ni. How can you request for such tasking food? I don't blame him sha. It is the couple i blame now for asking what he wants to eat. And when he mentioned pounded yam they could not just say no and give him boiled yam and fried eggs.

But i don't even believe the story because what right thinking wife will have that kind of conversation with hubby in the presence of their guest? Who does/says that?
dotuna3: Is very funny yesterday when i make visit to a family.Though i went to the husband's office and from there he said we are going to his new house he just moved to.Getting home we met the wife and jokingly they said they will give me a good meal and i said i will prefer pounded yam since am just coming into their new apartment not knowing i don cause kasala . After the wife finished putting the yam on fire and the yam is done she called her husband for the pounding the hushand responded with eheeennnnn wetin? i should come and pound what? is like you are sick, is it because i sometime help you in pounding yam?.the woman responded with " how will tell me that is it my duty as a woman to be pounding it after i put it on fire? where do you want me to see the power? is that how uncle seun use to do to his wife?'. for my mind i know i don cause wahala so i said they should not worry i will do the pounding since i get power. lol.

but my qusetion is. who is to do the pounding, the woman or the man?

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
Godmystrength: NA hungry man he be ni. How can you request for such tasking food? I don't blame him sha. It is the couple i blame now for asking what he wants to eat. And when he mentioned pounded yam they could not just say no and give him boiled yam and fried eggs.

But i don't even believe the story because what right thinking wife will have that kind of conversation with hubby in the presence of their guest? Who does/says that?
Honestly I don't know. I've been thinking about it since I saw the thread. is it possible that a woman will act like that in the presence of her visitor?
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
Godmystrength: NA hungry man he be ni. How can you request for such tasking food? I don't blame him sha. It is the couple i blame now for asking what he wants to eat. And when he mentioned pounded yam they could not just say no and give him boiled yam and fried eggs.
MzMariah: Honestly I don't know. I've been thinking about it since I saw the thread. is it possible that a woman will act like that in the presence of her visitor?

Believe me I have met silly women before who would love to "show off" and end up embarassing themselves. One I know is over 50 and actually brags about it, if you go to their house to show you how much her husband "loves her" she will ask him to get her juice, when he gets back she will ask for water.

Some women can be childish and silly, best believe it
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 01, 2014
aisha2:

Believe me I have met silly women before who would love to "show off" and end up embarassing themselves. One I know is over 50 and actually brags about it, if you go to their house to show you how much her husband "loves her" she will ask him to get her juice, when he gets back she will ask for water.

Wow, are you serious? shocked shocked shocked I can't even do that to my boyfriend talk more my hubby......chai, for real? shocked shocked
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Godmystrength: 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
aisha2:

Let her come and try that with my husband. lipsrsealed
Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by viexcey(f): 8:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
4 my tribe, pounding yam and fufu are males' chore except if the girl is d only child or has lazy brothers at home and she choose to do it, then fine.
But,it wasn't a good thing 4 the wife to ask her husband to pound in front of his visitor. If i was in her shoes,i would have asked the visitor," please we don't have yam at home now, would you like semo or wheat or eba instead?" Chikena, you save d stress and everyone will be happy.

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is To Pound Yam. Husband Or Wife by Rapture4real(m): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
My wife and I dealt with this issue seriously rather jokingly.She insisted on pound yam that she can't pound.Things have changed. Our mothers suffer. In those days they had no option but now our wives are ajebotas. Women shld apply wisdom.when you argue wit yo husband, you loose d battle.but we must not treat our wives as slaves.women shldnt approach the matter as the duty of the man.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Most Beautiful Couple Ever / Cheap Nike Roshe Run Print Shoes On Www.runnerstore.org / Housemaid Arrested For Raping Employer's 14 Year Old Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.