Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

NDLEA Arrests Nnewi Motorcycle Parts Dealer for Attempting To Smuggle Drugs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA Arrests Nnewi Motorcycle Parts Dealer for Attempting To Smuggle Drugs (776 Views)

Buhari Planning To Smuggle New Certificate To INEC Through Backdoor – FFK / Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa / PUNCH Newspaper Set To SMUGGLE Gov Sullivan Chime Back To Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Nnewi Motorcycle Parts Dealer for Attempting To Smuggle Drugs by youngmonie: 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
he National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) arrested a 39-year-old man at Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos for attempting to smuggle cannabis to China.

The man, Ogbodo Chibuzor David, is a motorcycle parts dealer at Nnewi, Tribune reports.

He reportedly hid the drugs – “11.06kg of dried weeds that tested positive for cannabis” - in food items, and was preparing to get on a Qatar Airlines flight, when he was apprehended.

Upon interrogation, David is said to have confessed, stating that he intended to sell the drugs so that he could use the proceeds to purchase motorcycle parts in China.

“I gave a business partner the sum of $30,000 to supply me goods and he disappeared. This brought my business to its knees and I have been struggling to take care of my wife and child since a year ago. I met many people for financial assistance but nobody was willing to help until I was wrongly advised. A friend told me to smuggle cannabis to China,” he said.

The suspect will be charged to court soon.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Nnewi Motorcycle Parts Dealer for Attempting To Smuggle Drugs by desgiezd(m): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
He is lucky that he was caught here. I cannot imagine it if he had been caught in China. Next time he would weigh advises received before acting on them.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nnewi Motorcycle Parts Dealer for Attempting To Smuggle Drugs by youngmonie: 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
desgiezd: He is lucky that he was caught here. I cannot imagine it if he had been caught in China. Next time he would weigh advises received before acting on them.

No mercy in China...death sentence ,not every risk is worth taking

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Virus: CNN Erroneously Labeled Niger As Nigeria / ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze! / Boko Haram Takes Over Bama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.