Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

A Thread For Introverts - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Thread For Introverts (3229 Views)

The Introverts Hangout- How Do You Manage Life With Little Or No Friends / Problems Only Introverts Will Understand / 10 Myths About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Introverts by J0nyb0y(m): 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
Decided to create this thread for people like myself (Introverts), lets get relate...
Personally am a Nerd. A serious geeky nerd, socially inept. At times i dont understand people and vice versa, enjoy being alone. And very reserved.. I'l be posting some misconceptions about introverts.

Lets keep the ball rolling,...
Re: A Thread For Introverts by J0nyb0y(m): 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
10 Myths About Introverts

Myth #1 – Introverts don’t like to talk.
This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.

Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.
Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact. They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite...

Personally am a very shy person, and a tall dude.. 6'9ft. So you can imagine, that feeling i get when i step into a room with crowd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Introverts by J0nyb0y(m): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Myth #3 – Introverts are rude.
Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.

Myth #4 – Introverts don’t like people.
On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Introverts by sleemoon(m): 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
I prefer to stay in my room playing video games dan chatting rubbish wif crowd... I choose d typ of frends I kip too... I dnt lyk frens who talk too much or chat too much... I jst prefer to stay indoors dan go for a nyts out boys party.... Love me for me

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Introverts by J0nyb0y(m): 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
sleemoon: I prefer to stay in my room playing video games dan chatting rubbish wif crowd... I choose d typ of frends I kip too... I dnt lyk frens who talk too much or chat too much... I jst prefer to stay indoors dan go for a nyts out boys party.... Love me for me
on point..
Re: A Thread For Introverts by J0nyb0y(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Myth #5 – Introverts don’t like to go out in public.
Nonsense. Introverts just don’t like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.

Myth #6 – Introverts always want to be alone.
Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.

Myth #7 – Introverts are weird. Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Introverts by J0nyb0y(m): 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
Myth #8 – Introverts are aloof nerds.
Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying
attention to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.

Myth #9 – Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just look it up.

Myth #10 – Introverts can fix themselves and become Extroverts.
A world without Introverts would be a world with few scientists, musicians, artists, poets, filmmakers, doctors, mathematicians, writers, and philosophers. That being said, there are still plenty of techniques an Extrovert can learn in order to interact with Introverts. (Yes, I reversed these two terms on purpose to show you how biased our society is.) Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the percentage of Introverts increases with IQ. “You cannot escape us, and to change
us would lead to your demise.” <-- I made that up. I'm a screenwriter. It can be terribly destructive for an Introvert to deny themselves in order to get along in an Extrovert-Dominant World. Like other minorities, Introverts can end up hating themselves and others because of the differences. If you think you are an Introvert, I recommend you research the topic and seek out other Introverts to compare notes. The burden is not entirely on Introverts to try and become "normal." Extroverts need to recognize and respect us, and we also need to respect ourselves.

Culled from Huffingpost
Re: A Thread For Introverts by J0nyb0y(m): 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
nlanders lets add ours... How we've been finding life generally
Re: A Thread For Introverts by Olarewajub: 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
Bro a thread has already been created in the family section. https://www.nairaland.com/1830091/introverts-lounge-extroverts-pls-keep/5#25127848
Re: A Thread For Introverts by Richiy(f): 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
Okay. I am not an introvert, but I just want y'all to know that some people appreciate and understand introverts. People like me. I even wish in my next life, I would come as an introvert. Many friends I have are introverts and I wouldn't have them less or more than what they are. Am a big fan.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Introverts by DoctorAshley(f): 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
am an introvert and i lyk being alone
i hate noise and partying
buh my family doesnt lyk it
sad
Re: A Thread For Introverts by Alexk2(m): 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
J0nyb0y:
10 Myths About Introverts

Myth #1 – Introverts don’t like to talk.
This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have something
to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something
they are interested in, and they won’t shut up for days.

Myth #2 – Introverts are shy.
Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not
necessarily afraid of people. What they need is a reason to interact.
They don’t interact for the sake of interacting. If you want to talk to
an Introvert, just start talking. Don’t worry about being polite...

Personally am a very shy person, and a tall dude.. 6'9ft. So you can
imagine, that feeling i get when i step into a room with crowd
you just describing me, bro....nyc job!
Re: A Thread For Introverts by Olarewajub: 12:08am On Aug 01, 2014
DoctorAshley: am an introvert and i lyk being alone
sad
Re: A Thread For Introverts by J0nyb0y(m): 1:46am On Aug 01, 2014
sad
they should understand you.. Try to make them understand your personalty.. They might just think you like doing such
Re: A Thread For Introverts by duby91(m): 7:43am On Aug 01, 2014
Richiy: Okay. I am not an introvert, but I just want y'all to know that some people appreciate and understand introverts. People like me. I even wish in my next life, I would come as an introvert. Many friends I have are introverts and I wouldn't have them less or more than what they are. Am a big fan.

Lol...u better be happy ur not an introvert. trust me, it could be frustrating. we just bottle it up and act like its cool. all that seclusion is depressing.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Introverts by duby91(m): 7:47am On Aug 01, 2014
sad

Exactly...everyone just thinks there is something wrong. Everyone is different.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Introverts by sleemoon(m): 7:51am On Aug 01, 2014
duby91:

Lol...u better be happy ur not an introvert. trust me, it could be frustrating. we just bottle it up and act like its cool. all that seclusion is depressing.

On point bro... Somtyms I jst get angry wif my self... My gf complained dat am too quiet... Wen m in a group of frends, I prefer to listen dan talk.. My frens even fought me 1ce sayn I don't contribute... Well quiet or no quiet I love mylife .. And I think differently from d way ppl do... Dat alone mks me happy

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Introverts by duby91(m): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2014
sleemoon:

On point bro... Somtyms I jst get angry wif my self... My gf complained dat am too quiet... Wen m in a group of frends, I prefer to listen dan talk.. My frens even fought me 1ce sayn I don't contribute... Well quiet or no quiet I love mylife .. And I think differently from d way ppl do... Dat alone mks me happy

You don't need to get angry with yourself, there are some xtics we have that are bad and some are good. just wonder why most peeps get irritated by it. Listening is one attribute i love and thinking differently...you see things differently and even the ones they didn't see coming.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Introverts by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 01, 2014
I guess this is the introverts' know-your-neighbour room!! cheesy. Oya!!!! Make I take front sit.
Re: A Thread For Introverts by FOREXMARTS: 10:50am On Aug 01, 2014
sleemoon: I prefer to stay in my room playing video games dan chatting rubbish wif crowd... I choose d typ of frends I kip too... I dnt lyk frens who talk too much or chat too much... I jst prefer to stay indoors dan go for a nyts out boys party.... Love me for me
My partner in crime.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Introverts by Obaino2013(m): 11:06am On Aug 01, 2014
Just described me....

Nice thread Op.
Sips alomo with groundnut.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Introverts by Nastydroid(m): 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
Make i relax here
Re: A Thread For Introverts by cirmuell(m): 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
Okay, seems I can spread my mat hear.

Well, I used to feel disturbed by what people (will)think about me and my attitude(the way i live my life)...but now I've realized that peoples opinions don't always matter. You just have to be you and love you for who you are.

#proudly_anIntrovert

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Introverts by J0nyb0y(m): 8:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
duby91:

You don't need to get angry with yourself, there are some xtics we have that are bad and some are good. just wonder why most peeps get irritated by it. Listening is one attribute i love and thinking differently...you see things differently and even the ones they didn't see coming.
exactly bro... I always see things from an entirely different angle.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Introverts by J0nyb0y(m): 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
nchewi: I guess this is the introverts' know-your-neighbour room!! cheesy. Oya!!!! Make I take front sit.
are you an introvert too? How is it being an introvert
Re: A Thread For Introverts by sleemoon(m): 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
Can someone please tell me why this thread hasn't made front page since..... Dis re the kind of topics that we need on FP not some funny lookalike of TBJ or some 10 ways of dis nd dat
Re: A Thread For Introverts by Nastydroid(m): 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
*passing by*
Re: A Thread For Introverts by bidexolumanish(m): 9:53pm On Oct 16, 2014
here i am in ma room since a.m doin html/css,switch to game and later in d night will take a stroll,i like it at night
Re: A Thread For Introverts by sleemoon(m): 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
Nastydroid:
Make i relax here
Nastydroid:
*passing by*
Nastydroid:
Make i relax here
Re: A Thread For Introverts by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
i'm an introvert..a vewi shy one at that,when i go out i'm a dilettante at almost evrytin.. i have frnds tho,but most of 'em think i'm strange.. the only person who seems to understand me is my sis and sometimes my folks rebukes me.. i can be very outspoken online..nd my fav companion is my cell phone..i wish people could just understand me... bfor i forget ,tnks op for creating this thread,God bless..
Re: A Thread For Introverts by sleemoon(m): 10:56pm On Oct 16, 2014
hoyinkansola:
i'm an introvert..a vewi shy one at that,when i go out i'm a dilettante at almost evrytin.. i have frnds tho,but most of 'em think i'm strange.. the only person who seems to understand me is my sis and sometimes my folks rebukes me.. i can be very outspoken online..nd my fav companion is my cell phone..i wish people could just understand me... bfor i forget ,tnks op for creating this thread,God bless..
Nice one! Glad to see us coming out 1by1
Re: A Thread For Introverts by Nastydroid(m): 11:09pm On Oct 16, 2014
sleemoon:
am still with you guys nau grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Animal Lovers Strip Off And Run Naked In London Zoo To Save Endangered Tigers / Thinker Or Doer!! / Leak Video : Watch Nicki Minaj Suck Drake's Joystick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.