Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,751 members, 7,802,302 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare (18770 Views)

NIGERIA CIVIL WAR : How It Started / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Nigeria In State Of War: How Over 54,000 Nigerians Died Outside The Law Since 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nnewi1stSon: 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Energito11: Bros God4bid that we have ikwerre in Biafra pls we dont need them and ph.
I never said we needed them, i just outlined the possible scenarios that could play in the event of disintegration. Besides we need their ports that's all
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sloan: A thread like this can only be started by the insecure people of the SE. Funny enough, they forget they will lose the most in any war / breakup situation! I wonder why SpikeC is saying Yorubas are the ones that can break the country up, and I ask why? The Yorubas will be more than glad to have our own country, and send out all the aliens but right now, a looney from the SS, Ebeledumb Jomathan is in power, what is he doing? The Yorubas are undoubtedly the most forward-thinkers in Nigeria and forward-thinkers will always tell you the correct solution, on the other hand people like Ebelechukwu Retarddenic from Ijawland is a drunkard, too dense to think even with a 1,000 advisers. The easterners are emotional creatures 100% of the time and have a wrong view of the thinking space (the world) hence they've always been wrong. The northerners have been completely sold out intellectual capacity to think for Islamic (religious) fundamentalism - they will never be able to make an objective thought about anything because for them, it is only one answer for all problems - religion!

In all these, Nigeria needs to be restructured but the retardeenic president from the SS is too busy enjoying the benefits of office to care that someday, he will no longer be president. Then, if the new president comes from another part of the country, he will also continue doing mostly what Jonathan is doing : sharing the cake! Jona and his people can complain till they are blue in the face but now that he has an opportunity to do it, he has failed, I only see Ijaws and most Nigerians crying for a long time for their laziness and incompetence to act.

The self acclaimed 'forward thinker' couldn't make an intelligent point apart from insulting other regions and hailing his own.

Ouch! What a forward thinker mhen. undecided Inferiority complex and coward chest beating at its peak. gringrin

31 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: I never said we needed them, i just outlined the possible scenarios that could play in the event of disintegration. Besides we need their ports that's all

There is every likelihood that a chunk of Ikwerre-Etche will go Igbo, even without Igbo prompting. Opinions are strongly divided there as to their Igboness.

4 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by spikesC(m): 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sloan: ... I wonder why SpikeC is saying Yorubas are the ones that can break the country up, and I ask why? ...

spikesC:
If the Niger Deltans initiate it, it might go awry as the elites would try to bring them back because of their oil.
For me, the Yorubas are in a better position to break the country in a peaceful way.
But then, we'll have to wait for eternity embarassed

Read, understand, then comment cool

Else ask questions objectively

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: The north wont be sending an army, but would use guerrilla tactics like they've doing in Jos, and recently Kaduna,Benue etcetera... So tell me how do you fight an enemy you cant see? It will take more than a Miracle to save Northern Minorities. From Kebbi to Gombe,Bauchi,Kaduna, Taraba,Plateau and Nassarawa. The north wont part with one inch of land wouldnt hesitate to commit genocide just to keep it.

Brother you are real wrong

The Arewas will try to lay claim to some of those territories and would want to effect it by putting boots on group.

Their guerrilla tactics is because we are still under the banner of Nigeria. Once that banner is destroyed, those guys will invade the MB areas

Why will they invade MB

1) Arewa land is almost a waste land in other words it can't sustain life and it lacks mineral resources in large amounts.

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by spikesC(m): 6:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: The north wont be sending an army, but would use guerrilla tactics like they've doing in Jos, and recently Kaduna,Benue etcetera... So tell me how do you fight an enemy you cant see? It will take more than a Miracle to save Northern Minorities. From Kebbi to Gombe,Bauchi,Kaduna, Taraba,Plateau and Nassarawa. The north wont part with one inch of land and wouldnt hesitate to commit genocide just to keep it.

This is war, not insurgency. You can't use guerrilla tactics during war because you have to keep the enemy out and protect your border at all times. Else, you risk a massive invasion

6 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by kmariko: 6:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
@Op please can you explain to naivettees like me how BOKO HARAM activity will lead to declaration of
War. And how will this be done or carried out
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
spikesC:

This is war, not insurgency. You can't use guerrilla tactics during war because you have to keep the enemy out and protect your border at all times. Else, you risk a massive invasion

But when the wars are won and lost there will be guerrilla warfare all over the place. Read my first post on page 1.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by kettykin: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
This reminds me of the permuttations made before the first Civil war how some people on their drawing board analysed and concluded that Ojukwu would be captured within 48 Hours using Police Action only while in actual fact it took more than 30 gruel months and very heavy military casualties for the Federal Army despite their international backing and heavy civilian casualties for the Biafran Army as a result of the sabotage of farm lands, much lessons about the war still can count in the present permuttations.

First any war to break out would not rule out allignments and counter allignments.
While i expect the South East and South South to naturally form a super allignment that could be backed by the NATO/US/Europe and the North West and borno/Yobe to form nother super allignement that will be backed majorly by the Arabs, Russia much can not be said about the yourbas and their Edo allies who might prefer to remain neutral initially and try to join the winning side eventually.

I also believe with facts on the ground that the middle belt will likely be the next theatre of war with Kogi, Abuja, Kaduna, Nassarawa as major centres of conflict while Benue, Plateau, Taraba will back the eastern allies while bauchi , parts of Gombe, parts of Adamawa, Niger will join the core north

5 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by spikesC(m): 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
AkinEgba:

But when the war is won and lost there will be guerrilla warfare all over the place. Read my first post on page 1.

That, is when border security experience comes in.
Now, the people at such risk are the middle belt. They will need to develop their border security to world class.
We're talking about giving away heavily mined hectares of land as border between them and the north. Military barracks placed at key points

They certainly don't want to live their lives like the Isrealites, but sadly, that might be what's gonna happen

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by kmariko: 6:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
@Op your treaties actually is based on the premise that Hausa/Fulanies are war mongers and will fight to dominate other people in their lands.. Keep wondering what elicits this wild or some will say bigoted idea about the Hausa's you presented here

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 6:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
spikesC:

That, is when border security experience comes in.
Now, the people at such risk are the middle belt. They will need to develop their border security to world class.
We're talking about giving away heavily mined hectares of land as border between them and the north. Military barracks placed at key points

They certainly don't want to live their lives like the Isrealites, but sadly, that might be what's gonna happen

Depending on how Igbo and Yoruba play their respective games in the south, there could also be guerrilla activities in the south from the minorities.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 6:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
BTW OP, where does Edo State fall in all of this? Are we going to have a second Benin Kingdom country or will they fall in line with SW? grin grin grin
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Son you are wrong

Do you know why Jos, Southern Kaduna etc were not overrun by Arewas.? Igbo factor

Tivs are brave but lack man power needed to secure the MB.

To secure the MB, btw 5-10 million shock troops will be needed against a massive invasion from AREWA.

That man power can't be supplied by the Tivs.

Sooner or later

Other Southern groups will be asked for helped.

Kindly shed more light on the igbo factor of your statement
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
kmariko: @Op please can you explain to naivettees like me how BOKO HARAM activity will lead to declaration of

BH attacked Lagos

Further actions like that will lead to emergence of ethnic militia and ethnic cleansing and counter cleansing

This can lead to coup that would be resisted violently

Democracy will become divided along ethno-religious line which is a recipe for war.

Is it clear now

NB

Blood bath in the MB can be traced to Maitaitsine terror days. Those days was one of the catalyst that destroyed the North.

The fact is

The Northern elders have lost control over their boys.

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
FrancisTony:

Get your fact right.

Igala isn't fighting Igbo but Aguleri. They are two different thing.

It's just like two communities fighting over who owns 'something' like how Aguleri and Umuleri have been fighting meanwhile they're both Ibo. It's just a community thingy not a tribal thing. smiley

And it doesn't occur to you that oil is a good reason to enhance an igbo/igalla conflict?
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by spikesC(m): 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
kmariko: @Op please can you explain to naivettees like me how BOKO HARAM activity will lead to declaration of

Only Bokoharam activities cannot lead to a declaration of war. Bokoharam is just a tool in the bigger atrocities been committed in Nigeria as a whole.

Here we're talking of tribalism, religious fanaticism, political warfare, marginalization.
That moment when people feel they are been cheated.
When they feel they deserve more.
When they feel that their rights can and will not be giving to them.
When they feel that it is high time they decide on their destiny

All these are naturally what leads to war.

We're not praying for war, but we need to make hay while the sun shines.
If you do not checkmate history, it will repeat itself

4 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Energito11: 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
We dont need their port or PH,what i always pray and wish is for T,O orji to start the construstion of obuaku seaport at abia state.we dont ikwerre people.
Nnewi1stSon: I never said we needed them, i just outlined the possible scenarios that could play in the event of disintegration. Besides we need their ports that's all

8 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
torkaka:

Kindly shed more light on the igbo factor of your statement

Most MB tribes are few and economically weak

It was when the war took religious dimension that the Igbos who are economically strong and internationally connected to arms business brought out guns to repel the demons on rampaged

Is it clear now.

You need money and connection to arms to fight African wars.

The things above, most MBs lack and the Arewas have through their connection with radical Islamic nations eg Iran, Sudan etc

How do you think BH fund their war or acquire their weapons.

4 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by garsul: 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
All this whinning is about the core north/muslims because of your inferiority complex. Emanticipate yourselves from mental slavery, you don't need the north to develop your region or to organize your lives. You guys should just organise a strong protest and urge your senators/reps not to report for duty next week or better still request for the break up on the floor of the two chambers of the national assembly. You guys and the northern elites are the ones who think much of this country. The average "core northerner” who constitute 99% of the population do not give a heck about Nigeria. Your likes have tried it in Sudan, what has it brought them?

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by spikesC(m): 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
kettykin: This reminds me of the permuttations made before the first Civil war how some people on their drawing board analysed and concluded that Ojukwu would be captured within 48 Hours using Police Action only while in actual fact it took more than 30 gruel months and very heavy military casualties for the Federal Army despite their international backing and heavy civilian casualties for the Biafran Army as a result of the sabotage of farm lands, much lessons about the war still can count in the present permuttations.

First any war to break out would not rule out allignments and counter allignments.
While i expect the South East and South South to naturally form a super allignment that could be backed by the NATO/US/Europe and the North West and borno/Yobe to form nother super allignement that will be backed majorly by the Arabs, Russia much can not be said about the yourbas and their Edo allies who might prefer to remain neutral initially and try to join the winning side eventually.

I also believe with facts on the ground that the middle belt will likely be the next theatre of war with Kogi, Abuja, Kaduna, Nassarawa as major centres of conflict while Benue, Plateau, Taraba will back the eastern allies while bauchi , parts of Gombe, parts of Adamawa, Niger will join the core north

Why do you believe that Russia will back North West and borno/Yobe alignment?
The super powers would be here to make sales, but i don't see a possible funding of the north going from the Arabs pocket to the Russians.

Though i see major arm deals going to USA and Israel. China and Russia won't make much sales
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
duplicated
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nnewi1stSon: 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
Energito11: We dont need their port or PH,what i always pray and wish is for T,O orji to start the construstion of obuaku seaport at abia state.we dont ikwerre people.
Either way the canal linking the port to the atlantic would still have to pass through Ikwerre territory! Same problem the port @ onitsha would encounter!
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by spikesC(m): 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
AkinEgba:

Depending on how Igbo and Yoruba play their respective games in the south, there could also be guerrilla activities in the south from the minorities.

Never gonna happen. Who and who is gonna engage in such conflict?
I see more of communal clashes than tribal.

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Most MB tribes are few and economically weak

It was when the war took religious dimension that the Igbos who are economically strong and internationally connected to arms business brought out guns to repel the demons on rampaged

Is it clear now.

You need money and connection to arms to fight African wars.

The things above, most MBs lack and the Arewas have through their connection with radical Islamic nations eg Iran, Sudan etc

How do you think BH fund their war or acquire their weapons.

We are talking war here, not insurgency or militancy!!

If a war breaks out, everyone will firstly go to his/her region, numbers will not win a war, tactics and location will! Unlike the east, others have large expanse of land to play and manuever with
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
torkaka:

And it doesn't occur to you that oil is a good reason to enhance an igbo/igalla conflict?

OF COURSE IT IS. HOWEVER, IN THE EVENT THAT THEY BELONG IN ONE COUNTRY THE TWO STATES WILL BE DISSOLVED INTO ONE AND THE DERIVATION FROM THE OIL WILL BE MANAGED BY THE ACTUAL FAMILIES WHO OWN THE LAND. THAT WAY, IT WONT BE IGBO-IGALA BUT FAMILY-FAMILY OR AT MOST COMMUNITY-COMMUNITY WAHALA.

AND WITH A SMALLER COUNTRY TO ''ENJOY'' THE OIL. THE DIVIDEND SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO ROUND MORE EASILY.

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Energito11: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Like i said before hell no to ikwerre people.
God bless Ika.
God bless Anioma.
God bless Igboland.
Nnewi1stSon: Either way the canal linking the port to the atlantic would still have to pass through Ikwerre territory! Same problem the port @ onitsha would encounter!

4 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by IdomaLikita: 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
OP, God Bless You!
Since 2011, I have spent at least 30mins of every single Day thinking about this eventuality!
The MB will suffer Tremendously irrespective of any action she takes!
1st, the War will assume a Religious Dimension and the Persecution of Christian Minorities all over the Core-North will Lead to a Southward Migration of Huge Numbers of People leading to a Massive Humanitarian Crisis in so-called Safe Heavens like Benue, Kogi,Nassarawa,and Southern Taraba!
The Sheer Responsibility of Catering to these New Arrivals will surely Cripple whatever Coalition Government that may be in charge then(a good number of Middle beltan Elites would fly abroad and leave their people to their fate)!
2ndly, I expect the East to quickly shut its Border and concentrate its forces there(having learnt few lessons from the Civil War regarding "Father Christmas")! The west may or may not follow suit!
Then there'll be a Lull, with Negotiations going on and Humanitarian Corridors being negotiated, all the while, Starvation and Disease would be ravaging my people!
Lastly, the North would be expected to go on Full Offensive. Feeble Attempts would be made by the MB to resist! But in-fighting, lack of trust amongst the numerous tribes and greed for power will work to the North's advantage!
The East may only offer economic assistance and maybe, just maybe send some Weapons across, to ensure an effective Buffer zone between herself and the North!
The only Option left to the MB is to get weapons through the Camerounian Border, which will also teem with Refugees or a UN intervention (which ALWAYS comes when half the Population have been decimated)!

Either way, the Consequences would be Catastrophic for me people!

Kosovo, Darfur, Kashmir, etc come to mind!

God Help Us All.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
I love this thread. I can't wait to pack my kaya and relocate back to Osun.

If war would solve the problem, so be it. We lost the chance in 1967, the mistake shall never repeat itself. I believe the MBelters have learnt their lessons. If the Hausa/Fulani could attack Igbos(their friends then), what's the assurance that they would not do worse to Yoruba(Awolowo's mistake) and middle belters(benue,plateau and others who supported them then). Once bitten twice shy. This time around, no baggarz(tinubu or whoever) can save them.

Dissolution of this forced marriage is the only available option.

It would be interesting. At least we would have the privilege to prove to people we are not cowards. We'd either fight to death and secure our region or lose and become slaves till Jesus come.

The mistake of 1967 must never repeat itself next year, one of the reasons why Jonathan MUST emerge victorious in the next year presidential election.

Say No To Forced Marriage.

Cheers.

11 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
IdomaLikita: OP, God Bless You!
Since 2011, I have spent at least 30mins of every single Day thinking about this eventuality!
The MB will suffer Tremendously irrespective of any action she takes!
1st, the War will assume a Religious Dimension and the Persecution of Christian Minorities all over the Core-North will Lead to a Southward Migration of Huge Numbers of People leading to a Massive Humanitarian Crisis in so-called Safe Heavens like Benue, Kogi,Nassarawa,and Southern Taraba!
The Sheer Responsibility of Catering to these New Arrivals will surely Cripple whatever Coalition Government that may be in charge then(a good number of Middle beltan Elites would fly abroad and leave their people to their fate)!
2ndly, I expect the East to quickly shut its Border and concentrate its forces there(having learnt few lessons from the Civil War regarding "Father Christmas"wink! The west may or may not follow suit!
Then there'll be a Lull, with Negotiations going on and Humanitarian Corridors being negotiated, all the while, Starvation and Disease would be ravaging my people!
Lastly, the North would be expected to go on Full Offensive. Feeble Attempts would be made by the MB to resist! But in-fighting, lack of trust amongst the numerous tribes and greed for power will work to the North's advantage!
The East may only offer economic assistance and maybe, just maybe send some Weapons across, to ensure an effective Buffer zone between herself and the North!
The only Option left to the MB is to get weapons through the Camerounian Border, which will also teem with Refugees or a UN intervention (which ALWAYS comes when half the Population have been decimated)!

Either way, the Consequences would be Catastrophic for me people!

Kosovo, Darfur, Kashmir, etc come to mind!

God Help Us All.

Access to weapons and tactics will determine a lot, not population. If Benue plays it's cards well and explores it border with cameroon, they will put up a good fight. The North will not push through the eastern route at the begining, there are too many obstacles there. They will rather come through kwara and kogi. Those two states are going to be the theater of blood.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nnewi1stSon: 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nnewi1stSon: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
IdomaLikita: OP, God Bless You!
Since 2011, I have spent at least 30mins of every single Day
thinking about this eventuality!
The MB will suffer Tremendously irrespective of any action
she takes!
1st, the War will assume a Religious Dimension and the Persecution of Christian Minorities all over the Core-North
will Lead to a Southward Migration of Huge Numbers of
People leading to a Massive Humanitarian Crisis in so-called
Safe Heavens like Benue, Kogi,Nassarawa,and Southern
Taraba!
The Sheer Responsibility of Catering to these New Arrivals will surely Cripple whatever Coalition Government that may
be in charge then(a good number of Middle beltan Elites
would fly abroad and leave their people to their fate)!
2ndly, I expect the East to quickly shut its Border and
concentrate its forces there(having learnt few lessons from
the Civil War regarding "Father Christmas"wink! The west may or may not follow suit!
Then there'll be a Lull, with Negotiations going on and
Humanitarian Corridors being negotiated, all the while,
Starvation and Disease would be ravaging my people!
Lastly, the North would be expected to go on Full Offensive.
Feeble Attempts would be made by the MB to resist! But in- fighting, lack of trust amongst the numerous tribes and
greed for power will work to the North's advantage!
The East may only offer economic assistance and maybe,
just maybe send some Weapons across, to ensure an
effective Buffer zone between herself and the North!
The only Option left to the MB is to get weapons through the Camerounian Border, which will also teem with Refugees or
a UN intervention (which ALWAYS comes when half the
Population have been decimated)! Either way, the Consequences would be Catastrophic for me
people! Kosovo, Darfur, Kashmir, etc come to mind! God Help Us All.
Your assessment although grim is the bitter truth. I just hope you guys figure something out before we get to such a situation.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) / My Suspension Cannot Stand - Jibrin / Buhari Not Yet Nigerian President – Rep, Sopuluchukwu Ezeonwuka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.