Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare (18789 Views)

NIGERIA CIVIL WAR : How It Started / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Nigeria In State Of War: How Over 54,000 Nigerians Died Outside The Law Since 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by JEITO: 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
No course for alarm. Nigeria might shake but certainly not break so these permutations are not Needful.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Descartes: 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
AkinEgba: On the contrary, how about the South and MB (south-compliant MB, of course) teaming up to chase the core North back to Niger? grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: I thought you were learned, but this post proved otherwise to me, tell me does the oil belong to the Muslims??

Does the oil wells ISIS has conered in iraq belong to them?

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by waternogetenemy: 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
torkaka:
Quit deceiving yourselves and basking in self illusioned fantasies, the greatest disservice you can do to yourself is to think that western nations or some igbo generals will cushion the effects of the castrophe that will happen if Nigeria erupts!!
It is in your interest, and that of every other dreamer here that the country does not get to a point where it is in disarray. Even America does not fancy the thoughts of the largest muslim nation in Africa going haywire right now!!
I hope you are aware that Nigeria falls into ISIS 5 year plan, and nothing will give the jihadist more joy than a war breaking out in Nigeria.
Eastern Nigeria will turn to homs in a matter of days when war breaks out!

The fact remains that Nigeria is not Africa largest muslim nation and will never be such. The fact is that ISIS or Boko Haram cannot over power the western allies . The fact remains that as things stand right now, the type of weapons that have been reserved in the south if war breaks out is still a dream for the north.

Pray long and hard war does not break out becos as Asari Dokunbo say, "We are ready for them. We will match them bullet for bullet, blood for blood violence for even greater violence. We are ready for them."

8 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nnewi1stSon: 10:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
torkaka:

Does the oil wells ISIS has conered in iraq belong to them?
Dude stop talking about foregin conflicts cos it's obvious you have limited knowledge about their nature! ISIL is a sunni militant group, operating in a sunni area(Northern Iraq) it's like asking why MEND is fighting for the emancipation of the Niger delta. Stop making a fool of yourself here biko!

6 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Kponkwem(m): 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
An uncle with the UN told me that no tribe in Africa has the level of love, mutual respect and solidarity as the Igbo. He said during the civil war this factor assisted te Igbo to survive as a people. They shared salts, meals, cloths , trade apprenticeship etc to wade through the most vicious international onslaught by combined world powers of Britain, Russia, Egypt, Spain, etc and all Nigerian ethnicities.

The Igbo diaspora, numbering over ten million have never failed to think home. If the Igbo will have their natural homeland as an independent state, the amount of funds of different hard currencies it can attract for massive development especially in the beggining will be unprecedented in Africa.

Ndiimo single-handedly built the Sam Mbakwe Airport by communal efforts, which is a common string in Igbo development. Recently Arthur Eze forked out billions for Anambra as an individual contribution. No ethnic group does that anywhere in Africa.

So war or no war, Ndigbo should keep praying for their space under the sun; they are just a different breed. They will surely excel!

9 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
rigarmortis: You see, this is the reason i dont encourage mass sale of weed, i love weed like the average dude, i indulge from time to time, but sellers should be careful who they sell to, not everyone enjoys the high in peace.

Some take a few puffs and they come up with wild ideas, like mr OP, or they start to "reason ahead" like a particular poster here, some even turn into prophets of doom while others turn into seasoned and excellent military tacticians from their usual timid and humble sh1t eating grin faced nature.

I say no more indiscriminate selling of ganja in university premises......

No more

Federal Ministry of Health warns that weeds can make you go crazy

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Ahuitzotl: 10:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
In the event of War the middle belt will try to stay neutral although we cannot say for kogi and kwara who most likely will anticipate an annexation by the North with little or no resistance from the south west.All developing countries need the coast to thrive therefore the north will be faced with an invasion of the south west, using the Illorin axis as a staging area or FOB,with excellent intelligience reports from the muslims amongst the yorubars, the North should make quick work of securing Lagos....This will relieve tensions in the Benue in the long run as the north occupies the south west thus will have no impetus for invading Benue or South East..The main 'christian' yorobar force will be reduced to harrassing guerrilla strikes staged across the border from the Cotonou-Portonovo axis..In order to secure their gains and their eastern flank the North will seek a mutual detente with the igbos thus reducing the war to one front in the west coast.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: Dude stop talking about foregin conflicts cos it's obvious you have limited knowledge about their nature! ISIL is a sunni militant group, operating in a sunni area(Northern Iraq) it's like asking why MEND is fighting for the emancipation of the Niger delta. Stop making a fool of yourself here biko!

ISIS is an al qaeda splinter group that has declared an islamic state in parts of Syria and Iraq, it is the largest terrorist group right now and they are well equipped. It is the rallying group for most terrorst groups at the moment including boko haram who have acknowledged them.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by IdomaLikita: 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
torkaka:

Quit deceiving yourselves and basking in self illusioned fantasies, the greatest disservice you can do to yourself is to think that western nations or some igbo generals will cushion the effects of the castrophe that will happen if Nigeria erupts!!

It is in your interest, and that of every other dreamer here that the country does not get to a point where it is in disarray. Even America does not fancy the thoughts of the largest muslim nation in Africa going haywire right now!!

I hope you are aware that Nigeria falls into ISIS 5 year plan, and nothing will give the jihadist more joy than a war breaking out in Nigeria.

Eastern Nigeria will turn to homs in a matter of days when war breaks out!

Dear Sir,
I share your Insecurities! For like you, I am a Middlebelter! I cringe at the Consequences of a Violent Break-Up and, I appreciate the Humanitarian Challenges awaiting us in event of such!
But the Essence of the Thread is to Discuss our Worst Fears in the Open so that people may hear them and ponder upon them!
But if u choose to behave like several other Middle-Belters I've interacted with who choose Blind Optimism over informed Pragmatism, then I'm afraid we are not making progress!
I feel the Pang too when I see a Higher Female Literacy Rate, Standard of Living, Life Expectancy, Low Maternal Mortality, etc few kilometers southwards, but hey! They earned it! If you're covered with Shit, the 1st thing you gotta do is take a Bath!

10 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by waternogetenemy: 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
torkaka:
ISIS is an al qaeda splinter group that has declared an islamic state in parts of Syria and Iraq, it is the largest terrorist group right now and they are well equipped. It is the rallying group for most terrorst groups at the moment including boko haram who have acknowledged them.

ISIS? Wat is wrong with u? Have u no brain? U almost sound like ISIS is Mohammed and Allah... ISIS is a force of evil created and permitted by the western allies to give the Syria Asad regime hell and keep iraq destabilized until their objective in the middle east is satisfied.(oil and to protect Isreal)

There weapons were provided by Britain and America to fight in Syria. They are the Syrian rebels. They cannot get into Africa, they will be destroyed in the open by France. See Mali for example. Don't make me have to knock some sense into ur empty head again fool. angry

7 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nnewi1stSon: 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
[s]
torkaka:

[/s] I fail to see any correlation between the balderdash you put up and your initial assertion! ISIL overran the Sunni parts of Syria and Iraq, whether they are terrorists or not isnt the issure here, can you elucidate to our understanding how the north intends to use ISIL to overrun the oil fields of southern Nigeria? Or did you make a stop at the local cider tavern in your neighbourhood before login in here? undecided

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
IdomaLikita:

Dear Sir,
I share your Insecurities! For like you, I am a Middlebelter! I cringe at the Consequences of a Violent Break-Up and, I appreciate the Humanitarian Challenges awaiting us in event of such!
But the Essence of the Thread is to Discuss our Worst Fears in the Open so that people may hear them and ponder upon them!
But if u choose to behave like several other Middle-Belters I've interacted with who choose Blind Optimism over informed Pragmatism, then I'm afraid we are not making progress!
I feel the Pang too when I see a Higher Female Literacy Rate, Standard of Living, Life Expectancy, Low Maternal Mortality, etc few kilometers southwards, but hey! They earned it! If you're covered with Shit, the 1st thing you gotta do is take a Bath!

Optimism is good when it acknowledges the reality on ground and prepares to face them.

Brother you have tried and I know you will keep trying

Just pray God place you in a position you can help save the situation before trouble erupts.

5 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by fx45(m): 11:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
Konmight: I love this thread. I can't wait to pack my kaya and relocate back to Osun.

If war would solve the problem, so be it. We lost the chance in 1967, the mistake shall never repeat itself. I believe the MBelters have learnt their lessons. If the Hausa/Fulani could attack Igbos(their friends then), what's the assurance that they would not do worse to Yoruba(Awolowo's mistake) and middle belters(benue,plateau and others who supported them then). Once bitten twice shy. This time around, no baggarz(tinubu or whoever) can save them.

Dissolution of this forced marriage is the only available option.

It would be interesting. At least we would have the privilege to prove to people we are not cowards. We'd either fight to death and secure our region or lose and become slaves till Jesus come.

The mistake of 1967 must never repeat itself next year, one of the reasons why Jonathan MUST emerge victorious in the next year presidential election.

Say No To Forced Marriage.

Cheers.
U're not a Yoruba man... I know how 'em Yoruba people think. Quote me anywhere
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
IdomaLikita:

Dear Sir,

Oh please don't even try to be intelligent, aint you the dude from the concrete wall fortification fame??

Blind optimism here is when one thinks a city like state (yes, that's in reference to the 5 eastern states) will churn out military defenses like isreal when faced with an attack based on military equipment and foreign help, all fantasized, as against the reality of a clear route from which the attack will come from.

When war breaks, it will not be biafra vs nigeria, it will be several nations angling for survival. Those that will survive are those who will know the strenghts of their enemies and the weakness of themselves. Clearly, you and the other loud mouths here don't know this. Alliances are formed, not because of military weakness but because of strategic location.

Fact is, western Nigeria is large, northern Nigeria is large. Attacking any of these places means overstretching yourself (for you will attack on many fronts), northerners are not as stupid as you think, they know this and they won't waste any resources coming through benue or Taraba which will give them hiccups on the way. Their battle will be against the city state called biafra.

Like I said earlier, the border between cameroon and benue will play and all important role during the conflict, it is not numbers or loud mouthing that win a war, but surely location plays a vital role!!

When and if the war starts, let it start before you start l.icking arsz
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
waternogetenemy:

ISIS? Wat is wrong with u? Have u no brain? U almost sound like ISIS is Mohammed and Allah... ISIS is a force of evil created and permitted by the western allies to give the Syria Asad regime hell and keep iraq destabilized until their objective in the middle east is satisfied.(oil and to protect Isreal)

There weapons were provided by Britain and America to fight in Syria. They are the Syrian rebels. They cannot get into Africa, they will be destroyed in the open by France. See Mali for example. Don't make me have to knock some sense into ur empty head again fool. angry

Ok, a conspiracy theorist! Don't have your time
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: [s][/s] I fail to see any correlation between the balderdash you put up and your initial assertion! ISIL overran the Sunni parts of Syria and Iraq, whether they are terrorists or not isnt the issure here, can you elucidate to our understanding how the north intends to use ISIL to overrun the oil fields of southern Nigeria? Or did you make a stop at the local cider tavern in your neighbourhood before login in here? undecided

Yet another intelligent wannabe, you must be from planet mumudocks if you don't know that the only reason a war will erupt when nigeria scatters is OIL!! And it is for the same reason friction between the north and south west will be minimal.

Oil is not a motivation for western nations alone!!
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Rich4god(m): 12:16am On Aug 01, 2014
gosh... I cant believe some supposed intelligent people just decide to start speaking in fantasy... War is not a thing you plan on the board... Abi una think say na call of duty una dey play... If war is that easy, the U.S wouldnt have lost in vietnam,iraq,afgan, despite their proper planning... We dont need bullets/bombs flying in this country anymore. If Nigeria is to break, lets break peacefully... Else we better stick together and make this country work....

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 12:36am On Aug 01, 2014
torkaka:
Oh please don't even try to be intelligent, aint you the dude from the concrete wall fortification fame??
Blind optimism here is when one thinks a city like state (yes, that's in reference to the 5 eastern states) will churn out military defenses like isreal when faced with an attack based on military equipment and foreign help, all fantasized, as against the reality of a clear route from which the attack will come from.
When war breaks, it will not be biafra vs nigeria, it will be several nations angling for survival. Those that will survive are those who will know the strenghts of their enemies and the weakness of themselves. Clearly, you and the other loud mouths here don't know this. Alliances are formed, not because of military weakness but because of strategic location.
Fact is, western Nigeria is large, northern Nigeria is large. Attacking any of these places means overstretching yourself (for you will attack on many fronts), northerners are not as stupid as you think, they know this and they won't waste any resources coming through benue or Taraba which will give them hiccups on the way. Their battle will be against the city state called biafra.
Like I said earlier, the border between cameroon and benue will play and all important role during the conflict, it is not numbers or loud mouthing that win a war, but surely location plays a vital role!!
When and if the war starts, let it start before you start l.icking arsz

Kogi Benue Taraba are states you must pass through before approaching Biafra.

Now according to you analysis, Arewas would avoid Benue-Taraba. Meaning that they would invade Biafra through Kogi.

Questions you need to ask yourself is

1) Will Biafrans and ND stand by and watch Kogi fall when they know they are the main targets.

2) Will people of Benue-Taraba do nothing as they find themselves encircled.

Think my friend

SE SS MB People are not that stupid

7 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by SamIkenna: 1:16am On Aug 01, 2014
torkaka:

You must be a poor student of history to think western international support will favour the SW, SE and SS.

On the contrary, it is the support from the islamic jihadist that will ultimately count, recent events have shown that where ever the west steps in, those places head deeper into crisis and eventually fall to the islamist, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Somalia, Afghanistan come to mind!!

There's a new frontier in warfare now, quit playing the ostrich and get yourself in tune with evolving events around the world!

Nigeria has the largest muslim population in Africa, and I bet you, in the event of instability, the islamist will have a field day. What ISIS is presently doing in iraq and syria will look like child's play.

CAR as you mentioned has a small muslim population with not oil, Nigeria on the other hand, has lots of oil with a staggering muslim number!

WESTERN COUNTRIES WILL PLAY FROM AFAR!!

I've carefully read all your posts and it amazes that your permutation for Core North coming out on top should war break out in Nigeria is hinged on the collaboration and support of islamists from Middle East (i.e ISIS, Al qeada, etc). Even though it might not make sense to many average secular minded Nigerians that a section of Nigeria would align with terrorists to achieve a supposedly national or sectional goal, it actually makes sense to people like us who have studiously x-rayed the complexities of core northern polico-religious admixture. What you're saying is not mere bluffing, not at all. You're just stating your previously hushed but obvious strengths and strategies in a country beaming and brewing with secession and threat of war. You're being honest, and I wished your elder brothers - Junaids, Bugajes, and Angos would be magnanimous enough to bless us with such frankness on the reason for establishment and sustenance of Boko Haram, after all both Boko Haram and middle eastern terror groups share the same ideology.

However, just as in all crises situations, friends and allies are not limited to one side. Friends and allies help in times of crises to tip the edge to the 'chosen.' They tip the edge if actually the battle front is more or less a stalemate. If you're not at a point where the crises is neither going your way or your enemies way then allies may not help that much. Their participation at that point only help in deepening and extending the war with catastrophic consequences for the parties involved.

You've stated your strength in the event of a showdown which is: that you have a sealed brotherhood with terrorist cells in the middle east who're ready to join you in clearing out the South and appropriating Nigeria's current oil resource. So, consequent upon your stated goal I would like you to go back in time and appraise the feasibility of the core north 'clearing out' the East in the past civil war without the unalloyed support of the Middle Belt, South West, and Riverine South South. Now, 44 years after your premature triumphalism, do you think you still can garner such support to face East should war break out again? Perhaps you might comfort yourself and pretend the support over 250 ethnic groups gave Hausa-Fulani was inconsequential - that core north would have won anyway. But I think its imperative you take a load off and inquire from a wide breadth of Nigerians if your initial answer to my question is indeed accurate.

You see, no man with Igbo blood flowing in his arteries is in doubt in anyway shape or form of the outcome of a full fledged war between 'that tiny sitting duck Eastern city states' and your 'mighty and vast core north.' That tiny sitting duck city state, like you wrote, is somehow blessed with a heart and furry that'll make you tremble if you're to face her in a war of attrition with no friends. To be honest, I'm worried that if Nigeria goes down precipitously the Igbo I know might deliberately find an excuse to open up a front, commit genocide against your 'massive' region, and call it even. In the end we all can mouth off and jab any region anyhow under the protection of 'one Nigeria' but when that is gone.....hmm! it'll be an interesting show.

7 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Yujin(m): 1:20am On Aug 01, 2014
I surely will come back to this interesting thread when I'm chanced. But let me pen down some points to enable us analyse better.
My points are based on the core north being the aggressors.
What actually will be their target?
1. Access to the sea only? Yorubaland will be the likely route.
2. Access to oil and the sea? Igboland and the ND will be the likely route.
3. Arable and mineral rich lands? The MB will be their aim.
Point number 2 seems to be the most difficult for obvious reasons- more population and a viciously lethal enemy to face.
More to come.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by IGBOSON1: 1:28am On Aug 01, 2014
whatlyf: Only the insecure will create this kind of thread.

This was thÉ same analysis one bearded man from Nnewi made in 1966 and we all know the damages and resultant effect it has on his people. He was a Lt. Col and Military Gov as at then.

Instead of to concentrate on how to secure their own territory should in case of any disintegration, they are here worrying for others. Always crying more than the bereaved.

I didn't mention name o

^^^You really need to go visit a shrink to get your fears in check! This is a tread with many sides arguing one way or the other, yet you zero in on Igbos!

You say you're Ijaw abi?

I've told you i know what your game plan is.....you and all the other alternate monikers you use! ALL ethnicities in the old Eastern Region will continue to move on with a commonality of purpose; and hopefully one day extricate ourselves from this 'mere geographical expression you shamelessly cling on to for whatever reason! This is what keeps you awake at night.....this is your fear innit?

Pathetic animal!

6 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 1:29am On Aug 01, 2014
Yujin: I surely will come back to this interesting thread when I'm chanced. But let me pen down some points to enable us analyse better.
My points are based on the core north being the aggressors.
What actually will be their target?
1. Access to the sea only? Yorubaland will be the likely route.
2. Access to oil and the sea? Igboland and the ND will be the likely route.
3. Arable and mineral rich lands? The MB will be their aim.
Point number 2 seems to be the most difficult for obvious reasons- more population and a viciously lethal enemy to face.
More to come.

How south

The guy no know anything

He think sey we be moi moi

When kasala go burst

He go know sey

Igbos are part of the lions of Africa. cool

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 1:34am On Aug 01, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^You really need to go visit a shrink to get your fears in check! This is a tread with many sides arguing one way or the other, yet you zero in on Igbos!

You say you're Ijaw abi?

I've told you i know what your game plan is.....you and all the other alternate monikers you use! ALL ethnicities in the old Eastern Region will continue to move on with a commonality of purpose; and hopefully one day extricate ourselves from this 'mere geographical expression you shamelessly cling on to for whatever reason! This is what keeps you awake at night.....this is your fear innit?

Pathetic animal!

Next time do not reply him in order to help him see how childish he is.

Don't forget most people like him are Yorubas pretending to be Ijaws. Thinking that their silly tactics will drive a wedge btw Ijaws and the Igbos.

The other day Barcanistan the fake Ijaw boy declared that he is for APC.

Nnwane ask yourself, can a true Ijaw boy betray GEJ after seeing how the enemies of GEJ have tried and are still trying to derail GEJ.

GEJ TILL 2019

8 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by SamIkenna: 1:41am On Aug 01, 2014
IdomaLikita: OP, God Bless You!
Since 2011, I have spent at least 30mins of every single Day thinking about this eventuality!
The MB will suffer Tremendously irrespective of any action she takes!
1st, the War will assume a Religious Dimension and the Persecution of Christian Minorities all over the Core-North will Lead to a Southward Migration of Huge Numbers of People leading to a Massive Humanitarian Crisis in so-called Safe Heavens like Benue, Kogi,Nassarawa,and Southern Taraba!
The Sheer Responsibility of Catering to these New Arrivals will surely Cripple whatever Coalition Government that may be in charge then(a good number of Middle beltan Elites would fly abroad and leave their people to their fate)!
2ndly, I expect the East to quickly shut its Border and concentrate its forces there(having learnt few lessons from the Civil War regarding "Father Christmas"wink! The west may or may not follow suit!
Then there'll be a Lull, with Negotiations going on and Humanitarian Corridors being negotiated, all the while, Starvation and Disease would be ravaging my people!
Lastly, the North would be expected to go on Full Offensive. Feeble Attempts would be made by the MB to resist! But in-fighting, lack of trust amongst the numerous tribes and greed for power will work to the North's advantage!
The East may only offer economic assistance and maybe, just maybe send some Weapons across, to ensure an effective Buffer zone between herself and the North!
The only Option left to the MB is to get weapons through the Camerounian Border, which will also teem with Refugees or a UN intervention (which ALWAYS comes when half the Population have been decimated)!

Either way, the Consequences would be Catastrophic for me people!

Kosovo, Darfur, Kashmir, etc come to mind!

God Help Us All.

East is the nucleus of Nigerian Christians just as Core north is the bastion of Nigerian Islam, so to say the East would shut its doors on fellow Christians is not entirely accurate. After you objectively digest Ojukwu's speech titled Ahiara Declaration then you would understand why the East may not fold her hands while the core north rides a shotgun in the middle belt. Right now Middle belt's problem is Nigeria's problem but in the event of a full Nigerian govt collapse it'll cease to be. The major ethnic groups will move in. Some will go for aggressive slicing and dicing while some will go in to halt and possibly roll back deadly religious extremism breathing close to her border.

3 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by adamskutty(m): 1:54am On Aug 01, 2014
See how this idiots just the mention my noble ethnic group (igala) anyhow. In a no fit mind una own business for once?

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Ovamboland(m): 2:09am On Aug 01, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^You're welcome Bros! Though i think it's pertinent to point out that the country to emerge from the East will be a secular country with a strong Christian leaning and founded on Christian principles! Just for avoidance of doubt!

The Eastern nation will be secular as far as you are catholic grin
Anything else you will be persucuted
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 2:55am On Aug 01, 2014
SamIkenna:

I've carefully read all your posts and it amazes that your permutation for Core North coming out on top should war break out in Nigeria is hinged on the collaboration and support of islamists from Middle East (i.e ISIS, Al qeada, etc). Even though it might not make sense to many average secular minded Nigerians that a section of Nigeria would align with terrorists to achieve a supposedly national or sectional goal, it actually makes sense to people like us who have studiously x-rayed the complexities of core northern polico-religious admixture. What you're saying is not mere bluffing, not at all. You're just stating your previously hushed but obvious strengths and strategies in a country beaming and brewing with secession and threat of war. You're being honest, and I wished your elder brothers - Junaids, Bugajes, and Angos would be magnanimous enough to bless us with such frankness on the reason for establishment and sustenance of Boko Haram, after all both Boko Haram and middle eastern terror groups share the same ideology.

However, just as in all crises situations, friends and allies are not limited to one side. Friends and allies help in times of crises to tip the edge to the 'chosen.' They tip the edge if actually the battle front is more or less a stalemate. If you're not at a point where the crises is neither going your way or your enemies way then allies may not help that much. Their participation at that point only help in deepening and extending the war with catastrophic consequences for the parties involved.

You've stated your strength in the event of a showdown which is: that you have a sealed brotherhood with terrorist cells in the middle east who're ready to join you in clearing out the South and appropriating Nigeria's current oil resource. So, consequent upon your stated goal I would like you to go back in time and appraise the feasibility of the core north 'clearing out' the East in the past civil war without the unalloyed support of the Middle Belt, South West, and Riverine South South. Now, 44 years after your premature triumphalism, do you think you still can garner such support to face East should war break out again? Perhaps you might comfort yourself and pretend the support over 250 ethnic groups gave Hausa-Fulani was inconsequential - that core north would have won anyway. But I think its imperative you take a load off and inquire from a wide breadth of Nigerians if your initial answer to my question is indeed accurate.

You see, no man with Igbo blood flowing in his arteries is in doubt in anyway shape or form of the outcome of a full fledged war between 'that tiny sitting duck Eastern city states' and your 'mighty and vast core north.' That tiny sitting duck city state, like you wrote, is somehow blessed with a heart and furry that'll make you tremble if you're to face her in a war of attrition with no friends. To be honest, I'm worried that if Nigeria goes down precipitously the Igbo I know might deliberately find an excuse to open up a front, commit genocide against your 'massive' region, and call it even. In the end we all can mouth off and jab any region anyhow under the protection of 'one Nigeria' but when that is gone.....hmm! it'll be an interesting show.

And if you have read me very well, you will understand that all I have been trying to do is look through the glasses of the supposed enemy!

War is not chest beating on your computer or phone, neither is the outcome ever in line with boardroon premutations, in as much as a tribe as small as angas can stop an invading army, so it is that an army as large as the 10million igbos(like someone said) fall within a day!!!

I gave scenarios of how things might happen as against some peoples straight line conclusions, that islamist will take advantage of an outbreak in Nigeria shouldn't be rocket science for any one with a brain in his head!!

As you measure your strenghts, try to also measure the strenght of your enemy and never rule out anything!!

Like you said, the north will not have a field day without the support of the MB, SW and SS. So it is the east will not stand ground for long without alliances from the rest, that's a fact!!

Proud people don't win wars, smart ones do!!

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Francis5: 4:01am On Aug 01, 2014
torkaka:

And if you have read me very well, you will understand that all I have been trying to do is look through the glasses of the supposed enemy!

War is not chest beating on your computer or phone, neither is the outcome ever in line with boardroon premutations, in as much as a tribe as small as angas can stop an invading army, so it is that an army as large as the 10million igbos(like someone said) fall within a day!!!

I gave scenarios of how things might happen as against some peoples straight line conclusions, that islamist will take advantage of an outbreak in Nigeria shouldn't be rocket science for any one with a brain in his head!!

As you measure your strenghts, try to also measure the strenght of your enemy and never rule out anything!!

Like you said, the north will not have a field day without the support of the MB, SW and SS. So it is the east will not stand ground for long without alliances from the rest, that's a fact!!

Why would the SS and SW support the North? Don't they love their own independence? In all your argument you measured the strength of the North but completely dismissed that of the SE. YOU ARE A BIG IGBO HATER.

6 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by SamIkenna: 4:11am On Aug 01, 2014
torkaka:

So in the event the East and core north fail to get support from MB, SW, SS what do you think happens? And by the way about 12% of SS is Igbo so don't forget that.

Its imperative you recognize that terrorists cells joining the core north in its fight for supremacy and oil resource 'll be north's greatest undoing. The reasons are simple: (1) Terrorists will turn on Northern minorities just like they did in Homs (Need I remind that you stated Homs would be replicated in the East) which will galvanize minorities against Hausa-Fulani. (2) The East is the bastion of Christianity in Nigeria so the inclusion of terror cells always shouting Allahu akba at the drop of a hat will likely be enough to convince Easterners they're fighting against jihadism, which, by implication, will bring the worst in the Christians of the East and South. And I have no doubt Yoruba Christians will, at that point, realize what's at stake. (3) Either right or wrong, the Hausa-Fulani has little or no empathy from a wide breadth of Nigerians given how much friends and relatives many of us have lost in their hands. They're the current scapegoat of Nigeria's backwardness which is why they've lost almost all the old friends they made at the end of civil war. With that in mind, its possible that many Nigerians might be tempted to look the other way, like most are doing in this Boko Haram season, if and when the aggressive north's blitzkrieg loses steam and they start receiving Hutu-Tutsi treatment. (4) Terrorists' involvement in a civil/independent war is more likely to involve world powers like it did in Bosnia and, recently, in Mali.

In the nutshell, the core north has everything to lose by engaging the services of terror cells. And if they fail in their mission, chances are that the terrorist mercenaries will stay put and take Arewa citizenship, perhaps sack legitimate Arewa leadership in the end - which will ultimately be hell for you guys because the Southern Nations you earlier terrorized in the war would have absolutely no empathy for your plights should you decide to migrate southwards. The terror upsurge ravaging the north now should be a bitter lesson not to let terrorists get a foothold.

6 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by SamIkenna: 4:28am On Aug 01, 2014
Francis5:

Why would the SS and SW support the North? Don't they love their own independence? In all your argument you measured the strength of the North but completely dismissed that of the SE. YOU ARE A BIG IGBO HATER.

I don't consider him a hater. He is trying to survive in the murky and treacherous political-scape of Nigeria. He's job is to put a suck on your desire for a break-away using intimidation and threats of terror. Your job is to either buy it or dam** his torpedoes and push through your desire. It's earth and people who live in it have interests. The north needs the south now more than ever so put yourself in their shoes and you'ld perhaps do the same. I would so the same if I were in his place. However, nature is wired such that I do not have to consider him when I'm seeking to free myself. Hes job is to cling on me while mine is to shake him loose even if he dies in the process. Such is life. He's a survivor that needs my oxygen bottle to live and I'm a survivor that must take my bottle back. One of us will die. Of course it doesn't have to be that way.....if only he can choose reason over aggression perhaps both of us would live.

7 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 01, 2014
IGBOSON1:

You say you're Ijaw abi?

Pathetic animal!
did I mention "Igbo"? You see the power of the conscience Read my post slowly!!!! What da hell has my Ijaw tribe got to do with this? Like I said, only the insecure will create such a thread!!! As for alternate monikers, you are so useless repeating same lines over and over again!! Grow up

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today / Ganduje Sues Daily Nigerian For N3billion Over Dollar Video / Obaseki Rejects Borehole, Toilets As Constituency Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.