Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare (18784 Views)

NIGERIA CIVIL WAR : How It Started / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Nigeria In State Of War: How Over 54,000 Nigerians Died Outside The Law Since 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by semitunde: 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
spikesC:

This is war, not insurgency. You can't use guerrilla tactics during war because you have to keep the enemy out and protect your border at all times. Else, you risk a massive invasion

That's naive...any modern day war will include guerrilla and insurgency. Its the norm these days and people have seen how effective they are. These tactics were used by Americans while fighting the British so it really not restricted to a certain situation.

War is war, anything goes. People can ask questions afterwards but the defeated will stay defeated and probably dead.

Also the permutation you guys are tying here might not work unless there's continued dialogue, even during war situation.

There are many factors that can sway the allegiance of the middle belt for instance. Religion can be potent reasion to cause a realignment. Personal decisions by individuals and families not following group thinking can also make things a little complex. Give a little thought for families of inter-tribal marriages.

My personal though is that, in the event of a forceful movement, many of the middle belt will come southwest. This can greatly shift the battle grounds as the defeated try to lunch reprisal attacks from their new bases.

The advantage for the southwest is that they will be able to observe the direction the war would be taking and make a "USA" out of the situation. Dialogue is key. Not grandstanding.

3 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
torkaka:

Again, this is not 1967!! Continue to live in the illusion that in the event of a break up northern Nigeria will be weak militarily. I hope you are following events in south sudan!

So are you implying that the whole country will face SE as in 1967? Why have you made this SE versus others?

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 3:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
kettykin:

I am sorry my bad , i never knew all these while about Annang region only knew the people existed side by side with Ibibio and i understand Ikot Ekpene is Annang but was not sure about Ikot Abasi which is Ibibio, which is close to Opobo where the current Army Chief (COAS K. Miniman) comes from

If Minimah is opobo, he must have Igbo blood running in him at least 25%. Heheheh!

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ahuitzotl: [b] In other words Southwest will play the role of Belgium in the WWI but we all know how that turned out as Belgium instead became the war-theatre of two WWs,in this context,the north will be wary of leaving their most important supply route in the treachourous hands of the yorobars and so will seek to control their own destiny by taking charge of not only the route but AREAS in the perimeter of that route up to Illorin,their headquaters in the south..They will aim to secure it by seeking a mutual detente with the igbos thus isolating the yorobars from any potential assistance...The igbos will also seek to establishing bufferzones which they will control in the middle belt in that mutual detente with the North...So the North will have to choose two options
1,Sharing their rights to the middle belt with the igbos with a view of isolating and subjugating the yorobars with their rich arable land and proximity to the coast:A vital requisite for developing nations
2 Be involved with a war of attrition with the igbos on the middle belt with the precarious situation having their most vital supply route via Southwest in no man's land.....And also prone to commando attacks from the igbos via the mid west corridor...
Which would you choose?[/b]

This makes so much sense.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
huptin:

Just as they are protecting their christain brothers in Iraq? you people always think that one plus one will always be two. You think Isreal and America have your time, when they have bigger issues to think about? One major knowledge i derived from Major general Alex Madiebo book on the Biafran war is that all postulations and assumptions before a major war can be wrong.

Many people thought the advanced christian countries would come to Biafra's aid during the civil war, and the biafran propagandist also tried to paint the war as a moslem - christain war in the hope that this would jolt the western world to their side.

What eventually happened? The western world never went beyond rhetorics, they kept silent as genocide of unimaginagle proportions were being perpetuated agaianst helpless civilians. And even celebrated Gowon's no victor no Vanquished nonsense.

What happened in Rwanda, Congo, Angola, Sudan? Please war is not fought on the internet with spurious assumptions and postulation. War does not solve anything. If war becomes unfortunately inevitable prepare to fight and die on your feet rather than live on your knees.

You can only predict what will trigger a war u can never predict how it will be fought or won.

The Iraq Christians are only a handful, some 3000 or so. On the contrary,there will be over 50 million Christians in SE and SS (that is, adding all the returnees from other parts of Nigeria). The bulk of Nigeria's oil is also in these regions, especially SS. Moreover, there is an active Igbo population in America and Europe, unlike 1976 and unlike Iraqi CHRISTIANS. These diaspora Igbos will do all the political pushings. Plus, this time there is likely going to be a strong alliance between SE and SS. If the SS stay aloof and Igbos are overrun (not unlikely though), then they should know that they are the next target, for obvious reasons.

Read below what a Yoruba Prof in the US said about Igbos in America

He said: "If the Nigerian Civil War had taken place 20 years after the time it took place, it would have lasted more than three years because the Igbo in United States alone can finance the entire civil war.

https://www.nairaland.com/369012/nigeria-beware-igbos-wealth-u.s

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 3:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
torkaka:

I repeat, ihejirika re-established a barracks for the 14 brigade with units in akwa ibom and ebonyi.

Let me even take you to the airforce, of the four NAF commands, non is in the south east (makurdi, kaduna, yenegoa and ikeja) and of the 33 units under these four commands, only one unit out of thirty three is located in the east (enugu).

It doesn't end there, of the 13 NAF bases in the country, 8 are in the north, 2 in the south south, 2 in the south west and 1 in the south east (also enugu)

Instead of chest beating online, go to your region and really look at what is on ground!

Putting it to you in black and white, of the four NAF commands in the country;

The MB (makurdi) has one
The SS (yenogoa) has one
The SW (ikeja) has one
The north (kaduna) has one

The south east? Nothing, zero air power!! That's the stark reality!!

Biafra also had no military airbase in 1967. In fact they had no airport at all. Guess what? They built their own within a few months of the outbreak of war. Now they have an international airport and another one in Owerri to booth. What does it take to convert a civilian airport into a military one? You must really be insecure to reason this way.

Even, from your analysis the SE has one military airbase in Enugu which they did not have in 1967.

From your analysis it seems that you believe for whatever reason that the North as it is today will be the same North if Nigeria separates. You are deluded to think so.

4 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by semitunde: 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
AkinEgba:

It is easier to defend a small country with a huge population than a large country with less population. This next war will not be fought in Igboland because there is no reason for it. However, both countries in question are underdeveloped and would have to source their weaponry from outside. The Igbos do not need to target villages but urban centers of the enemy country, ditto the enemy against Igbos. So it might be who throws the most bomb in urban areas wins the war, irrespective of size. The Igbo would have been prepared as the Hausa-Fulani ravages the large expanse that is the MB.

And don't forget, Igbos are the most technological savvy Nigerians. It was Ogbunigwe in 1966. What will it be now?

Lol. I hope you won't be allowed near those deciding your peoples fate, it will be unfortunate.

You actually think a small area jam packed with people is easier to defend?!!!! Have you considered the fact that your location will be an easy target for even the rookiest of attackers? Anywhere the attacker aims on your position is a target hit!!! They will have little arms waste due to missed target. How about your defence army taken out by a few missiles? They will all invariably be in the same location, won't they?

The reason why nations like China, Russia, USA and UK and even Brazil and Argentina with be difficult to overcome is their wide expanse of land ( or lands in different locations ala UK).

For now, no country can go to another country with such land areas and think they can come out unscathed, no matter how technically sawvy. This is because the locals will know the terrain better and would be fools not to use guerilla tactics. How many places will be bombed before the locals form.alliances that enhances their position? But if its one tiny location jampacked and fortified, it can easily be taken apart. I bet you even Israel isn't untouchable if not for alliances.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
AkinEgba:

Biafra also had no military airbase in 1967. In fact they had no airport at all. Guess what? They built their own within a few months of the outbreak of war. Now they have an international airport and another one in Owerri to booth. What does it take to convert a civilian airport into a military one? You must really be insecure to reason this way.

Even, from your analysis the SE has one military airbase in Enugu which they did not have in 1967.

From your analysis it seems that you believe for whatever reason that the North as it is today will be the same North if Nigeria separates. You are deluded to think so.

From the above, it shows you know nothing about military structure, yet folks like you are quick to make permutations.

There are four air commands in the country (yenegoa, ikeja, kaduna and makurdi), under the four commands are thirty three units, a whooping eighteen units are based in the north while the east has only one unit (a training school in enugu)

There are thirteen airfoce bases in the country, eight (abuja, maiduguri, minna, kainji, makurdi, kaduna, kano, jos) of which are in the north as against one (enugu) in the east. Even if you remove jos and makurdi, you still have six in the north!!
This clearly shows where the higher number of military hardware is located.

You people sit in your bedrooms and make s.illy assumptions!!

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 4:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
torkaka:

From the above, it shows you know nothing about military structure, yet folks like you are quick to make permutations.

There are four air commands in the country (yenegoa, ikeja, kaduna and makurdi), under the four commands are thirty three units, a whooping eighteen units are based in the north while the east has only one unit (a training school in enugu)

There are thirteen airfoce bases in the country, eight (abuja, maiduguri, minna, kainji, makurdi, kaduna, kano, jos) of which are in the north as against one (enugu) in the east. Even if you remove jos and makurdi, you still have six in the north!!
This clearly shows where the higher number of military hardware is located.

You people sit in your bedrooms and make s.illy assumptions!!

You are incorrigible. Planes don't fly themselves, people do. Of all the military pilots in Nigeria today, you would have to provide info that none is Igbo. You would have to demonstrate that SE cannot buy their own military planes when the war starts. You would have to demonstrate that the airports in the SE cannot be converted to air bases. You would have to tell me why even with no serious military strength, the entire Nigeria plus foreign allies could not defeat Biafra for 3 years back in 1967. You would have to demonstrate to me why with the so-called military strength in the North, they are unable to defeat Boko Haram. You would have to tell me that during a war, SE cannot target the airbases or airplanes in the North and blow them up, as you think the North can do in SE. Finally, you would have to tell me why during a separation as discussed in this thread, the entire country would face the IGBOS alone again as in 1967. Until then, you are speaking from your anus. And if you believe that the ragtag Nigerian military of today, especially when SS, SW and a good portion of MB elements amongst it are gone, can face and defeat the SE, you must be living in planet pluto. I'm done with you. I have my wages to earn.

6 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
semitunde:

Lol. I hope you won't be allowed near those deciding your peoples fate, it will be unfortunate.

You actually think a small area jam packed with people is easier to defend?!!!! Have you considered the fact that your location will be an easy target for even the rookiest of attackers? Anywhere the attacker aims on your position is a target hit!!! They will have little arms waste due to missed target. How about your defence army taken out by a few missiles? They will all invariably be in the same location, won't they?

The reason why nations like China, Russia, USA and UK and even Brazil and Argentina with be difficult to overcome is their wide expanse of land ( or lands in different locations ala UK).

For now, no country can go to another country with such land areas and think they can come out unscathed, no matter how technically sawvy. This is because the locals will know the terrain better and would be fools not to use guerilla tactics. How many places will be bombed before the locals form.alliances that enhances their position? But if its one tiny location jampacked and fortified, it can easily be taken apart. I bet you even Israel isn't untouchable if not for alliances.

You must really think SE is a village. How big is Israel's land and yet they hold the entire Arab world to ransom? I know SE is not ISRAEL, but the North of Nigeria is not even Hamas, let alone a world power. You make me laugh.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by SamIkenna: 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
semitunde:

The advantage for the southwest is that they will be able to observe the direction the war would be taking and make a "USA" out of the situation. Dialogue is key. Not grandstanding.

What makes you think its entirely an Eastern vs core northern slug-fest? When Nigeria breaks down the old playbook will be out the window. A fierce contest for position, supremacy, land, and resource will likely ensue leaving behind unimaginable proportion of trail of blood, tears, rubble, iron, and gun-powder. This reality, as dark and unfortunate as it is, the people of the East have regrettably accepted it. WWI just about shaped the first 20 years of the 20th century but WWII sealed the fate of humanity for the last 75 years, and will shape even more as man and beast trudge on.

The people in charge of humanity today are the same people who, in 1939, set aside the notion of neutrality and met iron for iron, bomb for bomb, and viciousness for viciousness. When Nigeria crumbles on its weight of injustice, lopsidedness, triumphalism, born-to-rulism, jihadism, and black-Arab-wannabe islamic radicalism, the illusion of neutrality will be shattered by a single shot. The new order in the hemisphere 'll be laid down by men who struck fear and terror in the eyes of their fellow men while the carnage lasted. And just like in WWII, the outcome of Nigeria's precipitous dissolution will set the tone and conduct in much of West Africa for many generations to come.

My people, there are no neutrals, angels, or saints in Nigeria's fate.

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
AkinEgba:

You are incorrigible. Planes don't fly themselves, people do. Of all the military pilots in Nigeria today, you would have to provide info that none is Igbo. You would have to demonstrate that SE cannot buy their own military planes when the war starts. You would have to demonstrate that the airports in the SE cannot be converted to air bases. You would have to tell me why even with no serious military strength, the entire Nigeria plus foreign allies could not defeat Biafra for 3 years back in 1967. You would have to demonstrate to me why with the so-called military strength in the North, they are unable to defeat Boko Haram. You would have to tell me that during a war, SE cannot target the airbases or airplanes in the North and blow them up, as you think the North can do in SE. Finally, you would have to tell me why during a separation as discussed in this thread, the entire country would face the IGBOS alone again as in 1967. Until then, you are speaking from your anus. And if you believe that the ragtag Nigerian military of today, especially when SS, SW and a good portion of MB elements amongst it are gone, can face and defeat the SE, you must be living in planet pluto. I'm done with you. I have my wages to earn.

Firstly, only an insecure person talks about his wages online.

To the matter, how does the SE intend to attack airbases without air capabaility? yes there are igbo pilots as there are northern, MB, SW and SS pilots. But where are the fighter jets to be used by these pilots parked? In as much as groups can decide to buy their fighter jets, the fact remains that at the beginning of the war, the ones without aerial power are at a sad disadvantage.

You need to look towards Gaza to realise the damage that can be done from the air, especially when the area involves a jam packed city state called biafra.

Sadly you have not mentioned one factual military capability the SE has, all you and your lot talk about is we will buy this, we will buy that!!

Carry on, and history will repeat itself in a foul way!!

Hurry along now, and earn your wages!!!

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Safari29: 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
it aint happening. no civil war will happen again in Nigeria Insha Allah Amin. war is not PS2. everyone knows the starting and nobody knows the end. war means alot of people will die, infrastructure will be destroyed, country standard will go down drastically. even this Internet u guys used to browse will be gone u guys are here discussing it like PS2 game smh.

remember Lagbaja song " to destroy very easily but to build"
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
torkaka:

To the matter, how does the SE intend to attack airbases without air capabaility? yes there are igbo pilots as there are northern, MB, SW and SS pilots. But where are the fighter jets to be used by these pilots parked? In as much as groups can decide to buy their fighter jets, the fact remains that at the beginning of the war, the ones without aerial power are at a sad disadvantage.

You need to look towards Gaza to realise the damage that can be done from the air, especially when the area involves a jam packed city state called biafra.

Sadly you have not mentioned one factual military capability the SE has, all you and your lot talk about is we will buy this, we will buy that!!

You would have to defeat Boko Haram first to demonstrate your remotest capability of taking on SE. Over and Out.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
AkinEgba:

You would have to defeat Boko Haram first to demonstrate your remotest capability of taking on SE. Over and Out.

There's a guy already mandated to do that, his name is Goodluck Jonathan!!
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by hakanai(m): 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
[size=30pt]NIGERIANS SPEAKING WAR SINCE BIAFRA !!!!!
WHEN E GO START - I MEAN ELECTRONICALLY,COS PEOPLE ARE DYING POLITICALLY!!!!![/size][size=30pt][/size]
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by SamIkenna: 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
torkaka:

There's a good and potent buffer between the East and the core north that you've never factored into your own war permutations. For you to make a military dent in the East, first you have to overcome the implacable foe you have in the peoples of the Middle Belt. That will, at the very least, sap a good measure of your military strength leaving you overstretched and possibly thin before you engage the East. Even with all the outdated hardware you claim to posses in huge quantity would be in need of restocking and refueling by the time you meet your Eastern nemesis. So, even if the East starts at a disadvantage, according to you, they would be the greatest fools and, quite frankly deserve complete extermination, if they didn't source and accumulate a fiercer fire power by the time all Middle Belters are subdued. But like I said earlier, I would be worried to start an aggression if I were you. The consequences of failure are too great if you buckle under the anger and furry of vengeance that 'll greet you on the Eastern front.

3 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
SamIkenna:

There's a good and potent buffer between the East and the core north that you've never factored into your own war permutations. For you to make a military dent in the East, first you have to overcome the implacable foe you have in the peoples of the Middle Belt. That will, at the very least, sap a good measure of your military strength leaving you overstretched and possibly thin before you engage the East. Even with all the outdated hardware you claim to posses in huge quantity would be in need of restocking and refueling by the time you meet your Eastern nemesis. So, even if the East starts at a disadvantage, according to you, they would be the greatest fools and, quite frankly deserve complete extermination, if they didn't source and accumulate a fiercer fire power by the time all Middle Belters are subdued. But like I said earlier, I would be worried to start an aggression if I were you. The consequences of failure are too great if you buckle under the anger and furry of vengeance that 'll greet you on the Eastern front.

Oh now the MB has strenght to weaken them before they reach you? Just one thing, a fighter jet will take about 30mins to to reach the eastern lands from minna, the MB weakening ground troops for you I understand, but the guys in the air, nah that's a different sorry story!!
From point one, you will be on the offensive!!

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by SamIkenna: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
torkaka:

Oh now the MB has strenght to weaken them before they reach you? Just one thing, a fighter jet will take about 30mins to to reach the eastern lands from minna, the MB weakening ground troops for you I understand, but the guys in the air, nah that's a different sorry story!!
From point one, you will be on the offensive!!

You have a point, but at the same are you saying you will leave your troops in the middle Belt without air support while you shoot at East from the air? To win you need boots on the ground. It sounds like your strategy is hit and run. The same hit and run that's ineffective against a rag-tag boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
SamIkenna:

You have a point, but at the same are you saying you will leave your troops in the middle Belt without air support while you shoot at East from the air? To win you need boots on the ground. It sounds like your strategy is hit and run. The same hit and run that's ineffective against a rag-tag boko haram.

And who says kogi and the east can not be simultaneously bombed? Like I earlier said, a part of kogi will automatically align with the north, if the route is through nasrawa/benue/taraba, you might have a point. But kogi will not be much of a challenge, it will be balkanized.
The hit and run against boko haram is suprvised and cordinated by your cousin, Goodluck

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by SamIkenna: 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
torkaka:

And who says kogi and the east can not be simultaneously bombed? Like I earlier said, a part of kogi will automatically align with the north, if the route is through nasrawa/benue/taraba, you might have a point. But kogi will not be much of a challenge, it will be balkanized.
The hit and run against boko haram is suprvised and cordinated by your cousin, Goodluck

At least now we know Kogi is the weakest link in the array of natural buffers between core north and East. In other words, Kogi has to be taken and fortified before Arewa comes to party. Its good to know this sharing might be peaceful between East and Arewa, lol! You take north Kogi we take the south, sounds like Germany and Russia sharing Poland. One more thing, you haven't told us how you intend to pay for this campaign, its going to cost you know. Of course you're not oil money, are you? Because that would be a heck of suicide.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 6:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
torkaka:

The mistake you keep making is that you believe that the Biafrans/ND/Benue-Plateau-Taraba-Co MB axis will standby and watch Kogi being overrun.

Your greatest mistake is you underestimate our capacity to deploy men and material to support anti-Arewa forces fighting in the Kogi axis.

You fail to realise that Arewa will pass through Yoruba Kogi which might stir up anti-Arewa feelings leading to unsolicited spy work for anti-Arewa forces.

And most of all

You keep thinking that if war erupts

It will be fought with the present weapons

Let me burst your bubbles

The way the militants acquired new weapons to fight the FG is the way all threatened regions will acquire weapons to defend their regions.

My greatest joy is

One united North is dead and buried

And a house divided against itself can't win especially when Biafra and ND ally with that part to stop Arewa.

For those shouting the West/Israel will keep quiet

Should know that they do not keep quiet when their economic interest is concerned

Ojukwu anti-British bully b4 the civil war worked against him during the war

Ojukwu lack of understanding that world politics is not about truth/justice worked against him when he failed to accept Russia China France deal of oil for weapons.

Finally we won't repeat Ojukwu's folly

3 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by semitunde: 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
AkinEgba:

You must really think SE is a village. How big is Israel's land and yet they hold the entire Arab world to ransom? I know SE is not ISRAEL, but the North of Nigeria is not even Hamas, let alone a world power. You make me laugh.

Let's face facts, compared to the whole core north, the south east is unfortunately like a village in terms of size.

Israel controls the USA strategically. This is an open secret. USA have many countries that they have alliance with either not to interfere with Israelis squabbles, or in the even of any war with the USA, those countries will be used as base stations. Some of the countries around Israel are defending Israel whether they like/know it or not.

See, its difficult to gain ascendancy in a battle where you can hardly locate your enemies. Afghanistan was a nightmare for the Russians because of the terrain. The Russians, in all their might, lost. The war in Congo became too expensive for USA because the forest regions alone were reportedly as big as countries! USA pulled out.

If wars are fought, money is spent to procure armament. If you waste it on huts having 10km between them, where you're not sure if those huts have armed fighters in them or not; then you would have a huge wage bill after the war - whether you win or lose. The wage bill can cripple economies and make you wonder if this was you fought for.

You don't put all your eggs in one basket. This is a mistake many in the south east have been making and are still making. Part of the reason why a USA will help any country is because that country would be of strategic use to it. Either they can use the country as a launch pad for a proxy war or actually use the country as a base station for an enemy close by. That way, they don't have to fight the war from/ in their own country. The ties can also be such that reduces the possibilities of the country becoming friends with USA's enemies.

Does the south east have any strategic alliance with any zone? With part of the country can the south east point to as willing to back them up when the cookie crumbles?

But then again, you are laughing so...

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by semitunde: 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
SamIkenna:

What makes you think its entirely an Eastern vs core northern slug-fest? When Nigeria breaks down the old playbook will be out the window. A fierce contest for position, supremacy, land, and resource will likely ensue leaving behind unimaginable proportion of trail of blood, tears, rubble, iron, and gun-powder. This reality, as dark and unfortunate as it is, the people of the East have regrettably accepted it. WWI just about shaped the first 20 years of the 20th century but WWII sealed the fate of humanity for the last 75 years, and will shape even more as man and beast trudge on.

The people in charge of humanity today are the same people who, in 1939, set aside the notion of neutrality and met iron for iron, bomb for bomb, and viciousness for viciousness. When Nigeria crumbles on its weight of injustice, lopsidedness, triumphalism, born-to-rulism, jihadism, and black-Arab-wannabe islamic radicalism, the illusion of neutrality will be shattered by a single shot. The new order in the hemisphere 'll be laid down by men who struck fear and terror in the eyes of their fellow men while the carnage lasted. And just like in WWII, the outcome of Nigeria's precipitous dissolution will set the tone and conduct in much of West Africa for many generations to come.

My people, there are no neutrals, angels, or saints in Nigeria's fate.

I have not said the war will be mainly between north and south east. It can however turn out like that depending on the way their thinkers play their cards with regards to moves by their counterparts in other regions.

Even during a war situation, a strategic negotiation with even the enemy can end a war before the bloodbath begins and if you have the right thinkers, you can even come out of the situation better without your opposition realising it.

For example, if your negotiation tactics is conceeding what you know can become worthless in a few years time, or that you can regain economically by proxy, then you can even conceed and the enemy will assume your are not smart or brave; but just a few years later, they realise their folly. I think Cameroun actually gained bakassi from us during the civil war.

Strategic thinking can save even a war from immense bloodbath. USA does this all the time

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by spikesC(m): 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
chai, person dey sell cement on top war thread.

Errrmmm, this thread needs to refocus.
This thread is not about North vs south east, but about alliances if war broke out.

Also, like i said before, North and SE can never engage a war front without MB decision.

And as i said before, again, there would never be war just between North and SE. Torkaka, you need to factor interests. North and SE can never engage each other without external alliances.

If North subjugates SE, other regions will easily fall to them. And no one would want another hitler take over

Also, someone asked this question before, why do ya'll think that North will engage the SE and SS if the whole country devides regionally?
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by AkinEgba: 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
semitunde:

Let's face facts, compared to the whole core north, the south east is unfortunately like a village in terms of size.

Israel controls the USA strategically. This is an open secret. USA have many countries that they have alliance with either not to interfere with Israelis squabbles, or in the even of any war with the USA, those countries will be used as base stations. Some of the countries around Israel are defending Israel whether they like/know it or not.

See, its difficult to gain ascendancy in a battle where you can hardly locate your enemies. Afghanistan was a nightmare for the Russians because of the terrain. The Russians, in all their might, lost. The war in Congo became too expensive for USA because the forest regions alone were reportedly as big as countries! USA pulled out.

If wars are fought, money is spent to procure armament. If you waste it on huts having 10km between them, where you're not sure if those huts have armed fighters in them or not; then you would have a huge wage bill after the war - whether you win or lose. The wage bill can cripple economies and make you wonder if this was you fought for.

You don't put all your eggs in one basket. This is a mistake many in the south east have been making and are still making. Part of the reason why a USA will help any country is because that country would be of strategic use to it. Either they can use the country as a launch pad for a proxy war or actually use the country as a base station for an enemy close by. That way, they don't have to fight the war from/ in their own country. The ties can also be such that reduces the possibilities of the country becoming friends with USA's enemies.

Does the south east have any strategic alliance with any zone? With part of the country can the south east point to as willing to back them up when the cookie crumbles?

There are urban northern cities where northerners live. I presume they will not all disperse to their villages. Only few of the individual northern cities are bigger than the major Eastern cities; most of the North are empty space and nobody will be fighting or throwing bombs in empty space. With it's human resources, the SE can launch multiple simultaneous attacks on several cities where large northern populations congregate. Each of those cities would then become a war zone at the same time. It's all about planning.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by SamIkenna: 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
semitunde:

I have not said the war will be mainly between north and south east. It can however turn out like that depending on the way their thinkers play their cards with regards to moves by their counterparts in other regions.

Even during a war situation, a strategic negotiation with even the enemy can end a war before the bloodbath begins and if you have the right thinkers, you can even come out of the situation better without your opposition realising it.

For example, if your negotiation tactics is conceeding what you know can become worthless in a few years time, or that you can regain economically by proxy, then you can even conceed and the enemy will assume your are not smart or brave; but just a few years later, they realise their folly. I think Cameroun actually gained bakassi from us during the civil war.

Strategic thinking can save even a war from immense bloodbath. USA does this all the time

That's ok in peace time. But when an extremist religious Hausa-Fulani is amassing 10 million man army close to the border of a predominantly Christian nation, an army filled with illiterate Almjiris who believe their enemies are infidels, you tell me the name of the negotiation that'll halt such earthquake. We're not pretending to be in love, that's the difference. We know what we're faced with and we know where our strength lies. Its ridiculous hearing people tell the East what they should or should not do yet they haven't told us what they're going to do. We're a predominantly Christian nation with an aggressive islamist nation as a neighbor, our fate lies in our hands. We can't depend on other sections of the country for help or advice because our fate and challenges are unique and we accept them in good faith. So, in the language of Clint Eastwood, you can help or get off my lawn.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by semitunde: 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
torkaka:

Oh please don't even try to be intelligent, aint you the dude from the concrete wall fortification fame??

Blind optimism here is when one thinks a city like state (yes, that's in reference to the 5 eastern states) will churn out military defenses like isreal when faced with an attack based on military equipment and foreign help, all fantasized, as against the reality of a clear route from which the attack will come from.

When war breaks, it will not be biafra vs nigeria, it will be several nations angling for survival. Those that will survive are those who will know the strenghts of their enemies and the weakness of themselves. Clearly, you and the other loud mouths here don't know this. Alliances are formed, not because of military weakness but because of strategic location.

Fact is, western Nigeria is large, northern Nigeria is large. Attacking any of these places means overstretching yourself (for you will attack on many fronts), northerners are not as stupid as you think, they know this and they won't waste any resources coming through benue or Taraba which will give them hiccups on the way. Their battle will be against the city state called biafra.

Like I said earlier, the border between cameroon and benue will play and all important role during the conflict, it is not numbers or loud mouthing that win a war, but surely location plays a vital role!!

When and if the war starts, let it start before you start l.icking arsz

Unfortunately this is a possibility our south eastern people are not seeing presently.

The way I see it, the Igbo's continued vocal calls for war can make it easy for strategists to negotiate with middle belt. For the price of safety from war and not making it a "buffer zone" for the east; they can give any zone that guarantees its safety thoroughfare to the south east.

This will be an advantage for those in the west. They won't want a humanitarian crises from those fleeing the middle belt westward; and restricting the war to south east will make it easier and cheaper to round off.

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
semitunde:

To the sane man, this makes sense. But to my eastern legion, they'll beat their chest and counter argue you.

Someone even argued down the line that, the jam packed terrain will serve to their advantage as the cluster of buildings will act as fortification!

It seems some folks are taking the fairy tale jewish descent story too much to heart, so much that they fantasize about being the Isreal of west africa.

I repeat, the south east as far as location and size is concerned, is the sitting duck when sh.it hits the fan.

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by semitunde: 7:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
SamIkenna:

That's ok in peace time. But when an extremist religious Hausa-Fulani is amassing 10 million man army close to the border of a predominantly Christian nation, an army filled with illiterate Almjiris who believe their enemies are infidels, you tell me the name of the negotiation that'll halt such earthquake. We're not pretending to be in love, that's the difference. We know what we're faced with and we know where our strength lies. Its ridiculous hearing people tell the East what they should or should not do yet they haven't told us what they're going to do. We're a predominantly Christian nation with an aggressive islamist nation as a neighbor, our fate lies in our hands. We can't depend on other sections of the country for help or advice because our fate and challenges are unique and we accept them in good faith. So, in the language of Clint Eastwood, you can help or get off my lawn.

OK
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by semitunde: 7:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
AkinEgba:

There are urban northern cities where northerners live. I presume they will not all disperse to their villages. Only few of the individual northern cities are bigger than the major Eastern cities; most of the North are empty space and nobody will be fighting or throwing bombs in empty space. With it's human resources, the SE can launch multiple simultaneous attacks on several cities where large northern populations congregate. Each of those cities would then become a war zone at the same time. It's all about planning.

OK, if you think you're right...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Lawan Jafar: First Man To Inspire The Rise Of Civilian JTF In Borno / Promotion Scandal: Olusegun Awolowo Forged Letter From SGF's Office - Reps / Men In Red Agbada Hail Atiku In Adamawa (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.