Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Helpful Or Mere Taking Advantage Of The Situations? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Helpful Or Mere Taking Advantage Of The Situations? (530 Views)

Vaginal Douching: Helpful Or Harmful / Vaginal Douching: Helpful Or Harmful? / Is Lots Of Sex During Pregnancy Helpful During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Helpful Or Mere Taking Advantage Of The Situations? by Afrok(m): 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
Do you know Ebola kills up to 90% of infected people;There is no vaccination & there is no cure. Send HEALTH to 33388 to get daily health tips on Ebola virus from 22865.

That was the message I got this morning from mtn, I really don't know if people have gotten such messages. It's obvious we can't and we shouldn't stop talking about every thing relating to this deadly Ebola virus, in terms of the host animals, preventive measures, signs and symptoms etc. Am just curious if there are people out there who don't have access to radio, tv, newspapers, even internet but will rely on service providers for Informations on Ebola virus. Looking at the fact that it's going to be a tip per day, how's that gonna pass the Informations at once to such people?

My question is, are services like these helpful or mere taking advantage of the situations?
Re: Helpful Or Mere Taking Advantage Of The Situations? by adioolayi(m): 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Seriously ....considering the situation of things and how deadly the Virus is, ome would expect such information to be free and for all...atleast for awareness sake.. But Na lie, Mtn wan make cool money ni. Send the code and your airtime is gone undecided
Re: Helpful Or Mere Taking Advantage Of The Situations? by Afrok(m): 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
adioolayi: Seriously ....considering the situation of things and how deadly the Virus is, ome would expect such information to be free and for all...atleast for awareness sake.. But Na lie, Mtn wan make cool money ni. Send the code and your airtime is gone undecided
one of my points exactly (awareness), although nothing is free even in Freetown( according to Phyno) but my concern is how the tips are gonna be understood coz it'll be one tip per day and all the preventive measures are to be carefully followed at once.

(1) (Reply)

A Possible Hope For Ebola - Zmapp / Liberian With Ebola Virus Intentionally Came To Nigeria? / Ebola: Consumption Of Bush Meat Reduces In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.