Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,318 members, 7,780,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:06 PM

His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (30081 Views)

A Nairalander Retakes photo Of His Mum And Siblings After 24 Years / Help Me Suggest Xmas Gift For My Mum And Dad / Who Ensures Sanitation Most In Your Home Between Your Mom And Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by idupaul: 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
The should disown him ASAP .. What arrant nonsense.. Does he knopw how much his parents spent for him to learn how to write and he is writing about hate .
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by ibrutex(m): 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
How
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by charybabe: 9:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
children of nowadays!!!
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by simdam500(m): 9:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
He's just a kid... It only a kid that say i hate my teacher meanwhile in years to come he tells you, it my long time teacher that taught me what time is... That kid they only meant what they say from 18 onward...

Relax parent
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by coded01: 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
abrahamolusoji:
As in- flog craze comot for i'm body

No time... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Suspect33(m): 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
angry Beat The HATE Out Of Him!!!
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
This is what happens when you don't spend quality time with your kids or show little affection for them.

As the kid grow older so does the hatred he feels towards his or her parents.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Dosoq(f): 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
I can't stop laffing alone oo,so so funny,der r 2 tins involved,d parents cud b too harsh on him,or he mite not even mean wat he wrote @ all,bt I'l advise d parents to b a little soft wit him henceforth cos if it were 2 b an advanced country n such is seen in school,o boy,dem no go tak am easy wit d parents oo
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by mrlaw93(m): 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
OLX the boy sharperly...

1 Like

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by adebrave1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Lol, funny, kids these days are somehow horrible in their behavior. I remember My young nephew too once told My dad that When I get old and I own a car i will not allow u to enter it and if you insist on entering the car I will get a dog inside it so that it will bite u. The nephew Am talking about is just 4 yrs old.

So you can imagine that type of horrible statement from that little child.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by oldenglish: 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Na back hand fit the kid. Rubbish.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
who says kids dont know what they say or do? , you need to check on him so it wouldnt end up like the case of that boy that hacked his dad at redemption camp .... the earlier the better.

1 Like

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Kossyne(m): 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
There's no cause for alarm. He's a kid going through a phase. We all did. Give him time, he' ll get over it. That shouldn't stop the parents from discplining him whenever he misbehaves. We re Africans, let's not forget our roots. That's why our kids don't sue their parents to court or shoot their classmates because they made fun of him/her.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by kobonaire(m): 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
valmunich: I'm sure this family does not reside in Nigeria
exactly, because for 9ja, the papa go settle am with 2 dirty slaps and the pikin will then be singing "I love my daddy and mummy" for the next 10 days

6 Likes

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by fattbabakay(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
coded01: Only if they are "Oyinbos" grin cos if it's we we? angry

We know what to do to him? angry grin
beat the fvck out of him! cheesy
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
repogirl: Kids never really mean what they say, the boy is just upset, he'll get over it soon enough but then parents shouldn't also provoke kids. Don't go overboard when punishing or rebuking them.
Exactly
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
The child might be feeling vulnerable over something the parents did to him, maybe he wasn't used to the yelling and he said that. The only way the parents could solve the issue is asking him why he said such a thing, and he might let it out. They are even lucky, he didn't even write, " i hate you and I'll kill you! " grin lipsrsealed
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by ManTiger(m): 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Take him tot he cinema, buy alot of juju vicks and tell him lovelty stories at night before he sleeps.

Kids of nowadays can't be bring up the way many of us were brought up.

we are breed a of...
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
dis could mean he's just being a silly 5-yr old or it could indicate serious underlying issues. watch out for behavioural problems, it all starts when they're little. some other kids hold it in n blow up when they're older. kids pick up on things going on around dem. where did he learn the word "hate?", y did he write dat, wat's going on in d home, at school? get to the root before dismissing his words.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Ruq: 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
repogirl: Kids never really mean what they say, the boy is just upset, he'll get over it soon enough but then parents shouldn't also provoke kids. Don't go overboard when punishing or rebuking them.

my five year old girl is always saying she wants God to take away her brother and send her another brother cos he destroys her stuff but leave them for a while and they'll begin playing as if nothing ever happened.

You can't really say, don't be so definite.

I meant it when I wrote in my book that they hate me I was a little older than he his, like you said don't go overboard when rebuking them, I was always met with maximum rebuking then and they never apologized. Madam I can tell you that I have enough rage in me that I can share with hundreds of people.

Parents don't really know what goes on in the minds of kids, I'm not saying dont strike or rebuke them, but strike the balance between love and discipline.

Only because I turnt out to be a rational being that makes me control the rage, sometimes I'm just glad I have the rage, I bet you don't know being angry sometimes make one angry.

Unknowingly they create monsters, and we wonder why they're serial killers.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by dapyd1(m): 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
He's just upset. Give him time and he'll get over it. Don't forget to teach him about the power of words and how it hurts people. Make sure to always verbalize your love for him.
If it becomes consistent/character trait, then he needs help probably from an expert. #mytwocents.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Herrmes: 9:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
Lol, Kid said his mind they should deal with it. people respect what they are made to fear
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by masqot(m): 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
The parents should check themselves. They need to get close to "him" and love him. Probably they are doing or not doing what the child wants. Love your children, buy things for them (affordable), share things with them and encourage them when they do well. They'll definitely love you back.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Adetayo100: This is what happens when you don't spend quality time with your kids or show little affection for them.

As the kid grow older so does the hatred he feels towards his or her parents.

Funny psychobabble. This is what happens when kids have all their needs met and are encouraged to feel entitled about it.I don't bring kids into the world to like me or to be my friends. They are part of something called humanity and their duty is to contribute materially,intellectually and genetically. My duty is to prepare them for their duty. This whole business of "quality time and showing affection" is a post modern indulgence by people who do not understand anthropology ,their own society and are modelling their lives on western illusions.
We see them all the time; their parents bring them over from Nigeria every year on holiday and at a very young age they have already learnt to compare ; sneering at those who travel economy class or don't live in Lekki etc. Nasty individuals many of them and often lacking the basic etiquette that one expects from Nigerian kids. They cannot speak Nigerian languages and their English is often embarassing considering many attend schools costing millions yearly at primary level and yes many of them don't like their parents!!
Yes kids should be well nourished and kept safe and should be encouraged to have self esteem but there must be structure and boundaries. Parents should not be "needy" of their children's love or approval or get into any kind of emotional bargaining for this. They are CHILDREN.
I grew up with a friend who loved and was "loved" by his parents one of whom was a Minister. Their love meant he never lacked but he had no drive or hunger. At the time I thought I hated my father because he made us take public buses and he NEVER one day "dash" me money. Now I love him more than ever. Sadly my friend is an underachiever considering his very lofty background. Recently I visited their house which he inherited. Used to be a mansion but now it is a derelict wreck housing miscreants and he is a very bitter man. What is most important is that parent TALK to their children regularly so that when they are old it is not difficult to communicate. All this I HATE MY MOM stuff is rubbish.

12 Likes

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Factual boy, I like dat
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by unmask: 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
That boy might take a gun to his school soon......
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Malakh: 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ask him why He doesn't like them,then explain to him the consequences of his actions and give examples of bad people where they end up while having him sit on your lap,then give him examples of how you guys showered him with love, which would make him see that his parents love him, kiss him then tell him if he does anything bad that you'll still spank him , now give him some cookies and everything should be fine
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by stevecantrell: 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2014

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by davidif: 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
See audacity?? hahahaha, all you new generation parents who have adopted western parenting una don see the fruits abi??

1 Like

Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by KLand(m): 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
The parents of the boy should do some soulsearching..... It is time for them to reorder their priorities. Period.
Re: His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
When the dad is not Bill Gates or Dangote. Too bad the kid cannot continue being so brutally honest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Things No One Tells You About Marriage! / The Moment A Mother Pleaded With Her Quintuplets To Allow Her To Sleep / Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.