Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn (25178 Views)

Agony of Love (A story of true love at its' peak) / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / ¤Strange Saga¤- A Short Story by Vonn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
I know I promised to come up with something before the month runs out, but I realised I don't own my future...God does.

With stubborn illness and semester exams, I haven't been able to keep to my promise.
But hey! Don't be mad yet. I'll try to buy enough time with a story I wrote few years ago while I was in SS2/3. *winks*

Pardon me pleaseeeee, hope you'ld enjoy this piece.

I can't forget these people who have helped me in one way or the other-knowingly or unknowingly.
Glowingscenes, divepen, trixandra, sammyhoe, repogirl, TiffanyJ, Kayemjay,Nobody, 360prince, PrettySpicey, Larrysun, TemitopeDaniel, Queenxstar, Princesa, zuby77, Flakkydagirl, Royver, Kingphilip, Bukkydan, Stefikal, Underage, Dammygoody, snowprince, Lanicky, ToriEmManson, Ummuja, Tallesty1, d9ty7, Tytylorpe, Nancydearie, Seun and many others.............God bless you!!!!!!!!!!!!

¤All rights reserved. No part of this may be reproduced, or transmitted in any form or by any means, elecronic, mechanical, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
CHAPTER ONE

"So can we be friends for real?"a hopeful Julian asked.
"No, I'm not interested." Tonia retorted.
"Why, have I done anything wrong?"
"I didnt say you wronged me but......am just not interested in that." With these she turned to go but was held back by Julian.

"I've told you to leave me alone. Its nt gonna work. And please dont hold me back"

Julian was a twenty-four year old final year student of Geology. He was a tall,handsome, gentle and light-skinned guy.

Since he set his eyes on Tonia, he hadn't been himself. He had really wanted to befriend her but got cold shoulders all the time. Julian had tried every possible means to get her but Tonia kept drawing back into her shell.

One fateful night, gunshots were heard near female hostel. This startled Julian who was up at that time reading for a test that was to hold in two days. He knew a cult was at work-his friend had tipped him.

As he was still glued to his chair but not able to concentrate on what he was doing anymore, he walked to the door,opened it and peeped into the pitch-dark night.

Students were shouting,running for their safety. Sounds like tools breaking doors were heard. Julian was contemplating on whether to go back quietly to his room or put a call to the school security when he heard gunshots again.

Frightened he shut the door behind him,breathing heavily. Suddenly, he remembered that Tonia was in that hostel. What was he to do?
His friend had warned him to stay indoors.

But how could he leave Tonia, helpless and afraid in the midst of the chaos?

He wanted to let her know he'd been serious in what he was telling her. To let her know he cared for her and would help her when she was in need.

As he was pacing about his room, his mother's words kept ringing in his ears.

"Go out into the world and make us proud. But remember, deviate from anything that would lead you into secret cult. This is where failure starts. It is very dangerous and you may not survive it."
The last statement played repeatedly on his mind.

2 Likes

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:13am On Aug 01, 2014
Wao! First to comment!
Aunty Vonn hy una stop for there? Abeg come continue ohh!!

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by uchebest2006(m): 5:58am On Aug 01, 2014
Drop More!!! Kinda waiting.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by dammygoody(m): 8:08am On Aug 01, 2014
Hmmm....more more more...
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 8:24am On Aug 01, 2014
Goodmorning all!!!............... I'll be dropping 2 to 3 updates each day. Next will come in before 12, I assure.
Thanks for finding time to read and comment.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 8:26am On Aug 01, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Wao! First to comment!
Aunty Vonn hy una stop for there? Abeg come continue ohh!!
Lol....Tee, I'm not Aunty ooo. I'm still a kid!!!!!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 8:32am On Aug 01, 2014
Wishing everyone HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is gonna be a great AUGUST for us!

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 11:55am On Aug 01, 2014

Out of frustration he slipped into his slippers. The next thing he realised was finding himself running towards the hostel.

Was he in his right senses? How could he be so dumb after all the pieces of advice given to him by his mum and friend just because of a girl who obviously didnt even love him.

It is said that the day death comes knocking, the victim behaves like a fool.

Entering the compound, he noticed the potters lodge was empty as they had all run out for fear of the unknown.
With his eyes he searched for Tonia's room and at the same time looking out for danger.

He had to ascend a fleet of stairs to get to the second floor but knew that he could get caught in the process.
Hidden in a dark corner, he noticed a couple of girls trying to scale the fence at an end of the compound. Just then one of the cultists flashed his torchlight in their direction and that was when Julian sighted Tonia amongst the girls.

He watched in a confused state as the cultist sprang angrily towards them.
Why was his brain failing him at this crucial moment? He had to come up with something within seconds.

His hand felt something on the floor. He picked up the stone and hauled it at the guy. The stone got his rib and he fell on his side groaning.

Pulling Tonia, they ran as fast as they could. Although they managed to escape, that was not without Julian getting a knife cut on his left arm.

When they got to his room, he quickly made to his wardrobe for any worn-out and abandoned clothe with which he tried to control the bleeding. Then he fixed water on the stove to clean the cut.
Setting all he needed on a table, he sat and gave himself a first aid treatment.

All those while, not a word had passed between him and Tonia who had been sitting and just looking at him. His two roommates had gone out for a party and wouldn't be back till later in the morning, so they were alone.

When he was done, he looked up for the first time and realised that she was staring at him, probably searching for what to say.

"Thank you very much. I appreciate what you did out there...risking your life and everything."

"Oh, it was nothing much". He smiled and got one too.
"What matters now is your safety"
There was silence for some seconds before Julian let her know that she couldn't go back that night as it was still risky to do so.
He offered her the comfort of his bed while he took that of his roommate.

As he laid back, he heard faraway cries of victims cursing. Remembering the incident sent chills down his spine. Then he realised the meaning of what he did.

What if he had been killed while trying to form James Bond..... What if the knife had slashed his throat instead of his left arm.
All these thoughts made him have goose pimples. Hot beads of sweat rolled down his skin.

Getting up, he walked to his wardrobe and took out a sachet of pure water which he downed at once.
When he laid back he felt better though the pains in his left arm left him uncomfortable.

Stealing one last look at Tonia who with closed eyes was obviously finding it difficult to sleep, he drifted off into dreamland.

4 Likes

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by dammygoody(m): 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
Lol...Julian the superman...
Nice one ma'am Vonn, excellent for an SS2/3 student....
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
Sup uniben student
vonn: Wishing everyone HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is gonna be a great AUGUST for us!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
WELDONe aunty vonn, all dah best. Nawa for dz love of a tin oh...
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 5:22pm On Aug 01, 2014

Julian tried to turn but felt a piercing pain in his arm. The memories of the night came flooding back. He got steady before lifting himself out of the bed. His eyes darted towards his bed but Tonia was nowhere to be seen.

He looked at the wall clock and realised that it was 7:30am.

"She should have informed me before leaving."

Standing puzzled was exhausting himself so he just moved back to the bed and sat.

Looking at his arm, he observed that the affected part was swollen. So he made a mental note to visit the health centre after the two hours lecture that morning.

Julian got up and rushed a bath, got dressed in a long sleeve shirt and a pair of chinos trousers.

He decided to check for Tonia in her hostel. On getting to her hostel, he called her that he was waiting outside. Within five minutes,she came out and greeted him.

"Why didn't you inform me that you were leaving?"
"I did'nt want to disturb you" was her reply.

A shortwhile of silence passed. Julian was in thought on whether to ask her out without making himself a fool again.

When finally he gathered courage and let it out, she agreed to his utmost surprise. he had expected a negative response. What had happened to her?

"Emm...okay, what time would be more convenient for you?"

"Anytime you think is suitable" she insisted.

"Five-thirty then. I'll pick you up" he said getting up from where he was leaning on and Tonia nodded before they parted.

When he got to the lecture hall, he noticed that he was early so there were still vacant seats. The lecture lasted for an hour and thirty-five minutes so he still had enough time to visit the health center and and take some rest before evening.

"Where are we going to?" Tonia asked as they got into his car.
"Wait and see for yourself. It's somewhere you'll like to be, I bet."

Julian had received the car as a gift from his parents on his birthday two years previously. After driving for fifteen minutes, they halted infront of a de luxe resturant. Tonia glared at him in surprise.
Was he that rich to afford the bills or was he just trying to please her? she thought.

Julian got down and Tonia did same. Walking into the spacious resturant,they were directed to a table and greeted with a menu when they were seated.

After their orders had been made, the waiter left. Julian's eyes held hers for a moment before she, unable to withstand the gaze, looked away.

"Thanks for coming with me." he told her and when she didn't say a word, he took her hand in his and started a close examination.

They were interrupted by the waiter's arrival. Adorning the table were plates of richly garnished fried rice and salad with the cream. Julian said out a prayer before they started eating.

After that, they were served with dessert of egg omelette and fruit salad. Tonia ate to stisfaction and so did Julian.

The waiter brought the bill and passed it to Julian. Looking at it, he glanced at Tonia and her heart did a sumersault.
He shouldn't have brought me here for this kind of embarassment if he can't foot the bills. She thought.

Just then Julian dipped his hand into his pocket and produced a wallet. He counted the wads of notes and gave to the waiter, signalling him to keep the rest.

Back in the car, Tonia expressed her gratitude. Julian nodded and kept smiling. He was always very careful when it came to driving.

Finally, he got infront of her hostel and stopped. He bade her goodnight and waited till her figure disappeared before he closed the door and zoomed off.

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Nancydearie(f): 4:12am On Aug 02, 2014
Well done,following!!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:32am On Aug 02, 2014
Nancydearie: Well done,following!!
Welcome ere sis Nancy.

Weldone Vonn, thought I'd meet anoda update this morning. Maybe me sef sud go and risk my life so that dem go agree.... grincheesy

Love this!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:34am On Aug 02, 2014
You're invited oh... Texanomaly, Beckytee, Temmytayo20, LogoDwhiz, D9ty7, Zizola and many more
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Temmytayo20(f): 9:00am On Aug 02, 2014
Following...
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:01am On Aug 02, 2014
Thanks for inviting me tee Dan.. I'm loving this..

Bonn well done..
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 10:11am On Aug 02, 2014
NEPA has really done me bad since yesterday ooo. No battery to type. Hope y'all understand. I'll see what I can do today. Patience please!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 10:11am On Aug 02, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Thanks for inviting me tee Dan.. I'm loving this..

Bonn well done..
Thank you dear
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 10:13am On Aug 02, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Welcome ere sis Nancy.

Weldone Vonn, thought I'd meet anoda update this morning. Maybe me sef sud go and risk my life so that dem go agree.... grincheesy

Love this!

Risk your life? When I'm already here for you.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 11:18am On Aug 02, 2014
My first update comes before 2.....please bear with me. Nah condition make.........
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
vonn:
Thank you dear
Uwc.

Wanted to type vonn.
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 02, 2014
embarassed...chai why did i come late eh...Miss Vonn kudos..Your story rocks
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 1:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
Update Loading........... ************
99.5% .......................................................
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 1:46pm On Aug 02, 2014

Julian was leaving the lecture hall after the test when he was accosted by his friend Greg with two other guys.

Smiling, Julian stretched his hand for that crazy handshake but was surprised at the attitude Greg put up towards him.

Greg moved further leaving just a few inch distance between them. With his eyes almost bulging out, he told Julian to get prepared to face the consequences.

Before Julian could ask for explanation, Greg was gone. Puzzled, he looked around but no one seemed to have noticed what transpired. All was concerned with his business.

"Has he found out that I was out that night?" he asked himself.

He knew that the worst thing that could happen to a student was being in bad terms with cults.

That was not a matter of friendship anymore. Even if his friend was with him,he wouldn't be able to do anything because of other members of the cult.
He had to do something and very fast too.

Unable to concentrate, he made up his mind to cancel the schedules for the day. He had to think up something quickly.

Back in his room, Julian walked over to a gallon to pour himself a cup of water when his phone rang.
He picked it up and saw the message on the screen which read:
Tonight........8 O'clock..........Garden.

That was it. Julian was in trouble. Garden was a place where scores between cults and enemies were said to be settled.

Julian tried to reach Greg but it was useless as he wouldn't pick the calls. He could hear clearly the ticks of the clock and knew that he had to go or he would be in more trouble.
He somehow wished that time would pass slowly but felt that it sped.

A hot slap and kick sent Julian sprawling on the ground.
All his pleas fell on deaf ears.
Thunderous kicks followed others amidst screams of protest from Julian. When they were exhausted, they moved aside for their leader.

Greg stood for a while staring at Julian groaning in pains. What fate had in stock for him was more than he could ever imagine.

Greg dragged him up but before he could gain balance, a heavy uppercut caught his jaw. The next place he found himself was on the floor, eating slaps and punches like hamburger.

"Guy wait, wait.....e be like say im don kpai." one of them said. Greg stopped and looked at the motionless body.

Without saying a word, he turned and looked at others. In a twinkle of an eye, the garden was deserted leaving Julian's brutalised body in a pool of blood.

Before noon, news of Julian's death had spread the school. People were wondering how a guy who meant no trouble could be attacked that way. Some said their minds able others being chameleon.

"He must have done something to them, that's why he met his doom soo soon." they said.

When Tonia got the gist, she was speechless. She thought about him as someone she saw the previous day.
How then could he be dead?
She was the one that had revealed to Greg that Julian was at the scene but was careful enough not to disclose her identity.
She had not wished Julian to be killed. She had only wanted him off her back but the way things had gone, there was nothing else she could do.

It was no longer her business but the dead's, she thought. Wiping he face with her palm, she turned back to her friends.

"Girl how far nah,you suddenly looked lost."one of her friends asked.

"Just thinking"
"O yeah. So how are you dealing with Julian's death?"
"How should I deal with it. Yes, he took me out the other day but that doesn't mean I should die with him, does it?" she asked no one in particular.
"He's dead. I should get on with my life."

"Yo! that's my girl" they hailed her but for one.
"You shouldn't be so blunt. Atleast you should be grateful. He loved you to........."

"Love my foot. Find that word in my trash can. Please let's discuss something better like our next meeting. It should be at the usual venue and time. There will be initiation of members so it sure would be a long night."

After discussing at length Tonia saw them off. She was a member of Black Bra, having been initiated twelve months ago when she was in her first year.

As days passed, it was gathered from an unknown source that Julian had been taken to his hometown for burial.
****************************************************************################################################

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 5:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
Unibenstudent: Sup uniben student
I see you bro
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
Julian RIP...how will Julian just die like that at the beginning ehn...James Bond no go dey again o#just thinking though#

Kudos vonn...shine brightly this month

1 Like

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
ToriEmManson: Julian RIP...how will Julian just die like that at the beginning ehn...James Bond no go dey again o#just thinking though#

Kudos vonn...shine brightly this month
Nah so I see am ooo..............maybe his brother will take over from here............................
Just my thoughts..........wait............lemme check my script again. undecided
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
vonn:
Nah so I see am ooo..............maybe his brother will take over from here............................
Just my thoughts..........wait............lemme check my script again. undecided
Laff oud loud...abeg check d script again... cheesy
Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by vonn(f): 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2014

A week later in a hospital, doctors were on their usual surgery and got to a ward.

"How long has he been in this condition?" a doctor directed the question to the nurses around.

"Exactly two days, doc. He was brought in unconscious. Since then, I'm afraid no improvement has been recorded so far."
The doctor nodded.

"His name is Julian Cole." she finished.
"Any families around?"
"Yes, his father came down yesterday evening after you left. Thank God he had his phone on him."

After spending few minutes, the doctor left the room to attend to other patients and the nurses followed suit.

When Mr Cole came again, he asked for a transfer to another hospital and was granted the request without much hitch.

He was rushed off because of his condition. With the right facilities and medication, there was improvement.
He could atleast open his eyes, move his fingers and nod or shake his head. Gradually he began speaking but slowly and weakly. When asked what transpired, he always kept mute.

After speaking with their family doctor, Julian's dad, Alex, was assured that he would be discharged in a week.
At a week's end, Julian was already strong enough to travel home. His dad made sure he paid the hospital bills and left a generous tip to the former for treating his son without hesitation.

Coming home, he was joyfully welcomed by the family. That evening, he got to know that there had been clashes between cults and anti-cults recently formed in the school. Some cultists got killed, some wounded and captured.
The few lucky ones were fortunate enough to run into hiding.

Like a bolt from the blues he remembered and longed to see again the beautiful face of his girl, Tonia.

"Come on, Stupid!!!" his mind yelled at him.
"Stop thinking piffle. Have you gone nuts. You almost died......infact you died and mistakenly resurrected because of her and here you are trying to worsen the whole situation. Boy, use your head."

He was quiet for a while but on a second thought he ignored the voice and waited for the day he would see her again.
..............................................................................................

"I thought i would never see you again." Julian said as they disentangled from the embrace.

Tilting her face a bit upwards he searched into those blue eyes of hers which seemed to be flowing like the deep blue see.
Tonia feeling guilty shifted her gaze to his chest.

"I thought i would never see you either." she managed to say in pretense. With a peck he walked her slowly to her bunk.

Tonia wanted to know what happened to him and without hesitation he told her of his ordeal.
He finally advised Tonia that in anything she does on earth, she should never put total trust in anybody.

Tonia filled him in on the recent happenings in school- the anti-cult saga, the friday night clubbing that ended in disaster, the fellowship drama night that was wow...
It was then he gathered that his friend Greg was involved in one of the shoot-outs and got himself killed in the process.

They discussed well into the evening before Tonia decided to see him off to his hostel as it was almost past visiting hours.

On her way back her phone rang.
"Tonia don't tell me that what I've been hearing is true." a voice sounded at the other end of the phone.

"What is it. Just go straight to the point girl."

"That Julian is back or is that his ghost?" her friend Jenny asked.

"Argh! Gossip girl. It's reached your ears already. Well you heard right and as a matter of fact, I just saw him off like three minutes ago."

"Gosh! too soon to jump back." Jenny teased.

"Jenny easy okay. I'll talk to you later." Tonia disconnected the call.

"Hmm.....my plan right now is to suck him dry since he doesn't want to leave me alone." she thought.
Almost immediately she smiled, realising she'd hit a jackpot.

............................***...........................

2 Likes

Re: ¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn by Temmytayo20(f): 9:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
Nice update...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) / 18+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi / How Good Are You With Figures Of Speech? Try This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.