Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World (37471 Views)

Wizkid's Ojuelegba Is The 12th Biggest Song In The World This Year / DOWNLOAD: 2face Idibia - The Ascension Album Full 17 Tracks Here / Full Album Download: 2face – “the Ascension” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by januzaj(m): 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
Just googled it,ntn lyk dat on billboard.com .......someone shld share d link apart from lindaikeji nd co
Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by freshdude99(m): 10:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
Toks2008:
I was thinking in this direction too
At first I was to reason like both of you, but I refused because my brothers, THAT ASCENSION ALBUM IS SELLING LIKE MAD!!! The packaging and publicity na die, as far as Nija is concern, no other artist has such packaging and dats why TUBABA always stands out. Pls go get that #ascension album ASAP

3 Likes

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Lanceslot(m): 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Olucheye: That's Why He's The Boss...... Legendary Status!

If to say na just me, I be living like I don't care.

Nigerian god of Music...

Love or Hate Nigerian Music, You Can't Hate 2Baba!
Fact man! He's the greatest of his time, a true legend.

4 Likes

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
heatmeup: who's talking i can't see u sef he is responsible he dnt deny any of the babies.I'll rather have a baby for him than a broke nairalander with a pain in the ass. carry ur furstration somewhere else
i see ur point, u re hopeless, do whatever u can, i assure u that u cant see his underwear. U desired him but ur handwork failed u, anyway, how is tøto market?
Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by heatmeup(f): 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
ajibolabd: i see ur point, u re hopeless, do whatever u can, i assure u that u cant see his underwear. U desired him but ur handwork failed u, anyway, how is tøto market?
smh with the jean u are putting on and ur rough round neck it shows u must b an area boy com to think of it that must b ur most handsome pics. smh Seriously the allowance my boyfriend uses to buy my shoes is enough to feed u and clean u up not to talk of my own personal allowance. Like i said take ur fustration somewhere else. am not gonna talk dirt with u. imagine his language sef.

1 Like

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by dondo83(m): 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
No wonder noting works in nija, some 1 came up with such a story and no one can take a min to check billboard chart if its true... I just did and I dint even find his album in 1-50..... abi benue billboard chart dey?

1 Like

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by dondo83(m): 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
januzaj: Just googled it,ntn lyk dat on billboard.com .......someone shld share d link apart from lindaikeji nd co

U have googled its and its not there... why should linda ikeji tell you otherwise... she sabi read pass u?

1 Like

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
heatmeup: smh with the jean u are putting on and ur rough round neck it shows u must b an area boy com to think of it that must b ur most handsome pics. smh Seriously the allowance my boyfriend uses to buy my shoes is enough to feed u and clean u up not to talk of my own personal allowance. Like i said take ur fustration somewhere else. am not gonna talk dirt with u. imagine his language sef.
i know u relied on ur bf, its time u wake up and stop bein olosho, u can achive anytin good wt that and besides, am living in my own house, the house i built wt my sweat. Am not on ur level ok, aim 32 and i've achived in life. What level is ur bf u relied on? You re finished. Alabodo.
Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Bbklopsy: 11:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
dondo83: No wonder noting works in nija, some 1 came up with such a story and no one can take a min to check billboard chart if its true... I just did and I dint even find his album in 1-50..... abi benue billboard chart dey?
sensible wise badt guy!
Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by abbey621(m): 11:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
Number 12 on the billboard world top selling chart, I think you guys are mentally challenged.
Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Nicepoker(m): 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Mrchippychappy: Where D'banj Eja Nla come dey ?
d'banj is frying grarri.

3 Likes

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by heatmeup(f): 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
ajibolabd: i know u relied on ur bf, its time u wake up and stop bein olosho, u can achive anytin good wt that and besides, am living in my own house, the house i built wt my sweat. Am not on ur level ok, aim 32 and i've achived in life. What level is ur bf u relied on? You re finished. Alabodo.
bla bla bla local akure man
Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
heatmeup: bla bla bla local akure man
hahahahaha, i may be local but am superior to u in every way, if u re not careful my first son wil Bleep u cos u cant get marry, u understands me. Why did u even choose sex and fucking as a career?
Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by davidif: 12:06am On Aug 01, 2014
Shegman22: Just over a week after it's release, 2Face
Idibia's 6 studio album, 'The Ascension', has
reached a high at Billboard » as the number 12
top-selling world music album currently.

This is the first ever time that a Nigerian artiste has achieved the feat, and definitely holds the
record as the fastest selling album from a
Nigerian.

@OP,
Please don't deceive this people. Is it the top selling album or the top selling world music album? This are very different categories.

1 Like

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Barzbarz(m): 12:14am On Aug 01, 2014
Are you hiiiiiigh ... If i hear!!! Which of d international bodies rated this Album 12th best selling album worldwide? Nxt time try to post moderate lie... Even Micheal Jackson's new Album (Xscape Album), Trey Songz's Album (Trigga Album) that did well in international chart, didn't do dat number (12th) best selling album worldwide. Or may be it was rated 12th in ur Bedroom..
*Slap's Op's face and strolls out of the thread*
Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Barzbarz(m): 12:15am On Aug 01, 2014
Dnt mind am, Op is on drupz
Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Chuckdee(m): 12:18am On Aug 01, 2014
Kossyne: Why do I find this very hard to swallow?. For you to make top 20 best selling album, your album must be a hot cake especially in the US. How many copies of this album have been sold?. A million, a hundred thousand, few thousands?...

Who bought this album? Some of us are just hearing about this album for the first time. How many Nigerians buy original copies of music album where they can download it for free from naijaloaded or buy the pirated copy.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not jealous of his success. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this news and I believe every other logical and informed Nigerian would do the same.

"A little misleading...it's No. 12 on the "World Music Charts". This doesn't mean it's the Top 12th selling album in the world. When Billboard say "World Music", they mean "International Music", which means non-western traditional music (e.g. afrobeat music, etc), not a chart for all the albums in the world. Basically, it's a chart exclusively for non-western music albums"

There you go! this will help you wrap it off your head and believe me, you aint being jealous but rather reasonable.. People post a lot of junk on nairaland!

2 Likes

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 01, 2014
NoContract: I streamed the album on Spotify. I liked only 2 songs.

But that's none of my business sha.

Sips kunu with palm kernel.

I totally agree, I think it's his worst album ever.
Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by davidif: 12:22am On Aug 01, 2014
Chuckdee:

"A little misleading...it's No. 12 on the "World Music Charts". This doesn't mean it's the Top 12th selling album in the world. When Billboard say "World Music", they mean "International Music", which means non-western traditional music (e.g. afrobeat music, etc), not a chart for all the albums in the world. Basically, it's a chart exclusively for non-western music albums"

There you go! this will help you wrap it off your head and believe me, you aint being jealous but rather reasonable.. People post a lot of junk on nairaland!

Yes o.

1 Like

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by chukxie(m): 12:28am On Aug 01, 2014
coded01: cool

But how many Baby mamas does he have? grin tongue grin

He's being praised for his music. Nothing more. You can as well get your own baby mamas. Abi person chain you for chair?

1 Like

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by drealnamdy(m): 12:30am On Aug 01, 2014
Hypertek nigga

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Kossyne(m): 12:30am On Aug 01, 2014
Chuckdee:

Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by ojigbijigbi: 12:33am On Aug 01, 2014
ajibolabd: hahahahaha, i may be local but am superior to u in every way, if u re not careful my first son wil Bleep u cos u cant get marry, u understands me. Why did u even choose sex and fucking as a career?

guy e do lock up
Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by ojigbijigbi: 12:37am On Aug 01, 2014
xtervaganza: too bad your English is even worse than B red's songs

I think you need to give D'banj and work on your disturbing use the English lingo

I think you need to do thesame

1 Like

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by 2babakizzy: 12:44am On Aug 01, 2014
coded01: cool

But how many Baby mamas does he have? grin tongue grin
. Are U feeding any of dem Hater!!!!!
Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Davijunson: 12:46am On Aug 01, 2014
Chuckdee:

thanks for the Clarification.

2 Likes

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Davijunson: 12:57am On Aug 01, 2014
I av the Album already and I must say 2Baba as he wishes to be known now did a great Job. The Album is so on-point. Mature lyrics, Versatility in the tracks, Dude jes delivered big time. As for y'all saying it's boring, yu probably don't knw what good music is.

2 Likes

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Ishilove: 1:37am On Aug 01, 2014
GreenBobo: Lyrical superiority!
Powerful Message!
Fine tuned sounds!
Meaningful Collaborations!
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, NO GIBBERISH!
And a pure ,unadulterated love for music!
These and others... are his selling points!
WORD. Wish Dbanj can learn from him

2 Likes

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by Ishilove: 1:39am On Aug 01, 2014
Davijunson: I av the Album already and I must say 2Baba as he wishes to be known now did a great Job. The Album is so on-point. Mature lyrics, Versatility in the tracks, Dude jes delivered big time. As for y'all saying it's boring, yu probably don't knw what good music is.
Nope. Their own idea of good music is songs codeing inspired shyte from lil wayne and songs about buttocks and the female mammary organs.

1 Like

Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by SHOCK7(m): 1:39am On Aug 01, 2014
MissyDivah: Congrats 2baba
How u doing babe?
Re: 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World by tpia1: 2:39am On Aug 01, 2014
Gynacologist: tat album is dope....loius, sunrise, sunshine, ocean nd lake , hw we do....just to mention a few.

Those are the song titles?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Download Mixtape: Best Of Seyi Vibez - 9jablinkz X Dj Emax / MI Reply Vector: My Son It Is Time To Live Up To Your Potential / Teni Wins Rookie Of The Year At 2018 Headies Award.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.