Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? (11567 Views)

There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari / So.are Yorubas Ready To Fight / Gen. Gowon interviewed hours after surrender of Biafra; he blames Ojukwu for war (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Blackteeth(m): 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
The way this country is moving at times it is not surprising to hear the word WAR every now and then. Many Igbos and yorubas on Niaraland have been calling for Nigeria to split. We don't really know how that would happen but one of the certain means it happens is through war. So far, yorubas and igbos on Nairaland have been flexing their muscles polished with all the grammar to show the north they are better than they are. But are yorubas and igbos really ready for the big show? I doubt if they are ready for some reasons.

Yorubas and igbos are definitely wealthier and more educated than the northerners, and with education comes this ajibutter kind of lifestyle and a love for good life. This is definitely not the kind of people you will expect to be in the battle fields to defend their land. Rather they will take the next flight and bus to seek refuge in Ghana or Cameron to continue their pursuit of living the good life. So how many would be left to defend the homeland? In contrast with the yorubas and the igbos, hausas and Fulani do not have much of that educated class of individuals desiring to live the good life. Most of them are poor so they ain't scared of living or dying. These guys are just perfect for the battle fields.

Secondly we all know the reputation of the average northerner as violent individuals and ready to slaughter. If the slaughter when the nation is not at war then how much do you think they slaughter when war eventually breaks out? These guys are Muslims and we all know how the religion induces a powerful jihad kind of spirit to fight vigorously to the last man. Are these the kind of people that the educated ajibutter yorubas and igbos want to engage in a war?

Another thing is the disunited south. Yorubas and igbos hate each other. So the north can attack the yorubas first and igbos will relax be laughing at yorubas as pay back time for betraying the Igbos. By the time the north are done with yorubas Igbo's become next. By then the south has been weakened after defeating the yorubas. Whatelse will Igbos do? Fire one or two 1968 ogbunigwes and they are exhausted.

I am pleading with Yorubas and Igbos to tone down cos this war doesn't look like it would favour them, or else if they keep barking unnecessarily and eventually it happens, I would not be surprised if the northerners utilize the opportunity to Complete what Usman Dan fodio couldn't complete more than a century ago. grin
Me I don prepare my escape route ready. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by candiva2013(m): 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
If you think because the northerners/muslems are violent and attack due to slight provocations means they can defeat yorubas or igbos in war then you have to think again.

Nobody has monopoly to voilence. That a group of people kill senselessly does not translate to superiority in war.

Igbos and yorubas don't kill innocent people, they believe in hard work and progress, this does not make them cowards or show lack of determination and power to defend their territories effectively if need be.

The gentle striding of a tiger is not a symbol of cowardice.

19 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Descartes: 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
poster na only you waka come grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Descartes: 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Another ethnic bashing thread cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by AkinEgba: 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
Blackteeth: The way this country is moving at times it is not surprising to hear the word WAR every now and then. Many Igbos and yorubas on Niaraland have been calling for Nigeria to split. We don't really know how that would happen but one of the certain means it happens is through war. So far, yorubas and igbos on Nairaland have been flexing their muscles polished with all the grammar to show the north they are better than they are. But are yorubas and igbos really ready for the big show? I doubt if they are ready for some reasons.

Yorubas and igbos are definitely wealthier and more educated than the northerners, and with education comes this ajibutter kind of lifestyle and a love for good life. This is definitely not the kind of people you will expect to be in the battle fields to defend their land. Rather they will take the next flight and bus to seek refuge in Ghana or Cameron to continue their pursuit of living the good life. So how many would be left to defend the homeland? In contrast with the yorubas and the igbos, hausas and Fulani do not have much of that educated class of individuals desiring to live the good life. Most of them are poor so they ain't scared of living or dying. These guys are just perfect for the battle fields.

Secondly we all know the reputation of the average northerner as violent individuals and ready to slaughter. If the slaughter when the nation is not at war then how much do you think they slaughter when war eventually breaks out? These guys are Muslims and we all know how the religion induces a powerful jihad kind of spirit to fight vigorously to the last man. Are these the kind of people that the educated ajibutter yorubas and igbos want to engage in a war?

I am pleading with Yorubas and Igbos to tone down cos this war doesn't look like it would favour them, or else if they keep barking unnecessarily and eventually it happens, I would not be surprised if the northerners utilize the opportunity to Complete what Usman Dan fodio couldn't complete more than a century ago. grin
Me I don prepare my escape route ready. grin

These days numbers don't mean much in war; the level and sophistication of ammunition at your disposal do. Moreover, the only way the Islamic North will come down south to fight is if they get encouragement from one or more betraying groups from the south. If the south bands together or at least do not betray each other by one group joining with the North to fight other southerners, then its a different story out there than you are telling us now.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by lyntiffany(f): 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
Abegi make I spread mat here dey wait for all the ...................

E - warriors. Pls (mboku) make una no splash una blood for my face ooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Blackteeth(m): 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
AkinEgba:

These days numbers don't mean much in war; the level and sophistication of ammunition at your disposal do. Moreover, the only way the Islamic North will come down south to fight is if they get encouragement from one or more betraying groups from the south. If the south bands together or at least do not betray each other by one group joining with the North to fight other southerners, then its a different story out there than you are telling us now.
If I got you right what you are saying is that the south will get more sophisticated weapons than the north. What makes you think the north will not get sophisticated weapons too?

8 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by anago9010(m): 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
akeemu where my shakabula, any omo irankiran wey talk about the Yoruba nation should be ready for some dose of my pellet.

17 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by dozzzybaba: 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nigeria will disintegrate peacefully without bloodshed

5 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Descartes: 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Them do they gather for Nairaland viewing centre tongue
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by AkinEgba: 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Blackteeth:
If I got you right what you are saying is that the south will get more sophisticated weapons than the north. What makes you think the north will not get sophisticated weapons too?

Not exactly. Each group will get as much sophisticated weapons as they like. But I do no believe that the north will get up and take on the south in a war, unless of course the south is divided so that some southerners join the north against other southerners, in which case it is no longer North versus South, but ''North-South'' versus ''another South''.

As long as Yorubas do not go looking to get back Ilorin, they should be fine. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Sunofgod(m): 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
They are not at war . . . . its just some small historic 'hatred' on both sides.

I believe when the true battle starts it will be along 'religious' and not 'tribal' lines . . . . .

Alot of 'Yoruba's' will be slaughtered by Yoruba's........before 'Christianity' takes on 'Islam' . . .. (whilst the 'Jews' watch and laugh)

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Descartes: 9:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
dozzzybaba: Nigeria will disintegrate peacefully without bloodshed
Peace ke
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
There is no basis for war. Igbos and Yorubas have no contagious border. Yorubas will flock in and flush everyone out of Lagos. I suspect the mid-west who are in the middle will back the Yorubas. Igbos will simply flee Lagos. Lagos is indefensible for Igbos. Hausas have a better chance over running Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by gratiaeo(m): 9:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
Only if Britain, America, Russia, Canada, Germany etc will not team against Igbo again.
Yoruba have 2 reclaim Irorin from Fulanis first before we can count them

20 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by AkinEgba: 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
jerseyboy: There is no basis for war. Igbos and Yorubas have no contagious border. Yorubas will flock in and flush everyone out of Lagos. I suspect the mid-west who are in the middle will back the Yorubas. Igbos will simply flee Lagos. Lagos is indefensible for Igbos. Hausas have a better chance over running Yorubas.

When real war erupts and I do not mean this cheap internet war that we fight, it is never going to be between Igbo and Yoruba directly. Yoruba no get the ''liver'' (and this not meant as an insult) to fight Igbos, and Igbo have too much at stake in Lagos to fight the Yoruba for Lagos. In fact, any Igbo looking to ''claim'' Lagos (during a war time) is on his own.

7 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by tit(f): 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
it will not be two fighting.
Yoruba will say to ibo: I will beat you ooo.
Again

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by anago9010(m): 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
gratiaeo: Only if Britain, America, Russia, Canada, Germany etc will not team against Igbo again.

illiterate it is spelt Ilorin, when will y'all bantunoid reclaim your abandon properties and the rumukro of p.h. a Google search of the battle of Oshogbo should cure your gross ignorance.

10 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by macpetrus(m): 10:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
Don't even start praying for that scenario. And am not ready to be a hero, not AGAIN
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by tit(f): 10:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
anago9010:

illiterate it is spelt Ilorin, when will y'all bantunoid reclaim your abandon properties and the rumukro of p.h. a Google search of the battle of Oshogbo should cure your gross ignorance.

oyinbo, take it easy with the bantuoid.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Ahuitzotl: 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
Yorubas will have to pay indemnity for the igbos to leave Lagos in peace..An urban warfare will level Lagos to the ground with threats of military encirclment from the North and East...
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by anago9010(m): 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
tit:

oyinbo, take it easy with the bantuoid.

is that not what y'all Jew wannabes are??
Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by anago9010(m): 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Yorubas will have to pay indemnity for the igbos to leave Lagos in peace..An urban warfare will level Lagos to the ground with threats of military encirclment from the North and East...

osu humour me more, we know how your coward folks perish on the highway during the famous oso abiola. you are definitely high from excess smoking of your own pubic hair.

15 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by ba7man(m): 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Some kids just say "War" as if its their regular "mum and daddy" fights at home.

Anyways, as yorubas, na our house we dey. Anyone that causes trouble within it will have Benin Republic to accomodate him as refugee.........of which, na our french speaking cousins dey there.

Bad move for a tenant fighting with his landlord. Tenant will always pack his load on his head and leave in the end.

20 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Ahuitzotl: 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
anago9010:

[s]osu humour me more, we know how your coward folks perish on the highway during the famous oso abiola. you are definitely high from excess smoking of your own pubic hair[/s].
Offenmanu, do you not know most yeribas whom are very lazy almost died of hunger during that time??...your light brain must clogged with palm oil.

17 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by gratiaeo(m): 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
anago9010: akeemu where my shakabula, any omo irankiran wey talk about the Yoruba nation should be ready for some dose of my pellet.
Use your useless shakabula and chase Fulanis out of Ilorin. Idioot

12 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by anago9010(m): 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Offenmanu, do you not know most yeribas whom are very lazy almost died of hunger during that time??...your light brain must clogged with palm oil.

ogiri munching nyamiri how does that correlate with the fact that your lazy kinsmen usain bolted to alaigbo. while common unilag students were facing the green boys on the street of Lagos. expecting anything intelligent from your civil war delicacies afflicted brain, is like expecting a cerebral palsy kid to solve problem in complex algorithm plus beam analysis.

12 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by nerodenero: 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Blackteeth:dont be carried away by the hatred, ethnic bashing and incessant e-wars between Yorubas and Igbos.It starts and ends on this Forum.The truth is nobody has the monopoly of violence so If it happens now,you would wished we hadnt gone to war.

6 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by T9ksy(m): 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
AkinEgba:

Not exactly. Each group will get as much sophisticated weapons as they like. But I do no believe that the north will get up and take on the south in a war, unless of course the south is divided so that some southerners join the north against other southerners, in which case it is no longer North versus South, but ''North-South'' versus ''another South''.

As long as Yorubas do not go looking to get back Ilorin, they should be fine. grin grin grin grin grin

Ol' boy, i think your analysis of the impending war is totally wrong. This time around, there will be no alliance in the south as in, we yorubas will not align with you ibos rather we will fight to protect the territorial integrity of our ancestral land.

As long as ibos don't send their boys down to our region, claiming they are coming to liberate us, then we have no quarrel with you.
Just stay in your own lane and we will stay in ours.

15 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
The thread don dey gradually turn to igbo vs yoruba grin,lie lie 1 nigeria till eternity ofemmmanu wan reap way dem no sow ndi ara! grin

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by dozzzybaba: 10:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
gratiaeo:
The way you ibos foolishly hinge your plans based on the Yorubas action or inaction is simply ridiculous; This is the same mistake ojuku made

Leave the Yorubas alone let them worry about Ilorin. You should be concerned about how to reclaim Port Harcourt and how to change rumuigbo, rumuodara, rumuokoro, rumuokwuta etc back to their original ibo names

25 Likes

Re: Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? by anago9010(m): 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
gratiaeo:
Use your useless shakabula and chase Fulanis out of Ilorin. Idioot

bwahhaaaa even if the fact of what transpired in Ilorin is slapped on your Igbo, you won't still comprehend it you these photosynthetic epileptic nyamiri. when will you go and collect your fathers properties in ikewerre. unlike you that ran with your tails between your legs, Ibadan warlords chase the fula back and kept them in the outpost as a lesson for future mutineers.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See What Rev. Uma Ukpai Said About #biafra / Buhari Commends Jonathan On Boko-Haram Amnesty Committee / The Economist 2016 Cover Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.