Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? (24885 Views)

.... / Age Difference Sure Matters In 'Will You Marry Me?' / Is It Ok To Sleep With Ur Partner In Courtship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2012
jude33084:

Pls be rational. A man of God that plans Ť☺ lead others Ť☺ their doom. angry

TO YOU IT IS DOOM BUT TO A BELIEVER IT IS TRUTH. GOD MADE YOU IN HIS IMAGE AND AFTER HIS LIKENESS. ASK YOURSELF IS THERE A GENOTYPE DEFECT IN GOD? IF YOUR ANSWER IS NO THEN WHY THINK LESSER OF YOURSELF WHEN YOU ARE IN GODS IMAGE AND LIKENESS? THE ONLY CLAUSE GOD PLACED IN MARRIAGE IS THAT SHE MUST BE BORN AGAIN LIKE THE MAN AND VICE VERSA. THAT IS WHY GOD SIMPLY PUT IT THIS WAY "HE THAT FINDS A WIFE, FINDS A GOOD THING AND OBTAINS FAVOUR OF THE LORD" I SEE NO GENETIC CONDITIONS ATTACHED THERE. GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE BIBLE RIGHT FROM ABRAHAM WHEN HE MARRIED SARAH DID YOU READ OF ANY GENETIC CONDITIONS ATTACHED TO THEIR MARRIAGE? YET THEY OUTLIVED US. ENOUGH SAID!
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
blogger2tooker: GOD HAS A REASON WHY HE MADE ONE AA, ANOTHER AS AND ANOTHER SS, GODS LANGUAGE IS FAITH AND HE WANTS US ALL TO WALK WITH HIM IN FAITH AND NOT BASED ON WHAT DOCTORS SAY OR HEAD KNOWLEDGE. WE ALL CAME FROM GOD HENCE THE NEED FOR US TO DEPEND ON HIM. BUT MAN HAS ALLOWED HIMSELF TO BE BROUGHT UNDER TORTURE BY FOLLOWING THEIR OWN WAY.

IF YOU LOVE A WOMAN AND YOU SAY GENOTYPE PREVENTED YOU FROM GETTING MARRIED TO HER THEN YOU NEVER REALLY LOVED HER IN THE FIRST PLACE. tHE BIBLE SAYS "HUSBANDS LOVE YOUR WIFE AS CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH AND DIED FOR HER" THIS MEANS LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL. YOUR LOVE AND FAITH IN GOD PERFECTS ALL THAT YOU SEE AS WRONG. I KNOW A LADY WHOSE GENOTYPE WAS MIRACOULOSLY CHANGED FROM AS TO AA WHEN HER HUSBAND IS AS. EVERYBODY ADVICED HER AGAINST THE MARRIAGE BUT SHE WENT AHEAD. HER CHURCH HYPOCRITICALLY DEMANDED FOR THE GENOTYPE TEST AND THE RESULT AFTER MUCH PRAYER WAS AA. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT BECAUSE THIS PERSON IS MY ELDER SISTER AND I KNEW HER GENOTYPE TO BE AS FORMALLY.

TRUST GOD AND LEAVE DOCTORS AND YOUR KNOWLEDGE ALONE IN SOME MATTERS.

While i understand the place of faith, as well as testimonies of people being healed of one ailment or the other, I'd rather suggest that put your faith on the line, seek a miracle to change that person's health condition first before marrying him or her. Most people would have faith in order not to have SS children what about your spouse who is a carrier ? The same God who is able to prevent you from having SS Children don't you think he's more than able to change something as small as genotype ?

I could remember 2006 in Jos then, we had a program in church then and everyone was required to pray (mainly the prayer of faith, rejecting whatever that's in your life that you don't like) for themselves throughout the week, and there was the case of someone who had HIV and believed that it would leave, after praying he went to JUTH to confirm his healing and got his test result. His result was made available except that his name and other things that could reveal his identity was blurred out.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
blogger2tooker:

NO WONDER YOU ARE MISGUIDED. FINALLY THE TRUTH SURFACES YOU ARE A CATHOLIC. ECCLESIASTIUS INDEED. DARKNESS IS REALLY A DEEP BONDAGE AND YOU SIR ARE SO IN IT. I KNOW ECCLESIASTES AND NOT YOUR ECCLESIASTICUS. YOU ARE ALONE ON THIS ONE BROTHER

LUKE 5: 31 IS COMPLETE WHEN YOU INCLUDE VERSE 32 AND NOT JUST STOPPING AT VERSE 31. ONCE AGAIN LET ME COMPLETE IT FOR YOU; " THEY THAT ARE WHOLE NEED NOT A PHYSICIAN BUT THEY THAT ARE SICK. I CAME NOT TO CALL THE RIGHTEOUS, BUT SINNERS TO REPENTANCE.

THE WORD "SICK" USED BY CHRIST THERE IS NOT PHYSICAL SICKNESS BUT SPIRITUAL DETACHMENT FROM GOD WHICH WAS WHY HE CAME> TO TAKE AWAY THAT DETACHMENT.

WHEN CHRIST MENTIONED "PHYSICIAN" HE MEANT HIMSELF. WHY IS GOD CALLED JEHOVAH RAPHA? IT MEANS THE LORD OUR HEALER OR PHYSICIAN. SEE JEREMIAH 30:17; JEREMIAH 3:22; ISAIAH 30:26; ISAIAH 61:1; PSALM 103:3 .

LIKE I SAID EMBRACE THE LIGHT OF JESUS AND NOT ROMAN CATHOLICISM
You are so ignorant of the history of your religion and your bible that I don't know where to start. Do you know that Catholic church is the mother of every Christian religion? The bible you read and quote today was compiled by the catholic church.
You are possibly the most ignorant christian jingoist that I've come across. It's your likes who tells their followers to hope on God for a cure when they have medically curable diseases. Only to visit a hospital outside town when they have headache. I hope you don't take any drugs including vitamin c. Don't ever visit a hospital at any point in time in your life.
But pls keep your belief private and don't impose it on another person. Don't confuse passive followers of this thread with your misinformations.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Amazondepth(m): 9:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
blogger2tooker: GOD HAS A REASON WHY HE MADE ONE AA, ANOTHER AS AND ANOTHER SS, GODS LANGUAGE IS FAITH AND HE WANTS US ALL TO WALK WITH HIM IN FAITH AND NOT BASED ON WHAT DOCTORS SAY OR HEAD KNOWLEDGE. WE ALL CAME FROM GOD HENCE THE NEED FOR US TO DEPEND ON HIM. BUT MAN HAS ALLOWED HIMSELF TO BE BROUGHT UNDER TORTURE BY FOLLOWING THEIR OWN WAY.

IF YOU LOVE A WOMAN AND YOU SAY GENOTYPE PREVENTED YOU FROM GETTING MARRIED TO HER THEN YOU NEVER REALLY LOVED HER IN THE FIRST PLACE. tHE BIBLE SAYS "HUSBANDS LOVE YOUR WIFE AS CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH AND DIED FOR HER" THIS MEANS LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL. YOUR LOVE AND FAITH IN GOD PERFECTS ALL THAT YOU SEE AS WRONG. I KNOW A LADY WHOSE GENOTYPE WAS MIRACOULOSLY CHANGED FROM AS TO AA WHEN HER HUSBAND IS AS. EVERYBODY ADVICED HER AGAINST THE MARRIAGE BUT SHE WENT AHEAD. HER CHURCH HYPOCRITICALLY DEMANDED FOR THE GENOTYPE TEST AND THE RESULT AFTER MUCH PRAYER WAS AA. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT BECAUSE THIS PERSON IS MY ELDER SISTER AND I KNEW HER GENOTYPE TO BE AS FORMALLY.

TRUST GOD AND LEAVE DOCTORS AND YOUR KNOWLEDGE ALONE IN SOME MATTERS.
. See d kind of mentality that will keep so many permanently in bondage.After u go say na from village dem dey attack u.God has provided knowledge and wisdom yet u disregard it in d name of faith and miracle seeking.it is well with u but abeg don't go about deceiving pple cos sadly so many nigerians are gullible.

2 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 10:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
blogger2tooker:

TO YOU IT IS DOOM BUT TO A BELIEVER IT IS TRUTH. GOD MADE YOU IN HIS IMAGE AND AFTER HIS LIKENESS. ASK YOURSELF IS THERE A GENOTYPE DEFECT IN GOD? IF YOUR ANSWER IS NO THEN WHY THINK LESSER OF YOURSELF WHEN YOU ARE IN GODS IMAGE AND LIKENESS? THE ONLY CLAUSE GOD PLACED IN MARRIAGE IS THAT SHE MUST BE BORN AGAIN LIKE THE MAN AND VICE VERSA. THAT IS WHY GOD SIMPLY PUT IT THIS WAY "HE THAT FINDS A WIFE, FINDS A GOOD THING AND OBTAINS FAVOUR OF THE LORD" I SEE NO GENETIC CONDITIONS ATTACHED THERE. GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE BIBLE RIGHT FROM ABRAHAM WHEN HE MARRIED SARAH DID YOU READ OF ANY GENETIC CONDITIONS ATTACHED TO THEIR MARRIAGE? YET THEY OUTLIVED US. ENOUGH SAID!
You got it all wrong. See, you are confused. God does not make mistake; but nature do make mistake. The doctors are there to correct the mistakes of nature.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Toktee(m): 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2012
jude33084:

Pls be rational. A man of God that plans Ť☺ lead others Ť☺ their doom. angry
so many unbelievers,the poverty the devil has subject some of you to iz more worst than sicle cell,and he the devil has blinded you completely
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by gfay: 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2012
tobtap: it matter alot to know each other genotype,but from most AS-AS marriage dat i know of....the result is as follow
first child-AA
second child-AS
third child- AS
fourth child-SS
so judging by dis,it ok if u wont have more than two kids.....just my own opinion

PLEASE, Please, Please, I don't usually post but I d take this exception.... This Poster is 100% wrong , Infact moderator should delete this post..
The possibility of giving birth to an SS is 1/4 i.e 25%, but the truth is that you can have 10 children and they d all be SS and you can have 20 and they all be AA but the idea is to eliminate the probability of having an SS so dont take the risk PLease

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2012
ACM10:
You got it all wrong. See, you are confused. God does not make mistake; but nature do make mistake. The doctors are there to correct the mistakes of nature.

NATURE MAKES MISTAKES? WHO MADE NATURE? ISNT IT GOD? WHAT U SAID IN ESSENCE IS GOD MAKES MISTAKES! READ WHAT YOU WROTE AGAIN DOCTORS CAN NEVER CORRECT THE MISTAKES OF NATURE ONLY GOD CAN. WHY DO I SAY THIS? WITH GOD IT IS PERMANENT WITH A DOCTOR IT IS TEMPORARY. CHOOSE WHERE YOU BELONG. AND FYI I DO NOT TAKE MEDICATION NOT BECAUSE I CANNOT TAKE THEM IF I WISH TO BUT BECAUSE I HAVE COME TO REALISE WHO I AM AND HOW MUCH I AM LIKE GOD AS LONG AS I REMAIN IN HIM. BELIEVE IT OR NOT BUT THIS IS THE TRUTH.

YOU DO NOT KNOW ME BUT I WISH YOU DID. SINCE I TOOK THE DECISION TO BE FOR GOD 100%, FOR 15YRS I HAVE NEVER BEEN SICK NOR HAVE I BEEN HOSPITALIZED. HEADACHES ARE UNKNOWN TO ME, COLD AND CATARRH IS UNKNOWN TO ME. I AM NOT BRAGGING OR BOASTING IN MYSELF BUT TO THE GLORY OF GOD. BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT BUT I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE GOD.

2 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 10:13pm On Oct 18, 2012
ACM10:
You are so ignorant of the history of your religion and your bible that I don't know where to start. Do you know that Catholic church is the mother of every Christian religion? The bible you read and quote today was compiled by the catholic church.
You are possibly the most ignorant christian jingoist that I've come across. It's your likes who tells their followers to hope on God for a cure when they have medically curable diseases. Only to visit a hospital outside town when they have headache. I hope you don't take any drugs including vitamin c. Don't ever visit a hospital at any point in time in your life.
But pls keep your belief private and don't impose it on another person. Don't confuse passive followers of this thread with your misinformations.

I WILL NOT GO HERE WITH YOU BECAUSE IT ISNT WORTH IT AT THIS POINT.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by nagoma(m): 10:18pm On Oct 18, 2012
SS a really dreadful condition is preventable. All we need is marriage con selling and testing. Most of those who are AS and thinking of marriage to another AS have not been consoled properly. Funny they protest against marrying their sisters or cousins on no medical ground at all!
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 10:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
MANY PEOPLE FAIL TO REALISE THAT TOO MUCH KNOWLEDGE OUTSIDE GOD IS DEADLY. IT IS TOO MUCH KNOWLEDGE THAT MADE SCIENTISTS TO START BELIEVING IN THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION AND WHY MANY OF THEM ARE ATHEISTS. GET GOD AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FOLLOW.

WHAT IS SS THAT GOD CANNOT TAKE CARE OF? THE MAKER OF HEAVEN AND EARTH! HE DECLARED THAT HE IS THE GOD OF ALL FLESH AND HE ASKED YOU AND I IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT IS TOO DIFFICULT FOR HIM TO DO JEREMIAH 32:27

YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO BELIEVE GOD OR DISBELIEVE HIM. CHOOSE WELL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 10:26pm On Oct 18, 2012
blogger2tooker:

NATURE MAKES MISTAKES? WHO MADE NATURE? ISNT IT GOD? WHAT U SAID IN ESSENCE IS GOD MAKES MISTAKES! READ WHAT YOU WROTE AGAIN DOCTORS CAN NEVER CORRECT THE MISTAKES OF NATURE ONLY GOD CAN. WHY DO I SAY THIS? WITH GOD IT IS PERMANENT WITH A DOCTOR IT IS TEMPORARY. CHOOSE WHERE YOU BELONG. AND FYI I DO NOT TAKE MEDICATION NOT BECAUSE I CANNOT TAKE THEM IF I WISH TO BUT BECAUSE I HAVE COME TO REALISE WHO I AM AND HOW MUCH I AM LIKE GOD AS LONG AS I REMAIN IN HIM. BELIEVE IT OR NOT BUT THIS IS THE TRUTH.

YOU DO NOT KNOW ME BUT I WISH YOU DID. SINCE I TOOK THE DECISION TO BE FOR GOD 100%, FOR 15YRS I HAVE NEVER BEEN SICK NOR HAVE I BEEN HOSPITALIZED. HEADACHES ARE UNKNOWN TO ME, COLD AND CATARRH IS UNKNOWN TO ME. I AM NOT BRAGGING OR BOASTING IN MYSELF BUT TO THE GLORY OF GOD. BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT BUT I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE GOD.
Congrats! Pls can you ship out? Some people cannot do without medications. Don't confuse them.
BTW, I only tried to respect your religion by observing its sensitivities. I know that Christians recognise the supremacy of God. I might not necessarily share the same belief. I don't want to speak of who you worship in a disparaging manner. Just don't get it twisted.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 10:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
ACM10:
Congrats! Pls can you ship off? Some people cannot do without medications. Don't confuse them.

I AM NOT TRYING TO CONFUSE ANYONE. RATHER TO OFFER THEM A LIFELINE. A BETTER OPTION. A SWEETER DEAL. SIMPLY PUT, I OFFER THEM GOD AND JESUS CHRIST WHO DIED FOR THEM AND BY WHOSE STRIPES THEY WERE HEALED. THEY CANNOT DO WITHOUT MEDICATION BECAUSE THEY DO NOT KNOW THE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST AND THE CHRIST WHO FINISHED THE WORK. I THINK YOU WOULD DO WELL BY OFFERING THEM CHRIST AS WELL INSTEAD OF FURTHER BONDAGE AND PAIN.

1 Like

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by kcpumping(m): 10:33pm On Oct 18, 2012
Pls what of a person with genotype As aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ blood group o-
Can some one detail me on †ђξ merits aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ demerits of such a fellow.......urgently pls
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by crisycent: 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2012
It does matter!!!!!!!!!! No let your in-laws deceive you oooooo!!!
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Johncuba(m): 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
Hav rily learnt a lot 2nyt...My gfrnd for 4 yrs nw has d same genotype (AS) as i...Was actualy tinkin of takin d risk if marriage reaches,buh nw i fink i knw beta..Just dat we so much in luv dat we wud consider anyfin oda dan brking up...
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by stepone(m): 11:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
blogger2tooker:

YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION. THANKS FOR THE USE OF THE WORD "IGNORANT" . MY IDEA OF CREATING AWARENESS IS WHAT I AM DOING WHICH IS THAT YOU CAN MARRY WHOSOEVER YOU DESIRE REGARDLESS OF THE DOCTORS REPORT AS LONG AS YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD AND TRUST HIM. BUT IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE, THATS YOUR OPINION.

I just realise u can marry a chronic AIDS patient with 99% level of first class cancer with this opinion of urs. U really need to rethinking base on ur statement.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by remzytimer: 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2012
For AS-AS there is a possibility of them having the first two children without an SS but anyone thereafter will surely be an SS....So' its risky' beware!
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 11:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
stepone:

I just realise u can marry a chronic AIDS patient with 99% level of first class cancer with this opinion of urs. U really need to rethinking base on ur statement.

smiley CALL ME BONEHEADED I DON'T REALLY CARE AS LONG AS I AM A BONEHEAD FOR GOD. IF I FELL IN LOVE WITH AN AIDS PATIENT WHO IS ALSO A 99% CANCER PATIENT AND IT GOT TO MARRIAGE I WOULD DEFINITELY GO AHEAD AND GET MARRIED TO HER. SOME OF MY FRIENDS CALL ME AN EXTREMIST WHEN IT COMES TO WALKING WITH GOD BUT HEY WHAT CAN I SAY, SOME MOTHERS DO HAVE THEM.

I BELIEVE THAT GOD IS ABLE TO DO ANYTHING HE WANTS. WE ARE THE ONES FOOLISH ENOUGH TO LIMIT HIM. CANCER AND AIDS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST. MY FAITH CAN AND WILL HEAL MY WIFE IF SHE HAS SUCH ISSUES ALL I NEED TO DO IS BELIEVE GODS WORD. CAN IT BE ANY SIMPLER?

2 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by dayokanu(m): 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2012
Na wa oo
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Gracious10: 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2012
Harpesin:

Hardcore truth........try to confirm this on your own,go to your villa and count how many homes have SS patient compare to cities.... I stayed in the village for over 10years b4 coming to Lagos to hussle, all my years in the villa i only know of a boi wen i was in primary school who happened to be SS after that till i left that villa i did not see such again....this genotype of a thing does not exist or common in the villa, you see whom you love and you go ahead with the processing ....though i met mine in Lagos.....this SS of a thing is common with rich and its only God that knows while....Local herbs and roots will automatically turn the child to AA in the villa but in the city na una sabi ao una take dey gett am ooo.....I turst my brothers from Eastern part their mama go don arrange wife keep for them once they go home during xmas the next thing na to bring Chidinma to Lagos they dont consult any doctor to check for them if the genotype is dis or dat.....Am not saying its not real but not common as people are clamouring it and it has nothing to do with marriage if your faith in God is firm.......

This is so lame! If u aren't medically inclined, kindly keep this kind of opinion to ur self.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Sleekknight(m): 11:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
Mgbejume: My dear it does matter oh! My cousin was engaged to this guy, they dated for four years but when they were ready for marriage they went for their genotype test and both of them were AS,AS. They had to break up, u ll only bring children to this world that will suffer. Someone said it's better to live with an Aids patient that to live with a child that is an SS embarassed
on point
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Abali1(m): 11:46pm On Oct 18, 2012
mxxpunkxx!:

. . . then i pray she survives childbirth.

You are not her God.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Abali1(m): 11:52pm On Oct 18, 2012
Sleekknight: on point

Ignorance is actually a Disease. what is on point? Have you ever been close to any AIDS paitient? How can you even compare a genetic disorder that can be well managed with good diet and modern medicine to AIDS that doesn't have a known cure?
Next you will tell me that AIDS is better than cancer, or diabetes, or Asthma or HBP. Please stop the stigma cos you are not even better. Who knows the one you or your family member is suffering from?
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by WhyAWhy(m): 12:00am On Oct 19, 2012
blogger2tooker:

smiley CALL ME BONEHEADED I DON'T REALLY CARE AS LONG AS I AM A BONEHEAD FOR GOD. IF I FELL IN LOVE WITH AN AIDS PATIENT WHO IS ALSO A 99% CANCER PATIENT AND IT GOT TO MARRIAGE I WOULD DEFINITELY GO AHEAD AND GET MARRIED TO HER. SOME OF MY FRIENDS CALL ME AN EXTREMIST WHEN IT COMES TO WALKING WITH GOD BUT HEY WHAT CAN I SAY, SOME MOTHERS DO HAVE THEM.

I BELIEVE THAT GOD IS ABLE TO DO ANYTHING HE WANTS. WE ARE THE ONES FOOLISH ENOUGH TO LIMIT HIM. CANCER AND AIDS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST. MY FAITH CAN AND WILL HEAL MY WIFE IF SHE HAS SUCH ISSUES ALL I NEED TO DO IS BELIEVE GODS WORD. CAN IT BE ANY SIMPLER?

Folks like you make mockery of Christianity. Knowledge is available to prevent us from the agony of Ignorance. Christ didn't die that we will stand around obvious suffering and say... oya come deliver me oh.

PS: Your keyboard has a key called "CAPSLOCK", just hit it and it goes off. Thanks

Jesus raised many people from the dead... if I take myself go stand on top of 3rd mainland bridge and get crushed to death. Will Jesus come and raise me because afterall He's potent enough to do so?!!! Absolutely not.

It's a case of knowing the path that leads to something bad and intentionally walking into it.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Sleekknight(m): 12:19am On Oct 19, 2012
Abali1:

Ignorance is actually a Disease. what is on point? Have you ever been close to any AIDS paitient? How can you even compare a genetic disorder that can be well managed with good diet and modern medicine to AIDS that doesn't have a known cure?
Next you will tell me that AIDS is better than cancer, or diabetes, or. Asthma or HBP. Please stop the stigma cos you are not even better. Who knows the one you or your family member is suffering from?
.retard,I don't av time for u
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 12:20am On Oct 19, 2012
WhyAWhy:

Folks like you make mockery of Christianity. Knowledge is available to prevent us from the agony of Ignorance. Christ didn't die that we will stand around obvious suffering and say... oya come deliver me oh.

PS: Your keyboard has a key called "CAPSLOCK", just hit it and it goes off. Thanks

Jesus raised many people from the dead... if I take myself go stand on top of 3rd mainland bridge and get crushed to death. Will Jesus come and raise me because afterall He's potent enough to do so?!!! Absolutely not.

It's a case of knowing the path that leads to something bad and intentionally walking into it.

PS I DO KNOW ABOUT THE CAPSLOCK BUTTON BUT CHOOSE THE BOLD LETTERS INSTEAD. ON THE CONTRARY FOLKS LIKE YOU ARE A MOCKERY OF CHRISTIANITY. IF MY LIFE IS STRANGE TO YOU BECAUSE YOU CANNOT COMPREHEND IT LET ME LIVE THE LIFE I HAVE DELIBERATELY CHOSEN.

YOU WANT TO TELL ME THAT AS A CHILD OF GOD IF I AM STUCK IN A DESERT AND THE ONLY WATER AVAILABLE TO DRINK IS POISONED THAT I SHOULD NOT BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD THAT SAYS THAT IF I DRINK ANY DEADLY THING IT SHALL NOT HURT ME AND DIE OF THIRST? BE IT AIDS OR CANCER OR WHATEVER ELSE IS DEADLY, THESE PEOPLE ARE LOVED BY GOD SAME WAY YOU ARE. YOU CALL IT A BAD PATH BUT I CALL IT A FAITH PATH. IT IS A DELIBERATE PATH FOR ME BECAUSE I HAVE DELIBERATELY CHOSEN TO TRUST GOD. YOU SHOULD TRY IT SOMETIME.

2 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Abali1(m): 12:23am On Oct 19, 2012
Burger01:
My sister, a well managed HIV patient is better than any SS carier patient. I work in a clinical setup and deal with HIV patients. If they adhere strictly to medication they could live a better life like me and you and any of us. But for a sickle cell patient, that fear for crisis is always there. Trust me you don't wanna pray for SS child. Well, love is all that matters. If both partners can cope with SS child then it becomes their cup of tea. They may be Lucky not to have any SS child out of 2-3 children. If the love is unconditional then it really doesn't matter..

I don't care where you claim to be working, but please stop feeding the public with false myth.
Pray tell, how long can a AIDS patient who takes his/her drugs religiously have to live. You "mister working in a clinical setup" can you knowingly have canal knowledge with a AIDS patient?
There are sicklers out there who live a more healthier life than most people who think that they are healthy.
Sickle Cell Disease is a genetic disorder that can be well managed with good diet and modern medicine.
In case you are wondering I have been living with SCD for more than 30 years and I have achieved far more than your average Healthy person; academically, financially, and yes I have great reltionship with the opposite sex. Soon, by His Grace I will be tying the knot with my beloved.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Abali1(m): 12:25am On Oct 19, 2012
Sleekknight: .retard,I don't av time for u

your generation is the Slow poke. Anumpam. Keep playing god because you think you are healthy.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Sleekknight(m): 12:28am On Oct 19, 2012
Abali1:

your generation is the Slow poke. Anumpam. Keep playing god because you think you are healthy.
.fool.omo-ale
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Sleekknight(m): 12:30am On Oct 19, 2012
Abali1:

or is it my fault that 3 of your siblings are SS
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Abali1(m): 12:35am On Oct 19, 2012
Sleekknight: or is it my fault that 3 of your siblings are SS

My siblings are okay. I am SS.
Can you just quit playing god, cos I have lived and seen the so called "healthy Men and Women" get buried.
IT IS ONLY THE ALMIGHTY GOD THAT HAS THE FINAL SAY. NOT YOU

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Types Of Men You Meet In Lagos / Romance Section: Toast The One You Have Been Eyeing On Nairaland Here. No Charge / "get Married To Someone Who Loves You And Not The One You Love"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.