Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

How I Escaped Death Tonite - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Escaped Death Tonite (2581 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Escaped Death Tonite by adanny01(m): 7:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
Alenkakent: @ all, thanks for d contribution but I still insist that shifting my gear into brake was my last resort and I had to do it... I wasn't on a main road, I was already in my street and I was moving @ abt 10km/hr but d speed started increasing when d brake failed ... I tried d hand brake but it was not moving (stuck) and I just had to use the park which didn't work still but d reverse stopped d car...
I went back to d brake master yesterday morning and I discovered d guy who attended to me was still an apprentice but a senior cos he had about 4 other boys helping him which made me bliv he was d oga as they were calling him...
It was yesterday that I discovered the real oga who finally solved the problem... D right front wheel is still leaking tho so I'm yet to enjoy d brake...

Pls understand that am not trying to fault you or ridicle you. Panic is not a choice so i understand. I may be commenting like this but may still panic if faced with same situation.

One thing i think you didnt do right was to continously pump the brakes at the same time trying other things.
Re: How I Escaped Death Tonite by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
Seems u r very sympathetic
purplesummer: That was really a miracle, it could've been worse.
Re: How I Escaped Death Tonite by pannyman(m): 9:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
GAZZUZZ: "grin right front wheel is still leaking tho so I'm yet to enjoy d brake..."

Stop using that car untill you solve all the brake probems before it becomes a coffin.

Help me tell am. This guy is unbelievable.
Re: How I Escaped Death Tonite by Alenkakent(m): 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2014
adanny01:

Pls understand that am not trying to fault you or ridicle you. Panic is not a choice so i understand. I may be commenting like this but may still panic if faced with same situation.

One thing i think you didnt do right was to continously pump the brakes at the same time trying other things.
U kept saying I panicked ... I never panicked man...
My life is abt taking whatever comes my way as God's wish, so althru my ordeal with the brake failure, I never panicked..all I did was focus and try all d options I know ...
Re: How I Escaped Death Tonite by Alenkakent(m): 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
GAZZUZZ: "grin right front wheel is still leaking tho so I'm yet to enjoy d brake..."

Stop using that car untill you solve all the brake probems before it becomes a coffin.

Go read d comment again man... Didn't mention anywhere in dat comment that I'm still going out in d car... I noticed d leak and parked d car... Simple
Re: How I Escaped Death Tonite by adanny01(m): 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
Alenkakent:
U kept saying I panicked ... I never panicked man...
My life is abt taking whatever comes my way as God's wish, so althru my ordeal with the brake failure, I never panicked..all I did was focus and try all d options I know ...

What i think you should do is to admit that you will handle it better next time. May be you were lucky this time, you may not have it the same way next time.

I have been in your shoes. I lost brakes and there were cows all over the road, i chose a point and went through and didnt even have time to think of what to do. Right now i cant even remember if my handbrakes were working then, but i sure did not use it till i hit two cows of my choice. I chose where the cows were less dence and went through at almost 100km/h killing both. I didnt know then what i know now.
Re: How I Escaped Death Tonite by DECOtech(m): 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
Oooooooooooooh ...una no de hear word! All this road side clowns have killed many people with yeye advice. If you had come to me, I wld have let u drive ur car home with a better substance in ur brake fluid tank...
Something like strawberry juice.
Re: How I Escaped Death Tonite by Originalsly: 11:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
Poster....you need to take the car to a car mechanic and not a car medler. It looks like you would be quite happy when the leak is fixed....but what about the hand brake?....and seat belt? I know very little about cars except driving....but I find it very odd that you can engage reverse gear while the car is moving forward at a fast rate....but then again....I guess with your mechanic anything is possible.
Re: How I Escaped Death Tonite by Alenkakent(m): 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
adanny01:

What i think you should do is to admit that you will handle it better next time. May be you were lucky this time, you may not have it the same way next time.

I have been in your shoes. I lost brakes and there were cows all over the road, i chose a point and went through and didnt even have time to think of what to do. Right now i cant even remember if my handbrakes were working then, but i sure did not use it till i hit two cows of my choice. I chose where the cows were less dence and went through at almost 100km/h killing both. I didnt know then what i know now.

Well, thank God for ur life as u were able to impact on something like a cow @ 100km/hr... But I want on the expressway and I was moving @ less than 10km/hr so I don't see any reason to panic sir
Re: How I Escaped Death Tonite by Alenkakent(m): 8:40am On Aug 06, 2014
@ all, thanks for d comments and advise... My car is back in good shape and I can drive without d fear of bake failure now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: A Car With Wooden Interior. Hot Or Not? / Honda Malfunctions / Worn-out Or Bad Car Tyres Increase Fuel Consumption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.