Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? (31032 Views)

Why / Why Are Nigerians And Ghanians Rivals / Why Are Nigerians So Annoying On Facebook? This Is Getting Ridiculous. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Isiterere(m): 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
LarrySun: I'm not surprised; since our verbal communication has often remained badly ambiguous; we blame the government for everything evil. No one is ready to take responsibility for the defects of the society; instead, we make asinine (even evil) jokes to mask our discomfort. The first sign of headache can be a neckache. We may suddenly wake up one morning to find out that these unserious fiends are candidates for straitjackets who'd escaped the confinements of their mental asylums.

The theory that the crippled government is the cause of the imbroglio circulating all around the federation is, I feel, a somewhat too complacent half-truth; we are the architects of our own mishaps. The civilians allowed themselves to be held by the ears like rabbits and tossed into the thorns by imbeciles of higher echelons whose acidulated mien and balderdashing decadents has made them dizzy with their own intellectual altitude, all just for the paltry sum of thirty pieces of silver. I fear for the growing generations; for when even giants are toppled, what hope is there for the midgets?

We should rise up, take the bull by the flank and make our stands against these revolting oppressors among ourselves; the state of the nation has gone beyond the days of 'twinkle, twinkle little stars'...cracking jokes about our own misfortunes is a perfect show of 'suffering and smiling'.
I still prefer Patrick Obahiagbon, your post is meaningless

ALL IZZ WELL

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by DARock29: 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
if only we have good governance Naija would have been the best country to live-in in the world!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by imauri: 3:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
continentalceo:

We are not cowards, Lazy and bloodsucking people only you, your hometown peeps, friends, Family and everyone you know.. Now how do you like the sound of that? LOL

im sorry but Nigerians are cowards and majority are lazy ... it hurts don't it, but its the truth
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
ok
you've made your point
imauri:

fun loving in the face of mass extinction!... everything is fun to nigerians . do you see people in Liberia making fun of this? no? don't worry, id check back on u guys to see how funny it is when the bodies start piling up. SELF DENIAL AND IGNORANCE disguised as fun loving ...
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by chinkichun: 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
@op

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by declaro(m): 4:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
Tallesty1: I know but @least we should know where to draw the line. We are fun-loving-people, YES. It helps reduce tension.YES. But can it give us what we want? NO, is it really helping us? NO!. Our leaders are aware of our unseriousness and that is why they are looting us with pride. One terrible thing about us is this mentality of "If I Didn't Happen To You or Your Relative Then It Really Doesn't Concern You". It is very bad. We are not serious people and we prefer to spend time sending retweets of hashtags instead of taking real action. There was a time you cannot see a comment here without the #bringbackourgirls hashtagg. But now what happened? The girls have been forgoten. To blow hot air; shout and make noise is where we are perfect.We have remained silent for so long and failed to make our government accountable for so long and it is not and will never help us.

What do you want us to do then?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by declaro(m): 4:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ladystewie: ok
you've made your point

What do you want us to do then?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by declaro(m): 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
VivyGift: Sometimes it annoys me when I see some serious issues taken as a joke, instead of us to put our heads together probably to fight against it or find a solution to it.

Tell us what you want us to do and your solution.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by declaro(m): 4:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
LarrySun: I'm not surprised; since our verbal communication has often remained badly ambiguous; we blame the government for everything evil. No one is ready to take responsibility for the defects of the society; instead, we make asinine (even evil) jokes to mask our discomfort. The first sign of headache can be a neckache. We may suddenly wake up one morning to find out that these unserious fiends are candidates for straitjackets who'd escaped the confinements of their mental asylums.

The theory that the crippled government is the cause of the imbroglio circulating all around the federation is, I feel, a somewhat too complacent half-truth; we are the architects of our own mishaps. The civilians allowed themselves to be held by the ears like rabbits and tossed into the thorns by imbeciles of higher echelons whose acidulated mien and balderdashing decadents has made them dizzy with their own intellectual altitude, all just for the paltry sum of thirty pieces of silver. I fear for the growing generations; for when even giants are toppled, what hope is there for the midgets?

We should rise up, take the bull by the flank and make our stands against these revolting oppressors among ourselves; the state of the nation has gone beyond the days of 'twinkle, twinkle little stars'...cracking jokes about our own misfortunes is a perfect show of 'suffering and smiling'.

[size=28pt]Are you saying that we should revolt? Please tell us who you want us to revolt against.

It is better that way than causing war through revolting. The system will change as time goes on not too quickly but in a gradual process. You may not notice it but today is better than decade ago. Allow the system to work itself out please for the sake of the little peace we have now.
[/size]
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by declaro(m): 4:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ishilove:
We've been so badly beaten that we don't evem notice it anymore. That's rather depressing.

[size=28pt]It is better that way than causing war through revolting. The system will change as time goes on not too quickly but in a gradual process. You may not notice it but today is better than decade ago. Allow the system to work itself out please for the sake of the little peace we have now.[/size]
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
There was once a land
unknown, A people unseen , A destiny unborn .
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
olushowunm: @Op... When I saw this post, I thought you will talk about our general attitudes to work, society and ourselves... But I was surprised to read about one aspect of our unseriousness. Nigeria to me still have a long way to go, most of our youths believes in civil service jobs and thinks when you have it, you are made for life. People have stop dreaming, our people have wrong ethics to work, life and everything. All of us wants to wake up a Billionaire like Dangote but we are never ready to pay the price. We all want a just and equitable society but we are always not seen when the time comes to ask for those rights. In short I have come to to tagged Nigerians; "Cowards, lazy and Bloodsucking corrupt people"...

Pls Am excluded from the. We'... Am a totally different Nija specie from the common 'WE'.... So , pls. Don't generalise.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
olushowunm: @Op... When I saw this post, I thought you will talk about our general attitudes to work, society and ourselves... But I was surprised to read about one aspect of our unseriousness. Nigeria to me still have a long way to go, most of our youths believes in civil service jobs and thinks when you have it, you are made for life. People have stop dreaming, our people have wrong ethics to work, life and everything. All of us wants to wake up a Billionaire like Dangote but we are never ready to pay the price. We all want a just and equitable society but we are always not seen when the time comes to ask for those rights. In short I have come to to tagged Nigerians; "Cowards, lazy and Bloodsucking corrupt people"...

Pls Am excluded from the. We'... Am a totally different Nija specie from the common 'WE'.... I knw a lot of Nigerians are unserious and laidback bUt. Pls. Don't generalise.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by mindtricks: 12:18am On Aug 12, 2014
ITbomb: Nigeria is so large a country that happenings in some parts sounds like statistics in another. Until it happens to someone in the immediate community, that is when we know say water don pass garri.

Killings and bombing in the north sounds to people in the South like some Arcade shooting game which the Nigerian military are not playing well, the people killed end up as statistics.

Same with Ebola, people have this mentality that it is happening somewhere in some hospital in Lagos so no cause for alarm, until when the next dead body is in their Street.

For the demonstrations and bleeding for country, many still believe that people protesting are trying to protect their source of income, so if you are comfortable and independent of government contracts where you are, no time to protest. Na their turn to chop mentality, our turn dey come.
Nigerians can be very serious when activated with strong physical evidence (not news flash)

You must be a mindreader, well said!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by olushowunm(m): 1:50am On Aug 12, 2014
Amelian:

Pls Am excluded from the. We'... Am a totally different Nija specie from the common 'WE'.... I knw a lot of Nigerians are unserious and laidback bUt. Pls. Don't generalise.
. @Amelian, its good to read about that! Everybody knows that 80/20 rules applies to everything the 80% might be the majority while the 20% will always be the exceptions and which you think you are!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by olushowunm(m): 1:56am On Aug 12, 2014
continentalceo:

We are not cowards, Lazy and bloodsucking people only you, your hometown peeps, friends, Family and everyone you know.. Now how do you like the sound of that? LOL
. @ContinetalCEO, you don't need to take my submission personal because you think you are an exception to my submission. We are where we are because of choices we make in time past and we will still be here if we kept repeating the same mistakes! The height of ignorance is not acknowledging that you are one! Even the great Albert Einstein said and I quote ; "it is insanity to keep doing the same thing you do everyday and expect different results". Acknowledge your weakness and gain some strength... Take care!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by olushowunm(m): 1:59am On Aug 12, 2014
Ishilove:
I must disagree with you. Nigerians are resilient and very enterprising people. They are also following the footsteps of their leaders. The system is decayed but intead of fighting that decay, we are sitting behind computer screens and drawing funny cartoons.
. @OP... When resilience turns complacency what do you have? Go to China and India and see how people works their butts off! Nigerians are very lazy, they wake up everyday hoping to jam mega money to blow away at Ozone and Autolounge!
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by PrinceNwokeji: 6:07am On Aug 12, 2014
The writer of this post is the person that is not serious, not Nigerians. Fools making unnecessary general statements because you can post rubbish online. Be Careful.
Sen. Prince Nwokeji
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by krayzieklay(m): 8:08am On Aug 12, 2014
tandj: @op, I get the point u r trying to pass across but let me digress a bit.
Nigeria is d way it is now because of religion.
Religious leaders tell us to always pray and leave everything to God.
They tell us we should not let d devil know we r suffering hence d suffering and smiling charade.
A sick person, instead of him to go to hospital, will go to church or mosque Where religious leaders have turned into physicians and scientists.
U wanna ask question, they tell u to leave it to God.
Yes, it takes a serious minded folks to unsit a bad government.

Go to politics section here, instead of them to demand for a good leader, party affliation is their only problem.

U tend to start reasoning well, u will be termed anti-God. How bad can it be.
Just look at d replies up there.
D truth is in d next century, we r not going anywhere.
One thing that differentiate d developed countries from us is d mind.
We r yet to start using our mind. If we do, arab spring will be a baby spring compared to what will happen here.
Bros,I salute u.. Do u drink champagne? Coz I'm abt to order one for you.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by continentalceo(m): 10:38am On Aug 12, 2014
olushowunm: . @ContinetalCEO, you don't need to take my submission personal because you think you are an exception to my submission. We are where we are because of choices we make in time past and we will still be here if we kept repeating the same mistakes! The height of ignorance is not acknowledging that you are one! Even the great Albert Einstein said and I quote ; "it is insanity to keep doing the same thing you do everyday and expect different results". Acknowledge your weakness and gain some strength... Take care!

I still maintain that we nigerians are not lazy, cowards and bloodsucking people only you, your family, your friends and everyone you know...if it hurts so much try not to Generalise by Using words like "Nigerians" when making stupid comments like the one you initially made..
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Joshuadon: 12:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
wasted ma tym

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Maonyz(f): 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ebola Alert!!!

Learn How To Protect Yourself...

People, It is no longer a joke!

Ebola has no cure for now but there are measures you can take to prevent its spread among your loved ones...according to medical report!

HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM EBOLA VIRUS:

* Wash your hands with soap(ALOE LIQUID SOAP): Make it a duty to wash your hands regularly. Protect your palms from pollution and other environmental irritants(ALOE PROPOLIS CREME). Avoid all unnecessary contact.

* Use a good Hand SANITIZER ( FOREVER HAND SANITIZER): This should be done regularly and carry it with you everywhere you go. Teach everyone you know to do same. Buy for your children and loved ones to carry around. Being your brother's keeper isn't a choice anymore. The farther people you know are from Ebola virus, the farther away you are from it too!!!

* Disinfect Your Surroundings: The Virus cannot survive disinfectants, heat, direct sunlight, detergents and soaps. Clean up your laundry, dishes, floors and bathrooms. Use Forever ALoe MultiPurpose Detergent for this!

* Fumigate if you have pests: Fumigate your environment and dispose of the carcasses properly. The Cleaner your environments are now, the better for you!

* Eat foods that will boost your immunity: some are yoghurt, Sweet Potatoes, Fruits, Beef, Chicken Soup, Garlic, Oats etc. Take a glass of Aloe Vera Gel Drink daily and our Forever ImmuneBlend!

* Protect Yourself: Use protective gear if you go near or care for someone you suspect has Ebola. Its even better you call the medics to take charge because they are more trained for this!

* Report: Report any suspicious symptoms in yourself or anyone else IMMEDIATELY you notice them. Don't delay!

* Educate everyone(even your little ones): Tell your loved ones, neighbours, colleagues and domestic staff. You're safer when everybody around you is educated about Ebola Virus.

The listed items are very affordable. Ebola is the expensive one here!

To order for Aloe Liquid Soap, Aloe Propolis Creme, Forever Hand Sanitizer and Forever Aloe Multi Purpose Detergent-MPD:
Call/whatsapp: 08032776889
BBPIN: 2A5C1937
foreverbeautifulwithmma@gmail.com

To Learn more, like us on: http://www.facebook.com/foreverbeautifulwithmma

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tck2000(m): 11:05am On Jul 20, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Check This Pix! / Quotes That Can Change Your Perspective On Life(pictures) / 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.