Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP (31008 Views)

Senate Presidency: Tinubu Bows To Pressure, Dumps Akume / PDP Politicians Take Note: Buhari Didn’t Join PDP When He Couldn’t Beat Them / Amaechi's Deputy,tele Ikuru Concludes Plans To Join PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by NaLaugh: 6:08am On Aug 01, 2014
na dem sabi

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by kabba7(m): 6:10am On Aug 01, 2014
[quote author=reedbam] undecided GEJ was voted at the 2011 election not PDP. So what's the party fuss about

If this is all what the Nigerian politics is ?
If you have to be part of an evil cabal just to be in office .
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 01, 2014
dats power for u
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by WIZGUY69(m): 6:17am On Aug 01, 2014
darlingtonNYIG: come on stop typing blabs here, are such an illiterate to come online and spew rubbish. Bunch of uneducated critic who doesn't even know the art of politics talk more of governance
are yo referring to me?
in your life and after life don't ever quote me again.
thankyou. werey

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Rexnegro(m): 6:18am On Aug 01, 2014
If they like make they join efcc,ndlea etc na dem sabi...for me as a nigerian ? Me no send them o....I belong to GOD people's party...GPP !!!
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by tomakint: 6:21am On Aug 01, 2014
Politics - A game of wits, where everyone has a PRICE he/she can be bought! Truly, Jonathan is a smart politician.
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by fijiano202(m): 6:23am On Aug 01, 2014
Stewpid and corrupt youths...if u really want change,u vote for the individual that can do that regardless of his party...this is a sponsored rally

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by kokoA(m): 6:28am On Aug 01, 2014
Lol.. Funny people, you think all those heavyweights in PDP will sit down and watch the party handover their umbrella to Ribadu just like that? After all the efforts they've put in over the years to stabilise the party following the decamping of Nyako.. Ribadu may win the governorship election but certainly not under PDP.. He's the strongest contender in APC currently, so why abandon they party? I believe this report is powered by APC (The Nation newspaper) to boost Ribadu's popularity.. grin It will seem as if everybody is eager to get him because it's the best guy for the job, that will increase his popularity in Adamawa, then he will finally be handed over the APC broom and everybody would want to be associated with this "most sort after" guy.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by disloman(m): 6:32am On Aug 01, 2014
reedbam: undecided GEJ was voted at the 2011 election not PDP. So what's the party fuss about
My exact thot.If they claimed they love him n want development.Make him join either LP or UNPP,he go win.Don't believe this story as some goats always said.cheesy
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by bonka: 6:38am On Aug 01, 2014
LordVarys: Former Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, may join the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to contest the governorship election in Adamawa State, it has been learnt.

The decision followed intense pressure major stakeholders put on him to accept the party’s ticket.

Also, some extended family members, relations and associates have been asking Ribadu to use PDP as a platform to realise his governorship
disloman:
My exact thot.If they claimed they love him n want development.Make him join either LP or UNPP,he go win.Don't believe this story as some goats always said.cheesy
ambition.

Adamawa State youths, under the aegis of Concerned Youth for Good Governance, mounted pressure on Ribadu yesterday to defect to PDP for the governorship election.politics without principle

A source said relations, associates and friends have been mounting pressure on Ribadu in the last two weeks to join the PDP for the governorship race.

It was gathered that some of those solicited by the PDP leadership to convince Ribadu had earned the confidence of the former EFCC chief over the years.

Some of the stakeholders were said to be so desperate that they invoked God’s name to pressurise Ribadu.

The source said: “From the look of things, Mallam Ribadu may bow to pressure to join the PDP. His inevitable choice is informed by a bigger picture of saving Adamawa State from underdevelopment.

“The PDP may appear a bitter pill to swallow but the exit of ex-Governor Murtala Nyako has weakened the All Progressives Congress (APC), with most members defecting to PDP.

“If Nyako had been around, the APC governorship ticket would have been automatic for Ribadu. But the situation in APC in Adamawa State now is that former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar is now firmly in control of the party’s structure in the state. Given their antecedents, there is no way Atiku will allow Ribadu to be APC’s governorship candidate.

“Even if Atiku is forced to concede the APC ticket to Ribadu, he will win, but PDP will control the House of Assembly. We will then have a replica of the situation in Nasarawa State where Governor Umaru Tanko Al-Makura is at the mercy of the lawmakers.

“All these calculations make Ribadu’s defection to PDP a fait accompli. He is just waiting for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to issue guidelines.”

Also, youths in Adamawa State, under the aegis of Concerned Youth for Good Governance, yesterday mounted pressure on Ribadu to defect to the PDP for the governorship election.

The youths spoke at a rally and a media briefing at Lelewa Hotel in Yola, the state capital. The briefing was addressed by their chairman, Mallam Isa Toungo.

The youth leader urged the stakeholders to save Adamawa State from bad governance by giving Ribadu a chance to lead the state on the platform of the PDP.

He said: “We call on all well-meaning citizens of Adamawa State to support our crusade of saving the state from collapse.

“In a nutshell, the content of this initiative is to strengthen our corporate existence as a people of the state with historical background living together for over 200 years.

“As of now, part of the strategies to bring sanity into the state is closely related to bringing in a well-deserved person as its chief executive to steer the state out of the present mess.

“That personality should be a man of excellent moral background, proper orientation, integrity, unimpeachable character and with a good track record of service. These should be the qualities that would determine the future leadership of our state.

“It is in the light of the afore mentioned reasons and considering our present political and economic circumstance in the state that we call on Mallam Ribadu to come out and salvage our situation by agreeing to join the PDP and contest the governorship election.

“As we call stakeholders of the ruling PDP in the state, we assure him of our support and urge him to see all political parties in Nigeria as the same. So, a call to join the largest political party in Africa to bring the desired positive change to the people of Adamawa State has become necessary.

“This is more so because in the Nigerian political system, parties are only used as platforms for electoral purposes, not for ideological difference.”

Toungo also explained why Adamawa youths chose Ribadu for the PDP.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/adamawa-ribadu-may-bow-to-pressure-to-join-pdp/
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by lionduke(m): 6:49am On Aug 01, 2014
WIZGUY69: 1BOS ARE THE MOST BACKWARD AND UNEXPOSED TRIBE WHEN IIT COMES TO POLITICS, IS IT NOT THE SAME RIBADU THEY WERE CRITICIZING AND INSULTING BACK IN 2011? GEJ TILL INFINITY, VOTE PDP, lol.
THE FACT STILL REMAINS THAT THE NORTHERNERS ARE THE LANDLORDS AND LANDLANDYS OF PDP. THEY WILL KEEP ON USING THE IBOS TILL THEY ARE WORN OUT.

btw, Somebody should do something about EBONYI state o.
the only tarred road there is the road leading to the GOV'T house.
you can't be serious about ebonyi state, when was the last time you visited. please get your facts well.

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by gratiaeo(m): 6:52am On Aug 01, 2014
WIZGUY69: 1BOS ARE THE MOST BACKWARD AND UNEXPOSED TRIBE WHEN IIT COMES TO POLITICS, IS IT NOT THE SAME RIBADU THEY WERE CRITICIZING AND INSULTING BACK IN 2011? GEJ TILL INFINITY, VOTE PDP, lol.
THE FACT STILL REMAINS THAT THE NORTHERNERS ARE THE LANDLORDS AND LANDLANDYS OF PDP. THEY WILL KEEP ON USING THE IBOS TILL THEY ARE WORN OUT.

Yoruba foool. Tell me how APC will win 2015 election. You will always be a failure. In life you are a failure, political associate you are a failure. You will always fail until you learn how to respect other people opinion.
Dirty South West imbe-cile

16 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 01, 2014
Bisalam

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 01, 2014

Keep fooling urself

13 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Gbawe: 7:08am On Aug 01, 2014
Does this make sense to any intelligent person? Anyway, I think the entire world now appreciates that Nigerians are very sentimental and emotional folks easy to deceive, 'herd' and confuse ala 'boy with no shoes'.
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 01, 2014
This report is somehow misleading. That was how they reported Pat Utomi defecting to PDP which turned out to be false news.

Until I hear from Ribadu...I strongly doubt the veracity of this report.
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 01, 2014
kokoA: Lol.. Funny people, you think all those heavyweights in PDP will sit down and watch the party handover their umbrella to Ribadu just like that? After all the efforts they've put in over the years to stabilise the party following the decamping of Nyako.. Ribadu may win the governorship election but certainly not under PDP.. He's the strongest contender in APC currently, so why abandon they party? I believe this report is powered by APC (The Nation newspaper) to boost Ribadu's popularity.. grin It will seem as if everybody is eager to get him because it's the best guy for the job, that will increase his popularity in Adamawa, then he will finally be handed over the APC broom and everybody would want to be associated with this "most sort after" guy.. grin
You have a point bro... APC strategists may have smething on thEir sleeves because it was reported by pro-APC paper.

I dnt think Marwa will fold arms and allow "one small boy" hijack the party
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by brownsoldier(m): 7:37am On Aug 01, 2014

How long will you keep embarrassing your family? This level of idioccy no dey market o. This can only come directly from the factory. In your bid to get noticed you just displayed your ignorance for a a million members of NL to see. I have been to every western state. The only one with a better road network than Ebonyi is Ondo and Lagos. I would say don't be a foool but u probably cant help it

16 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Ogaboss27: 7:54am On Aug 01, 2014

whats your problem with the igbos?

9 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by gratiaeo(m): 7:59am On Aug 01, 2014
Gbawe: Does this make sense to any intelligent person? Anyway, I think the entire world now appreciates that Nigerians are very sentimental and emotional folks easy to deceive, 'herd' and confuse ala 'boy with no shoes'.
Gwawe my man aka long epistle writer, the tin get as it be o even Chukwumelige your man have withdraw his endorsement on Aregbesola educational policies.

5 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by 1Book(m): 8:01am On Aug 01, 2014
Election, in my country na padi padi, wayo wayo, arangee noni!
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Gbawe: 8:03am On Aug 01, 2014
gratiaeo:
Gwawe my man aka long epistle writer, the tin get as it be o even Chukwumelige your man have withdraw his endorsement on Aregbesola educational policies.

Who is this fool?
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 01, 2014
Ribadu did not bow to any pressure. I am sure, by now, Ribadu will be hustling for a meeting with the President, to pledge his loyalty and hear directly from the C-in-C that he is the anointed candidate of PDP in Adamawa. El rufai, Ezekwesili, Ribadu, Obj and co are critics of this government because they were not allowed to be active participants.

I pity the youths that kill themselves over these men.

Now that Nyako is gone, Atiku has inherited the APC structure in Adamawa grin Does this ring a bell? Atiku cannot be said not to contribute to Nyako's woe and eventual impeachment.

Now to the attack on Gen. Buhari; The amiable General has become a fishbone to the APC and Atiku in the realisation of their ambitions. It seems, all the big-wigs in APC want Atiku, but Buhari will command more votes at the general election. The only solution to this would be to retire the General forever and pave the way for their man Atiku.

APC e liars ronu!

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Descartes: 8:05am On Aug 01, 2014
Finally shocked cheesy
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Descartes: 8:08am On Aug 01, 2014
cy4: Rubbish
Rubbish Never vouch for any politician tongue
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by Descartes: 8:09am On Aug 01, 2014
“Even if Atiku is forced to concede the APC ticket to Ribadu, he will win, but PDP will control the House of Assembly. We will then have a replica of the situation in Nasarawa State where Governor Umaru Tanko Al-Makura is at the mercy of the lawmakers." shocked shocked shocked
PDP schooling the supporters of APC since their dubious Merger in 2013. tongue cool

5 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by deletrue: 8:09am On Aug 01, 2014
reedbam: undecided GEJ was voted at the 2011 election not PDP. So what's the party fuss about
Damn too perfect. How I wish every N/landers and most Nigerians are as correct as you are.
No Nigerian, under this circumstance, will mind political party but the individual. Welcome Ribadu. Come and work with GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by JUHABACH: 8:10am On Aug 01, 2014

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by jakiedudu(m): 8:16am On Aug 01, 2014
APC on the Brink of C... grin

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by simplynola(m): 8:23am On Aug 01, 2014
That was Marwa's miscalculation. Had it been he wasn't in a hurry to join PDP, he would have been the one to be tipped for the job, but now he has been relegated in pdp. He's just an ordinary member. The only value you have when you defect is in the defection party when your hand is raised up and everyone claps after that.......chikena
Re: Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP by TS2(m): 8:40am On Aug 01, 2014
This just crowns it. Politicians in this country are all the same. They are not driven by any ideologies, values, thought, dogma, philosophy, belief or line. If Ribadu had anything driving him crosscarpetting would not be the solution to the problem. Instead, he would stay in the party where there are commons visions and ideals and strategise on how to get it right and win power.

He is power hungry, and politics driven. Anyway is a way for him. How do you explain a man of integrity that has always opposed PDP since he left EFCC coming to join the party years after. Is it that PDP has finally become a beacon of virtue and value?

Given a chance, if I could vote in that election, I'd rather vote for a leprous known kleptomanic criminal, because thats what the person is. We know what he can do and not do. Unlike someone like Ribadu who poses to be a man of substance and is clearly not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Said Peter Obi Is An Opportunist - Seun Kuti (Video) / Zahra Buhari Indimi Poses With Her In-Laws (Photos) / El-rufai Visits Scene Where Many Were Killed, Promises To Punish Perpetrators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.