Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,706 members, 7,802,102 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now (70691 Views)

The Secrets And Riches In Storage Business / Hidden Profit In Egusi (melon) Business / Egusi (melon) Farming live from my ogbonge farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 12:24am On Aug 05, 2014
FarmTech:
What are the requirements of being a local agent? Do they hav an associatn? I'll also like u to talk more on the strategy olam nig used.
i dont have idea on how to become the local agent but the agent have union. A visit to the market will give you more insight.

I cant openup for you on olam nig, they are already part of us fully (sesame business) sorry for that
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by stagger: 2:21am On Aug 05, 2014
FarmTech:
What is this sesame self?

Sesame seed is also called benniseed, or "ridi" in Hausa. It is an oily seed with many food and industrial uses. A collaboration between MARKETS (an agribusiness oriented NGO) and OLAM Nigeria Ltd (a multi-billion dollar commodity buying company) has ensured that sesame farmers in Nasarawa state get a guaranteed market for their product by supplying same to OLAM. I personally want to go into it next year as the return on investment approaches 65% with good agric practices.

I just dey gather some kind money to hit this business on a commercial scale.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by churchmind: 8:30am On Aug 05, 2014
Bros, how is the melon is it wit d charf
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by churchmind: 8:32am On Aug 05, 2014
I mean hw it's stored
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
stagger:

Sesame seed is also called benniseed, or "ridi" in Hausa. It is an oily seed with many food and industrial uses. A collaboration between MARKETS (an agribusiness oriented NGO) and OLAM Nigeria Ltd (a multi-billion dollar commodity buying company) has ensured that sesame farmers in Nasarawa state get a guaranteed market for their product by supplying same to OLAM. I personally want to go into it next year as the return on investment approaches 65% with good agric practices.

Well said and sesame is our main targeted commodity. We are unable to meetupwith the higher demand of sesame by our numerous international buyers but this year will be differ as we put all measure and increase our sources base now.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by cashweather: 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
dav8id: Before the Nairaland data loss i have wrote a small post regarding this business EGUSI STORAGE BUSINESS.

Its nothing but its just a kind of business were you buy egusi at cheap price during the harvest time (now ) at farm gate price directly from farmers through local purchase agent , then store the egusi for 2 to 3 months or more months for reselling at 100 to 300% profit.
The longer your store the higher the profit. Last year we invest in this business by buying size 29 bag of egusi at 12k and then resell at 28k by november same year while some sell same size of bag at 48k around march this year.

Current price of size 29 bag of egusi is now is 13k .Note agro produce price are not stable and egusi price might likely increase or decrease as the case maybe.

Why egusi storage business?
You dont need marketing. Yes buyers are always around to buy from you whenever you want to sell it.the demand is morethan the supply.
You buy at the egusi market, you store it at same market, buyer come to same market from different state and buy from you in same market.

You buy directly from local purchase agent whom charge you commission per bag. You will be incharge of your money.you will be there when the agent is making the purchase for you but its more profitable if you can release money to the agent to go into the remote area and make the purchase for at a very killer price .thats is my style.

You make the purchase, you store the egusi in the store and pay for the store fee, you walk away, when the price increase the agent wil alert you and you give order for the resel simple.

Location Lafia in Nasarawa state.

I will be updating this thread with the latest news of the market.

All question should be drop here.

Others commodities like maize.soya beans are yet to be in the market.

For help call 07037781319
dav8id: Before the Nairaland data loss i have wrote a small post regarding this business EGUSI STORAGE BUSINESS.

Its nothing but its just a kind of business were you buy egusi at cheap price during the harvest time (now ) at farm gate price directly from farmers through local purchase agent , then store the egusi for 2 to 3 months or more months for reselling at 100 to 300% profit.
The longer your store the higher the profit. Last year we invest in this business by buying size 29 bag of egusi at 12k and then resell at 28k by november same year while some sell same size of bag at 48k around march this year.

Current price of size 29 bag of egusi is now is 13k .Note agro produce price are not stable and egusi price might likely increase or decrease as the case maybe.

You dont need marketing. Yes buyers are always around to buy from you whenever you want to sell it.the demand is morethan the supply.
You buy at the egusi market, you store it at same market, buyer come to same market from different state and buy from you in same market.

You buy directly from local purchase agent whom charge you commission per bag. You will be incharge of your money.you will be there when the agent is making the purchase for you but its more profitable if you can release money to the agent to go into the remote area and make the purchase for at a very killer price .thats is my style.

You make the purchase, you store the egusi in the store and pay for the store fee, you walk away, when the price increase the agent wil alert you and you give order for the resel simple.

I am really impressed with this, i will like to invest.

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by cashweather: 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
Good evening bro,i will like to invest on dis , but am really far from Lafia. Nice Job.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by FarmTech(m): 9:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
dav8id:
i dont have idea on how to become the local agent but the agent have union. A visit to the market will give you more insight.

I cant openup for you on olam nig, they are already part of us fully (sesame business) sorry for that
Thanks for the reply.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by FarmTech(m): 9:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
dav8id:

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by FarmTech(m): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
stagger:

Thanks v much. Such a union is exactly what farmers need - ready market.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
Boss Dav8id weldone sir, pls is their any risk in this biznes?

You knw pple say what hv advantage also hw disadvantage.

Hw do i sell it? is it the agent that will help me re-sell it

Is their a chance for me to meet you in person?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
LONGFELLOW02: Boss Dav8id weldone sir, pls is their any risk in this biznes?

You knw pple say what hv advantage also hw disadvantage.

Hw do i sell it? is it the agent that will help me re-sell it

Is their a chance for me to meet you in person?

Life entirely is risk. You dont need marketing to resell it. Thats why i said you need someone in the market to monitor the price movement for you.
You already store it in the public store in the market or you rent a room and store. When the price raise, your price monitor or agent whatever will alert you and you do what you think is the best to resell your storage.
Every month go done the price increase .eg we are in august now and the price is cheaper now.once we enter september the price increase. Note you have to becareful when buying cuz you might endup buying undry egusi whice its not good for storage but if you can have a means of drying it then buying undry egusi is the more profitable but you will redry it for just two days after buying.
The local agents have a means of detecting dry and undry egusi.

Customers from different state visit the market in large numbers for purchase. You can resell your product whenever you want but the longer you store the higher the profit percentage.
A visit to lafia will give you more insight.

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 12:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
Update...

As for today and as for this moment there is price increase of egusi in alamis market in lafia. The current selling price is 18k as for this moment of today.
5k increase from last week to today.
We are making progress
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by charony(m): 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2014

PLEASE, HOW MANY KG IS IN THE SIZE 29 BAG? Please what is the cost of transporting to Anambra state? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT SIZE 29 BAG IS LIKE. THANKS
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 2:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
dav8id:
Life entirely is risk. You dont need marketing to resell it. Thats why i said you need someone in the market to monitor the price movement for you.
You already store it in the public store in the market or you rent a room and store. When the price raise, your price monitor or agent whatever will alert you and you do what you think is the best to resell your storage.
Every month go done the price increase .eg we are in august now and the price is cheaper now.once we enter september the price increase. Note you have to becareful when buying cuz you might endup buying undry egusi whice its not good for storage but if you can have a means of drying it then buying undry egusi is the more profitable but you will redry it for just two days after buying.
The local agents have a means of detecting dry and undry egusi.

Customers from different state visit the market in large numbers for purchase. You can resell your product whenever you want but the longer you store the higher the profit percentage.
A visit to lafia will give you more insight.

Thanks so much sir,

pls sir can you teach me hw you make money 4rm ginger and garlic. . My friend hv it in his cocoa farm but we dn't knw hw to turn it to cash is just wasting dier.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
dav8id: Update...

As for today and as for this moment there is price increase of egusi in alamis market in lafia. The current selling price is 18k as for this moment of today.
5k increase from last week to today.
We are making progress

Boss the price don increase o. .am planing to visit lafia on Monday or Tuesday. . Is it ok to buy@18k per bag? Hw much is undry egusi per bag for nw?

Which day is dier market day?

I hope the price will nt be too high by Tuesday o
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 6:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
charony:

PLEASE, HOW MANY KG IS IN THE SIZE 29 BAG? Please what is the cost of transporting to Anambra state? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT SIZE 29 BAG IS LIKE. THANKS
Go through the post u will see how many kg.
No idea of transportation fare.
Only buy,store and resell at same market point.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by olaeffect(m): 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
How can I invest please?

Sorry to come in this way. But some have the idea but no cash, some have cash but no idea. lf we can just collaborate together we can do good business in this country but we are just too infested with dishonest people.

But I know there are still a few good men out there.

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
LONGFELLOW02:

Boss the price don increase o. .am planing to visit lafia on Monday or Tuesday. . Is it ok to buy@18k per bag? Hw much is undry egusi per bag for nw?

Which day is dier market day?

I hope the price will nt be too high by Tuesday o

At this moment price is 19200 naira.

The price will still come down any when rain fall on market day and disturb the market day...august is the best month to buy when we are out of august.from september down the price will really shot up...raining determind the price.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by stagger: 7:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
dav8id:

The price will still come down any when rain fall on market day and disturb the market day...august is the best month to buy when we are out of august.from september down the price will really shot up...raining determind the price.

Hmm. This is beginning to sound like trading on the floors of the commodity markets.

4 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 8:03am On Aug 08, 2014
dav8id:

Ok sir, Pls update us when the price come down.

Boss is it good to buy in garaku nasarawa state?

Pls teach me hw i can market ginger nd garlic?

When are you goin to be in lafia so that we can meet there?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 10:10am On Aug 08, 2014
LONGFELLOW02:

Ok sir, Pls update us when the price come down.

Boss is it good to buy in garaku nasarawa state?

Pls teach me hw i can market ginger nd garlic?

When are you goin to be in lafia so that we can meet there?
You can buy it any location but i insisted in those market cuz customers follow you down to the market . No need of marketing.

No need of meeting me bro, u are in garaku then u nt far from lafia.its do it urself business.,
I already met with some few silent follow and am waiting to meet the last person and also d young big importer who also built a great.....dat is also hot sell item here on nairaland lolz grin
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 10:13am On Aug 08, 2014
stagger:

Hmm. This is beginning to sound like trading on the floors of the commodity markets.
The price of going up and coming down is only for this month of august, once the price shot up in middle september .then its up for real.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
dav8id:
You can buy it any location but i insisted in those market cuz customers follow you down to the market . No need of marketing.

No need of meeting me bro, u are in garaku then u nt far from lafia.its do it urself business.,
I already met with some few silent follow and am waiting to meet the last person and also d young big importer who also built a great.....dat is also hot sell item here on nairaland lolz grin

ok My boss, I believe i will meet you one day. .

Am not staying in garaku, am in dutse abuja.

Pls Oga can you connect me with any of ur reliable agent that can alert me when the price come down so that he or she can book for bags down for me, i will just rush to lafia and pay him or her.

I dn't want pple to cheat me because am nt hearing hausa language.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 12:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
My budget for bag is 15k. . Can i still get it@that rate
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by kentochi(m): 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
See good business
God where is cashooooooooooo!

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by olaeffect(m): 9:39am On Aug 10, 2014
kentochi: See good business
God where is cashooooooooooo!

Money dey where money dey ooo.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 9:45am On Aug 11, 2014
UPDATE...

Current price at today market is 18k...
@mankind halla me if you get this info. Try calling but your number is not reachable.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 11:08am On Aug 11, 2014
@Op pls stick to the cash and carry style for now until you finally win the agent trust before you may think of buying from remote areas.
As for now no local agent wil even accept the idea of traveling to the remote area,cuz the road network is not even good as most of the bridges are covered by water .geting access wil be very difficult.

Make all your purchase in the market..

I want to salute all the silent follower thats also make a move and invest while some are still planning to..

August is the best time..

Current price is 18k....

Recommended market is Tuesday market called Ashangba market
And thursday market called KASUWA ALAMIS is located in heart of lafia and the name of the area is called Tudun gwandara grin .

Ina zuwa

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Gbengazzee(m): 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
Am surprise that the price of Melon has gone up. As at today a bag of size 32 is going for 30,000 in Nassarawa Market.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 10:43am On Aug 12, 2014
another nairalander hit lafia today.i just got a call from another nairalander that hes in lafia now and about to visit Ashangba Market and promise to update us with the latest news in the market.
I cant call my agent in the market to confirm the current price due to no mtn network in the market location. But he promise to call me with another network and update me.

Finger cross..

So far so good six nairalander exclude i and mankind invested and we are waiting to see if a nairalander that visit lafia today wil invest and if he do,then the number will be seven nairaland...

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
Update...

A nairalander that visit ashangba market today just told me that size 31 bag of egusi goes for 22k and he purchase 3 bags.. According to him there is no size 19 bag in the market today...

With this record its now seven nairalander that invest in egusi storage business exclude i and mankingd.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

PHOTOS: A Really Big Bush Meat A Nairalander Killed At His Farm / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / The Major Garri Processing Machines With Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.