Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. (33124 Views)

ANTI-GAY LAW: We’ll Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Law – United States / America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal / Uganda's Ugliest Man, Godfrey Baguma Welcomes 8th Child With His 2nd Wife (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
kobonaire: no I was referring to "polygamy on the DL" and not bigamy ... calm down sister ... did you not drink your Starbucks this morning? grin

Like I told you. What was described. Was bigamy. Sorry you're so adverse to correction. Luckily for me, that's your problem and not mine. Continue derailing though. I'll be over here.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by realbee(m): 4:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
MrKnowitall:

Depends on the state. If you go to a state like Utah, you can have as many wives as you want.
and does that change the fact that the government of those states are 'interfering' in a consensual relationship between agroup of people? If a man decided to marry 2 wives, if those women are ok with it, their government is denying them 'their freedom of association' by intefering. You know why the law was made? bigamy/polygamy is alien to the west, it is against their culture and will unbalance their society. these laws have been in place for decades, you 'human rights criers' sees nothing wrong with it. now that african countries try to stop something that is alien and dangerous for our society, u just remembered their is human rights. Must we always copy the west? this is not about religion, homosexuality is a taboo in any african society, its against our culture, tradition and family, dont tell me some people have been like that from birth because I can also tell you baba mulika that has 4 wives is also a natural polygamist, a single woman cant just satisfy him, that is his 'nature'. nobody is born gay, they choosed a wrong lifestyle which needs to be rejected for the sake of our future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by kobonaire(m): 4:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya: No "current" politician? I guess you found something.
Education is worth the money.
eh heh....I don catch you ... before Internet/satellite tv American go talk anything and we just go believe, but now we have the power too
grin
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
KiKatanga: Then they massively increase the risk creating a child with potentially debilitating birth defects whose disabilities are a burden on the state and who is the victim of the union.

Tell them again. They have trouble hearing.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by bejeria101(m): 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
Cowards...what did i expect,pls stick ur usb in the next man you see.ode oshi
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by lonelypal(m): 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
Symphony007: It gives me great joy that there are still countries in africa with a judiciary that does it job without sentiments or personal feelings. No country on earth can have a constitution which protects fundamental human rights then go ahead to criminalize freedom of expression. It is ridiculous and no judiciary will stand for that. Nigeria should take note. Our supreme court must strike down ours if it gets to their desk. If our governments wants it's anti gay law to stand, then it should do a constitutional amendment were fundamental human rights is removed then a law like that can stand. But you can't claim to protect human rights and put people in jail for living their lives because you don't like how they do it. It's a mockery of constitutional democracy. You can't eat your cake and have it.

U have no idea or inkling what Fundamental human rights entails. Human rights goes beyond what you are entitled to do on ur own free-will, are u aware ur rights are limited and can be withdrawn on certain occasion.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
realbee:
and does that change the fact that the government of those states are 'interfering' in a consensual relationship between agroup of people?

It's about. Money. America. Worships. The Dollar. Ok?

Irrelevant to topic.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by BetaThings: 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
KiKatanga:

No thank you, are you not God-fearing? Do you not believe that Jesus said "Let he who is without Sin cast the first stone"? Do you think so little of God that he cannot judge and smite for himself?

If you claim to be Christian and wish to punish gays on God's behalf surely you are a hypocrite?
I am not a christian
but that is irrelevant.

We are killing terrorists, jailing paedophiles etc
So every member of the society (including you) that punishes criminals must be guilty of what you have written
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by hercules07: 4:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
Human rights is a funny thing, especially when you put it in your constitution, Nigerians love their rights as long as it is their own, they do not care if other people lose theirs, as long as their own right is guaranteed, they are fine. I see people comparing Polygamy, bigamy and homosexuality, I hope those people saying all these things know that the fight on homosexuality in the US is about marriage and not necessarily about being gay, marriage in North America confers on you some significant advantages (should be more than 50) and the gays were being denied these rights. I am of the opinion that what two consenting adults get to do behind their closed doors are of no concern to me.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by BetaThings: 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

That is BIGAMY. Bigamy is illegal EVERYWHERE in the world, if I'm not mistaken.
It is not in Nigeria
President Jonathan even has two
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya: He's still coming back, though no one is talking to him. Back with more lengthy copy and paste. He must dominate this thread by force or by fire.

Why do you care about me so much?

I already schooled you multiple times on different threads and you never had answers. Yet you go everywhere throwing subliminal. Even the kontaga phaggot on this thread isn't even on my level.

Are you obsessed with the God's son?
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
lonelypal:

U have no idea or inkling what Fundamental human rights entails. Human rights goes beyond what you are entitled to do on ur own free-will, are u aware ur rights are limited and can be withdrawn on certain occasion.

The stupidity in this thread is head-splitting.

Go look up fundamental human rights. Like, how is this possible? How do people like you function? With this this amount of stupidity?
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by cocoduck: 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
It is quite obvious that Uganda removed the law because of blackmail
but Nigeria's case is different. that blackmail will not work here
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by hercules07: 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
lonelypal:

In a sane society, your human rights are fundamental and can not be withdrawn even in jail, you do have those rights.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by omajali2003(m): 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
. undecidedNigerian gays and lesbians on NL are so happy to hear this news. They call it "fundamental human right"

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by diamond4life: 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
africa sha, we leave the real issue affecting our society, & that will still affect our future (e g bribery, corruption, under-development, insurgency, poor infrastucture etc) and we keep on challenging human right limits - oga o. can anybody tell me which will affect him\her more, a gay or a corrupt judge that collect bribe.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
To all the exponents of the anti gay law, the only yardstick for prohibiting an act is the negative impact on people and the society. Tell us one single reason for prohibiting two adults from their sex orientation. Wait, when government gets into things u eat in ur kitchen, thats when u realize that government is infringing into ur rights.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
BetaThings:
I am not a christian
but that is irrelevant.

We are killing terrorists, jailing paedophiles etc
So every member of the society (including you) that punishes criminals must be guilty of what you have written

If you are not Christian, why do you judge people based on their bedroom antics? Presumably there's some book or other by which you hate?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
BetaThings:
It is not in Nigeria
President Jonathan even has two

BIGAMY IS NOT POLYGAMY.

Open a new window on the browser you are currently using for Nairaland and LOOK. IT. UP.

There is no reason for you to be this wrong on the Internet.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by MarshRiley(m): 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
If your dad had slept with another man,will you have bin born?ok you'll say they'll adopt kids,is that kids right not bin trampled on?cos he can't decide weda to be raised by a straight parent or be raised to be a gay
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by BetaThings: 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
hercules07: Human rights is a funny thing, especially when you put it in your constitution, Nigerians love their rights as long as it is their own, they do not care if other people lose theirs, as long as their own right is guaranteed, they are fine. I see people comparing Polygamy, bigamy and homosexuality, I hope those people saying all these things know that the fight on homosexuality in the US is about marriage and not necessarily about being gay, marriage in North America confers on you some significant advantages (should be more than 50) and the gays were being denied these rights. I am of the opinion that what two consenting adults get to do behind their closed doors are of no concern to me.

we care about the rights of the Chibok girls to live freely
and the right of everyone to lead a life that promotes decency well being, posterity and is devoid of revolting conduct

H.o.m.o.s .i.c.k whose lifestyle predisposes them to HIV and other risks constitute a potential drain on tax payer pulse
and their lifestyle is so repulsive and abnormal
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
hercules07: Human rights is a funny thing, especially when you put it in your constitution, Nigerians love their rights as long as it is their own, they do not care if other people lose theirs, as long as their own right is guaranteed, they are fine. I see people comparing Polygamy, bigamy and homosexuality, I hope those people saying all these things know that the fight on homosexuality in the US is about marriage and not necessarily about being gay, marriage in North America confers on you some significant advantages (should be more than 50) and the gays were being denied these rights. I am of the opinion that what two consenting adults get to do behind their closed doors are of no concern to me.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Chatters(f): 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

Utah doesn't allow polygamy? Provide links.

Polygamy in modern day america? Think again.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chatters:

Polygamy in modern day america? Think again.

Try educating yourself. You have a browser. Use it.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by xp17(m): 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
kobonaire: true, so that's effectively polygamy on the DL ... legally married to one while maintaining common law marriage to another (others). It still proves that polygamy is illegal in he states.
its illegal does not makes it punishable by law. in the state of Utah you can marry as many you wanna.

gay marriage is not totally legal in the US. in some places It's illegal, yet it's not punishable in those regions. I have seen guys moved from las Vegas to los Angeles to marry and come back to start living as couple. no one get 14years jail term, except poses a threat to another person.

I hate backward thinking

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
MarshRiley: If your dad had slept with another man,will you have bin born?ok you'll say they'll adopt kids,is that kids right not bin trampled on?cos he can't decide weda to be raised by a straight parent or be raised to be a gay

Could you decide whether to be raised by a straight parent or by a gay?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by simdam500(m): 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

The good stuff starts on page 5 through to page 10/11
https://www.nairaland.com/1816160/malawi-officially-suspends-anti-homosexuality-laws/5

Knock yourself out.
nice tanx for the link

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Reference(m): 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
KiKatanga:

The birds aren't trying to have sex with me.

Hmm. I hope they don't start demanding their rights to very soon.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by hercules07: 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
BetaThings:

we care about the rights of the Chibok girls to live freely
and the right of everyone to lead a life that promotes decency well being, posterity and is devoid of revolting conduct

H.o.m.o.s .i.c.k whose lifestyle predisposes them to HIV and other risks constitute a potential drain on tax payer pulse
and their lifestyle is so repulsive and abnormal

So many things constitute a drain on tax payer's purse, your government is a drain, schools are same, as long as they are citizens, they should have access to these things, the lifestyle is repulsive and abnormal to you, but to others, some of your lifestyle is repulsive to them, live and let live.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by chilecharis(f): 4:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
whether human beings decide 2 call evil good,it doesn't change God's standard...one thing is sure,d judge of all awaits all of us...let evryone prepare his/her case 4 dat great day
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 4:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
Reference:

Hmm. I hope they don't start demanding their rights to very soon.

They are welcome to their rights, I still have the right to politely decline.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2014
hercules07:

So many things constitute a drain on tax payer's purse, your government is a drain, schools are same, as long as they are citizens, they should have access to these things, the lifestyle is repulsive and abnormal to you, but to others, some of your lifestyle is repulsive to them, live and let live.

Bruv, and if the lifestyle is going to cause more problems(especially the ones you don't have the capacity/capability to contain), don't you think there should be a control mechanism?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

Fatou Toufah Jallow: I Was Raped By Yahya Jammeh / Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed / Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.