Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:22 AM

BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. (33076 Views)

ANTI-GAY LAW: We’ll Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Law – United States / America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal / Uganda's Ugliest Man, Godfrey Baguma Welcomes 8th Child With His 2nd Wife (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by xp17(m): 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chatters:

Polygamy in modern day america? Think again.
Utah is populated by the Mormons and its part of their religion. sorry, I don't have link, because I have been there

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by HandOfChukwu: 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya: Oh! Lol I was late. Props OP.

Ugandan Anti-Homosexuality Act Struck Down By Constitutional Court
Posted on Aug. 1, 2014, at 6:14 a.m.
J. Lester Feder
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/ugandan-anti-homosexuality-act-struck-down-by-constitutional
What was that white woman doing in the Ugandan court? I swear to god i hate white people.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
SirShymex: Muthaphuck phaggots - I went to naij last December and I was scared to even get a haircut, due to HIV. Exchanging body fluid with the chics was like a suicide mission - I had to get drunk before even going near any chic, despite how good they looked.

Now imagine allowing homos to run around with the epidemic, and turning that continent to South Africa x3. That means I'll never go back there till the end of time.

Phaggots, stay out of Africa with ya problems. A nyggah needs to go to the motherland and chill sometimes.
lol dude youre funny as hell you truly sound like a cheif keef wanna 'bla bla bla' mumbling a55 n199a
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by kobonaire(m): 4:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
xp17: its illegal does not makes it punishable by law. in the state of Utah you can marry as many you wanna.

gay marriage is not totally legal in the US. in some places It's illegal, yet it's not punishable in those regions. I have seen guys moved from las Vegas to los Angeles to marry and come back to start living as couple. no one get 14years jail term, except poses a threat to another person.

I hate backward thinking
yes, polygamy is illegal in the US and yes the act of polygamy is not prosecuted by law enforcement in the US. I have been saying that from the beginning of this thread. So save your rant for the other homophobes on this thread.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by BetaThings: 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
KiKatanga:

If you are not Christian, why do you judge people based on their bedroom antics? Presumably there's some book or other by which you hate?
The same book that tells you not to accuse falsely
You say you don't like sodomy but you don't mind it in others
And I said that you should hate(love) for others what you hate(love) for yourself
Now suddenly I am the one hating

Anyhow I despise h.o.m.o.s.i.c.k.n.e.s.s -its exponents, its apologists, its practitioners,
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by hercules07: 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
SirShymex:

Bruv, and if the lifestyle is going to cause more problems(especially the ones you don't have the capacity/capability to contain), don't you think there should be a control mechanism?

On Homosexuality, the same restraints that are in place for heterosexuals should be in place, I do not think homosexuals should even fight to get married in Nigeria anyway, there is no benefit to marriage in the country even for heterosexuals, wives are treated like dirt, might is right in Naija, I just think the congress should not have enacted that law, it was short sighted.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
HandOfChukwu: What was that white woman doing in the Ugandan court? I swear to god i hate white people.

That's funny because since they have all of the money, hygiene, security and education you want for Nigeria, they must be doing something right...

Stop hating start learning.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
mrsirdam:
lol dude youre funny as hell you truly sound like a cheif keef wanna 'bla bla bla' mumbling a55 n199a

Le sigh!

Have you ever heard about spelling bees?

I think you need to get busy with that. undecided
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by kobonaire(m): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
HandOfChukwu: What was that white woman doing in the Ugandan court? I swear to god i hate white people.
No to racism

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by BlackHuman(m): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
I see Hypocrites everywhere....even here adulteres, fornicators, masturbators, perhaps even pedophiles have all come to nairaland to criticize and prosecute gay/lesbians.....

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by lonelypal(m): 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

The stupidity in this thread is head-splitting.

Go look up fundamental human rights. Like, how is this possible? How do people like you function? With this this amount of stupidity?

Just so u know, Your "Fundamental human rights" does not include when deranged fellows like u engage in acts that even in the animal kingdom are termed and considered abnormal, an aberration and a mis-normal. Your rights are limited and that is why humans who have "Right to life" and have been found guilty of murder by a court of law especially in Nigeria can have such right terminated. So pls quit exhibiting your ignorance on complex issues as this.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by FLYFIRE(m): 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

Name one polygamous politician? You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Homework assignment. You look it up. I'll give you a clue. He's a Republican. It is legal in certain states. The end.
STOP YAPPING GIRL, ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN HERE. WE HAVE OUR PROBLEMS BUT ADMITTING GAYS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
BetaThings:
The same book that tells you not to accuse falsely
You say you don't like sodomy but you don't mind it in others
And I said that you should hate(love) for others what you hate(love) for yourself
Now suddenly I am the one hating

Anyhow I despise h.o.m.o.s.i.c.k.n.e.s.s -its exponents, its apologists, its practitioners,

Yes, you're the one hating, I don't hate anything.

From your description if one hates Stilton or Okra, should they hate it for everyone else too, and demand 14 years' imprisonment for eating them?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
lonelypal:

Just so u know, Your "Fundamental human rights" does not include when deranged fellows like u engage in acts that even in the animal kingdom are termed and considered abnormal, an aberration and a mis-normal. Your rights are limited and that is why humans who have "Right to life" and have been found guilty of murder by a court of law especially in Nigeria can have such right terminated. So pls quit exhibiting your ignorance on complex issues as this.

Buy a dictionary. Go to a museum. A library. Do something to remedy this condition that makes you unable to successfully research a topic and educate yourself.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
ThankGod there's Boko Haram, so I doubt the reversal of such in Nigeria !
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
FLYFIRE:
STOP YAPPING GIRL, ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN HERE. WE HAVE OUR PROBLEMS BUT ADMITTING GAYS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.

Who are you?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by ebilasisi(m): 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
dhammyg: NICE.WHEN WILL NIGERIANS\AFRICANS LEARN THAT WHAT TWO ADULTS CHOOSE TO DO IN THEIR BEDROOM IS NONE OF THEIR BIZ.
WE AS AS AFRICANS HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS FACING US E.G CORRUPTION.IF WE COULD PERSECUTE CORRUPT POLITICIANS THE SAME WAY WE PERSECUTE GAYS AFRICA WILL BE A BETTER PLACEwink

AND BY THE WAY DO U THINK IMPRISONING GAYS WILL MAKE THEM CHANGEOR DO U THINK LYNCHING THEM WILL MAKE THEM CHANGE

AND TO THOSE SAYING BEING GAY IS UNAFRICAN AND USING BIBLE\QURAN TO JUSTIFY THE CLAIM,PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT CHRISTAINITY AND ISLAM IS ALSO UNAFRICAN tongue
I never knew that there are addicted GAYS in Nairaland.. Chai! There is God Oh! Mind you, It's not all about religion, but about what is Morally right.....! In Christiandom, Gayism is not just a Sin, It's a curse....
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by OKANGPRECIOUS(m): 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
[quote author=MrKnowitall]

It will happen in Nigeria, it's only a matter of time. [/quote

God will nt allow dis happen in Nigeria. Even if it happens, dat will be when my generation must long passed away.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by FLYFIRE(m): 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

Who are you?
TIME WILL TELL
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by lonelypal(m): 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
hercules07:

In a sane society, your human rights are fundamental and can not be withdrawn even in jail, you do have those rights.

A sane society you say? a sane society in this discuss is relative. Perhaps you give us your own definition of a sane society. undecided
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
FLYFIRE:
TIME WILL TELL

Time says:

*NOTHING*

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
mrsirdam, hercules07

He's a troll. Don't feed him.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
hercules07:
On Homosexuality, the same restraints that are in place for heterosexuals should be in place, I do not think homosexuals should even fight to get married in Nigeria anyway, there is no benefit to marriage in the country even for heterosexuals, wives are treated like dirt, might is right in Naija, I just think the congress should not have enacted that law, it was short sighted.

In as much as you might be right about the enactment of the law, I think the LGBT community most likely pushed for the marriage laws, and they had put the hammer down on them. You should know these people are attention seekers, and it backfired. If they had kept whatever they do 'lowkey', I honestly don't think there would have been any legislation.

Also, the reason why I'm not against it is because it might help contain them for now - and it's fit for purpose. Just as Russia had to do the same thing because of the country's fertility issues.

Regardless, I still maintain they don't deserve to be killed, or maimed. However, There should be control mechanism - Africa isn't ready for that lifestyle.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Reference(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
cococandy: Animals can't express themselves.
They are beneath humans.
So bestiality is a kinda fvcking them by force u get?
It's not in the same league with homos' own.

Don't you know animals have rights. Rights to be treated fairly, rights to be culled 'humanely'. Who gave them these rights? Is it not some human. And what makes you think that same human will not wake up one day and demand that animals have a right to enjoy the pleasures of humping their owners. Its all in the minds of people and their warped thinking that leads them down an express elevator to the basement. Its a slippery slope. Watch out. Bestiality is the next fad. The bible says it. Nothing surprises me. Africa is fighting a lost war.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by FLYFIRE(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
KiKatanga:

Time says:

*NOTHING*
WE WILL SEE
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by oldenglish: 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
KiKatanga: Then they massively increase the risk creating a child with potentially debilitating birth defects whose disabilities are a burden on the state and who is the victim of the union.
So HIV that is rampant to gay community is not a burden to the state.? You see how selfish you are, you want yours to be legalized but not others.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
dhammyg:
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOREIGN AIDS.AFRICA HAS BIGGER PROBLEMS TO FACE THAN WASTING TIME ON GAYS WHO DO NOT HARM THE SOCIETY

how i wish ur brother is a gay
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
Reference:

Don't you know animals have rights. Rights to be treated fairly, rights to be culled 'humanely'. Who gave them these rights? Is it not some human. And what makes you think that same human will not wake up one day and demand that animals have a right to enjoy the pleasures of humping their owners. Its all in the minds of people and their warped thinking that leads them down an express elevator to the basement. Its a slippery slope. Watch out. Bestiality is the next fad. The bible says it. Nothing surprises me. Africa is fighting a lost war.

Just as an adult is responsible for preventing sexual contact with a minor who cannot legally consent, they are responsible for preventing sexual contact with an animal who cannot either.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
oldenglish: So HIV that is rampant to gay community is not a burden to the state.? You see how selfish you are, you want yours to be legalized but not others.

Dumb-dumb. Where on earth are the highest levels of HIV, again? Is it the countries that criminalize homosexuality? Ding ding ding.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
oldenglish: So HIV that is rampant to gay community is not a burden to the state.? You see how selfish you are, you want yours to be legalized but not others.

So do you think that all of the Aids sufferers in Africa are gay?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by lonelypal(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

Buy a dictionary. Go to a museum. A library. Do something to remedy this condition that makes you unable to successfully research a topic and educate yourself.

Lol...too bad you only spewing gibberish laddened with misguided emotions. Would have expected you to tackle me with facts since your so passionate and "versed" on this
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by kasheemawo(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
I can't imagine that we have many gays on nairaland and in Nigeria generally. BTW it can only be practiced in SE or SS but if you are caught in SW or in the north i wish you RIpieces

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

Taiwan Visit: China Halts Climate, Military Ties With US; Sanctions Pelosi / Ukraine's Peace Proposal To Russia Revealed / Fatou Toufah Jallow: I Was Raped By Yahya Jammeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.