Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,809 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) (17173 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Anugod(f): 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
dstnd: are u a director?if yet let hook up
Yes...would like to know if you got any business deal for me.
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by dstnd: 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
Anugod:
Yes...would like to know if you got any business deal for me.
am a graduate of performing art unilorin am a director stage movie director by profession,and I will be working on a new stage movie in October in kwara state?so I need a creative director to help me out.
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
can't wait to see it angry angry
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Sunshinelady(f): 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
prof800: FINALLY!!!
After the tussle for its release in Nigeria, “Half of A Yellow Sun”, a screen adaptation of Chimamanda Adichie’s bestselling novel of the same name, will be available in cinemas across the country from the 1st of August 2014 --- TODAY.

The movie is distributed by FilmOne distributions and will be available in all Cinemas including Filmhouse Cinemas, Silverbird Cinemas, NuMetro, Ozone and Genesis.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-xFFAwzUMMu0/Ue8YNJI0E3I/AAAAAAAAX7o/MqolcoC4E2g/s1600/half-of-a-yellow-sun-movie-preview.jpg[/img]
The movie is currently showing at Filmhouse Cinema, Ibadan.

Ibadan city hosts the Premiere TODAY At Filmhouse Cinema, Samonda

DATE: TODAY, August 1st

Venue: Filmhouse Cinemas, Samonda

Ticket: #500 before 6pm!

Yes, 500naira only!

So hurry!

You must not miss it!!!…
Don’t forget to Tell a friend….!
Get your tickets now!..

Showing Time: 10:05am, 12:10pm, 2:15pm, 4:20pm, 6:25pm, 8:30pm

Recall that;
It was initially scheduled to open in Nigerian cinemas on Friday April 25, but was stopped as the Censors Board refused to issue the movie a certificate. The Board’s Acting Corporate Affairs Manager, Caesar Kagho in a statement said, the film is standard and rated “18”.

The producers expressed happiness for the certification of the film. “Shareman Media and FilmOne Distribution, are happy to announcethat the highly anticipated movie, Half of a Yellow Sun has been certified for theatrical release in Nigeria.

“The movie, starring BAFTA award-winning and Oscar-nominated actor Chiwetel Ejiofor, BAFTA award-winning actress Thandie Newton, Anika Noni Rose, AMAA winners Genevieve Nnaji and Onyeka Onwenu, Zack Orji, and O.C. Ukeje has been opened to audiences in Australia, New Zealand, the UK and USA.
[TRAILER]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc83786XR8I
www.vozempire.com/hoays-half-of-a-yellow-sun-premiere-filmhoussamonda-ibadan-today-details/
. OMG! Can't wait to watch dis!
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by bloglover(m): 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
morefire:

so you see your life now, you are not waiting for the ABA copy again abi? Nigerians and shortcut though, sorry if I went all out I just needed you to see the harm those so called ABA boys are doing to peoples creativity.. I am an accountant and not a showbiz guy so dont think am it has happened to me or will ever happen to me..

grap an original copy my guy

#bless

I was just kidding... I and Aba boys don't deal

1 Like

Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
Good! Nigerians should come en mass to support the movie by getting your ticket on time.

2 Likes

Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Anugod(f): 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
dstnd: am a graduate of performing art unilorin am a director stage movie director by profession,and I will be working on a new stage movie in October in kwara state?so I need a creative director to help me out.
Okay, so how do we connect outside nairaland?
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by ebola4u: 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
Donkaz: Wetin concern me!

#500 ke! Something i will get for #100 tomorrow
Even if you know that's what you're gonna do, need you come here to express your corrupt intention? Yes you must because we need f00ls like you who fuels piracy in Nigeria to make yourself known. You are happy to make our film makers unable to eat from the fruits of their labour. May the Ebola strain that doesn't infect others except you and those like you who directly and indirectly support piracy in Nigeria afflict you all.

7 Likes

Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by AmenJoan(f): 5:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
Just saw it, was kinda disappointed. Maybe as a result of the fact that the book is far more interesting.

1 Like

Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by dstnd: 5:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
Anugod:
Okay, so how do we connect outside nairaland?
add me up on whatapp,08094797495,david
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by spartanian(m): 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
watching it tomorrow in Lagos.
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by amnestylaw1(m): 6:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
Omo Ibadan kini sooo? I wish I were home to watch this. Darn it!
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by fightforchange1(f): 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
I wish I was in Nigeria to see this movie.
too bad...
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by tonychristopher: 6:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
that's my igbos peeps repping

learnt that is the most expensive movie in Nigeria

that's a good one chi
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by tonychristopher: 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
AmenJoan: Just saw it, was kinda disappointed. Maybe as a result of the fact that the book is far more interesting.

armchair critic why don't you produce yours let's see
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by sylve11: 6:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
Orikinla:

Are you normal?
Or just ignorant?

Abeg i nor wan laff o. grin cool
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by zurine(f): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
wow
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
Wat is so special abt this movie da t its all over d net
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by SHOCK7(m): 7:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
Aitee1: So now do they get to pay those on fp or is there somth am not getting straight on this forum
Not necessarily but peps on Fp get d most views & might only be read.Get it! wink
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
i must watch dz movie
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 01, 2014
AmenJoan: Just saw it, was kinda disappointed. Maybe as a result of the fact that the book is far more interesting.
which book ?
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Ogamazi: 7:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
isokey: Biko, is it downloadable?
. Yes oh!
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Ogamazi: 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2014
I need to watch it so it can be out in the market next tomorrow @ 150 naira.
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by dabossman(m): 7:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
4evaRich: which book ?

shocked

1 Like

Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by isaiah9(m): 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ogamazi: . Yes oh!
please where can i download it?
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Harrybanty(m): 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
Eeee na now they wan do permiere when i don already watch 5 episodes finish? Piracy tinz! ;DEeee na now they wan do permiere when i don already watch 5 episodes finish? Piracy tinz! cheesy
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Pple dey here dey wait cinema, I just call my guy for Pound road Aba, he say d 'akuraku' don dey since,
I dey go dia colet am watch.

Cinema no be for me.
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by iceberylin(m): 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
wisemany2k: Is silverbird cinema in PH showing it today?
whenever they show it in Silverbird or Genesis..
plc holla
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by FabioPeter: 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
The novel that the movie was coined from. Same title by chimamanda adichie
4evaRich: which book ?
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by FabioPeter: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
Uncle, talk for yasef o
tonychristopher:

armchair critic why don't you produce yours let's see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Khloe Wins Head Of House! / Where Is Chinny Ahaneku (main Character Alice My First Lady) / Strike Back Season 5!!! Its Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.