Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Rep Your Alma Mata. Tell That Experience You Can Never Forget. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rep Your Alma Mata. Tell That Experience You Can Never Forget. (808 Views)

Nairaland 2015 UNI/POLY Census(rep Your School) / Alma Oputa: Covenant University's Best Graduating Student / Your University/Alma Mater Slangs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rep Your Alma Mata. Tell That Experience You Can Never Forget. by ModoetForma(m): 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Talk about your alma mata. Tell that experience you'll continue to remember during your time there.
Re: Rep Your Alma Mata. Tell That Experience You Can Never Forget. by Nastydroid(m): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
Op why not start first
Re: Rep Your Alma Mata. Tell That Experience You Can Never Forget. by Sijo01(f): 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
I rep AAU, Ekpoma cool....... I can never forget the day armed robbers invaded our campus cry. Lecture was ongoing when we hard gun shots shocked, everybody was running helter-skelter towards the two entrances to the lecture hall while some were jumping out through the various windows. Being the sharp/fit little girl I was then, I flew out through the window. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rep Your Alma Mata. Tell That Experience You Can Never Forget. by ModoetForma(m): 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
Well mine is the University of Ilorin o. As for majority of the students in naija, everybody won go unilag. By the time unilag bounce me like three times, nobody tell me sey make I change to another institution. Of all the institution on ground, I felt unilorin would be the best choice. Applied for medicine, blasted jamb, blasted post jamb but like every other student, the main obstruction is getting admission. I checked portal for weeks. All they kept on saying was "dear aspirant, you have not been offered provisional admission yet,kindly check back later. I even gave up until one day I go cafe go check my e-mail. Na hin I kon talk sey make I even check this nonsense portal sef. To my joy, I was given admission.
After every registration and every uploading and downloading, I went to the school from lagos. Was confused and moving up and down because I didn't know where UITH was. Funny me, I thought I could get accomodation that same day. I check time, na hin I see sey yawa don gas. I'm that kind of person that makes friends easily and I saw one guy, talked to him, made friends with him and GBAM, he allowed me to stay one night in his place. The next day, I continued my hustling as usual and then located COHS. I didn't even know who my supervisor was and busted into one lecturer's office. "This man was going to be my most hated man in that school.".........Then, the unwanted happened.............TO BE CONTINUED.
Re: Rep Your Alma Mata. Tell That Experience You Can Never Forget. by killercute16(m): 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
ModoetForma: Well mine is the University of Ilorin o. As for majority of the students in naija, everybody won go unilag. By the time unilag bounce me like three times, nobody tell me sey make I change to another institution. Of all the institution on ground, I felt unilorin would be the best choice. Applied for medicine, blasted jamb, blasted post jamb but like every other student, the main obstruction is getting admission. I checked portal for weeks. All they kept on saying was "dear aspirant, you have not been offered provisional admission yet,kindly check back later. I even gave up until one day I go cafe go check my e-mail. Na hin I kon talk sey make I even check this nonsense portal sef. To my joy, I was given admission.
After every registration and every uploading and downloading, I went to the school from lagos. Was confused and moving up and down because I didn't know where UITH was. Funny me, I thought I could get accomodation that same day. I check time, na hin I see sey yawa don gas. I'm that kind of person that makes friends easily and I saw one guy, talked to him, made friends with him and GBAM, he allowed me to stay one night in his place. The next day, I continued my hustling as usual and then located COHS. I didn't even know who my supervisor was and busted into one lecturer's office. "This man was going to be my most hated man in that school.".........Then, the unwanted happened.............TO BE CONTINUED.
Mr man u better continue ooo....u must finish wat u started.
Re: Rep Your Alma Mata. Tell That Experience You Can Never Forget. by ModoetForma(m): 7:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
As I enter this man office ehn....The man kon dey look me head to toe. I kon dey talk for my mind, I was like shey this guy na gay ni, wetin baba dey look. Na one kind young lecturer like that. If he won senior me sef, e no fit pass 5 years. Na so the man begin dey talk. ''Just look at you dressing, look at the way you dress and compare your self to others. Do you think this place is PS ( main campus). Where do you tjink you are !!!! Are you stupid, are you this, are you that." I waz like omo I don enter am today o. Wetin I do. My dressing wasn't even bad coz I was on a polo and khaki with sandals. After all the shakara and shouting sha, he later attended to me....Unluckily for me, meeting this man was going to be my greatesr mistake in that school. He sha made sure he didn't lemme rest, always troubling me here and there. Any little mistake, he takes it up like one big thing....He even failed me in an exam we wrote and he did it in a painful way...He failed me with one mark. I got 49% because in medicine, we use a pass or fail system so when you get below 50, its a fail and that can mean trouble for you.....I kon dey wonder, why this man no just gimme my one mark make I go free. That result will continue to haunt me though because I was unable to continue the MBBS programme. Medicine is sweet and when you see 600L students, they say many had fallen along the line but the good lord hath brought us this far.
Oh I remember my 100L days where they keep on saying if you get 3 d's or 1 F, you won't crosss to the teaching hospital. Me I no send 3 d's or 1 F ooo......I enjoyed my self and I enjoyed my self to the fullest ni. Opportunity comes but once. I made a lot of friends. All those chicks ehn, I miss them all. Only God know where dem dey now.
But this fateful day, something unpleasant happened.....TO BE CONTINUED.
Re: Rep Your Alma Mata. Tell That Experience You Can Never Forget. by aieromon(m): 7:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
After getting admitted into UNIBEN sometime in February 2001, I participated in the Obey Razaq aluta. The stalites warned us not to join since they had lost a session the year before and didn't want to go back home. Who could resist the sweet words out of the mouths of these student politicians? We blindly followed them(bloody jambites angry) and caused chaos that night. The next day,riot policemen came into the campus and chased everybody home. That was the beginning of a series of strikes which finally ended middle of 2002. By the time the dust settled, UNIBEN had lost another calendar session. cry

The loss does not come close to that of my friends that got admitted into OAU,Ife the same year. They were the gurus in strikes then. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ten New Year Resolution For Students / 2015 JAMB UTME Result Out, How To Check / Morning Drill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.