Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware (1784 Views)

Welcome-Hisenjos Fiverr,Freelancer via Payoneer Skrill Exchange Customer Support / Autocashbank A Scam!!!! Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by cescky(m): 1:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hi Guys,
its seems some children of darkness are forever dedicated to tarnishing the image of this nation....paypal just came back into the nation and already some people are using them for scamming purposes. i got the below email from them even though i had no paypal account,persons with paypal accounts should be careful as the mail used to send the mail looked similar to the original paypal accounts(i confirmed with some one who has).

modes pls make this public.

for those who dont understand ones you log into the link they provided they have access to all your account details and wipe your account clean.

below is the letter

Paypal@inte.service.com
12:33 PM (46 minutes ago)

to me
PayPal
Your accoυnt has been limited

Recently, there's been activity in your accoυnt that seems unusual compared to your normal accoυnt activities. We're concerned that someone is using your accoυnt without your knowledge. Recent activity from your accoυnt seems to have occurred from a suspicious location or under circumstances that may be different than usual
What to dο?

Click the link below to open a secure brοwser window.you will be provided with steps to restοre your accoυnt access. We appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure accoυnt safety.

Click here to activate your accoυnt
Re: Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by ammyluv2002(f): 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
The mail is so fake! I wouldn't fall for it sha.

@OP, thanks for sharing

Front page things!

3 Likes

Re: Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by obeenah40(m): 1:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
nigerians are sharp ehh... Chai

I knw y'all tryna hustle.. Bt nothing is as sure as a sincere money.
Bt Im Proud to be a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by eph12(m): 3:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
Our Nigerian brothers neither sleep nor slumber grin

1 Like

Re: Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by CosmicJames(m): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Always type paypal directly into your browser!
Never, ever click on any link from anywhere whether from your email or on a website to access your paypal including your other e-currency accounts.
That way, your acct will be save from bloody scammers.
Re: Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Got dis exact mail today and I was worried cos I never registered wid paypal...hmmm
Re: Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by dustmalik: 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
This should be on front page, just so people are made aware of it. I bet a lot of people will fall for this scam.
Re: Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by vizboy(m): 5:32am On Aug 02, 2014
cescky: Hi Guys,
its seems some children of darkness are forever dedicated to tarnishing the image of this nation....paypal just came back into the nation and already some people are using them for scamming purposes. i got the below email from them even though i had no paypal account,persons with paypal accounts should be careful as the mail used to send the mail looked similar to the original paypal accounts(i confirmed with some one who has).

modes pls make this public.

for those who dont understand ones you log into the link they provided they have access to all your account details and wipe your account clean.

below is the letter

Paypal@inte.service.com
12:33 PM (46 minutes ago)

to me
PayPal
Your accoυnt has been limited

Recently, there's been activity in your accoυnt that seems unusual compared to your normal accoυnt activities. We're concerned that someone is using your accoυnt without your knowledge. Recent activity from your accoυnt seems to have occurred from a suspicious location or under circumstances that may be different than usual
What to dο?

Click the link below to open a secure brοwser window.you will be provided with steps to restοre your accoυnt access. We appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure accoυnt safety.

Click here to activate your accoυnt

Op stop attributing every scam to Nigeria, I had a US paypal account before it got to Nigeria and have been receiving similar mails like that.

It not from nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by cescky(m): 8:47am On Aug 02, 2014
vizboy:
Op stop attributing every scam to Nigeria, I had a US paypal account before it got to Nigeria and have been receiving similar mails like that.
It not from nigeria.

some one on the thread (obviously a Nigerian) has gotten such mail..that says something

youve probably transacted with your paypal ....for Nigerian related things

I know we are not the kings of scammers, thats why international auctioneers(on ebay) dont ship to Nigeria.

Nigeria is the most scam free naton worldwide......Guy wake up!

its not a competition of whose right or wrong......but about people being more careful
Re: Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by vizboy(m): 8:56am On Aug 02, 2014
cescky:

some one on the thread (obviously a Nigerian) has gotten such mail..that says something

youve probably transacted with your paypal ....for Nigerian related things

I know we are not the kings of scammers, thats why international auctioneers(on ebay) dont ship to Nigeria.

Nigeria is the most scam free naton worldwide......Guy wake up!

its not a competition of whose right or wrong......but about people being more careful

I don't use my paypal account to transact business with nigerians.

I get spam daily with scam from russia and other part of the world so stop attributing everything to nigeria,

The paypal scammer email you receive is a virus link that collect your data once you click on it.

Yes it is a scam but it not from Nigeria,

And Nigerians don't do such scam, I know a nigeria scam mail when I see one.

Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by bigx(m): 8:59am On Aug 02, 2014
I've been getting this type of mail since 2005, it's not a Nigerian thing
Re: Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by vizboy(m): 9:01am On Aug 02, 2014
bigx: I've been getting this type of mail since 2005, it's not a Nigerian thing

Don't mind the op he is trying to pin it down on nigeria

Op educate yourself and stop been ignorant.

Here is a link with the same email from 2010

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Access-and-security/Is-this-you-service-intl-paypal-com/td-p/70271?profile.language=en-gb
Re: Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by arbitrage: 12:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
Note that because your scam email says it is from Russia does not mean it's not from Nigeria. Even if the IP header says so, the Nigerian scammer may be using VPN or any anonymous proxy.

Having a US PayPal account does not mean Nigerian scammer will not target you or will target only Nigerian PayPal account. After all, it may be arguably true that there are more Nigerian scammers residing or operating from abroad than those doing it from Nigeria. So, targeting scam at your US PayPal account does not mean the scammer is a non-Nigerian.

Nigerian scammer will even preferably scam the foreign target/victim than within because they are always dreaming big of dollar victims and also many Nigerians are getting used to their tactics within or few people comparably are transacting online.

I once saw a guy (guessed in his late thirties) at a Lagos cyber cafe early in the morning doing nothing but scam on the system. He composed the usual scam mail we get in Yahoo. Then he opened another site where he searched for various USA contacts' addresses. I saw him searching persons in Texas area. All he kept doing was copying and pasting each email contact from that Texas area and sent them the scam Yahoo mail he composed. He was clicking back and repeated same scam pattern over and over again. I just imagined that from an able bodied man around 9 am on Monday morning as I stood there to fax documents.

Note that email harvesters (software/scripts) could also be used to harvest email addresses on a domain like hot mail.com or yahoo.com or gmail.com and get them spammed. So it is not until you used your PayPal account on a particular site or place before they can target you with their scam as someone thought earlier.

So let's not be stubborn in ignorance as per what extent scammers can go home and abroad.

1 Like

Re: Paypal Scam!!!!! Beware by tonjeola(m): 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
no be today thing!

(1) (Reply)

What Business Would You Propose If You Had A Willing Financial Partner... / Buy PURE HONEY Tested Original With The Quality Honey Tests / Audition For The Next Titan 4- Come In!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.