Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

I Am Travelling Soon And I Want 2 Be Able To Use My Data-glo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Am Travelling Soon And I Want 2 Be Able To Use My Data-glo (834 Views)

How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? / Has Anyone Able To Unlock New Airtel Huawei E173u-2 / How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Travelling Soon And I Want 2 Be Able To Use My Data-glo by tomiobj(m): 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
I am travelling next week and due to experience I know my data plan won't work so I need help to know how I cn make the Internet work. I know I can use wi-fi but after I leave the house. That's it. I need to have my Internet on the go. When m in a bus,when I am strolling,when I am at the mall. Or if I have to get anew sim. Fine but the problem is that I don't know how their data plan works P.s I am goin to England for two weeks den porting to us nd I am using a bb q10.
Re: I Am Travelling Soon And I Want 2 Be Able To Use My Data-glo by Lexusgs430: 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
Best to get a local sim. Understanding how data plan works, is probably the least of your worries.
If you want to read up, Google EE, O2, Vodaphone, 3,Lebara, lyca, Virgin and read up on their data allowances and cost.
NB: They all offer pay as you go data subscriptions

Cost of data roaming on your Glo, would be tantamount to penny-wise pound-foolish!!!!!!
Re: I Am Travelling Soon And I Want 2 Be Able To Use My Data-glo by tomiobj(m): 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lexusgs430: Best to get a local sim. Understanding how data plan works, is probably the least of your worries.
If you want to read up, Google EE, O2, Vodaphone, 3,Lebara, lyca, Virgin and read up on their data allowances and cost.
NB: They all offer pay as you go data subscriptions

Cost of data roaming on your Glo, would be tantamount to penny-wise pound-foolish!!!!!!
Tnx for the reply. And how much is a sim card. And how do the data rates apply (i.e how many p. For an mb
Re: I Am Travelling Soon And I Want 2 Be Able To Use My Data-glo by Lexusgs430: 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
tomiobj:
Tnx for the reply. And how much is a sim card. And how do the data rates apply (i.e how many p. For an mb

An example of data pricing, valid for 30 days
On the EE Network
£10 - 1GB
£15 - 2GB
£20 - 4GB
£30 - 10GB
NB: Sim card could be got for free or as little as £2

1 Like

Re: I Am Travelling Soon And I Want 2 Be Able To Use My Data-glo by tomiobj(m): 11:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lexusgs430:

An example of data pricing, valid for 30 days
On the EE Network
£10 - 1GB
£15 - 2GB
£20 - 4GB
£30 - 10GB
NB: Sim card could be got for free or as little as £2

Thanks a lot.which sim do you recommend. And how do I subscribe to the data plans
Re: I Am Travelling Soon And I Want 2 Be Able To Use My Data-glo by Lexusgs430: 11:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
tomiobj:

Thanks a lot.which sim do you recommend. And how do I subscribe to the data plans

Regarding speed and availability of service, they are all as good as each other.
As soon as you get in, buy a sim card, not from Heathrow resellers(overpriced). When you get to your place of abode, ask for the nearest high street and purchase. Or better still, just walk into their outlets(they usually have shops or outlets in high streets or shopping malls).
Re: I Am Travelling Soon And I Want 2 Be Able To Use My Data-glo by tomiobj(m): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Regarding speed and availability of service, they are all as good as each other.
As soon as you get in, buy a sim card, not from Heathrow resellers(overpriced). When you get to your place of abode, ask for the nearest high street and purchase. Or better still, just walk into their outlets(they usually have shops or outlets in high streets or shopping malls).

Thanks. I'll give you my feedback

(1) (Reply)

Please Which Android Phone To Get Wit Just 15k / Will Etesalate Bis Work Via Change Of Imei On Android / Airtel Introduce Always ON + Unlimited Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.