Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' (25652 Views)

Album Review: Psquare Double Trouble. / 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World / DOWNLOAD: 2face Idibia - The Ascension Album Full 17 Tracks Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by shadelek(m): 10:20am On Aug 02, 2014
Kalvan: 2face is overrated. He has just 3 good songs.
Actually, the second track was meant for people like you. Did u just mention overrated? And its ur type that does nt know how to handle micro phone......Smh

4 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by fairheven: 10:29am On Aug 02, 2014
Eddy2cute: to simply enlighten your foolishness this same album is currently number 12 best selling album in the world. No nigerian or african artist has had that record before. So suck a d*ck and keep hating, slowpoke
U don't blame him,some nigerians have goten used to listening to wacks like ,skelewu,and dorrobuchi,so its hard for them to know good music when they see one. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by ebosse(m): 10:32am On Aug 02, 2014
Eddy2cute: to simply enlighten your foolishness this same album is currently number 12 best selling album in the world. No nigerian or african artist has had that record before. So suck a d*ck and keep hating, slowpoke
J.Cole last album sold better than Nas last album. Judging from your logic J.Cole is better than Nas.

This is Y Nigeria isn't developing as much as it should. Too much dull brains like you around.. Your mum should be ashamed of herself for raising a re*tard like you.

Seun We need a block button for slowpokes like this.

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by ebosse(m): 10:40am On Aug 02, 2014
odibenson: I don't you man but listen to the album again.at first I hated it after more than 5times of listening to it I fell in lov with jeje confesion lesse pass.or wait wen the album is everywere and banging maybe u would fancy it

True.. But if I have to listen to it 5 times to like it.then I think we should do the same with the likes of WizKid , Iyanya , even Sky B.. Its unfair to criticize other artiste after just 1 or 2 listens if we can't do the same with 2face..... Be honest with yourself how many times did u listen to all D'banj recent songs b4 criticize them ?

2 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by anssy(f): 10:48am On Aug 02, 2014
neuljosh: I wonder what happened to black face and co. ??
after their fans will say tuface stole their songs or blackface wrote African queen. Breeze don blow, chicken yansh son open, tuface all the way, @op, it is too early to conclude.

3 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by veraponpo(m): 11:19am On Aug 02, 2014
As much as I appreciate the OP, I still believe he is unfair with his analysis. This album has been getting replay series in my house and I really love it.

The issue is people want 2face to sing like angels but they have forgotten the fact that he has a brand to keep, a standard to maintain, some followers to raise, new grounds to break, etc. All these can only be achieved as he moves.

Hence, please let us be more reasonable next time while reviewing a work of a man like 2face.

Everything has to do with what concept you are trying to work on.

2baba all the way.

2 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by blackbwe: 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
Am very disappointed embarassed
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by tkays(m): 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
God blesses 2face.
if u don't like ife dinma feat Tony oneweek track, u r still young at mind.
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by best4momoh(m): 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
What are you saying. Are u talking about the 12th most selling album worldwide or what.anyway,that is your opinion. Ride on Legend 2Baba
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by jhdfelix: 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
I have taken my time to read through four major reviews on this album and I know that of too-exclusive and this one were professionally done but so surprised about one major error on this review by saying HATE WHAT YOU DO TO ME is a lame song. That happens to be a major blunder.
All said and done NET said this album may not be remembered in years to come but second day Billboard proof that wrong because as it is today in years to come this will be the first album to be mentioned after the name 2face because of this feat. This happens to be the most discussed album in recent times because people pick there own different tracks based on there music inclinations. Now that is what makes this album unique. Against @op reasoning in my own case NOT A SUPRISE is the weakest link so it shows the track appeal varies. Do not be surprised this is heading to grammy because the more we discussed the more popular it becomes and more sales and grammy will be a cheap task for him. Tuface for life(best lyrist) don't have hear for all the noise from kids in town.

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by shegsrules(m): 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
All tracks are on point 4 me. I give d album 95%

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by jhdfelix: 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by hensben(m): 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
Rashdimuh: Honestly this album is very good only that it is an album for poetic people not for kids, am happy that the album is enjoying much publicity 8/10 for me
bro nor mind all this terry g fans.

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by justhelp(m): 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
famousdee:

Confessions! Confession!! Confession!!!

With due respect, songs like confession are usually "add ons" in albums not a "main" or "super" songs.

Songs like confession can not win u a BET or MTV award.

The album will be good with time but the songs are not "super"

Eg. Of super songs ADA by flavour, Gon gon Aso by 9ice, Dorobuchi, oliver twist, Aiye, skelewu etc and that's what ascension album lacks. Confession is not it

I just admaire tuface humility and he's a easy going guy. Anything tuface sing I go buy! But the album is a No No for now! Maybe with time we might see things differently.

#team2face #humility
those song are your own type of music, TUface track are not for your kind,so pack well, you talk as if any of those track can last for years

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
Bros, listen to the album again before arriving at your conclusion.

I guess you expected 2baba to join the band of noise makers like Davido and co. I forgave P-square in their 'Alingo' because they are a dance-duo, but not 2baba. Since Wizkid started noise making, he has not sang anything meaningful

BTW, in 'Hate What You Do To Me' that you criticise the lyrics ;"...we arrange the place and scatter it again". Listen to it well cos the words preceding it are; "we fight all day and make love all night". In those lyrics, 2baba painted a picture of the other side of the lady/relationship that inspired the song. That other side is THE DEMON WITHIN THEM.

2baba seems to be too deep for a lot of people. Take your time, the songs will sink in.

7 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ironically Confessions is still my best song on that album.

4 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by eleshin(m): 4:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
@Veraponpo, 1M likes for you!
veraponpo:
As much as I appreciate the OP, I still believe he is unfair with his analysis. This album has been getting replay series in my house and I really love it.

The issue is people want 2face to sing like angels but they have forgotten the fact that he has a brand to keep, a standard to maintain, some followers to raise, new grounds to break, etc. All these can only be achieved as he moves.

Hence, please let us be more reasonable next time while reviewing a work of a man like 2face.

Everything has to do with what concept you are trying to work on.

2baba all the way.

3 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Petersideman(m): 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
Thumbs up to 2baba, some of u r here criticizing whereas he has been listed as the 12th best selling album on billboard, no nigerian has ever done that, even ur beloved dbanj nd odas nva near d milestone even wit dere changin record labels lik clothes..... Or have u nt heard that.... Lovly album, to the op doing the review, ao mani singles u don release sef 4 ur life## way u dy review pesin album##

2 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Machiti606: 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
Confession tho..........2baba is KING!!!!

2 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by abbey621(m): 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
Petersideman: Thumbs up to 2baba, some of u r here criticizing whereas he has been listed as the 12th best selling album on billboard, no nigerian has ever done that, even ur beloved dbanj nd odas nva near d milestone even wit dere changin record labels lik clothes..... Or have u nt heard that.... Lovly album, to the op doing the review, ao mani singles u don release sef 4 ur life## way u dy review pesin album##

Shut your stinking mouth, you know nothing! Take a look at the other albums on that list, they are all third class albums. It's a list meant to showcase top selling albums from artiste from non major markets such as Africa, Asia, western Europe and so on. They gave ratings based on itunes sales, not by quality. If this album was truly as great as you claim, then you are admitting that it is 2face's best ever album, we all know better than that.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by 12345DKO(m): 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD 62nd ANNUAL CONVENTION

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by mumubynature(m): 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
no8 is not so bad as potrayed by@Op.The beat is still good.Only immatured lyrics,2baba no do editing on the lyrics.Just copy and paste from the writer
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by yungryce: 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
I was expectn 2 b blown away by dis album but thus far, I'm nt impressd.
D album jst dey there Jor, nofin special judging 4rm his standard
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by howfarwhatagwan: 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
Are you kidding me I love confession it is certainly not the worst track. I sincerely think that a lot of people have gotten so used to songs like limpopo, skelewu, dorobucci etc and kind of have a problem getting in the groove with songs that are different. Personally I think the album is brilliant because it is not easy to be consistent in the music industry and for 2 baba at this point to be able to combine all sorts of genre truly qualifies the title of the album 'Ascension'

2 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
To me he is still a god! I grew up knowing and enjoying naija music when he was rising..african queen nd ifan bago to u no holy pass ... they all on my mind nd my drop box for everlasting ...

I love tuface nd im ever gonna open any bussiness in naija, his name nd his statue wil be my print..
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
Kalvan: 2face is overrated. He has just 3 good songs.
from this statement of urs, I can categorically say u don't know good music. No Tu Face no Nigerian music.
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Odionastron: 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
OP, you are de bomb. You have just spoken my mind. Before I read this thread, I used to think that I am the only one who has these notions about tuface's 'Ascension'.
You nailed it!
No one should get me wrong. I am a strong 2baba fan. Infact, no other artist would cause me to come here and start typing on nl.
After listening to all the tracks on spinlet, I just purchased tracks 5,9,15 and 17 on iTunes. And since last week Monday, I have played track 17 more than 30 times. Confession is the second best for me. Dammy crane did a nice job there. But tubaba sef! Haba naa! He just copied and pasted the chorus. He did that chorus just once. Bros, it was too obvious and did not make sense the second and third time.

Tubaba, was the star last decade. If he continues like this, he would be run over by young boys like wizkid and davido.

I am still his fan somehow, though, but it's just based on his past releases. I am waiting for his 2016 release!
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by scofield33(m): 10:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
"Can't hear you "seem to be my best tract btw that "Holiday" is my current ringtone.

Though I expected more from him ! Tubaba will never disappoint shaa.
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by leonard509(m): 11:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=pweetygina][/quote] they're too blind i guess
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by spex: 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
He's been playing God of War tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chidinma & Flavour – 40 Yrs (Video) / Latest 3gp Music Videos / Wizkid, Olamide And Davido Battle For Best Male NEA Awards 2018 | Full List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.