Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? (6445 Views)

CBN Now Force Us To Keep Money At Home, What Happened To The Cashless Policy? / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? / Returning Home, What Can I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by crazyhorse: 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2008
I have spent the last 10 years basically working my ass off in the UK, i want to come back to Nigeria i do have a house as a base and about 10 million naira to spend on setting up a business to live on, i can probably invest a little more if necessary i need help on which business gives decent turnover and less stress.
Guys put your self in my shoes you have 10 million naira you want to turn it over what will you do
Cheers
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by Novak(m): 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2008
I would advice you to start a real estate business especially in lagos,i know places where you can triple your investments in less than a year,then you can , you know what i mean.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by jesse4me: 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2008
well my guy if i had d money as at now i will go into cafe business, so i will advise u to go into this business if u need some help: bassijesse@yahoo.com or 08037516354 u know what 2 do with does info.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by crazyhorse: 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2008
Thank you guys for the advice keep it coming
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by damola1: 1:54pm On Oct 19, 2008
Advise is something that's freely given, but be careful to choose the right ones.

Why go to a brickmaker for advise regarding baking?

You have to come down to Nigeria, take a nap, carefully develop interest in any line you either already know or want to know, and learn.

1naira is more valuable than 10Million if not guided by wise conduct. The money in your hands in useless and wasteful without proper management. So be wise not to go back to square one.

simply my own advise.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by damola1: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2008
You can email: damola@damola.com, and in writing state your target ROI, and for how long you wish to put your investment with your details

Then I will get back to you.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by crazyhorse: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2008
Hello Damola1
Thanx for the advice please pardon my ignorance but what is an ROI
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by damola1: 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2008
Return On Investment.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by crazyhorse: 5:29pm On Oct 19, 2008
Hi Damola1
That is why i need the help of you guys out there i do not want to get into any business that does not bring in a decent return over, i have visted Nigeria almost every year in the last 12 years but visiting is different from living in a place If you have visited UK in the last 12 years its different from living in the country and for example i am used to the system over here in the UK am not in Nigeria what i want are POINTERS
I am a maintenance Engineer and Builder but i do not necessary want to do same thing over in Nigeria
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by lucabrasi(m): 6:14pm On Oct 19, 2008
having an eatery is a very good business in nigeria,sweet sensation declared about 4 billion naira turnover i think last year r so.,its a business where u cant go wrong because people will always patronise good food in a nice area and most of the snacks you see in tfc,sweet sensation e.t.c are supplied very cheap and they just add their own 100naira and rake in the profit you do not need to know how to cook as you will only be overseeing things,labour is cheap and all you ll need to spend most of your budget on is a nice location maybe on the island,ill advice you to go into a business that ll cater for the lower class to mid class nigerians because they constitute the majority of the i4osmthing million population and nigeria is a developing country so anything and everything is welcome,
buying cars from the united sttes and selling in nigeria is also highly lucrative too
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by damola1: 6:50pm On Oct 19, 2008
please, remember what I said, advise is something that's freely given, be careful about the one you take. Lubracasi has given an advise, but there's more to sweet sensation than 4billion, there are people who have taken such advise freely, and are regretting they did, or happy they did.

This is my advise to you. You either turn over your money whether in the Uk or Nigeria, or wherever to the hands of those that know how to manage money or have experience in managing a business enterprise and can prove they have done so over a period of time, they can provide security for your investment, and can show to you, from existing figures that they have done well and can do so with your money, because all businesses always need more cash to expand.

Or, you learn a trade, could be anything, could even be supply of system engineering matterials or management of systems engineering, not neccessarily with your money, but rather with your time, you invest very little, watch the errors and gain experience, then expand.

But it'll be very foolish of you to invest your money in areas you are not skilled at or turn your money over to someone who is not skill for.

I asked the above information for what you might expect on Return On investment, for your cash and for how long you are willing to let it be, probably because I might be able to put it to good use while you learn a skill in something you like, then utilise your funds when you have acquired the experience to, in your chosen field.

Chikena my brother.

1 Like

Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by crazyhorse: 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2008
Hello Damola1
I do have a lot of skills and training under my belt plus been thru the University am not looking to go down that route again i just want to let my hair down and build a business and watch it grow and it would be fantastic to provide empoyment for hard working Nigerians i am not looking at giving my money to any one to invest for me or looking for some kind of return for my money through some one else am not scared of hard work thats my middle name thanx for your advice anyway

And to all who have participated to this point thank you and God Bless
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by damola1: 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2008
Well then.

Welcome to 9ja market then. I will be glad to support in anyway I can. For advise which you seek, you really need to come down, take a nap, and take a deep look at what is missing and fill in.

The key to success in business especially in Nigeria is perserverance as long as you know the path well. It'll be tough, the infrastructural cost could be huge, but on the long run it's worth it, if you know what you are doing, and since you seem more like a patriot. I will be even more supportive.

I am very glad you have come up with this, and look forward to hearing about your success soon in 9ja, regardless of your chosen field.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by damola1: 8:25am On Oct 25, 2008
As a trader, there's always need for expansion.

My trading company with a staff base of 14 people has been in business for over 5years, will need extra cash to push into the Nigerian market for the holiday season.

With a minimum of at least: N500,000, and no maximum, even a Billion is welcome. We offer you a 15% interest over a 3 months window for your investment. We will provide gurantee of funds, and that can be done through our lawyer and can also prove wise handling of your cash.

Interested parties can call: damola on : 080 536 18 904 or damola@damola.com
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by depearl: 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2008
how about investing in the entertainment industry? its a sector that has little stress and really lucrative. what line exaclty of entertainment? we can talk on phone if u dnt mind. 08057177331
anytime, i will welcome ur call.
or text
thanks.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by solowealth(m): 8:07pm On Oct 27, 2008
Do you believe i God? pray to God to direct you.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2008
You want to return to Nigeria because of the recession happening now in Uk. Better keep your gay ass right there in Uk. We don't need you in Nigeria. OK? Naija returner, abi were you deported? Better tell us the truth. So you want to tell me that all the years you've stayed in Uk you are able to make just 10 mill. Have you been freaking with those white ass good for nothing ladies? Oh boy! stop disappointing me. Speak maturely. No wonder they call you crazy horse cuz you are crazy.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by crazyhorse: 10:15pm On Oct 27, 2008
Hello Bigmodo
How can one be so rude, you dont know who i am yet you call me all kind of insulting names like "gay Ass" It tells me what kind of individual you are
I am proud of my achievements which i don't have to share with you this is based on hard work and Gods Blessing every penny i own is worked for and am proud of that.
May be you do not understand this topic its about contributing to how to turn over 10 miillion naira and not about been rude and cursing one another
For your information i was born in the UK and i came back 12 years ago and yes i do have a bob or two please i beg of you BACK OFF
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IF YOU CAN PLEASE IGNORE MR BIGMODO AND LETS GET BACK TO THE TOPIC ON GROUND THAT WILL BE GREAT

CHEERS
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by damola1: 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2008
crazyhorse.

If there's any possibility at all of lending out your cash with back up security over a short period of time like 3 months, will appreciate you get across to me: damola@damola.com or you can call SSM UK, Tel: 0 207 7887990, and ask them to hook you up with Mr. Adeola.

2. my advise of you coming home, taking a break, and looking around as if nothing dey pocket would most likely work.

And forget that dude, Nigeria needs your money badly, we welcome you wholeheartedly, we value you even thinking of coming to invest in our country. We love you and look forward to your investments. Go to the job session and see for yourself.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by Onyeara: 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2008
I think the best business to do with the money is computer accessories, it moves very well in Nigeria and gives a better turn over.
It actually depends on where you are located, you can become a distributor to major importers like compuleb or coscharis etc.
or you can import from china or Dubai.
The business has really a great turn over because people assemble computers all time, an individual can walk up to your business and shop for accessories worth of assembling five pc, if you are a distributor, many people from North or other part of Naija can buy from your shop.
Am in the UK, So if you need further info, write me, I also import some thing to Naija from here.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by Genergo(m): 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2008
dont trust dami or crazy horse one of them is not genuine.

I do forex trading i can train you crazyhose, u cant scam me if u try ( at least for now).

Come for training, you will be glad you did.mail ehius78@gmail.com
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by crazyhorse: 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2008
GENERGO,
Seems to me like you have not gone through the all the contributions before adding your bit, i have written earlier that i am not intrested in any training except its in line with an investment that i want to go into.
You said that i may not be geniue, can i ask what gives you that idea i started this topic not to con any one but to get advice and nothing else can you tell me why that amounts to ingeniuity

Just like to say another thanx to all who have took time out of there busy schdule to contribute positively
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by karlken(m): 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2008
Healthcare is an emerging area that a SOLID investment guarantees lifelong rewards.Consider setting up an average hospital(not necessarily state-of-the-art) say in Portharcourt and employ qualified manpower and see how you'll[b]' rest'[/b].You can contact me on karl_ken2001@yahoo.com.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by abujabooks(f): 12:52am On Nov 01, 2008
Get a cement distributorship.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by akinalabi(m): 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2008
No one can tell you the business you should do. You are the
one to determine that.

There are many factors you should consider though. . .

- You interest

- The demands of the public

- Your experience

- Your target

And more. . .

Whatever you do, make sure you're in control.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by netmoney(m): 8:54am On Nov 04, 2008
Here is my advice for you:

In the world of business, capital is the first most essential factor and I can see you have got it in plenty.

But,having the capital is just an assurance that you could start a business.It's not an assurance that you will make it in business.

Having money is one thing;
Keeping money is another thing;
and using money to make money is the most important thing-That is the only way to get rich.

The first thing to do is to learn from my business/Investment mentor-"ROBERT KIYOSAKI" by reading just these three books:

RICH DAD,POOR DAD - Teaches you the difference between assets and liabilities.

CASHFLOW QUADRANT - Teaches you the 4 different type of people in the business world,who they are; and which you have to become in order to be rich.

GUIDE TO INVESTING - Teaches you how to move from being an Employee(in UK) to an Investor(when you come back to naija).

This advice is borne out of my personal encounter with the wealth of knowledge in these books.

Robert Kiyosaki is a business man and Real Estate Investor in The States.He created a 10 year financial plan for retirement and retired after 9 Years with more than $100,000 in income at the age of 47.Today his annual income is in the million of dollars and counting,

Personally,after reading through eight of his books,I have written a financial plan to retire at the age of 38 with an annual income of $2million by the year 2020.Anyone who has not read the books,would say I am thinking the unthinkable and impossible,but,after reading them you would know how I was able to arrive at that.

I am Jack Onam and I stay at Kaduna,Nigeria.You may contact me using nairaplusblog@yahoo.com or 08073293618.ONLY FOR ADVICE.I am busy now.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by markmarble(m): 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2008
Why waste your time?Real estate is the best form of investment right now.put away your money for like two years and you can rest assured to make close to or if not more than 300% profit on it.Classic example,a friend of mine bought a plot of land in May,2008 at Riverview estate for 2.4m and sold that piece of land 6 months later,precisely 1st week in October,2008 for 4m.Over 50% ROI in 6months.Another classic example,my older brother bought a plot of land at Maple wood estate Oko oba on which he built his house in 2004 for 2.5m,a plot of land in Maple wood estate in year 2008 is being sold for 16m.Think what you can achieve with the resources at your disposal in two years time.When you eventually make your 300% or more ROI after two years,use half of it to buy two petroleum tanker heads and start oil and gas haulage and marketing business.With these two businesses,you can never go wrong for as long as God is with you.Kapish
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by alertsolut: 12:12pm On Nov 10, 2008
hi how are u well i will tell u taht there a lot of business u can do that will make u to make it within one month even u will not even going back to abroad again YES THIS IS REAL my brother u have every thing with u this business am talking about is a Godly way business not a bad way on ok if u know u will be pure and trustworthy u will make it within a month. for more info caontact 08072123707 or richsolutionalert@gamil.com
thanks
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by crazyhorse: 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2008
Hello Alert Solution
What is this business in which one can make it in one month, am not trying to sound sceptical but no one makes great turn over in one month if its possible every one will be doing it if you can please give a break down of this wonder business i will be greatfull
Cheers
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by kokorunna(m): 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2008
Invest your money in Real Estate and Land Investment, if you are patient enough you will get good returns.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by babat2000: 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2008
Pls be patient and study the ground well, so that you will not misfire.
Re: 10 Years Abroad Returning Home: What Kind Of Business Can I Get Into? by martho(m): 9:09am On Nov 14, 2008
my guy,u should know better,go back home and study the market.it is difficult to make money these days,u know how we suffer here in europe,but first keep it in fixed deposit for at least one year.dont rush into anything,and dont mind the foolish guy that is insulting u about how much u have made.if it is easy, let him come to europe and try.goodluck.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary / Hi / The Features Of An Ideal Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.