Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

10 Easy Ways To Be Successful In Both Business And In Life. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Easy Ways To Be Successful In Both Business And In Life. (584 Views)

38 Career Tips You Must Know If You Want To Be Successful In Life / Anti Success Symptoms That Limits Our Progress In Life / Things You Must Give-up To Be Successful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Easy Ways To Be Successful In Both Business And In Life. by ModoetForma(m): 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
Why do some people succeed, while others fail to reach their goals? Here's one business owner's observations about what successful people do that others don't.In life, like in business, you have the people who are out there living it to the fullest and the bystanders letting it pass them by. You have the people who sit around and mope all day about how miserable their lives are, then you have the people who are out there crossing things off their bucket lists on a regular basis.
In business, you have the people who started from nothing and didn’t do anything to change their situations, like the people on occupy Wall St., then you have the people who saw whatever little opportunity they had and made the most of it.
Success is more than an idea, it is a state of mind. Although success is relative to each individual, the key to achieving success is the demeanor in which you go about living your life and taking advantage of opportunities that come to you.
Whether it be in life or in business, you should never take anything for granted and you should learn how to make the most of the situations that are presented to you.
10. Letting your gut-instincts keep you safe.This is more than street-smarts. I believe that gut instinct is not just some strange source but 1- the spiritual essence of us and our connection with the source of life, but also 2- it is a lifetime of observation and learning from experience. I surely have experienced life and I have spent my life observing people. I have the ability to peer into the insides of people. My mother could do it. She would make these statements about people she barely knew and she'd hit the nail on the head about their very essence. I too have this ability. The thing is it's not always something you can verbalize but your gut tells you some things right off the bat. This is a very useful thing in the business world and I believe we all have this ability but not everyone taps into it. Being able to read people doesn't mean that you immediately run or become best friends, it means that you proceed with caution filing away the info you've got on hand right now. If there is something queer about a business proposition, keep this up front as you examine it. You know in your gut when something's right and when something's not right.
9 A lifetime of self-examination- I cannot stress this enough.We are a work in progress. You will make mistakes, your attitude will change and you will grow. But if you don't take the time to examine yourself and your attitudes along the way, you run the risk of becoming stagnant and brittle. And brittle is a good candidate for crumbling dust. Examine your relationships with people, your business practices, not just your finances. In the end, it is your relationship with people that makes you successful in both life and business. If you find yourself having the same issues arise, it's time for some self-examination. What are you doing to contribute to this issue? What can you do to create a change?
8: Open mindedness to new ways of thinking.How many times have we seen people, throughout history, hold on to what they believe is the ONLY way to think, to find the world moving on without them? It was generally thought the automobile would never catch on; after all, weren't bicycles and trains more than enough? It doesn't mean you have to change your way of thinking or embrace it, just examine it, educate yourself about it and recognize that it may be here to stay.
7:Open mindedness to new technology--This relates to number 8 but in a business capacity, it is even more important. A pencil and paper may be your preferred method of working on finances, but you had better know a few things about technology or you and your pencil will be left behind. Sure you can hire others who know, but what you don't know CAN hurt you. Read! You can learn so much about anything by reading. And if you were tech savvy you would know the internet is the greatest addition to the library in regard to learning about everything!
6. Being streetwise and book-smart- There is nothing more important than having a reasonable balance of both. Naivety can cost you and not being educated to the level you need to function well in your chosen environment can cost you as well. Don't leave your street-smarts at the door in business environments but temper it with real knowledge as well.
Re: 10 Easy Ways To Be Successful In Both Business And In Life. by henrinity(m): 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
True talk Op..Nice one..
#gbagaun first to comment

(1) (Reply)

Two Weekend Classes On Satellite TV Installation, Maintenance In Abuja / 2015 Jamb Registration Access Code Available. Hurry While It Lasts! / “the Essential Skills For Customer Service Excellence” Master Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.