Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Amorc: School Or Secret Society? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Amorc: School Or Secret Society? (6654 Views)

My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc / What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? / What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amorc: School Or Secret Society? by walcott(m): 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2006
Wot does the house think about amorc. They claim to be a university of life. most people think they are a secret society. In Nigeria nothing is impossible.
Re: Amorc: School Or Secret Society? by Viper(m): 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2006
They are evil. Never ever go close to their belief.
Re: Amorc: School Or Secret Society? by walcott(m): 9:59pm On Jul 21, 2006
They are evil. Never ever go close to their belief.
How?

Explain more because there's nothing evil about their site www.amorc.org
I've been there a lot and I find them fascinating because I'm a lover of sciences and they talk a lot of matter and stuff like that, you know.
Re: Amorc: School Or Secret Society? by tafari(m): 11:16pm On Jul 21, 2006
@ viper, there is nothing evil about AMORC. The organisation is meant for people willing to learn more about themselves especially the inner mind.
It is a traditional,mystic and philosophical org. Most successful scholars/people are members, It is just the answer to quest for knowledge,
Re: Amorc: School Or Secret Society? by Bhola(f): 8:14am On Jul 22, 2006
Secret society.
Re: Amorc: School Or Secret Society? by Gwaine(m): 8:23am On Jul 22, 2006
I don't think the Rosicrucian Order (AMORC) has a leg to stand on its own as it is a syncretism of various religious ideologies with a slant or twist that leaves a big question mark hanging. One wonders why a movement that dabbles into occultism could be paraded as "nothing evil" - unless the idea is to hide or pretend this aspect of AMORC:

The teachings of Rosicrucianism combine elements of occultism reminiscent of a variety of religious beliefs and practices.
          (Source: Britannica Online).
Re: Amorc: School Or Secret Society? by tafari(m): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2006
@ Gwaine, Your position/opinion is fallacious.
It takes to be a member to understand what AMORC truly is all about.
Would you rather join for better understanding?
Re: Amorc: School Or Secret Society? by Gwaine(m): 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2006
@tafari,

Sorry, that wasn't my position or opinion - blame it on Britannica Online, because if you even bothered to check it out, you'll see I was quoting them. That AMORC is said to combine elements of occultism is very strong language that should warn any unsuspecting wayfarer, so don't try to dress it up.
Re: Amorc: School Or Secret Society? by kenshin(m): 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2006
The Rosicrucian Order is a secret society, u don't get to know what goes on in there until you join, it endorses occultism, astral projection and the like.
Re: Amorc: School Or Secret Society? by tafari(m): 12:30am On Jul 23, 2006
Yes.It is a secret society. But that doesnt make it Evil, Our belief in Occultism, astral projection etc is to help us develop ourselves. What is good is what benefit you, so if occultism does, it is good. The secrecy is the sacredness there.
Re: Amorc: School Or Secret Society? by Viper(m): 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2006
tafari:

Yes.It is a secret society. But that doesnt make it Evil, Our belief in Occultism, astral projection etc is to help us develop ourselves. What is good is what benefit you, so if occultism does, it is good. The secrecy is the sacredness there.
its not evil? shocked

tafari, how many people were you sent to initiate on nairaland? smiley
Re: Amorc: School Or Secret Society? by mandy4s: 8:08pm On Feb 17, 2012
see how lame this discussion is? it did not even attract up to ten different posters embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
you people should tune your idle minds to things more creative instead of arguing if garri is white color or oil-red color grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amorc: School Or Secret Society? by plaetton: 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2012
Gwaine:

I don't think the Rosicrucian Order (AMORC) has a leg to stand on its own as it is a syncretism of various religious ideologies with a slant or twist that leaves a big question mark hanging. One wonders why a movement that dabbles into occultism could be paraded as "nothing evil" - unless the idea is to hide or pretend this aspect of AMORC:

The teachings of Rosicrucianism combine elements of occultism reminiscent of a variety of religious beliefs and practices.
           (Source: Britannica Online).

What is ocultism? Every religion is occultic.
What is praying to an invisible diety, fasting, baptism, going to a temple on Sun-day.
, reverence to a cross symbol, worship of dead people(saints) and the veneration of the relics of dead saints, and so on and so on.
Are these not occultic practices?
Can these practices be said to be evil?

(1) (Reply)

Is The Jewish God Yahweh Really The Devil In Disguise? / T.b Joshua Is My Boy Says Ghanian Witch Doctor. (photo) / The Perfect Scriptures For Easter Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.