Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (200971 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
ofime123:
gowaga abeg any info this month will make it the 3rd month I submit my doc just fot verification ooo i call the line and it was switch off.
Hmmmmm! Those people got no .... I submitted Feb and they called me mid June. So anything is possible.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tundeham: 6:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hello guys, I was at the embassy last Thursday 2nd July 2015 and submitted my documents for visa application. I didn't pass through the long process of verification,maybe because I already have my admission letter,acceptance letter and other documents. The consular just requested for the documents and wrote a teller for me to pay 55euros to Ecobank for translation and authentication of my police character certificate,infact I didn't spend much time at the embassy,everything was sharply. I just pray God help all of us and we shall all be favoured by God's grace.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by ofime123(m): 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
hello house those that have apply for visa since February what is the out come?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 5:10am On Jul 07, 2015
tundeham:
Hello guys, I was at the embassy last Thursday 2nd July 2015 and submitted my documents for visa application. I didn't pass through the long process of verification,maybe because I already have my admission letter,acceptance letter and other documents. The consular just requested for the documents and wrote a teller for me to pay 55euros to Ecobank for translation and authentication of my police character certificate,infact I didn't spend much time at the embassy,everything was sharply. I just pray God help all of us and we shall all be favoured by God's grace.
Wishing you and all of us success.
Was it only 55 euro you paid? I was told 55 euro for police character report, and 15 euro per legalisation (stamp of document) if you want your document stamped (in case of (IBP) lastly did you use a sponsor account or personal account statement?
Hoping to hear from you soon
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tundeham: 12:09am On Jul 08, 2015
gowaga68:

Wishing you and all of us success.
Was it only 55 euro you paid? I was told 55 euro for police character report, and 15 euro per legalisation (stamp of document) if you want your document stamped (in case of (IBP) lastly did you use a sponsor account or personal account statement?
Hoping to hear from you soon

Thanks bro.
I paid only 55 euros, I didn't pay 15 euros for legalisation because it was not required for me. Am on a scholarship, so I didn't present any account.
My advice is that you should get your money changed to euro before going to abuja. It was very difficult before I got my Naira changed to euro, getting 5 euros was very difficult. I eventually changed the money at Sheraton before going to pay at Ecobank bank.
All the best bro!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
tundeham:

Thanks bro.
I paid only 55 euros, I didn't pay 15 euros for legalisation because it was not required for me. Am on a scholarship, so I didn't present any account.
My advice is that you should get your money changed to euro before going to abuja. It was very difficult before I got my Naira changed to euro, getting 5 euros was very difficult. I eventually changed the money at Sheraton before going to pay at Ecobank bank.
All the best bro!
I think I will only pay for the legalisation (stamping) for now and collect my document then apply for visa next time.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by ofime123(m): 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2015
gowaga68:

I think I will only pay for the legalisation (stamping) for now and collect my document then apply for visa next time.
that's what am going to do also bcus there delay is too much if they eventually call me I will just collect my document and apply next year. cus there is no way one can meet up in September
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 11:57pm On Jul 08, 2015
ofime123:
that's what am going to do also bcus there delay is too much if they eventually call me I will just collect my document and apply next year. cus there is no way one can meet up in September
That will give more time for the applicant. After all they said visa issue takes two weeks (as they said o).
How much did it take you to get Police Character and Health Report?
Taking my time to get those documents towards ending of the month. Was told those documents got life span.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by ofime123(m): 2:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
gowaga68:

That will give more time for the applicant. After all they said visa issue takes two weeks (as they said o).
How much did it take you to get Police Character and Health Report?
Taking my time to get those documents towards ending of the month. Was told those documents got life span.
I want to apply for MSc in IBP so I need to get the legalisation stamp from the embassy that what am waiting for.

this trend is no more lively

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by zoghys: 7:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ipb already complete their section for September 2014 admission, and here i am a student admitted for February 2015(second semester) still walking the street of Eko, expecting to get a decision from the Portugal embassy since March 2015. This embassy is the most inconsiderate and clueless consulate i have ever seen. Will somebody with a better information and has submitted his or her application tell me what the hell is going on??
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by zoghys: 5:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
Anyone who has gotten a visa decision by the Portugal embassy since February or March 2015 should inform the house?......
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by ofime123(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2015
zoghys:
Anyone who has gotten a visa decision by the Portugal embassy since February or March 2015 should inform the house?......
my brother am equally confused ooooooo am also watin for them also. i think that embassy workers don't know there job I try calling but no one will pick and when they pick no positive response.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tundeham: 8:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
zoghys:

But I read on this thread that the process of visa takes two weeks. Anyway, I think visa processing and approval depends on documents supplied and urgency of the visa. I was at the embassy early this month and the consular told me it will take like four weeks to process the visa and because my programme will commence in september, they will treat my application urgently. Best still, try to call the embassy from time to time to monitor the progress of your application.

Wish us all the best!
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tundeham: 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
zoghys:
zoghys:

But I read on this thread that the process of visa takes two weeks. Anyway, I think visa processing and approval depends on documents supplied and urgency of the visa. I was at the embassy early this month and the consular told me it will take like four weeks to process the visa and because my programme will commence in september, they will treat my application urgently. Best still, try to call the embassy from time to time to monitor the progress of your application.

Wish us all the best!
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by zoghys: 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
Bro, don't believe everything those people tell you. I have mailed and call them, and all they could tell me is that they are awaiting the decision from Portugal. The final decision to issue or deny a visa application is actually from Portugal, but they are not been quick about the whole thing.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tundeham: 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
zoghys:
Bro, don't believe everything those people tell you. I have mailed and call them, and all they could tell me is that they are awaiting the decision from Portugal. The final decision to issue or deny a visa application is actually from Portugal, but they are not been quick about the whole thing.

Well, I want to believe it's because your resumption is next year February that's why they ain't treating your application with urgency. You still have some months and am sure the Portuguese immigration department will decision when your resumption is close. Moreso, I learnt the embassy used an acting consular for some months before the new consular was brought and I think that must have caused some delay.
Let's all believe in God and be positive, it's well with us all.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2015
tundeham:

Well, I want to believe it's because your resumption is next year February that's why they ain't treating your application with urgency. You still have some months and am sure the Portuguese immigration department will decision when your resumption is close. Moreso, I learnt the embassy used an acting consular for some months before the new consular was brought and I think that must have caused some delay.
Let's all believe in God and be positive, it's well with us all.
Just my thoughts too, when was the new consulate brought and hope its not one fellow Nigerian again?
It's well sha.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tundeham: 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2015
gowaga68:

Just my thoughts too, when was the new consulate brought and hope its not one fellow Nigerian again?
It's well sha.
I don't know when the consular was brought but he is not a Nigerian. He's an African man and very welcoming.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
tundeham:

I don't know when the consular was brought but he is not a Nigerian. He's an African man and very welcoming.
The previous woman (African) was like she's the one issuing visa the way she acts. Made me mad the other time.
We still have to keep praying for positive out come.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by zoghys: 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
My admission is for February 2015, not February 2016. Please through my thread again. The Portugal embassy are just been impossible.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 11:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
zoghys:
My admission is for February 2015, not February 2016. Please through my thread again. The Portugal embassy are just been impossible.
Same thing to me too on the year 2015 not 16. You can tell the school to extend it to next year which most schools does over there.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by ofime123(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
most worst embassy have ever seen nawao
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 3:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
nothing we could do about them.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tundeham: 10:56am On Jul 22, 2015
zoghys:
Eiyah..so you missed the 2015 admission already. But what's the cause of the long delay since you submitted all required documents? In most European embassies visa processing is within two to three weeks but Portugal embassy is an exemption. But I think I should let you guys know this, the day I submitted my visa application at the embassy (early june), three people came for their documents which has been misplaced at the embassy. The new consular said he didn't know where the former consular kept their documents and this has caused delay in their visa processing. Although the new consular said he will contact the former consular, who is now in Brazil to know where she kept their files. That's was why I said we should check on the consular section regularly as regard the status of one's visa application. God will help us all IJN.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by zoghys: 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
Thanks all for the words of encouragement, i will do just what you guys suggest.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by ofime123(m): 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
tundeham:

Eiyah..so you missed the 2015 admission already. But what's the cause of the long delay since you submitted all required documents? In most European embassies visa processing is within two to three weeks but Portugal embassy is an exemption. But I think I should let you guys know this, the day I submitted my visa application at the embassy (early june), three people came for their documents which has been misplaced at the embassy. The new consular said he didn't know where the former consular kept their documents and this has caused delay in their visa processing. Although the new consular said he will contact the former consular, who is now in Brazil to know where she kept their files. That's was why I said we should check on the consular section regularly as regard the status of one's visa application. God will help us all IJN.
bros don't mind even the new consular hr was the one I submitted my document for legalization and up till now no respond from him document I submitted since march up till now I try calling there line always switch off funny embassy.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Cameroon1979: 9:21am On Jul 29, 2015
tundeham:

@Tundeham, have you heard from the embassy? Did they tell you how long it takes to process a student visa application?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
I will be at the Embassy early next month. House any news?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by ofime123(m): 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2015
gowaga68:
I will be at the Embassy early next month. House any news?
bros no news yet the embassy have frustrate people in this trend that is why nobody even care to reply or post comment I call them today and I can't even here what the man is saying I had to cut and recall but nobody pick my call I don't think those people really no there job.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
ofime123:
bros no news yet the embassy have frustrate people in this trend that is why nobody even care to reply or post comment I call them today and I can't even here what the man is saying I had to cut and recall but nobody pick my call I don't think those people really no there job.
I still have faith no matter what until then end. I guess thye consulate (new one as I was told) doesn't speaks much english. Going there should be the only option for me. Did sent them a mail which am yet to get reply of it.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by gowaga68: 9:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
Faith matters in life
Was at the embassy today.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tdayof(m): 9:59pm On Aug 18, 2015
Hy guys.. What's up with everything?

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (59) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2

Viewing this topic: Flightlinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.