Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (201408 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by chiefolotu(m): 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ok thank you.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
TheRoyalprince:
After payment of your tuition fee (1st installment). The school will direct you to the province hospital for your Health Insurance and from there to SEF with your school ID card and Payment receipt in order to get your resident permit card. Note: The resident permit is to be renew every year.

For Undergraduate application: Portugal has just passed a law this year that all applicant have to legalized their educational docs for admission and visa but some schools have not adopted it so you can use that opportunity to apply to school of your choice. As for Postgraduate, you don't need such, you only have to authenticate your transcript/result from NUC.
is it still this way?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Chydobe: 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
Please I just got an admission for Msc Uni Algarve, I have been sent my admission letter, and Certificate for visa from the school, I wish to apply for visa please can anyone help me with the procedures and requirements, Your information will be so much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
Chydobe:
Please I just got an admission for Msc Uni Algarve, I have been sent my admission letter, and Certificate for visa from the school, I wish to apply for visa please can anyone help me with the procedures and requirements, Your information will be so much appreciated.
i dont know much though buh i think you should try google portugal embassy in nigeria website.. i bet you'd find every info you need there.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 11:39am On Sep 05, 2016
Chydobe:

I also got admission into this university, let chart and discuss for what to do next.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by obycindy: 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
Good day all,kindly assist me on the university to apply for masters program. (February intake) someone should please assist me.I don't know how to start this.
Your Urgent and kind assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
Nice work
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by bubulistic(m): 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
Good evening
Please I want know the best and cheapest country to study medicine and also how I go about for the admission and living Costs...thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 2:45pm On Feb 08, 2017
Any nairaland study in University of Algarve in Faro, Portugal. Or living in Faro state, Portugal. I was granted a student visa into University of the Algarve in Faro, Portugal. Pls, let talk or send email to taiwoadex96@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by DrSleekQas(m): 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
UI1:
Any nairaland study in University of Algarve in Faro, Portugal. Or living in Faro state, Portugal. I was granted a student visa into University of the Algarve in Faro, Portugal. Pls, let talk or send email to taiwoadex96@gmail.com
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Rapahel1116: 7:17am On Feb 09, 2017
Good morning guys ,
Pls I u guys shouldn b annonyed for me asking this question here ....pls I wanna apply for an undergraduate course in Austria ..I am 17 yrs old . and the university in Graz and Vienna has been telling me to send my original documents if not I my documents won't b accepted ....and it mist b sent by post ...my question is y ? If I legalize my original documents na problem oh cos am not sure I will b able to apply to another country .cos I wanna also apply to a uni in Finland ....esp that uni Graz theirs de kill me ....I have explained to them if I can use my photocopied documents and certify it .den legalize bt no no no ...dem no gree ...that I should legalize my original documents .I even told the lady I won't b applying only to their uni bt she insisted selling me dat if I send it I can request for it after a week that It would b sent to me by mail .so guys me I confuse oh.....wat will i do ,should I just leave Austria and consider other countries?..cos unis in Germany don't request for that kind of stuff .And what's the diff btw certification and legalization ?
Thank you .
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 11:36am On Feb 09, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Good morning guys ,
Pls I u guys shouldn b annonyed for me asking this question here ....pls I wanna apply for an undergraduate course in Austria ..I am 17 yrs old . and the university in Graz and Vienna has been telling me to send my original documents if not I my documents won't b accepted ....and it mist b sent by post ...my question is y ? If I legalize my original documents na problem oh cos am not sure I will b able to apply to another country .cos I wanna also apply to a uni in Finland ....esp that uni Graz theirs de kill me ....I have explained to them if I can use my photocopied documents and certify it .den legalize bt no no no ...dem no gree ...that I should legalize my original documents .I even told the lady I won't b applying only to their uni bt she insisted selling me dat if I send it I can request for it after a week that It would b sent to me by mail .so guys me I confuse oh.....wat will i do ,should I just leave Austria and consider other countries?..cos unis in Germany don't request for that kind of stuff .And what's the diff btw certification and legalization ?
Thank you .

Do not send your original document to them, also only legalize photography not original. You can check other schools requirement

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Rapahel1116: 3:18pm On Feb 09, 2017
UI1:

Do not send your original document to them, also only legalize photography not original. You can check other schools requirement
But dats wat uni Graz and Vienna are asking for
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Koats14(m): 11:01pm On Feb 09, 2017
@UI1, did you apply for undergraduate studies or masters at the university of Algarve?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 10:51am On Feb 10, 2017
Rapahel1116:
But dats wat uni Graz and Vienna are asking for

Look for another school
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 10:52am On Feb 10, 2017
Koats14:
@UI1, did you apply for undergraduate studies or masters at the university of Algarve?

I applid for masters at the university of Algarve
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Koats14(m): 2:44pm On Feb 10, 2017
UI1:

I applid for masters at the university of Algarve
Okay bro. success in your endeavours. I would love to study in Portugal, but I'm still an undergraduate. Maybe for masters though. Undergraduate studies is so very expensive right now!
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2017
Koats14:
Okay bro. success in your endeavours. I would love to study in Portugal, but I'm still an undergraduate. Maybe for masters though. Undergraduate studies is so very expensive right now!

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Rapahel1116: 8:56pm On Feb 13, 2017
Please who knws about schooling in Austria? All abt the procedures.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Xadeeq: 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
UI1:

I also got admission into this university, let chart and discuss for what to do next.

Hello to everyone in this forum. I am sure the has been silence here for a while. I hope I would be able to bring it back to life with my question because I need a lot of contribution from you guys. I am really counting on you all.

I got admission MSc. into NOVA IMS. And my resumption is slated for September 2017. I immediately contacted the Portugal Embassy, Abuja and this was their reply:

[i]Good morning,

With reference to your email below, the Consular Section informs that it will first verify your certificate/s. Therefore, you have to stamp the photocopy of the certificate/s and transcript/s at the Federal Ministry of Education before bringing them to the Embassy. Depending on the level of education, the verification process has cost implication.
If the result of the verification is positive, you will be contacted to come to apply for the visa with the following documents:

- a valid passport,
- copy of data page of the passport and any other page with a visa or stamp,
- very clearly completed application form,
- 2 recent coloured passport photos,
- copy of school certificates stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country,
- Police Character certificate stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country,
- letter of acceptance from the school in Portugal,
- evidence of accommodation in Portugal,
- proof of financial capability if you are not on scholarship.

The Police Character Certificate will be translated and authenticated by this Consular Section at the cost of 55 Euros (paid in Naira, according to the exchange rate for the month).

You must apply in person. Consular Section is open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9.30a.m. and 12.30p.m. except on Portuguese and Nigerian National holidays.

Please note that if you will require your certificate/s legalised by this Consular Section, the fee is 15 Euros per document (paid in Naira, according to the exchange rate for the month).

Visas are granted or denied by Portugal and this visa has a long processing period, so the Embassy does not keep the passport. When the reply is received from Portugal, the Embassy contacts the applicant.

Regards,
Embassy of Portugal[/I]

Almost everything is clear. However, I need clarification from those who have gone through this process. I am based in lagos and my schedule is very tight. For those who have gone through this Student Visa Application Process (especially recently) please share your experiences/advise:

1. How long does this Verification of Certificate/Transcripts By the Embassy take?
2. From whom are they verifying?
3. Is there a way to speed things up (if verification is with my school)?
4. As I am in Lagos, can I send someone to submit the Credentials for me (proxy submission)? What would I need, in addition, to give to the person?
5. Whats the specs for the Passport photo collected at the embassy?
6. I currently do not have accommodation in Portugal, I will only get it when my visa is ready and pay my remaining school fees. This would even probably mean when I get to Portugal. How do I make case for this during Visa Application?
7. For the proof of financial capability, I am not sponsoring myself. Whoever my sponsor is, what is the minimum amount that should be in the Person's Account? Remaining school fees is about 4000 EUROs. Does Block Account apply here?
8. After verification and submission of Visa Application, how long does it take to hear from the embassy?

These and many more are my questions. Please help out in answering them.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 3:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
@ xadeeq

Firstly, Congratulation for securing an admission in Portugal. The journey is very near to you if you follow the following steps:

1. How long does this Verification of Certificate/Transcripts By the Embassy take?

Answer: It takes time but since you are applying for master not undergraduate just ignore the verification at their embassy until all your documents is ready for submission.

2. From whom are they verifying?
Ans: for post graduate they verify at NUC but for O.Level Certificate at the various Secondary Schools.

3. Is there a way to speed things up (if verification is with my school)?
Ans: Yes, if you went to submitted just your academy certificate it will take much time and money for going and coming to Abuja. Wait till all your documents is ready. This logic is only for those going for post graduate course not undergraduate. Undergraduate needs to go for verification first and pay 50,000 naira before submitting other documents.

4. As I am in Lagos, can I send someone to submit the Credentials for me (proxy submission)? What would I need, in addition, to give to the person?
Ans: You can not send someone to submit on your behave you have to be there in person. I meet Cameroonians and Ghanaians in my school they told me that they applied for their Portugal visa in Nigeria. I asked them did you send it through courier services or send someone. Both replied that is not possible, they have to traveled to Nigeria in person to submitted their documents.

5. Whats the specs for the Passport photo collected at the embassy?
Ans: if your visa is granted the passport photo will be in that visa.

6. I currently do not have accommodation in Portugal, I will only get it when my visa is ready and pay my remaining school fees. This would even probably mean when I get to Portugal. How do I make case for this during Visa Application?

Ans: Send a mail to the school and request for hostel accommodation and included in you mail that you we need the accommodation letter for visa processing. Do that as soon as possible, if possible tomorrow morning send them a mail. Because Portugal visa takes longer time at their embassy.

7. For the proof of financial capability, I am not sponsoring myself. Whoever my sponsor is, what is the minimum amount that should be in the Person's Account? Remaining school fees is about 4000 EUROs. Does Block Account apply here?
Ans: Block account is not applying in Portugal. Make sure that the money in your sponsorer account is above 1.5 million, 2m to 2.5 million is ok.

8. After verification and submission of Visa Application, how long does it take to hear from the embassy?

Ans: It takes time because the Portugal embassy in Abuja is only one attending to all other west African countries. Therefore, you need to get all the document in time and submit it if possible by April. Also, the embassy will still need to take it to their home office in Portugal for decision on it. And here people applying for study in Portugal are many from various part of the world especially the Brazilian, Ukrainian, Turkey and some of the countries they colonies in Africa.
Even here in Portugal to book appointment at their immigration office for resident permit it will take them up to a month before them called you for interview. Because people are many applying for their permit.

Hope the little i said will help you and others.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by hybeenoni: 3:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
@ UI1 I appreciate the way u responded to the last post.

My question is this, from your personal experience, how easy is securing part time job there, can the part time job sustain all my expenses, assuming I intend sponsoring myself?

I intend applying to university of Lisbon.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 11:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
hybeenoni:
@ UI1 I appreciate the way u responded to the last post.

My question is this, from your personal experience, how easy is securing part time job there, can the part time job sustain all my expenses, assuming I intend sponsoring myself?

I intend applying to university of Lisbon.

Please make sure you have 1,000 euro at hand that we enable you to pay part of tuition fee and 2-3 month accommodation. Getting job is depending on your ability to speak Portuguese, you can get without speaking Portuguese but very slim. Therefore start learning the language online if you intended to study and work.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Xadeeq: 9:33am On Mar 28, 2017
Dear UI1

Very Many Thanks. I am very grateful for your quick response.

I just want to confirm your response and decide on the action to take. Please pardon my being inquisitive. Na money and time matter ooo.

If I get you well, what you are saying is that I should ignore their "document verification" part and just go with ALL my Visa Application documents ready to submit it on my first visit? I would really like that if they can just accept it all at once: both for document verification and visa application and let me return to Lagos and wait (that waiting period though ! angry sad undecided).

Please do you know anyone who has done it (submission of all documents both for verification and visa application) on one go, like this before?

Once again, many thanks for your time. I would love to hear from you and may others soon and plan to share my experiences too as events unfold.

Y'all have a nice day ahead...
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 10:23pm On Mar 28, 2017
Xadeeq:
Dear UI1

Very Many Thanks. I am very grateful for your quick response.

I just want to confirm your response and decide on the action to take. Please pardon my being inquisitive. Na money and time matter ooo.

If I get you well, what you are saying is that I should ignore their "document verification" part and just go with ALL my Visa Application documents ready to submit it on my first visit? I would really like that if they can just accept it all at once: both for document verification and visa application and let me return to Lagos and wait (that waiting period though ! angry sad undecided).

Please do you know anyone who has done it (submission of all documents both for verification and visa application) on one go, like this before?

Once again, many thanks for your time. I would love to hear from you and may others soon and plan to share my experiences too as events unfold.

Y'all have a nice day ahead...

When I got admission to study in Portugal last year, I sent an email to the Portugal embassy in Nigeria and they replied me with exactly massage they sent to you. But when I contacted those that have done it before I was advice to take this steps:

Get all your documents ready then go to Abuja. Start from Ministry of Education Certify your O,Level Certificate, Bsc Statement of Result or Bsc Certificate and Transcript. After that proceed to Ministry of Foreign Affairs Certify your O,Level Certificate, Bsc Statement of Result or Bsc Certificate, Transcript and Police Character. Both ministries we take you one day.

The next day go to the embassy and submit the following document:

1. Admission Letter
2. Accommodation Letter
3. Bsc Result
4. Transcript
5. Police Character
6. Bank Statement
7. Sponsorship Letter
8. Study Leave Letter from place of work
9. International Passport
10. One photo Passport
11. 20 or 21,000 Naira for Translation of Police Character.

When you get there the consular we cross check your documents and issue a bank teller for the payment for Translation of Police Character.
The verification will be done along with visa processing.

Note: If any of the above listed document missed or you failed to submit it you will be called to bring it. That means another cost of transportation to Abuja. It happens to me be aware.

Good Luck to you and to the rest in the forum

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Xadeeq: 12:17am On Mar 29, 2017
Spot ON!!!

Thanks very much.

Everything is clear. I already sent my credentials to Abuja for stamping at the MOE and MFA. They are both ready. I should get every other documents ready before mid next week and be ready for Abuja by Thursday.

Please shed more light on the "Study Leave Letter from place of work" part. Is this a MUST

What if my work place didn't agree with me and I plan to resign?

This is my only worry.

Thanks for the insight and heads-up. Expecting your insightful reply (as usual).
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by UI1: 8:08am On Mar 29, 2017
Xadeeq:
Spot ON!!!

Thanks very much.

Everything is clear. I already sent my credentials to Abuja for stamping at the MOE and MFA. They are both ready. I should get every other documents ready before mid next week and be ready for Abuja by Thursday.

Please shed more light on the "Study Leave Letter from place of work" part. Is this a MUST

What if my work place didn't agree with me and I plan to resign?

This is my only worry.

Thanks for the insight and heads-up. Expecting your insightful reply (as usual).

Do not resign.

If you can get your company letter head paper case close just write what you want to write.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by kokobi99: 3:46am On Apr 02, 2017
UI1:

Do not resign.

If you can get your company letter head paper case close just write what you want to write.

Please, after submission of all the document to the embassy, how long will it take to be processed? thank you

I don't have admission yet and yet to apply, just weighing my options.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (59) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.