Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,451 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (200935 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
TheRoyalprince: I just collect acceptance letter for someone and I was told they have highest application from Nigeria and they might reserve number of place for some courses. Fortunately, I was rest assured that all Nigeria applicants will be treated with utmost priority. I'm still in talk with 2 schools to see if they give concession to applicant from Nigeria.
God bless you bro... hope the feedback will be positive... please how and when are we to pay the application fee or do we have to be admitted before that? Still waiting for there reply. @ moneybag100 I want to apply to University of Evora but it seems they've not started accepting applications. Please if you find other schools abeg post here too thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by holyboss: 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
HelloT:
God bless you bro... hope the feedback will be positive... please how and when are we to pay the application fee or do we have to be admitted before that? Still waiting for there reply. @ moneybag100 I want to apply to University of Evora but it seems they've not started accepting applications. Please if you find other schools abeg post here too thanks.
bro r u applying for undergraduate or post?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 6:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
holyboss: bro r u applying for undergraduate or post?
Undergrad. You?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by holyboss: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
HelloT:
Undergrad. You?
me too, am just starting out. pls can u put me through wit tinz uve learn abt schools dir? i will really appret8 ur kind help.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
holyboss: me too, am just starting out. pls can u put me through wit tinz uve learn abt schools dir? i will really appret8 ur kind help. I have bbm nd whatsapp
No need of whatsapp or bbm we discuss everything here so others can learn too. I've applied in one school so far... this link will help you http://www.utad.pt/vPT/Area2/servicos/ServicosAcademicos/concursos/aes/Paginas/EstInt2014/home_ei.aspx after going through it... click on the applicaton link and fill and submit the necessary documents. The school is utad and tuition is around 2500 euros per year. Try and read from page 1.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by justwise(m): 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
HelloT:
No need of whatsapp or bbm we discuss everything here so others can learn too. I've applied in one school so far... this link will help you http://www.utad.pt/vPT/Area2/servicos/ServicosAcademicos/concursos/aes/Paginas/EstInt2014/home_ei.aspx after going through it... click on the applicaton link and fill and submit the necessary documents. The school is utad and tuition is around 2500 euros per year. Try and read from page 1.

1000 Likes

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tlk2Prince(m): 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
Same with me man. Am waitin 4Evora aswell although I mailed d school but thy made it known 2me dat thy are not acceptin application for admixn yet until August 18... Checked Utad sha but thr tuition is out of my budget.... @TheRoyalPrince I see u nice1
HelloT:
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
HelloT:
Oh that's good.....do they offered low tuition fee and teaches in english?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by surethings(m): 5:09am On Aug 13, 2014
TheRoyalprince:
Acceptance Letter.
AMEN!!
We they mail me the acceptance letter or i will get it via email? @TheRoyalprince

you are really doing a great job here i will appreciate if you can help us search for more school. so that we will not put our head in one basket.
more school more hope
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lillaowow(m): 6:25am On Aug 13, 2014
lovesavvi: @royalprince, Can sumone use relative as sponsorer for portugal student visa application?
Lovesavvi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Ty207: 6:30am On Aug 13, 2014
TheRoyalprince: @moneybag100. This is the application link. http://www.utad.pt/vPT/Area2/servicos/ServicosAcademicos/concursos/aes/Paginas/EstInt2014/home_ei.aspx
These are the major docs that embassy require: Bank Statement, Sponsor Letter, Police Character Report, Acceptance Letter, Accommodation Confirmation (though some school state accommodation address on acceptance letter while some schools issue letter for it). The embassy have right to request for additional documents.
Furthermore, you have to authenticate, verify and legalize your docs before you can apply for visa. You take your docs to Fed Min of Education, then to Fed Min of Foreign Affairs, then you pay N55,000 to the embassy lawyer chamber account which the embassy will give you payment teller to Zenith Bank. After payment, you submit one of the teller copy and your docs to the embassy. These process of verification and legalization takes 2 months and it is a very rigorous process.

According to the school admission begins 11th sept 2014 which is less than a month now..... how can someone do all this if offered admission? cos without legalization one cannot get visa right?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 8:04am On Aug 13, 2014
moneybag100:
Oh that's school.....do they offered low tuition fee and teaches in english?
Yea.. there tuition is lower than utad's. Seems they will put you through their language school in the first semester. Let's wait for our main man @ theroyalprince to confirm.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
lillaowow: hi Rabbi, if one apply now, the admission is for fall or winter? Thanks.
It was stated on the school web. Pls go through the web again.
HelloT: Awesome.... God bless you bro. Please this one we are applying for, when will session start? and do we have to be in Portugal in September for the enrollment or is it done online?
Also, how long should we wait for the email on instructions on how to pay the application fee? and even to know if we are accepted cos I heard they won't treat your application till you pay application fee and they haven't sent us an email to that regards.
Don't worry about the application fee. I have talk to them on that and that was part of the concession they have for applicants from Nigeria.
sextail: Please can someone help expatiate on the three 2nd cycles; continuity masters, advanced specialization masters and lifelong learning masters
Thank you
Continuity M.Sc means M.Sc in Management Courses.
Advanced Specialization M.Sc means. M.Sc in Technical and Engineering Courses (Some schools. In Medical Courses).
Life Long Learning M.Sc means M.Sc in Educational programmes and somee few courses.
HelloT:
I think University of Evora application will open on 18th of August, 2014, that is next week Monday. You can search through bro. The cheaper ones I know have closed application for this year so till next year. May be you wait or you put in for Evora.
surethings:
AMEN!!
We they mail me the acceptance letter or i will get it via email? @TheRoyalprince
you are really doing a great job here i will appreciate if you can help us search for more school. so that we will not put our head in one basket.
more school more hope
They'll email you your acceptance.
Ty207:
According to the school admission begins 11th sept 2014 which is less than a month now..... how can someone do all this if offered admission? cos without legalization one cannot get visa right?
I would have dash you €100 if you're here. Very good question. I have been expecting someone to ask me this. The earlier the better you start doing your verification and legalization process. You don't need to wait for acceptance letter to do such. Thee embassy won't request for your acceptance letter for such process.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
You call all try Institute Polytechnic of Portalegre.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hello,

Admission to Institute Polytechnic of Portalegre.

We are pleased to inform you that application is available for International Student at IPP in http://www.ipportalegre.pt/html1/4acesso%20ao%20ensino%20superior/5Estudante%20Internacional.aspx.

To complete the application process, you must now send by servicos.academicos@ipportalegre.pt, copies of the following documents mentioned in the application form:
- Official document certifying completion of Portuguese secondary education or equivalent legal qualification issued by another country
- Official document stating the grades obtained in the examinations of the Portuguese secondary or national exam for admission to higher education or equivalent from another country

Best Regards

Com os melhores cumprimentos,

Ana Ventura
Serviços Académicos e Bolsas

Praça do Município | Apartado 84 | 7301-901 Portalegre
Telef. +351 245 301 500 | Fax +351 245 330 353

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
TheRoyalprince:
It was stated on the school web. Pls go through the web again.

Don't worry about the application fee. I have talk to them on that and that was part of the concession they have for applicants from Nigeria.

Continuity M.Sc means M.Sc in Management Courses.
Advanced Specialization M.Sc means. M.Sc in Technical and Engineering Courses (Some schools. In Medical Courses).
Life Long Learning M.Sc means M.Sc in Educational programmes and somee few courses.

I think University of Evora application will open on 18th of August, 2014, that is next week Monday. You can search through bro. The cheaper ones I know have closed application for this year so till next year. May be you wait or you put in for Evora.

They'll email you your acceptance.

I would have dash you €100 if you're here. Very good question. I have been expecting someone to ask me this. The earlier the better you start doing your verification and legalization process. You don't need to wait for acceptance letter to do such. Thee embassy won't request for your acceptance letter for such process.
I emailed the embassy at abuja and they said it can't meet up for september/october entry that time isn't on my side and it takes up to 3 months for all processing....and please which cheaper school do you have for next year if they can issue admission letter by september and one begins visa process by October it will be accurate for January intake.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
TheRoyalprince: Hello,

Admission to Institute Polytechnic of Portalegre.

We are pleased to inform you that application is available for International Student at IPP in http://www.ipportalegre.pt/html1/4acesso%20ao%20ensino%20superior/5Estudante%20Internacional.aspx.

To complete the application process, you must now send by servicos.academicos@ipportalegre.pt, copies of the following documents mentioned in the application form:
- Official document certifying completion of Portuguese secondary education or equivalent legal qualification issued by another country
- Official document stating the grades obtained in the examinations of the Portuguese secondary or national exam for admission to higher education or equivalent from another country

Best Regards

Com os melhores cumprimentos,

Ana Ventura
Serviços Académicos e Bolsas

Praça do Município | Apartado 84 | 7301-901 Portalegre
Telef. +351 245 301 500 | Fax +351 245 330 353
Bro ths is not connecting bring error page: http://www.ipportalegre.pt/html1/4acesso%20ao%20ensino%20superior/5Estudante%20Internacional.aspx
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
moneybag100:
I emailed the embassy at abuja and they said it can't meet up for september/october entry that time isn't on my side and it takes up to 3 months for all processing....and please which cheaper school do you have for next year if they can issue admission letter by september and one begins visa process by October it will be accurate for January intake.
I think he said you don't need acceptance letter before you start the process of legalizing docs... @ theroyalprince please correct me if I'm wrong. Moneybag100 I think what we should do now is start the process and get all required documents ready for February intake. I think some schools start accepting applications for feb on october...
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
moneybag100:
I emailed the embassy at abuja and they said it can't meet up for september/october entry that time isn't on my side and it takes up to 3 months for all processing....
Oops! You can hold on to your acceptance, by next year, you mail the school to send you another acceptance letter instead of re-applying as fresh applicant.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
HelloT:
I think he said you don't need acceptance letter before you start the process of legalizing docs... @ theroyalprince please correct me if I'm wrong. Moneybag100 I think what we should do now is start the process and get all required documents ready for February intake. I think some schools start accepting applications for feb on october...
You don't need acceptance letter before you verify and legalize your docs. The reason why the gentleman was told that it was late for September/October intake was because the verification won't be ready when the classes will start. You can tell the embassy that you want to do it against next session admission.
moneybag100:
Bro ths is not connecting bring error page: http://www.ipportalegre.pt/html1/4acesso%20ao%20ensino%20superior/5Estudante%20Internacional.aspx
http://www.ipportalegre.pt/html1/4acesso ao ensino superior/5Estudante Internacional.aspx
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
moneybag100:

http://www.ipportalegre.pt
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
TheRoyalprince:
You don't need acceptance letter before you verify and legalize your docs. The reason why the gentleman was told that it was late for September/October intake was because the verification won't be ready when the classes will start. You can tell the embassy that you want to do it against next session admission.
Thanks bro and thanks a lot for telling the school to wave application fee for those of us from naija... one more thing, how do I locate the Portuguese culture/language school in Lagos? I think it will be wise to start learning Portuguese and if possible learn to B1... I know it's not required for visa... but I think it's a good idea. Please help me with the address I can't find it online. And again, If we get accepted for summer, is there a possibility of them using it for spring intake(February intake) if you request?

Thanks for the good work my brother... and sorry if my questions are too much.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Ty207: 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
here is the correct link: http://www.ipportalegre.pt/html1/4Acesso%20ao%20Ensino%20Superior/5Estudante%20Internacional.aspx

TheRoyalprince: like you said to verify and legalize your document you have to pay 55k to Portuguese embassy
my question: how can someone pay this money when admission is not sure. or let me put this way
what if someone do the verification and legalization and at the end no admission?

TheRoyalprince:
You don't need acceptance letter before you verify and legalize your docs. The reason why the gentleman was told that it was late for September/October intake was because the verification won't be ready when the classes will start.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ty207: here is the correct link: http://www.ipportalegre.pt/html1/4Acesso%20ao%20Ensino%20Superior/5Estudante%20Internacional.aspx

TheRoyalprince: like you said to verify and legalize your document you have to pay 55k to poland embassy...
my question: how can someone pay this money when admission is not sure. or let me put this way
what if someone do the verification and legalization and at the end no admission?

poland embassy
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Ty207: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2014
TheRoyalprince: @moneybag100. This is the application link. http://www.utad.pt/vPT/Area2/servicos/ServicosAcademicos/concursos/aes/Paginas/EstInt2014/home_ei.aspx
These are the major docs that embassy require: Bank Statement, Sponsor Letter, Police Character Report, Acceptance Letter, Accommodation Confirmation (though some school state accommodation address on acceptance letter while some schools issue letter for it). The embassy have right to request for additional documents.
Furthermore, you have to authenticate, verify and legalize your docs before you can apply for visa. You take your docs to Fed Min of Education, then to Fed Min of Foreign Affairs, then you pay N55,000 to the embassy lawyer chamber account which the embassy will give you payment teller to Zenith Bank. After payment, you submit one of the teller copy and your docs to the embassy. These process of verification and legalization takes 2 months and it is a very rigorous process.

sorry i mean Portuguese embassy
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tlk2Prince(m): 8:13pm On Aug 13, 2014
@TheRoyalprince, is it compulsory to learn portuges language? Coz I see its among the requirements for Undergraduate programe. I plan to get a very affordable(low tuition)
University in portugal, I know the process takes some month so I'd like to get the acceptance letter and possibly run d legalz nd evri evri den pesin fit resume next year!!! I hope its possible
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 14, 2014
Please can anyone help me with the list of schools that does not collect application fee because I have spent too much to apply to schools thank you royalprince thank u all

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tlk2Prince(m): 7:22am On Aug 14, 2014
My guy e go hard ooh but I hope there would be anyway.. Even in oda EU con3 skuls now request application fee...
lekibraky: Please can anyone help me with the list of schools that does not collect application fee because I have spent too much to apply to schools thank you royalprince thank u all
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
tlk2Prince: @TheRoyalprince, is it compulsory to learn portuges language? Coz I see its among the requirements for Undergraduate programe. I plan to get a very affordable(low tuition)
University in portugal, I know the process takes some month so I'd like to get the acceptance letter and possibly run d legalz nd evri evri den pesin fit resume next year!!! I hope its possible
In as much you're schooling and living in Portugal, to learn the language is the best. Everyone want low tuition but why not put in for something and see how it goes.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tlk2Prince(m): 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
@TheRoyalPrince am on it mahn!! Waitin for Evora actually. Well I wanted 2knw if its compulsory to learn the portugese language b4 travellin? I know its a must 4me once I get there!!!! Thanks for your tireless effort Bruv..
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
tlk2Prince: @TheRoyalPrince am on it mahn!! Waitin for Evora actually. Well I wanted 2knw if its compulsory to learn the portugese language b4 travellin? I know its a must 4me once I get there!!!! Thanks for your tireless effort Bruv..
It's not must before you travel but when you get there it might be must if you feel you need it.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 8:54am On Aug 18, 2014
Has University of Evora gotten back to anyone that applied during the pre-application for international students? I applied but haven't heard anything since then and can't find the link to the full application.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.