Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,214 members, 7,807,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Answering Phone Calls With The Right Ear: Unhealthy Or Not? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Answering Phone Calls With The Right Ear: Unhealthy Or Not? (45678 Views)

Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. / List Of All Unhealthy Foods/drinks And Quantities. / PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answering Phone Calls With The Right Ear: Unhealthy Or Not? by Havilah93(m): 10:06am On Aug 02, 2014
While some people argue that answering phone calls with the right ear is bad for the brain, some say it matters less which ear is used in answering phone calls. I recently stumbled upon an articles on the Internet, some stating that it doesn't matter which ear is used in answering, others stating otherwise.

In a new study out of Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, published in JAMA Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, researchers found that most people who hold their cell phones to their left ear are right-hemisphere dominant, while most who hold their cell phones to their right ear are left-hemisphere dominant.

When you try to call someone through mobile phone, do not put your mobile closer to your ears until the recipient answers. Because directly after dialing the mobile phone, it would use its maximum signaling power, which is 2 watts which is equal to 33 dbi. Please be careful. Message as received (Save your brain. Please use your left ear while using cell (mobile), because if you use the right one, it will affect the brain directly. This is a true fact from many researches performed by the medical teams around the world.

I'm throwing the question up to health personnel in the house. Which ear is best for answering phone calls?
If I use my right ear, should I switch to the left?
Or doesn't it really matter?
Re: Answering Phone Calls With The Right Ear: Unhealthy Or Not? by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 02, 2014
use the left ear
Re: Answering Phone Calls With The Right Ear: Unhealthy Or Not? by itsmine: 10:21am On Aug 02, 2014
Op. I've come across several articles on d subject &maybe I'm right hemisphere, notice great difference in both. I feel better when I use d left ear. Let's have members' opinions first.
Re: Answering Phone Calls With The Right Ear: Unhealthy Or Not? by Havilah93(m): 10:38am On Aug 02, 2014
hopelink1: use the left ear

What if I'm right handed?
Re: Answering Phone Calls With The Right Ear: Unhealthy Or Not? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 02, 2014
Havilah93:

What if I'm right handed?
just use the left ear , it is better unless you wanna become a deaf man
Re: Answering Phone Calls With The Right Ear: Unhealthy Or Not? by Felvet(f): 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
I don't feel comfortable using the right ear, so I always use the left
Re: Answering Phone Calls With The Right Ear: Unhealthy Or Not? by Younghacka(m): 6:56pm On Jan 22, 2022
shocked shocked shocked
How This Thread With Over 40k Views Is Still On Its First Page Of Comments Is A Topic That Needs To Be Studied By Oxford.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? / "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole / My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.