Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria (35440 Views)

16 Normal Greetings In Other Countries Which Seem Odd / How Ethical Is Aborting Foetuses Diagnosed With Abnormalities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by Meti99(m): 7:33am On Aug 04, 2014
grin grin
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by Meti99(m): 7:36am On Aug 04, 2014
You forgot to include boko bois BOMB blast ....
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:36am On Aug 04, 2014
7. Nigerians supporting a puppet for 2015 presidency
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by UjSizzle(f): 7:41am On Aug 04, 2014
CFCfan: Someone begging for transport fare for 4 years shocked grin is a cretinous person, an absolute troglodyte and a hopeless scaly wag.
Lol No. The 4yrs guy wasn't begging for transport, he was just begging. Very healthy fella. I suppose he was building a house with our monthly allowances undecided
Imagine collecting money from almost every department in about 5 different universities everyday. Now that's hustling grin
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 04, 2014
UjSizzle: Lol No. The 4yrs guy wasn't begging for transport, he was just begging. Very healthy fella. I suppose he was building a house with our monthly allowances undecided
Imagine collecting money from almost every department in about 5 different universities everyday. Now that's hustling grin
Dear, I call that fraud. If I had my way, that guy would rot in jail for a long time.
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by pek(m): 7:49am On Aug 04, 2014
@ op. it is hear and not here. I don't agree with you on the "change " issue. if the conductor doesn't have it, what do you expect him to do? Imagine boarding a bus and more than half of the passengers have large denominations. what would the conductor do?

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by Chaleeee: 7:53am On Aug 04, 2014
econity: spraying money during burial, wedding, birthday party and child dedication ceremony. So abnormal.

What's abnormal abt that? Didn't they spray money at ur parents wedding?

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 04, 2014
Na anyway u see the inscription"don't urinate here" na dere all nigerians go wan piss put. Why?

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by krayzieklay(m): 8:05am On Aug 04, 2014
pelvicky: Op,,i disagree with you for that number 6,,COPORATE BEGGING.

Hustle na hustle jare,,man no go chop?

jst leave 9ja lik dis,we dey gbadun am,we don't need a boring country.

U knw wen u continue to struggle 4 public transport,4 job,4 admission,,u no it bcums survival of d fittest and dats competition

Without competition,u won't tink u nid 2 struggle
Gosh,my IQ just dropped after reading this.. In short, u remind me of an empty storey building; u av nothing upstairs!

2 Likes

Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by Onyiido: 8:09am On Aug 04, 2014
tobounty: urinating @ d glare of the public anywhere!
Seconded
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 04, 2014
Thirded
Onyiido: Seconded

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by eprynce(m): 8:21am On Aug 04, 2014
Saying it's OK when clearly it isn't

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by horlabiyi(m): 8:35am On Aug 04, 2014
We Need Change. We Need Change. We Need Change.
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by Timijo(m): 8:47am On Aug 04, 2014
Another abnormal thing is when a neighbour is playing music and loud the volume as if he is in a jamboree gathering.
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by Djicemob: 8:49am On Aug 04, 2014
Someone else made a similar but more insightful topic than this and it didn't make frontpage.I could relate more to the other one.
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 04, 2014
Corporate begging!!!, this is the same reason I stopped using the rest room at polo park mall, The cleaners there can go the extra mile of helping you unzip your fly just to ensure you give them kola and it keeps me uncomfortable. Recently, once I walk into the rest room, I Indicate to them that I need no help as I can do my thing without much effort. I still give them tips from time to time though.

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by pelvicky(m): 9:16am On Aug 04, 2014
krayzieklay:
Gosh,my IQ just dropped after reading this.. In short, u remind me of an empty storey building; u av nothing upstairs!
jst read my signature 4 abusing me,am sure d wrath of God wil upon you
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by pelvicky(m): 9:21am On Aug 04, 2014
jaybel: You need to see the harassment at times.These people would pull ur clothes just to get something from you...
u 2,nid 2 b vigilant nd park well
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by krayzieklay(m): 9:30am On Aug 04, 2014
pelvicky: jst read my signature 4 abusing me,am sure d wrath of God wil upon you
lol.. Believe me bro,even ur God will give me high five for saying d truth..Ur post iz baseless,it has no point.

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by JEITO: 9:38am On Aug 04, 2014
Seriously, I doubt if we can change from the first 3. Ie time keeping, no change and beating queue and traffic lights. As well as coporate begging.
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by UjSizzle(f): 9:43am On Aug 04, 2014
CFCfan:
Dear, I call that fraud. If I had my way, that guy would rot in jail for a long time.
hehehe you'll have to throw a couple more people into jail too then tongue
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by carlos1(m): 10:01am On Aug 04, 2014
jaybel: Yes the almighty corporate begging has
suddenly become a national malaise. You
see people begging at the bus stops with
reckless abandon. In some cases you find
the same persons playing out the same
scripts all the time. ‘’Excuse me sir, I need
some money to complete my fare’’. For
how long will you keep completing our
fare? Don’t get me wrong, they are
genuine people who could be in a fix and
definitely needs help. But you and I know
that some Nigerians adopt this measure
as a means for daily bread. Another brand
of this is the series of begging among
security men in corporate offices like
banks. There is almost no bank you
walked into without a security guard
approaching you for money. You here
‘’anything for the boys’’, ‘’guy give me kola
na’’, ‘’anything for the weekend’’, or giving
you a hand shake unnecessarily.
Do you agree or have more experience to
share?

First time,i made fp...make i call all my padis make we go jolly ooooo..thank you Jesus

I tink it's only in nigeria dat u see people who post threads in public forums celebrating making front page. And its also only in Nigeria that you'll see people like me criticizing posters for celebrating making frontpage. This is very very abnormal but its normal here
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by emilo26(m): 10:07am On Aug 04, 2014
1. Zebra Crossing: except you want people to announce your sudden death, that's when you enter the zebra crossing line walking. Infact enter the line requires u have as much speed as usain bolt. The only thing our motorist will stop for is a zebra crossing the lane on a zebra crossing.

2. Owambe: most roads are still block in many parts of the country most especially in rural communities. Its now a normal thing to have people do party on the street. In fact you are not noticed if you don't close down a street.

3. Sellers are rude: its now a normal thing that sellers are now right while customers are wrong. Sometimes, you will want to purchase a product and the tone in which the seller will talk to you, will look as if both of you had quarreled somewhere before. Some people even insult you for no reason and funny enough they are road side sellers. I have had series of occasion like that. Instead of exchanging words with them, i will talk a walk.

2 Likes

Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by pelvicky(m): 10:08am On Aug 04, 2014
krayzieklay:
lol.. Believe me bro,even ur God will give me high five for saying d truth..Ur post iz baseless,it has no point.
and yours?
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by Oduduwaboy(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2014
In Nigeria, no Government official is actually held responsible for anything that goes wrong under his/ watch. Case in point, the Minister of Internal Affairs is still sitting pretty in his office despite the NIS recruitment tragedy.
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by nonjebose(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2014
zeb04: Beating quees esp in the bank....I am sometimes quilty of that bt if u are unfortunate to have mostly women on the line,you would partially go deaf when they are done with you.
lol. That is the reason why I always feel more comfortable queuing with women than men. Women and men can easily jump queues,when there are mostly men in the queue.
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by nonjebose(m): 10:24am On Aug 04, 2014
UjSizzle: The issue of change is just crazy. Everywhere you go someone is screaming "kosi change" haba! I have to get the ushers on Sunday at church to give me change before going home...it's that bad.
Shops will tell you they have no change, but when you offer to come back later for it change immediately materializes.
Then conductors will just pair you with one Jack you don't know and ask you two to share money.

Then those corporate beggars. Op you're so right about this transport fare thing. I remember helping one dude at the bus stop one day, and the next day I saw him again asking for fares. Even some women come with children to play the same trick. When I was still in school, a certain man kept begging for the 4yr duration! One day we were having lectures in my final year and this fella came to beg again. Students took offence asking the man to come back after lectures and this dude begin vex o. He said, "If you want to help me, help me. I still have to go to Oko Poly, Nsukka, Nsugbe today!" shocked Nna eh that was the last time we bothered to let him talk. Imagine! Even those forming deaf and dumb only to be caught actually speaking.
God will help us.

I also find the issue of time very annoying. If you expect people to be somewhere at a said time, then don't keep them waiting. This African time problem needs to end.
. The beggar of a thing got me laughing. They are everywhere. One came to my church to tell a moving story inorder to get financial help. Only for us to discover that it was all lies. African time malaise may only stop when we stop being africans
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by Proxy001(m): 10:29am On Aug 04, 2014
blaming d devil for every offence we commit. imagine person way open eyes straff anoda man wife go dey shout #its d work of d devil#
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by nonjebose(m): 10:35am On Aug 04, 2014
emilo26: 1. Zebra Crossing: except you want people to announce your sudden death, that's when you enter the zebra crossing line walking. Infact enter the line requires u have as much speed as usain bolt. The only thing our motorist will stop for is a zebra crossing the lane on a zebra crossing.

2. Owambe: most roads are still block in many parts of the country most especially in rural communities. Its now a normal thing to have people do party on the street. In fact you are not noticed if you don't close down a street.

3. Sellers are rude: its now a normal thing that sellers are now right while customers are wrong. Sometimes, you will want to purchase a product and the tone in which the seller will talk to you, will look as if both of you had quarreled somewhere before. Some people even insult you for no reason and funny enough they are road side sellers. I have had series of occasion like that. Instead of exchanging words with them, i will talk a walk.

Guy, your zebra crossing point got me laughing out loud. Btw,you are quite right
Re: Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria by searay(m): 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
GentleMimi: The change of a thing na something else. To avoid wahala,especially on monday mornings,i make sure i get adequate change over the weekend. Some crazy conductors will just marry you off to a total stranger. Not funny,especially when running late. But sometimes if i enter a bus,i ask peeps around if they hv change,collect it and give the conductor a larger amount,saying,''money for four''...or ''three of us''. That way,hin craze go dey minimal

May i add ''Exam special centres''...even some parents pay for such. Chai!

Uniform men who ought to protect,actually collecting N20 (i heard it has been elevated to N100)

Hypocrisy..oh yes! Nigerians are hypocrites. Reason why we carry religion on our heads but our lives,society and characters are far from what we preach. We depend on God to sort out our mess while we sit on our ars:es,waiting for a miracle.

Naija! No dulling. Lol. Everybody is in a hurry,especially in Lagos. Hussling tins!
Na soldiers dey collect N100

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Boa Snakes Have Diamonds? / Lamidi Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo And His Wives 'Oloris' (Photo) / Prince Uchechukwu NNAM-Obi At The Nchaka Festival Of Omoku, Rivers State Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.