Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,216 members, 7,780,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:40 PM

Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? (5963 Views)

I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Seun(m): 4:06am On May 09, 2005
Who do you think should be the next president of Nigeria? Some people think it might be president Obasanjo. Others mention names like Babangida, Atiku Abubakar, Buba Marwa, and so on.

Who do you think should be the next president? And why?

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by diakim(m): 2:29pm On May 09, 2005
If you are reffering to the trio of Atiku, Babangida & Marwa, then I think it is going to be Babangida, except if Obasanjo helps to rig Atiku in.

Babangida has gotten enough men within and outside the government that are ready to make sure that he only not come back, but perpetuate his regime of corruption and mismanagement. He also has the money to buy his way through.

Atiku may not enjoy the support of most Nigerians or even of his fellow PDP men. Be sure that Nigerians are bound to judge Atiku on the sins of Obasanjo's administration.

Marwa is a political neophyte. Though he's got some little money and some pockets of supporters, but he doesn't have the supports or as much politcal machineries as the Maradona himself.

Left to me, I prefer somebody else. A new breed, and not some retired millitary men and politicians who have stolen the wealth of this nation, and now want to hold on to power at all costs.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by doncnn(m): 7:27pm On May 09, 2005
undecided

Of these people you mentioned, I believe they have nothing to offer to Nigerians. They are people who have milked Nigeria, in one way or the other. I think 'Old Cargoes' have dissapointed us and have nothing to offer us. What we need now is a young and dynamic Nigerians like Governor Oji Uzor Kalu or Reverend Chris Okotie.

These hold the key to the future of the Nigerian youths. You had better believe me.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by solo2(m): 12:18pm On May 11, 2005
The three people you mention has nothing to offer to Nigerians , mostly Babaginda what is he coming to do for Nigerians, Is comming to collect the remaining loots he for got or what.? what are his investment in Nigeria? How many Nigerians are under his direct employment? I prefer that people who have a dream for Nigeria to come out and contest.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Seun(m): 12:30pm On May 11, 2005
It is not enough to say some people are not good for the post. You need to give us the names of people who you think can rule Nigeria well!

Solo2, give us the names of some "people who have a dream for Nigeria"?
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by eniolatj(m): 10:42am On May 12, 2005
The way the politics is going in Nigeria today, its not easy for someone to say or to guess who is to be the next president among those you mentioned in the post, but I will say that if the three of them are going to contest in the same party, then Babaginda can not be emerge as the party's presidential candidate. But for now Obasanjo can determine the next president for this nation.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by obong(m): 12:41am On Jun 13, 2005
For one, I think the term 'rule" needs to stop being applied to Nigerian leaders. They are there to serve and lead, not rule us. But to answer your question, I like young governors, either Kalu, Duke or Tinubu. Youngs guys with ideas
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Ojukwursg(m): 7:09am On Jun 13, 2005
Both Marwa and IBB are politicians who have stolen from national coffers. Atiku has been operating in the background since 1983. What is the source of his wealth. Nigerians have short memories and are too eager to forgive. But what I dont understand is why we always want mediocres to lead us.

These people should forget their selfish ambition and give untainted people the chance. I think Emeka Anyaoku, the former Secretary General of the Common Wealth of Nations has the neccessary qualifications and experience to lead this country to greater height.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by shedevil(m): 8:06am On Jun 13, 2005
why should anyone bother about who will be the next president in naija when these three will get togother and work out a deal on how to take turns in running the country, vote all you want nothing is going to change
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Seun(m): 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2005
I beg to disagree. Inasmuh as we might be frustrated by the corrupt people in this country we must not give up and leave the country to them to run. We must use every opportunity given to us, including the opportunity to vote, to try to make a difference.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by CorporateNija(m): 7:07am On Jun 20, 2005
"why should anyone bother about who will be the next president in naija when these three will get togother and work out a deal on how to take turns in running the country, vote all you want nothing is going to change".

With attitudes like this, Nigeria won't be going very far anytime soon.
As a people, we have indeed lost the vision and lack belief in a magnificent Nigeria materialisng in our generation.
Our unwillingness to be selfless and make sacrifices that would make a difference in the generations to come will ensure that this stagnation continues for a long time to come.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Red(m): 7:52am On Jun 20, 2005
Every single individual named on here as possible contenders CANNOT do this job.Rather they should all be locked up in jail.But then again it is Nigeria which has proven itself to love mediocrity and wankers as leaders.In my mind i would rather have the current head of NAFDAC as the President and some other person who has the balls to throw IBB and the other rug rats into jail for the crimes they have commited against the Nation.But like i said this is Nigeria i am talking about,reason never prevails in Nigeria.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by buddy(m): 9:44am On Jul 06, 2005
NAFDAC head? Dora Akunyili.

is Nigeria ready for a female president? i love the woman and the way she has sanitized our drug policies and all that but can she rule Nigeria?

Red thats another kettle of fish o!
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Greatpeter(m): 11:13am On Jul 06, 2005
I can authoritatively tell you that our President is succeeding himself.
Kudos to him after the dept relief. He has regained his credibility.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by drbigdaddyg(m): 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2005
Any of the three mentioned will do no good to this country.
Let's think of someone like Orji Uzor Kalu
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Imnakoya(m): 12:41am On Aug 20, 2005
Quite a number have mentioned Kalu, on what ground? Yes, he happened to find himself on the wrong side of the Abuja powerhouses, which is most unfortunate and shouldn't be condoned. Aside from that this is a Guy that talks with both sides of mouth, he is always being persecuted- either by Anneni, Obasanjo or some ghost! But we he called to defend his claims, he suddenly goes dumb. Haba!

He may be a good governor, but he has light years to go in terms is decency and decorum. We all know Baba OBJ has no style; Kalu is worse!

There are really no super candidate out there, but out of the trio: IBB, Atiku and Marwa; I will go with Marwa. Out of all military governors during his time, he was the best. Talk to any Lagos residents. He is well educated, exposed and seems to be a good manager. He is serious enough to indicate his intention, nad he has started move around to actualise his goals. All others are undecided, it seems.

Atiku will not get there, IBB will maradona his out of the race, hopefully. Okotie lacks the experience; managing a church is different from managing a nation, he should first start at the grassroots. For others not mentioned, they should show their intentions.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by obong(m): 2:49am On Aug 20, 2005
Donald Duke
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by hotangel2(f): 6:17am On Aug 20, 2005
Shebi obasanjo has done 8 years already? What is he looking for Again?
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 6:18am On Aug 20, 2005
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by hotangel2(f): 6:23am On Aug 20, 2005
Am i in the wrong?? he doesn't need to quit! It is OVER for him. It's 8 years. WTF, doesn't he know that? Common, this isn't about whether or not he wants to quit, he is gonna be sacked. Explain to me if i sound stupid please.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 7:42am On Aug 20, 2005
There has been a massive lobby for some time now by 'various' interest groups to make him stay beyond 2007, so it is good that he has made it clear now that he is not.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by hotangel2(f): 7:47am On Aug 20, 2005
ohh... now i get it.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 7:50am On Aug 20, 2005
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by nddy(m): 7:52am On Aug 20, 2005
i actually think orji and the rest are all thieves and fraudsters, what we should do is look for someone we know would not steal much money and make him president

must come from south east
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by obong(m): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2005
why do people keep believing the rumors that obasanjo wants to come back for a thrd term. its just destabilising talk, but none of it is true
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2005
you people are condemning Orji. I still have some points to make about him. Though it seems he might be eating money (which others will do even the BISHOPS u think of), he will do something, atleast bring some positive changes to this country. I believe a worker should eat. So, I am never against one eating the country's money, rather, doing something with the remaining.

Come to think of Abia State, he has done great there. His good sides have overshadowed the bad ones and nobody talks about him in the negative angle.
We can not expect getting a president who will go in there and come out without eating money. If you are looking for that, you should better stop dreaming.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by eunisam: 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2005
President for 2007? oooooh no nobody among them is worthy to be president. because there is a chain of continuity of inequity in the political system of Nigeria. I think the should be a reform or a national confrence and let the Nigerian people say their mind. Or let me be the president and I will transform Nigeria in one month in Office.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by obong(m): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2005
what has he done in abia state? i never been there, so im just wondering
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by queen2(f): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2005
Chxta:

http://vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/headline/f119082005.html

Obasanjo is quitting in 2007.
Better
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by angelmike(m): 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2005
If we nigerians are to be very sincere to ourselves, the right corp of people to lead this nation should include EMEKA ANYAOKU, BUBA MARWA, ORJI KALU, ROCHAS OKOROCHA and AHMED MAIKARFI
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by kazey(m): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2005
Kayode MUyibi. Abi you no go vote for me?
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by obong(m): 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2005
Before we knock the Governors down, let us look at their performances as rated by their people. According to ThisDay Newspaper published May 28, 2005, Nigerians rated two Governors performances were Poor, one below average, 12 performed on the Average level, 12 were Above Average, eight were Above Average Plus, and only one was rated Good.

Donald Duke, Cross River, the only Governor rated Good is taking tourism to new heights with his Tinapa Project. The Tinapa Project seeks to put the state on the continent's chart on tourism. The state is one that has come to be reckoned with not for any other accomplishment but in its focus in developing its agricultural and tourism potentials, with the cultivation of Pine apples, and the environmental cleanliness of the state capital with the "Clean and Green" policy are plus to Duke's administration.

Eight Governors were rated Above Average Plus:

http://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/ajayi/082405.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Frank Talk About Race And Racism / CVR: Nigerians Sue INEC Over Incomplete Registration / NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.