Stats: 3,143,454 members, 7,781,313 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:17 PM

Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? (48165 Views)

True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? / Why Do Girls Add Weight Or Get Fat In Their Huuby's House. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by mamaput(f): 11:40pm On Aug 26, 2006
I hope as you are watching your weight your baby will be ok.
Mothers to be and mothers breastfeeding do not watch their wight like that.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by babe1(f): 5:33am On Aug 27, 2006
lady kool:

well that is for some people. i think if u watch your weight u wont get fat after marriage because as for me i wont get fat after i get married because i will watch my weight that for sure it depends on your body some people their legs get fat when they are pregnant. well thats for them but as for me i will even get slimmer or maintain this my shape because i can't be borthered to loose it now or after my marriage to any one that it for me.

I hope you know that when you are pregnant, you are supposed to eat healthy and gain weight and while you are breast feeding. After that you can lose all the weight you want, if not, you will have an unhealthy baby and might end up sick yourself. So think about it.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Mystique(f): 8:52am On Aug 28, 2006
@ Topic: Is it child bearing that makes you fat or married life?

Think about that cuz, some are married without kids, and some have kids and aren't married smiley smiley
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by 2old4that(m): 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2006
i think child bearing makes them gain weight and afta giving birth; sliming down becomes a wahala. they get stuck with it.

some cant just help it.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by dakmanzero(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2006
seriously,

i tink its child bearing. every *babe* i know who got married blew up when pregnant. Some went back down., others didnt. even the ones that were fat already
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by ladykool(f): 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2006
mamaput:

I hope as you are watching your wight your babay will be ok.
Mothers to be and mothers breastfeeding do not watch their wight like that
i will oh cuz if me to get fat emm, i will even get fatter and fater untill i will burst so i will and i will still eat healthy food
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by zebudaya(m): 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2006
I have never seen a fat person that did not eat.! chop chop the worst thing is that fat females never confess, it's always salad, salad and diet coke that they eat bull$h!t
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by madgenius1: 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2006
On this point, I agree with Mystique.

But I also add,
"Single women come home see what's in the fridge and go to bed, Married women come home, see what's in bed and go to the fridge"
Quoted From a reputable source
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by katherinae(f): 5:49am On Oct 10, 2006
All i know is that if my husband gets fat after we are married, im dumping him grin
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2006
@katherinae: I like ur style jare!
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by charla(f): 3:28pm On Nov 01, 2006
because women r d ones who hve carry the offspring for 9 long months,its not easy eating and catering for two u no.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2006
Why is that only in modern times it is seen as a problem? Before it was even bad for the woman to remain slim after she had gotten married because it meant that she was not being fed well in her husband's house. Now if the woman is fat after she gets married na wahala.
Anyway I still believe prevention is better than cure so:
1) donnot getting married to woman who is subjected to lots of fat in her body.
2) Make sure there's never a lot of food at home.
3) As soon as you get married give her a subscription to the nearest gym.
4) If she gets pregnant send her to a dietologist that will watch on her for the next 9 months.
6) When she delivers hire a personal trainer to get her back in shape.

If the woman doesn't bullsh!t you after the second point you'll always have a beautiful and gorgeous wife at home.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by dakmanzero(m): 8:55am On Nov 25, 2006
with a name like 'michelin' I am very suspicious of your bias in this matter, smiley
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Seun(m): 9:09am On Nov 25, 2006
Haha. You're a funny one! cheesy

Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Gamine(f): 12:47pm On Jan 13, 2007
Me i kno i can neva get fat.evn if i want to!!!

@Topic muah ha ah ah ROTFLMAO VL grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by sisimose(f): 5:20pm On Mar 27, 2007
smile.

quite funny. smiley
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Creamish(f): 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2007
Im not in support of dat norm sha---have a pal who said she ditched wearing jeans pants cos sheZ married--she now wears bubus and kaftans--datz just bullocks to me cos i'l still rock my jeans (pants, skirts, 3qtr shorts--watever) till i die--and i'l try to remain in good shape cool
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by yaoemi: 12:14am On Mar 29, 2007
I think is a natural fact that a woman who wants to get pregnant, and not that she is thinking that, her body thinks it, is putting on weight. But to say it in fact to put on weight does not mean to be fat! I am talking medically about 3-5 kilos. not more.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by omoge(f): 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2007
the older one becomes (each passing year) the lower the body activity, so marriage have little to do with getting fat. that's what i think.

maybe childbirth,
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by danniecool(m): 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2007
I think it also occur in the male (husband) too, it just rest of mind, spending the rest of your life with the one you love, not searching anymore, choosing the meal your prefer to eat, not your parent dictating everything anymore.
But think adding more weight after getting married is mostly common among the women.
is simply because of child bearing,
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by culasi(m): 3:14am On Mar 30, 2007
I dont think all women get fat after marriage!
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by maybelle: 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2008
ah really don't know. I think they feel secured after signing that marriage certifcate. They are happy.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by saha(f): 12:53am On Apr 25, 2008
And men stay d way we marry dem ba?its ironic but in african culture stay slim & dem go talk say na suffering cause am.many men beg 4 love handles on dre women & encourage more flesh on dre wives.being fat is not d issue in marriage being healthy & enjoying a healthy marriage is.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Ebonyj(f): 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2008
All women have different body types. Our bodies react to stress, childbirth, happiness etc in different ways.

Also we tend to pick up on our partners habit, if your partner is a healthy eater , you will strive to eat healthily but if he or she is not then you wont either.

Some women will always be on the big side while some will always be slim , regardless of what they have been through.

Personally I know I can loose weight but I have just been a bit lazy with exercising and dieting.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by maybelle: 8:32pm On May 02, 2008
It's being secured in the true sense of the word when the marriage certificate is signed
Also it's after-glow lol or smile (not true)
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by chisimdi(f): 8:36pm On May 02, 2008
@POSTER ,i bet u if u c mua wit my 3 soldiers,u 'll definitely hv a change of mouth.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by chisimdi(f): 8:41pm On May 02, 2008
chisimdi:

@POSTER ,i bet u if u c mua wit my 3 soldiers,u 'll definitely hv a change of mouth.
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 02, 2008

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by chisimdi(f): 9:23pm On May 02, 2008
jennykadry:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nwanne,i ma umuazi juru nga na acho izi onwe ha so onye tinye isi ma ataya live grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Uche2nna(m): 9:28pm On May 02, 2008
chisimdi:

Nwanne,i ma umuazi juru nga na acho izi onwe ha so onye tinye isi ma ataya live grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This girl keeps cracking me up grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by chisimdi(f): 9:33pm On May 02, 2008
Uche2nna:

This girl keeps cracking me up grin grin
nwanna ishim kpagagi amu,ya gazie,i wu onye nso.Ndewo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Women Get Fat After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 02, 2008
oh so oo nwoke nwe thread aaa,amara go mu na o ga bu ofu umu nwoke amu nmirri juru nairaland,nwanyi muzie nwa o ya ge me ya bwo,odiri ndia n'ne dirri fa nma bu ka nwanyi giri eze ya,tafu fa amu fa,mo ye giri nma oka befu ya ngbe nwoke na ra'nra,ka fa ge su'ike,ebee fa maro ezigbo ine fa ge me na nairaland

umu nwoke otula na umu nwoke anu mpam unu ga zwo ike biko

My Husband Beat Me On Christmas Day / My Skin Is Getting Bad and discoloured.Advice Needed(photos) / Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo)