Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' (11826 Views)

PHOTO: Graduate Of Accountancy From Abuja University Selling Akara By The Road / Inspiring Photo: Nigerian Woman Frying Akara Inside A Canoe In The Creeks / Summer Camp @ Ikogosi Warm Spring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Agrika: 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hubby loves it like craze prefers them to be very hot...I don't hv the energy to be frying akara every morning...any suggestions Please.
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
Use microwave or you refry it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by UjSizzle(f): 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
Heat it again in hot oil undecided iThink
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by dryakson(m): 7:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
Put it inside freezer....... Anytime you want to take Akara, put them in a pot and boil it...............
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by bennyrazz: 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
dry it under the sun

4 Likes

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by GboyegaD(m): 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
Microwave all the way!!!

1 Like

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by ifyalways(f): 9:20am On Aug 03, 2014
Microwave undecided

Frying akara every morning? OP, are you a full time housewife? How do you do it? You must be a super woman, more ororo to your elbows.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Agrika: 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
ifyalways: Microwave undecided

Frying akara every morning? OP, are you a full time housewife? How do you do it? You must be a super woman, more ororo to your elbows.
Is nt easy I tell u but my neighbour has the grinding engine...so all I have to do is to soak and wash the beans and take it to her...what can I do all na part of "submission"

2 Likes

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Agrika: 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
berem: Use microwave or you refry it.
I tried using the microwave once but the taste of d akara afterwards changed somehow...anyway I will try re-frying it, thanks
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by mekzyjoe(m): 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
I thought she meant d oda thin huby luvs...smh
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
True if you microwave or refry the taste is different.
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by okirewaju(f): 10:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
You can grind the beans dry and spread it outside or oven dry then store in a container then every morning you can bring the bean powder out, add diced pepper/ onion then fry

Na just suggestion oh

3 Likes

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
My mind don spoil finish ooh.When i first see "warm" and "akara",my mind just fly go punanni.i think say akara na d latest name for punanny and "warm" to mean service.I be wan tel d poster make we find how we go take "collide".

3 Likes

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by whiteroses(f): 12:55am On Aug 04, 2014
where do you live?
A. Nigeria
Buy it every morning or as required

B. Overseas
Divorce your husband, oloriburuku eniyan ni

if i may ask how does he eat akara every bluudy morning? he eats them with ogi or what? pscheww angry

3 Likes

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by mstik(f): 4:09am On Aug 04, 2014
nice suggestion
okirewaju: You can grind the beans dry and spread it outside or oven dry then store in a container then every morning you can bring the bean powder out, add diced pepper/ onion then fry

Na just suggestion oh

1 Like

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by mstik(f): 4:09am On Aug 04, 2014
akara and bread grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Agrika: 6:28am On Aug 04, 2014
okirewaju: You can grind the beans dry and spread it outside or oven dry then store in a container then every morning you can bring the bean powder out, add diced pepper/ onion then fry

Na just suggestion oh
Wow, never thought of it will definitely try it out
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Agrika: 6:30am On Aug 04, 2014
whiteroses: where do you live?
A. Nigeria

B. Overseas

if i may ask how does he eat akara every bluudy morning? he eats them with ogi or what? pscheww angry

Excuse me na my hubby be that ooo,...why u come carry d matter on top ur head like dat
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 04, 2014
whiteroses: where do you live?
A. Nigeria

B. Overseas

You must lack proper parentage home training

Why do you refer to someone elses husband like that?
Won't be surprised if you end up with a hubby that demands beans and moi moi every morning. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Pavore9: 7:07am On Aug 04, 2014
Just have it made into flour, so every morning u scoop out the quantity u want and prepare the akara for dearest husband. l do so with what d igbos call okpa, have about 3kg of milled okpa flour, l fit even wake up around 2a.m to cook am, such ease!
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Godmystrength: 9:31am On Aug 04, 2014

Na just suggestion oh
Does that mean that i will soak the beans, peel it and then dry it before grinding? I am so interested in this.
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: Does that mean that i will soak the beans, peel it and then dry it before grinding? I am so interested in this.

Yes.
A friend used to do it that way back then. He had a container full of bean flour (peeled, dried and grinded bean).

So he would just scoop some with spoon, add water then pepper and straight to the frying pan for another delicious experience.

Wait o, you go pay for this tutorial grin
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Godmystrength: 10:39am On Aug 04, 2014
onirugbon1:

Yes.
A friend used to do it that way back then. He had a container full of bean flour (peeled, dried and grinded bean).

So he would just scoop some with spoon, add water then pepper and straight to the frying pan for another delicious experience.

Wait o, you go pay for this tutorial grin
Okay. Thanks alot. My baby likes moi-moi a lot and hubby likes akara once in a while so i guess i can do this.

How much is my bill grin?
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by 5minsmadness: 10:39am On Aug 04, 2014
well its easy, first off you relax and think of nothing stressful to get yourself in the mood. Put on nice sexy outfit preferably silk and think lustful thoughts to peak your arous...

Oh wait... shocked

I thought you meant...

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by fr3do(m): 10:41am On Aug 04, 2014
berem: Use microwave or you refry it.

So you can actually leave politics and bigotry and comment on a feminine thread?!

Op, ignore people's suggestions about grinding beans into flour. Akara made from bean flour is wack!

You can wake up early enough daily to soak and grind beans every morning, you sound(write) like a real African woman, just take it as exercise.
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Godmystrength: 10:47am On Aug 04, 2014
fr3do:

So you can actually leave politics and bigotry and comment on a feminine thread?!

Op, ignore people's suggestions about grinding beans into flour. Akara made from bean flour is wack!

You can wake up early enough daily to soak and grind beans every morning, you sound(write) like a real African woman, just take it as exercise.

Are you serious about the ''Akara made from bean flour is wack!''

Waking up early everyday ke? That's assuming that OP is a stay at home mum. What about for the women that have to go to work early and get home late. Except she will have to limit the eating of akara to just Saturdays and Sundays.
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 04, 2014
fr3do:

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by okirewaju(f): 11:16am On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: Does that mean that i will soak the beans, peel it and then dry it before grinding? I am so interested in this.
Yes and you also have to ensure that you go to the engine early so that you'll be the first person to grind when the engine is still dry or if you have a powerful blender(say from 750W) or a food processor they can be used instead

Its basically the same way we grind unripe plantain for amala

1 Like

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Godmystrength: 11:18am On Aug 04, 2014
okirewaju: Yes and you also have to ensure that you go to the engine early so that you'll be the first person to grind when the engine is still dry or if you have a powerful blender(say from 750W) or a food processor they can be used instead

Its basically the same way we grind unripe plantain for amala
okay thanks

1 Like

Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: Okay. Thanks alot. My baby likes moi-moi a lot and hubby likes akara once in a while so i guess i can do this.

How much is my bill grin?

Oh for your baby? Alright its free grin
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Godmystrength: 11:28am On Aug 04, 2014
onirugbon1:

Oh for your baby? Alright its free grin
Oh so sweet of you. Thanks a lot. smiley
Re: How Can I 'warm' My 'akara' by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength:
Are you serious about the ''Akara made from bean flour is wack!''

Waking up early everyday ke? That's assuming that OP is a stay at home mum. What about for the women that have to go to work early and get home late. Except she will have to limit the eating of akara to just Saturdays and Sundays.

Better ignore.
I can guarantee its just as nice as how good you prepare the wet akara too. You can always try it out to confirm.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Your Home More Beautiful With Our "pandemic season" Promo / Fairy Tales Our Grand Parents Told Us / Did You Have Sex With your Spouse Before Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.