Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:34 AM

Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House (12287 Views)

Raffi Freedman-Gurspan, First Transgender White House Official (Photos) / Nigeria Causes Palestinian Statehood To Fail At UN Security Council / Why We Stopped Buying Nigeria’s Oil, By White House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Tbamo(m): 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hamza and hameed carry the rocket launcher to the roof of the hospital (Gaza central) and fire it in the general direction of Israel with both screaming Allahu Akbar . The next thing they hear is the isreali patrol warning all civilians to evacuate the area around the hospital due to terrorist activities, they remember their mother is also an inpatient in the hospital and still pay no attention to her, they send of their second rocket from the top of the same building, .......until a shell hits killing both of them , and also taking the top floor of the hospital and every body present on the top floor at that time!

Now questions who was wrong?

My answer

Hamza and hameed for putting the lives of everybody in the hospital at risk!

The hospital admin for allowing hamza and hameed carry out their operation w
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Cubeet: 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
God bless Israel

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by abdullkabar(m): 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
Have anybody seen the horror isreal has made out of Gaza?....killing innocent children,wifes,fathers,mothers......This isreal are fun with this stuff and we all know its bad.
But due to selfish reasons we are taking sides(Nawa oo)

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by holicalpha(m): 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ladystewie: With this type of mentality, how won't violence prevail in the world
its not a mentality just the fact, Muslims are barbarians they don't value life not even theirs, why should the Jews value the life of Muslims.? I'm happy about what the Israelites are doing to the Palestinians and don't talk trash to me unless you know what this conflict is really about!

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Cubeet: 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
omenka: Israel is a terrorist state!!
Islam and Islamic nation are terrorist

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by dopeboi142: 1:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
isreal is not a terrorist nation. wen the hamas where bombing schools in isreal people didn't know den now dat isreal is retaliating people are now talking. The question is dat should isreal open it's eye's and let hamas take over their just taking and extreme measure in protecting their citizens. so stop saying wat u are not meant to say#shut up#

3 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by AnanseK(m): 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
Donfox2: Its unfortunate when I see Christians protesting against israel. These jews are only helping themselves to prevent future annihilation of their race by a violent wicked hamas amd all their islamic allies. If they where the ones witj the upper hand they would do a lot worse than israel is doing..I urge u to find out from history what they are capable of.gaza shld be another hiroshima for all I care

Hitler was a better Christian than you. As a matter of fact he was a prophet, unfortunately they stopped him from completing his assignment . The result is here for all to see.

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by adekoonlay(m): 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
Undilutedfact: Why don't they direct their protests to Hamas? This stuff is simple; Hamas fires once, Isreal fires back
u are soo so brain washed

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by adekoonlay(m): 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
oluafolabi: Over 3,000 plus rockets fired into Israel by Hamas since the beginning of operation protective edge. What if Israel doesn't have the Iron dome? Everyone seems to ignore the fact that Hamas keeps on firing rockets and building tunnels to attack Innocent Isreali civilians whereas Israel gives a notice of attack to civilians even though it will put their soldiers in a disadvantage... Simply because Israel prefers to protect her citizens rather than use them as human shields like Hamas that's why everyone is blaming Israel.
do ur own research bro stop listening to western brought press

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Alishachris: 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
GCFR696:
A clown in Nigeria forming solidarity with jews.... I laugh in hebrew
Born say u be igbo, enter isreal Mek dem show u pepper...Idiaaaat

but you can say this?

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by hotwax: 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
Boko haram will never make support Palestinians. Assad killed 23,000 people. ISIS has murderers thousand of people, Muslims are not protesting against them. These protests is not about Palestinians, its about jihad on infidels Jews, christians

3 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by diarra94(m): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
Some people don't know anything about the continuous and never ending disputes between Isreal and Palestine. If Isreal really wants peace they should get their asses outta Gaza and stop using stupid scriptural writings to claim Gaza as their promise land. Of course the Palestinians will fire rockets into Isreal when the Jewish scums keep torturing the Palestine in their own territory.
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by hotwax: 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
diarra94: Some people don't know anything about the continuous and never ending disputes between Isreal and Palestine. If Isreal really wants peace they should get their asses outta Gaza and stop using stupid scriptural writings to claim Gaza as their promise land. Of course the Palestinians will fire rockets into Isreal when the Jewish scums keep torturing the Palestine in their own territory.

Israel was never interested in Gaza. what's there in Gaza for them. They entered last month to stop rockets attack.

You can continue encouraging your hamaz brothers to keep firing rockets at Israel. Remember the count, close to 2000 dead Palestinians. Israel doesn't give a FCK about all these protests and demonstrations propagandas. Israel is ready to kick assesses.

4 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by daveP(m): 3:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
Kalvan:

How is Israel not a terrorist nation?! What do you define as Terrorism? Is the killing of innocent children and adults not terrorism?
it is terrorism, but when youre doing it to PROTECT your citizens from constant bombings,etc i quite disagree with you. Every child born to Israel becomes a fighter from the cradle,not by choice. Its to survive. Those doing the bombings out of spite, no reason and nt defence are the real terrorists. Its a game to them.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by ayuse(m): 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
Kalvan:

How is Israel not a terrorist nation?! What do you define as Terrorism? Is the killing of innocent children and adults not terrorism?
Are u aware that everyday Hamas is firing rocket into Isreal and that they v fired over 2000 rockets into Isreal? If not for isreal defensive system by now, Isreal will be burying hundreds of thousands of their pple. For ur information Isreal is only trying to disarm Hamas. Unfortunate Hamas is using their pple as a sheild and since their pple will not kick against their evil deeds they will suffer the consiquences of allowing Hamas to use them as a sheild. Or u want Isreal to fold their hands while their citizens are under daily attack by Hamas? Few days ago UN persuaded both Isreal and Hamas to cease fire, Isreal complied to a cease fire while Hamas continued to fire rockets into Isreal and u want Isreal to siddon look abi.

3 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
tintingz: IBO and IGBO are the same just the spelling is different, one of your Igbo brother even agree on that in his article.

I used Igbo and Biafra as case study to clear the conflict of Gaza and Israel.

Remember ojukwu fought for his land(Biafra state) which he didn't achieve, now Gaza people also want their land which Israelis don't want to release.

The only different thing is that "Ibo" is the white man's way of spelling "Igbo", how can we claim pan Africanism when we can not spell our own language properly. That's why Igbo's have to re launch "Nsibidi". And you guys are not helping matter.

Oga next time it's Igbo. And I know that Ojukwu's failure is something you guys relish soo much that you don't fail to point out at any given opportunity.

What will be will be. I wonder what it is with Igbo bashing.
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Cubeet: 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
Whether you like it or not God is protecting Israel. Reason why Israel can't be defeated www.openbible.info/topics/protecting_israel
Malachi 3 vs 6

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris:

its funny how humanity can stand with gaza that actually provoked a war, while the same humanity has said nothing about innocent iraqi christians that did nothing but yet are being killed and forces out their homes, kinda makes me wonder if humanity is a moslem or afraid of moslems, which one?

I think generally "Humanity" is against Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
oilyngbati: Your papa na im be the terrorist. So Israel should be exactly like your fooli..sh president GEJ, that can't protect defenseless nigerians against the hausa/fulani islamic boko-pigs, right?

You black monkeys in the dark continent of hell called Africa, should get it into your thick-dirty skull, that Israel will defend her people against violent islamic jihadists, by any means necessary. The fact you don't value your citizens that are been slaughtered on daily basis by the islamic boko haram, does not mean Israel should be like you cowards, that cower in the face of eveil. Bast.erd monkeys angry

I quite agree with you, but you didn't have to spew out all that hate in other to buttress your point.
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
mbhs139:

And if I may ask, I doubt if you are a Jew, how are you related to the Israelis, are you a Jew?

You know, I seem not to understand the love between the Christians and the Israelis who aren't Christians, and why the Christians hate the Muslims so much.

No the question should be, why Muslims hate Christians so much! Are you for real? When last did you hear Christians terrorising and bombing Muslims because they are not true believers?
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
[ author=Liability]isis is iraq and syria, no protest.

Boko haram in nigeria ''buhari's boys'' no protest

sudan killing of christians, no protest

egypt marginalising coptic no protest

hamas firing rocket, and israel bombing them back, protest.

Islam a system of deceit and diabolic agenda.

Hamas fightung like women since 1900[/quote]

Another great post
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by mbhs139(m): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
oilyngbati: And if I may ask, I doubt if you are Arab/palestinian, how are you related to Arabs, are you an Arab?

You islamic terrorists talk so much about hate, and I ask who is doing the hate, to the point of killing innocent people in the name of religion? What is the religion of your islamic boko-monkeys?

I can feel the level of your annoyance, and rightfully so, simply some bad eggs out there have been making us Muslims look like the bad guys, and being helped by the press. But I want to ask, haven't you come across a Muslim, as in a Muslim in its true sense, in your entire life, so as to want to make you remove the shaft from the seeds? Think about it.
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
true2god: You muslims are ignorant of your religion. This is what allah told mohammed (spit be upon him) in quran 5:51, 'take not christians and Jews as friends, the are friends to one another...'.

So with this incitement from allah asking muslims to take Jews and christians as enemies, how do u expect peace to reign in this world? Anyhw, it seems the God of the Jews is more powerful than allah.

I love this... "spit upon him" lmao, na big spit filled with Ebola mucus be that one grin grin grin
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by daveP(m): 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
From page 1-5 arguments, insults etc, all have been predicted before the metals that now form the bombs came together. -PROPHECY!! WHEN THE ANTICHRIST COMES TO GIVE ISRAEL PEACE DNT BE SHOCKED. ITS SIMPLY THE BEGINNING OF THE END. AND AN ADDED FACT TO THE HOLY BIBLE FOR ACCURATELY PREDICTING ABOUT ALL THIS HAPPENINGS. THOSE SAYING ITS POLITICAL SHOULD KNOW RELIGION IS BEHIND THIS AS WELL.

As a Nigerian ,take Lagos for example as small as it is, imagine tunnels that can take 6 locomotive engines at breadth under lagos and the run from somewhere like apapa to ibadan.thats how these tunnels are. And weapons are transported thru it.it even possible it could sink at a slight tremor/earthquake. Trouble@ d centre of the world

2 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
kkkp: Israel is a terrorist nation

palestine(hamas) is an evil nation
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by tintingz(m): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
Rilamaka:

The only different thing is that "Ibo" is the white man's way of spelling "Igbo", how can we claim pan Africanism when we can not spell our own language properly. That's why Igbo's have to re launch "Nsibidi". And you guys are not helping matter.

Oga next time it's Igbo. And I know that Ojukwu's failure is something you guys relish soo much that you don't fail to point out at any given opportunity.

What will be will be. I wonder what it is with Igbo bashing.
I'm not bashing Igbo, I've give my reason why i mentioned Igbo. Shikena. smiley
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
gowaga68:
which of the said history book did you read oga? Without much looking for lots of books kindly google the Name HITLER (if am not mistaken as of the last time i checked on that name he was still a Christian (a devoted one for that matter).
. Here is a partial listofall the areas from which the Jews have been banished from, sometimes on numerous occasions, over the last thousand years.
Mainz 1012   Lithuania 1495
France 1182   Portugal 1496
Upper Bavaria 1276   Naples 1496
England 1290   Navarre 1498
France 1306   Nuremberg 1498
France 1322   Brandenburg 1510
Saxony 1349   Prussia 1510
Hungary 1360   Genoa 1515
Belgium 1370   Naples 1533
Slovakia 1380   Italy 1540
France 1394   Naples 1541
Austria 1420   Prague 1541
Lyons 1420   Genoa 1550
Cologne 1424   Bavaria 1551
Mainz 1438   Prague 1557
Augsburg 1438   Papal States 1569
Upper Bavaria 1442   Hungary 1582
Netherlands 1444   Hamburg 1649
Brandenburg 1446   Vienna 1669
Mainz 1462   Slovakia 1744
Mainz 1483   Moravia 1744
Warsaw 1483   Bohemia 1744
Spain 1492   Moscow 1891
Italy 1492
Again i would want one of you to mention or point out just one Islamic country among this listed countries. For more information kindly search The Synagogue of Satan

Sorry you need to re read your history book. Though Hitler identified as a Christian, he did that for poilitical reasons, in order to garner support from the then Christianity dominated Germany.

Aside from that he generally dismissed Christianity as rubbish. So he was not a "devoted" Christian as you claimed.

1 Like

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by shizzle11(m): 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
Kill all the murrafurking bar.stards!

By Israel I stand, in Netanyahu I believe cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
mbhs139:

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

In the first place, let me stress that Islam urges all Muslims to deal kindly and justly with all people. Muslims should have good relations with all people. At school, at work, in your neighborhood, etc., you should be kind and courteous to everyone.

Muslims are allowed to have non-Muslims as friends as long as they keep their own faith and commitment to Islam pure and strong. Allah has clearly forbidden Muslim from fighting those who fight not their faith or drive them out from their homes. Referring to this, Allah forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them. For Allah loves those who are just. Allah only forbids you with regard to those who fight you for your faith, and drive you out of your homes and support others in driving you out, from turning to them for protection (or taking them as wali). Those who seek their protection they are indeed wrong- doers. (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 8-9).

The Qur'an does not say that non-Muslims cannot be Muslims' friends, nor does it forbid Muslims to be friendly to non-Muslims. There are many non-Muslims who are good friends of Muslim individuals and the Muslim community. There are also many good Muslims who truly and sincerely observe their faith and are very friendly to many non-Muslims at the same time.

Islam teaches us that we should be friendly to all people. Islam teaches us that we should deal even with our enemies with justice and fairness. Allah says in the Qur'an in the beginning of the same Surat Al-Ma’dah: O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah as witnesses to fair dealings and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just, that is next to piety. Fear Allah, indeed Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do. (Al-Ma’dah 5:cool

In another place in the Qur'an, Allah Almighty says:

Allah forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them. For Allah loves those who are just. Allah only forbids you with regard to those who fight you for your faith, and drive you out of your homes and support others in driving you out, from turning to them for protection (or taking them as wali). Those who seek their protection they are indeed wrong- doers. (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 8-9)

Moreover, Allah Almighty has described Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) as "a mercy" to the worlds. He was a sign of Allah's Mercy to all, Muslims as well as non-Muslims. In his kindness and fair treatment he did not make any difference between the believers and non-believers. He was kind to the pagans of Makkah and fought them only when they fought him. He made treaties with the Jews of Madinah and honored the treaties until they broke them.

He (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have received the Christians of Najran with kindness in his Masjid in Madinah. They argued with him about Islam, but he returned them with honor and respect. There are many examples from his life that show that he was the friendliest person to all people.

In the verse you quoted, the word "Awliya" is used. It is a plural and its singular is "wali". The correct translation of the word ""wali"" is not "friend" but it is someone who is very close and intimate. It is also used to mean "guardian, protector, patron, lord and master".

In the Qur'an this word is used for God, such as Allah is the Protector (or Lord and Master) of those who believe. He takes them out from the depths of darkness to light… (Al- Baqarah 2:257)

There are many other references in the Qur'an that give this meaning. The same word is also sometimes used in the Qur'an for human beings, such as And whosoever is killed unjustly, We have granted his next kin "wali" the authority (to seek judgement or punishment in this case)... (Al-‘Isra' 17 :33)

The correct translation of the verse in Surat Al-Ma’idah is:

O you who believe! Do not take Jews and Christians as your patrons. They are patrons of their own people. He among you who will turn to them for patronage is one of them. Verily Allah guides not a people unjust. (Al-Ma'dah 5: 51)

It is obvious that Jews patronize the Jews and Christians patronize the Christians, so why not Muslims patronize Muslims and support their own people. This verse is not telling us to be against Jews or Christians, but it is telling us that we should take care of our own people and we must support each other.

In his Tafsir, (Qur’an exegesis) Imam Ibn Kathir has mentioned that some scholars say that this verse (i.e. the one you referred to) was revealed after the Battle of Uhud when Muslims had a set back. At that time, a Muslim from Madinah said, I am going to live with Jews so I shall be safe in case another attack comes on Madinah. And another person said, I am going to live with Christians so I shall be safe in case another attack comes on Madinah. So Allah revealed this verse reminding the believers that they should not seek the protection from others, but should protect each other. (See Ibn Kathir, Al-Tafsir, vol. 2, p. 68)

Muslims are allowed to have non-Muslims as friends as long as they keep their own faith and commitment to Islam pure and strong. If friendship between Muslims and Jews or Christians was forbidden, then why would Islam allow a Muslim man to marry a Jew or Christian woman? It is the duty of Muslims to patronize Muslims. They should not patronize any one who is against their faith or who fights their faith, even if they were their fathers and brothers. Allah says: O you who believe! Take not for protectors (awliya') your fathers and your brothers if they love unbelief above faith. If any of you do so, they are indeed wrong-doers (Al-Tawbah 9: 23).

In a similar way, the Qur'an also tells Muslims that they should never patronize the non-Muslims against other Muslims. However, if some Muslims do wrong to some non-Muslims, it is the Muslims's duty to help the non-Muslims and save them from oppression, that is fight the Muslim until he surrenders from oppressing others[b/] The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said that he himself will defend a Dhimmi living among Muslims to whom injustice is done by Muslims. But Islam also teaches that Muslims should not seek the patronage of non-Muslims against other Muslims. They should try to solve their problems among themselves. Allah Almighty says, [b]Let not the Believers take the unbelievers as their patrons over against the Believers… (Aal-'Imran 3:28)

He Almighty also says: O you who believe! Take not for patrons unbelievers rather than Believers. Do you wish to offer Allah an open proof against yourselves? (An-Nisaa’ 4:144).

Allah Almighty knows best.

So all these Boko Haram, ISIS and Al Qaeda terrorists that have declared Jihad, have never come across this portion of the Quran that you posted?
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by gowaga68: 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
Rilamaka:

Sorry you need to re read your history book. Though Hitler identified as a Christian, he did that for poilitical reasons, in order to garner support from the then Christianity dominated Germany.

Aside from that he generally dismissed Christianity as rubbish. So he was not a "devoted" Christian as you claimed.
Are you trying to re-write Hitler's history or Biography?? It's too late to try that but simply accept the fact he was a CHRISTIA and never forget the Church Supported him directly or indirectly. Prove me wrong on that again..
Wait o. Didnt you see those countries listed above do they sound or look ISLAMiC to you?? As of last 100 years till date they are known to be CHRISTIAN countries.
Am not here to support any religion but simply say what's bad is Bad inrespective of who is doing it to who.
Think Humanity!
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
gowaga68:
Are you trying to re-write Hitler's history or Biography?? It's too late to try that but simply accept the fact he was a CHRISTIA and never forget the Church Supported him directly or indirectly. Prove me wrong on that again..
Wait o. Didnt you see those countries listed above do they sound or look ISLAMiC to you?? As of last 100 years till date they are known to be CHRISTIAN countries.
Am not here to support any religion but simply say what's bad is Bad inrespective of who is doing it to who.
Think Humanity!

If you understood my post (which I don't think you did) completely, you will see that I was not trying to refute Hitler's religious affliation with Christianity.

All I was trying to point out was the false message you were trying to peddle in the capacity of stating that Hitler's actions were based on religious sentiments as the case will be with our jihadist brothers. By labelling him a "devout Christain" so it would be similar with the case of "devout muslims".

Hitler and I repeat only used Christianity as a political front. His actions were never religiously inclined, so I think the similarity u were trying to highlight does not exist. If you have time, read again about Hitler and you will find out that he rarely went to Church.
Re: Massive Pro-palestinian Protest Outside The White House by disloman(m): 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
teniyi:
Animals like you cannot see the evil Isra-hell is committing! Get away please.
Truth is better my guy.Just take am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury / As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow / Diesel Shortage In Europe Threatens To Slow Economic Growth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.