Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

When The Wrong One Loves You Right. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When The Wrong One Loves You Right. (22445 Views)

When Your Girlfriend Denies You Right In Your Presence... / When The Wrong One Loves You Right!! / What Do U Do When The Wrong One Loves You Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Odunharry(m): 11:00am On Aug 03, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Using your feelings to judge anything in life means that you will never be reliable because your feelings will always change depending on the current circumstances. Marriages don't succeed because feelings are great all the time, they do because two people choose each other no matter what.
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by lanrefront1(m): 11:17am On Aug 03, 2014
holamiday: I'm currently in that situation right now. My lover in secondary school, 7 years ago, is still head over heels in love with me. She calls, tries to convince me we are meant to be, advises our other friends of the situation so they can talk to me and all that. She tells me how she's turned down myriads of proposals from other guys & that she's still a virgin all because of me. Sometimes she even cries on the phone saying i was her first love. It's obvious she still has those long forgotten feelings. She's a good girl & quite good-looking on every level.

The problem is i do not love her at all anymore. I have met people over the years, i've been to places & she's no longer my kind of girl. I feel so much pity for her & i call just so my conscience doesn't make me feel like a wicked person but i know i do not & cannot love her anymore. It's quite serious.

I just use the above post as an example. There are many others similar to it.

The point is this: almost every commentator on this thread do not understand what the saying "when the wrong ones love you right".

Its not talking about un-reciprocated love which many are terming it to be.

If someone loves you and you don't feel like loving them back, then he/she is not loving you right because they simply are not the one for you.

"When the wrong one loves you right" means when a guy or girl comes along, exactly the type of person that you like, right type of beauty, right height, right built, right financial status, does the right thing says the right thing, considerate, kind-hearted, unselfish, cares deeply for you, but alas, he or her is the wrong person because:

Maybe he/she from OSU caste

Maybe you discover he has gone out with your elder sister some seven years ago

Maybe your parents wants you to marry an Ibo spouse and you've promised them you would and this person happens to be Yoruba or Hausa.

Maybe he is a Muslim and you happen to be a Christian girl, but you're at peace with him more than all the Christians brothers

Maybe after sometime you discover that you guys are second or third cousins

Maybe after a while, you discover that he or she is the child of your Father's business rival.

Maybe after a while, you discover he is a loan shark or she is or she is a singer who sings a night clubs for a living......

Etcetera and etcetera......

So guys, understand and start commenting rightly...

So what would you do when the wrong love you right?

2 Likes

Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 03, 2014
GodMode:

In summary...

You have self esteem issues.
I have self esteem issues because i no longer find someone attractive after many years??

I don't understand your reasoning.

1 Like

Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by vanbonattel: 11:30am On Aug 03, 2014
They say it's wrong to date a married man but if a married man loves you right?

1 Like

Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 03, 2014
[quote author=donpeey22] That's why i said that it depends on what the person you love consider as 'the right thing'. Do you know that there are some girls that would not date a guy they consider to be too confident? Among undergraduate male students for instance, there are those that are bookworms, they hardly have time to party or show off those shiny stuffs that some girls find attractive, but they are the ones that end up graduating with best results and become influential people in the future. Most of the times when such guys try to approach a girl in this category for a relationship, they get rejected. On the other hand there are some girls that would look beyond how the guy was dressed at that moment, or that he might not have enough time/cash to take her partying, and accept him way he is, so they manage to build the relationship and become a successful couple in the future. Now, compare the two scenario above and see why i said earlier that getting a girl by doing or saying the right thing like you said depends on what she considers as the right thing. And unfortunately, it is difficult to know what a girl might HONESTLY consider as the right thing [/quote)true talk,most interesting comment.

2 Likes

Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Richy4(m): 11:36am On Aug 03, 2014
lanrefront1:

I just use the above post as an example. There are many others similar to it.

The point is this: almost every commentator on this thread do not understand what the saying "when the wrong ones love you right".

Its not talking about un-reciprocated love which many are terming it to be.

If someone loves you and you don't feel like loving them back, then he/she is not loving you right because they simply are not the one for you.

"When the wrong one loves you right" means when a guy or girl comes along, exactly the type of person that you like, right type of beauty, right height, right built, right financial status, does the right thing says the right thing, considerate, kind-hearted, unselfish, cares deeply for you, but alas, he or her is the wrong person because:

Maybe he/she from OSU caste

Maybe you discover he has gone out with your elder sister some seven years ago

Maybe your parents wants you to marry an Ibo spouse and you've promised them you would and this person happens to be Yoruba or Hausa.

Maybe he is a Muslim and you happen to be a Christian girl, but you're at peace with him more than all the Christians brothers

Maybe after sometime you discover that you guys are second or third cousins

Maybe after a while, you discover that he or she is the child of Father's business rival.

Maybe after a while, you discover he is a loan shark or she is or she is a singer who sings a night clubs for a living......

Etcetera and etcetera......

So guys, understand and start commenting rightly...

Sorry to quote you but did you read what the OP wrote? many comment here are in line with the OP's write up. maybe you just read the head line and did not care to understand what she wrote

3 Likes

Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 03, 2014
Elle780: Yea u nailed it. Is 4 d cute and sexy
I wish it would be a fair show and not like that undecided
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by sirjohnson(m): 11:45am On Aug 03, 2014
iamtewwy: this might b off topic tho, but i have to du ds because it has been bothering me and giving me concerns am 21 and have not dated any gal before, my reason for not going into any relationship is dat,

1.) wat would i been gisting with this my gal: i see so many guys with there gals gisting and laffing on the road and am imaging wat are this guys talking abt, ok if i toast a gal der is an 80% chance that she might say yes!! but i dnt knw how i can keep the relationship to b lively, if mayb i went to visit her, wen we stay together what are we going to b talking abt, thats just my problem naw!! pls can any of u relationship gurus help me awt? or give me gist i can b gisting with these gal to keep my relationship lively, pls help me am seriousy in need of ur help tanx pls ignore how i typed this!!

Just go and woo, sorry I mean toast a gal, what you will do afterwards will come automatically.
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by lanrefront1(m): 11:45am On Aug 03, 2014
Richy4:

Sorry to quote you but did you read what the OP wrote? many comment here are in line with the OP's write up. maybe you just read the head line and did not care to understand what she wrote

Oh, I forgot to include the OP among the people I'm talking about....she does not really understand the saying which was popularised by Celine Dione's song "When the wrong ones love you right" Neither IAS she able to communicate it adequately.

see some of the thing she wrote:

((i heard people said this so many
times but i still dont understand the
meaning behind it.

I know i have loved someone that
doesnt deserve me and i may have
ignored some great guys who
genuinely loved me.))
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 03, 2014
adexsimply: don't ever mistake infatuation for love.
Point taken.
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by lasheez(m): 11:48am On Aug 03, 2014
The one you like does not want you,the one you dont really like wants you.Its a double edge sword but you can learn to like the later wth time and your dream will finally come true.
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ok, since everyone's sharing their experiences, let me share mine. I have this female friend, she loves me to the extent she can even do anything for me. I was fond of her before but later, the feeling grew cold and distant. I didn't understand what happened but it just happened (mind you, I didn't sleep with her). This girl is so cute, she has these beautiful eyes and skin coupled with good character. I know many guys dying to see her smile at them but I just feel weird when I'm with her. I don't really know what's wrong with me, I try as much as possible to show some love, atleast feign love abit but in the end, I feel awkward. I guess this world is filled with love and couples but we match it with the wrong persons. I pray one day, I find a way of loving that girl because she'll be a "blessing" to a man.
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by teeblazer: 1:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
Kinkybraids: Very interesting and relevant topic. It reminds me of what my older brother said to me once.

He said love is like waiting in a long line at the bank . You are facing the one you love and would do anything for but they are facing someone else. Behind you is the one that trully loves you...they would do nothing but to have you look back at them.

So you stand in the line hoping that the one that you love turns around and gives you a chance but they dont. So you come up with a plan to get their attention by tapping them on the shoulder (a metarphor for using money, sex, desperation to secure love ect). And they turn around but only give you their attention for a little while...afterwards they turn around again, and you are left facing them, with their backs turned on you.

All this while the person that trully loves you is still facing you hoping you would turn and face them. So after sometime of waiting impatiently in the line...you finally turn and face them. You may not have wanted to but this is the second best option. You have a conversation with them to pass the time but still thinking of the one you trully love.

Sadly that is how it goes in the line of love. Iv been there too...sometimes you just have to look back because it just hurts to stick around where you arent wanted.

....yeah.
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by ElNur1: 1:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
nickz: fu ck LOVE angry angry
these hoes aint loyal
angry angry angry

1M likes 4 u...
He all about her but she all about hers..

1 Like

Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by novia22(f): 1:40pm On Aug 03, 2014
Kinkybraids: Very interesting and relevant topic. It reminds me of what my older brother said to me once.

He said love is like waiting in a long line at the bank . You are facing the one you love and would do anything for but they are facing someone else. Behind you is the one that trully loves you...they would do nothing but to have you look back at them.

So you stand in the line hoping that the one that you love turns around and gives you a chance but they dont. So you come up with a plan to get their attention by tapping them on the shoulder (a metarphor for using money, sex, desperation to secure love ect). And they turn around but only give you their attention for a little while...afterwards they turn around again, and you are left facing them, with their backs turned on you.

All this while the person that trully loves you is still facing you hoping you would turn and face them. So after sometime of waiting impatiently in the line...you finally turn and face them. You may not have wanted to but this is the second best option. You have a conversation with them to pass the time but still thinking of the one you trully love.

Sadly that is how it goes in the line of love. Iv been there too...sometimes you just have to look back because it just hurts to stick around where you arent wanted.

Nne eeeh God will bless u for dropping this kinda comment. All it takes is turning back and giving the other person waiting a chance..that's the problem I had. I found myself loving someone immensely when the nigga had a girlfriend, claimed he loved me and when I selfishly asked him to break up with her for us to be together, the nigga told me he couldn't cos he doesn't know what tommorow holds...Meanwhile there was this other guy who was virtually on his knees begging for a chance to prove himself to me ...I took the bold step of giving him a chance and till this moment I'm typing this, I dnt and have never regretted making that decision.

3 Likes

Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by userbusy21: 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
following
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
that's life for you, somebody is trying very hard to get your attention but you are very busy trying to get someone elses attention and that person also have some other person he/she is looking up to get the list keeps on going.
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
novia22:

Nne eeeh God will bless u for dropping this kinda comment. All it takes is turning back and giving the other person waiting a chance..that's the problem I had. I found myself loving someone immensely when the nigga had a girlfriend, claimed he loved me and when I selfishly asked him to break up with her for us to be together, the nigga told me he couldn't cos he doesn't know what tommorow holds...Meanwhile there was this other guy who was virtually on his knees begging for a chance to prove himself to me ...I took the bold step of giving him a chance and till this moment I'm typing this, I dnt and have never regretted making that decision.
at times what you need to love that person you see as the wrong person back is to give the person your attention and concetration and maybe before you say jack, you have fallen in love completely.
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Flygeriansteve: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
The perfect situation is when you love someone and that person loves you back. Sadly this rarely happens and you have to content yourself with loving someone who doesn't love you or being loved by sb you don't love. I don't wish either on myself but if faced with a choice, I'd choose the latter--the wrong one loving you right. Call it tough love perhaps, at least you don't run the risk of giving love and affection and never receiving your entire life.

I seek those things which I know will destroy me in the end-Anon
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
novia22:

I guess my brother was right after all. While we were debating I told him I dont see the point of turning around and being unsatisfied, he then said the guy that you give a chance to by turning around will not waste that chance and he will work harder to keep you.

To support this further ( just to say you trully made a great decision) I was advised by two married women at work when i was 20 (still young and naive). They said that a woman should always be with a man that loves her more than she loves him because he will always put her first and value her.

All the best smiley

3 Likes

Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 03, 2014
lasheez: The one you like does not want you,the one you dont really like wants you.Its a double edge sword but you can learn to like the later wth time and your dream will finally come true.

i have to disagree. They will never love you. I had to learn this the hard way. If you are man maybe because women can learn to love. If you are woman loving a man that doesnt want you, he will eat the food you cook for him, keep you as his companion until he meets someone, use you for his sexual needs and even humiliate you for being so foolish to still love him. Men can be selfish

2 Likes

Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by ihedinobi2: 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
onstelly:
Lol u got me laughing with the investment part.
Why?
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Orikinla(m): 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
Be realistic.
Whosoever loves you honestly is the right person.

Personally, girls and women who are not attractive seem to dislike me. In fact, some of them hiss whenever they see me. But those who are beautiful, pretty and sexy like me and they include the married ones. So, they are not wrong ones.
No wrong one can love you truly.
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by uzoexcel(m): 3:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
cool cool cool

Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by novia22(f): 3:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
Kinkybraids:
They said that a woman should always be with a man that loves her more than she loves him because he will always put her first and value her.

I always believed and still believe in that saying....because in most sincere cases, the lady has no option to fall back in love with the guy/man....and everyone is happy apart from bad belles of course!
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by uzoexcel(m): 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
hit d gym and all ll be well
Krystalxxx: These days....love to a naija guy only happens with some well rounded, very pretty, cute or assy girl. So called love only exists for certain people
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by jp130(m): 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
wel so much being said abt lov. i wud advice guys n ladies to always turn to God for guidance. most guys are weak by alowi ourselves to b control by our eye(wat we c), mind(inteligent likes in a woman), etc n dereby hurti pples feelings. i tinx relationships shud end in mariage else dnt go in. stay by urself if u cn
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
uzoexcel: hit d gym and all ll be well
I don't think you know me cheesy ....I'm the one person who is as thin as a toothpick...no matter what or how much I eat(or I'm forced to eat).lol...my plump frnd in sec skul used to vex,she had ulcers trying to lose weigt and I stay over slim no matter what I eat
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by uzoexcel(m): 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
loll.was jst pulln ur legs..nice sense of humour u got cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Krystalxxx:
I don't think you know me cheesy ....I'm the one person who is as thin as a toothpick...no matter what or how much I eat(or I'm forced to eat).lol
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by adexsimply(m): 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
novia22:

I always believed and still believe in that saying....because in most sincere cases, the lady has no option to fall back in love with the guy/man....and everyone is happy apart from bad belles of course!

not always true sad
Re: When The Wrong One Loves You Right. by novia22(f): 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
adexsimply: not always true sad

That's why I used the words " most" and "sincere" in the comment I made.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Valentine: Abuja Men Troop Popular Gift Store For Valentine Gifts (Photos) / Why Men Should Not Get Advice From Women About Women / Letter To Single Men From Single Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.