Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ (8447 Views)

Obanikoro's Lawyers Write Sahara Reporters (see Court Papers) / Impeachment: Panel Indicts Nyako, Absolves Deputy / BREAKING - Impeachment Panel Snubs Nyako's Holiday, Begins Sitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by CharlesPhc: 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
Lawyers of the embattled Nasarawa State Governor, Tanko Al-Makura, have written a letter to the Chief Judge of the State, Justice Suleiman Dikko, urging him to shun the calls to dissolve the panel set up to investigate the impeachment allegations levelled against the governors.

It was learnt that the letter written by the governor’s lawyers followed an earlier one sent to the CJ by the counsel for the House of Assembly, Chief Joe-Kyari Gadzama (SAN), asking the Justice Dikko to disband the panel because it was allegedly constituted contrary to constitution provisions.

The lawmakers through their counsel had said the panel constituted by the CJ did not meet the expectations of section 188(5) of the constitution.

The lawmakers had also requested the Chief Judge to set up a fresh panel.

But Al-Makura’s lead counsel to the governor, Chief Nnoruka Udechukwu (SAN), in their own letter, asked the CJ to reject the lawmakers’ quest.

Udechukwu is leading Olufunke Aboyade (SAN), Prof. Ernest Ojukwu, Kehinde Aina, O.O. Adelye, Olatoye Akinbode, Abdulwashi Musah, C.J. Mbachu and Benjamin Nwosu, in the governor’s legal team.

A copy of their letter read in part, “Your Lordship is functus officio and lacks the authority under the constitution to disband a panel which you have set under section 188(5) of the constitution.

“All ministers in the temple of justice should well advise themselves to abide by the letters and spirit of the 1999 constitution.

“The point we are making is that whoever is seriously aggrieved by any step taken by your Lordship under Section 188(5) of the constitution should follow constitutional stipulations in pursuit of that grievances and not to politicise a serious constitutional matter without minding the damage such negative action would do to the constitution and to organs of government which draw their legitimacy there from.”

The panel, which is headed by Yusuf Shehu Usman will resume sitting on Monday in Lafia.

http://www.punchng.com/news/impeachment-panel-al-makuras-lawyers-write-nasarawa-cj/
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by Caseless: 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
Let d war begin.
Almakura legal team na die...so rich!
The judiciary is an independent arm of gov't , and must not be interfered with in its discharge of constitutional duty. I'm sure those rogues from the state assembly do not know this.
Yeye!

8 Likes

Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by MrRhymes101(m): 2:41am On Aug 03, 2014
i almost made it o!!! caseless u no d sleep?? mtcheeewww
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by MrRhymes101(m): 2:41am On Aug 03, 2014
things r heating up
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by neuljosh(m): 2:43am On Aug 03, 2014
reading!!!

1 Like

Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by ichommy(m): 2:45am On Aug 03, 2014
Nigeria politics acting film since 1807
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by victorazy(m): 2:46am On Aug 03, 2014
These children make una sleep! Una dey distorb our meeting!
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by Alishachris: 2:48am On Aug 03, 2014
Jonathan should end all these dirty politics he is playing. He is going to taint his few remain strands of good image with the way he is going about this 2015!

2 Likes

Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by oxtine(m): 2:55am On Aug 03, 2014
MrRhymes101: i almost made it o!!! caseless u no d sleep?? mtcheeewww
hahhahaahhahah, u for put sleeping pill for him zobo
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by uken73(m): 3:02am On Aug 03, 2014
If the governor wants the current panel to continue, it must be he is sure of a favourable outcome. I had been wondering if the constitution gave power to the CJ to disband the panel as requested by the law makers. Their only option would be to go to court to prove the how the panel constituted by the CJ did not meet the expectations of section 188(5) of the constitution. Impeachment prolonged.

Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by FunnyPikincom(m): 3:08am On Aug 03, 2014
Im Loving This Drama as e dey go. This is what you get when a Gov is in full control of state structure, Not a Miser Like Nyako who wouldnt play with a Piece of Mango in His Farm, Sincerely, Its not Good to be Stingy undecided undecided

Beyonce Caught Engaging In S3XUAL Intimacy With Her Bodyguard? shocked shocked

See Proof + Full Photos Here >>>
http://www.vibenigeria.com/beyonce-alleged-sxually-intimate-bodyguard-photo/
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by Aromas: 3:09am On Aug 03, 2014
Na wa o, so dis mata nvr dead down?
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by ximarro(m): 3:14am On Aug 03, 2014
Judicial war. angry grin
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by Ahmed0336(m): 3:20am On Aug 03, 2014
PDP has just made Gov Al makura more popular than was. #SMH Lost battle#
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by lekhane(m): 4:08am On Aug 03, 2014
I thought Jonathan intervened in this issue or was he just trying to clean his already dented image thereby deceiving himself?
I don't think Al-mukura's impeachment will go through, is like APC don wake up
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by CharlieMaria(m): 5:07am On Aug 03, 2014
L
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by emmykk(m): 5:37am On Aug 03, 2014
As far as there are 20 PDP members to 4 APC members the governor will just be running up and down.
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by Descartes: 5:38am On Aug 03, 2014
See gobe
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by amakufrancis(m): 6:02am On Aug 03, 2014
Aiit
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by mictima(m): 6:03am On Aug 03, 2014
See me dey look... undecided
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 03, 2014
As far as the lawmakers and the judiciary are not on the same page, then things fall apart. Only the masses will suffer.
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by Bashirfuntua(m): 6:30am On Aug 03, 2014
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by 22MM(m): 6:31am On Aug 03, 2014
Cool
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 03, 2014
I respect your courage Al-makurah
This is good for our democracy.
Justice/Injustice shouldnt be done anyhow,due processes must be followed and you have shown that you know the processes that mist be followed.
Doff my cap sir

2 Likes

Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by henchamb(m): 6:57am On Aug 03, 2014
i wish nyako was halve brilliant as al makura. i pity labaran maku in 2015. the lawbreakers must vomit the money that was shared to them in abuja grin
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 03, 2014
caseless: Let d war begin.
Almakura legal team na die...so rich!
The judiciary is an independent arm of gov't , and must not be interfered with in its discharge of constitutional duty. I'm sure those rogues from the state assembly do not know this.
Yeye!
Spartan Lawyers cheesy
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by shadowwalker101: 7:54am On Aug 03, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
na wa ooo
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by Emmafrancis: 9:01am On Aug 03, 2014
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by Emmafrancis: 9:04am On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris: Jonathan should end all these dirty politics he is playing. He is going to taint his few remain strands of good image with the way he is going about this 2015!
What has jonathan got to do with this?
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by bakila: 9:13am On Aug 03, 2014
MrRhymes101: i almost made it o!!! caseless u no d sleep?? mtcheeewww
Funny, congrats anyway for the silver.
Re: Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ by mu2sa2: 9:53am On Aug 03, 2014
If the legislators fail in their bid to remove Al-makura, the boomerang effect will spell their political doom. Even now they've fled Lafia and they may remain in "exile" for awhile.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Illegal Mining: FG Withdraws Suit Against Dan-china, 16 Chinese Nationals / Election Tribunal: Nsima, APC Apprehensive Over Failed Electronic Gadgets / Awujale Of Ijebuland To Bestow Gbobaniyi Title On El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.