Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

We Are Able(a Touching Story) - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (118174 Views)

We Are Able (A Touching Story) / We Are Able (A TOUCHING STORY) / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Opracus(f): 11:18am On Aug 28, 2014
thanks alot dat gud but wer is d bank acct nd d name of d bank .Hw r we goin to fill d teller
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Opracus(f): 11:20am On Aug 28, 2014
whoa i opened new page

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Opracus: thanks alot dat gud but wer is d bank acct nd d name of d bank .Hw r we goin to fill d teller

Send your name, phone number and email address to 08087755117, 08138410839, ebiagmagazine@gmail.com or info@ebiag.com. The account number would then be sent to you through text message:

After making your payment, send your teller number to any of the above mails or numbers; the amount you deposit tells us the type of subscription you are making, i.e

#500 = 1 month
#1,000 = 2 months
# 1,300 = 3 months
# 2,000= 6 months
#3,500 = 1 year

2 Likes

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Opracus(f): 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
have done it i will pay tomorrow

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 29, 2014
Opracus: have done it i will pay tomorrow

Good morning OPRACUS...
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 29, 2014
EUNISAM, pls come over...

From the stable of EBIAG, we are pleased to announce to you our stories which would come up in OCTOBER..

1. GOATS IN UNIFORM
2. POLICE AND THIEF&
3. WIFE OF WEALTH

all written by SAMMY HOE...

However, for the month of September, you will be able to get the full story of HONEYMOON IN PRISON and WE ARE ABLE + two editions of our magazine...EVERYBODY IS A GENIUS and HOPE AND THE ISLAND OF GREATNESS and AS E DEY HAPPEN will continue to flow in SEPTEMBER too and you can always get email updates on any of them throughout your subscription duration. Subscribe to any of our plans below:

#500 = 1 month
#1,000 = 2 months
# 1,300 = 3 months
# 2,000= 6 months
#3,500 = 1 year

To subscribe, send a text message to 08087755117, 08138410839 or ebiagmagazine@gmail.com. Your email address and name should be in the text message. After going that, we shall send you a reply message to give you our bank account details. Pay in and keep your teller after sending your teller teller number to any of the above numbers or email.

THANKS.
SAMMYHOE.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 29, 2014
Update in progress...
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Opracus(f): 9:31am On Aug 29, 2014
good mawin sir,have paid into d gtb acct dis mawin

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
Opracus: good mawin sir,have paid into d gtb acct dis mawin
Hi. It has been confirmed already. You shall now begin to get updates on EBIAG stories, including the EBIAG MAGAZINES in ebook format for September. We shall send you HOPE AND THE ISLAND OF GREATNESS(PDF) and EVERYBODY IS A GENIUS(PDF) within 24 hours. Have you seen our reply message on your phone numbers?

Thanks for transacting with us.

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 30, 2014
good morning friends
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 30, 2014
update
[b]CHAPTER ELEVEN
Toyosi came one weekend. She wanted me to begin teaching her sign language. I became glad and began to teach her with immediate effect. She would write whatever she needed to know on paper and I would make effort to demonstrate it to her in sign language.
My father John hadn’t changed for good. I keep wondering why one’s biological father could deny one in such manner. If he didn’t want me why then did he get my mother impregnated and then made me come to existence? He should have aborted my pregnancy while I was in the womb, I thought.
“Mother, why is this man still like before?” I asked my mother.
“He will change,” mother replied. “Let’s just keep trusting God and praying to him to touch the heart of your father. The Lord who touched the heart of Bode’s mother will surely touch his heart too,” she said.
“Amen,” I replied.
Toyosi came around at another weekend. She was furious when she saw Bode in the act of bully. If not for the fact that I have permanently jettisoned the act of revenge, I would have torn him apart. Toyosi came in time, just when Bode gave my nape a hard slap, having a leaf between his lips to mock me. I had turned my neck upon my knee, gnashing my teeth. The way Bode behaved really depicted the fact that he wasn’t a bastard—I mean to say that he was my father’s child indeed, because that way exactly must have been my father’s way of life at his childhood too—wicked ways.
I could read Toyosi’s lips. She was screaming at her son. She rushed towards him and caught him by the left arm. The rest was a story—she beat him black and blue.
“Sorry young girl,” she said to me in sign language.
“Thank you,” I replied her, raising my face again.
Toyosi wrote a note. She wanted me to teach her how to spell her name ‘Toyosi’ in sign language. If she had learnt the alphabets very well, she would have been able to do that easily.
I demonstrated the spelling of her name in sign language. She was glad. She opened her bag and gave me some confectioneries she had bought. She had also bought some fried rice in an eatery. She gave me a bottle of orange juice. I gulped it down without care. It wasn’t the first time I would be collecting gifts from her.
Toyosi watched as I gulped the juice. She began to caress my hair. She spoke to me in the little sign language she had read. Then, she wrote another note, asking me to spell my own name for her in sign language too.
“My name is very simple…,” I said. There was a knock at the door.
Toyosi hasted to open the door for the knocker. Rachael my aunty came in. The look on her face was rather outlandish. I wonder what had happened to her.
“Welcome ma,” I said.
“Thank you Rose,” she replied faintly. She saw the juice half-drunken on the table and frowned.
Toyosi went before her and genuflected for her to pay her some respect.
“Stand up my wife,” she helped to raise her up. “Where is my sister?” Rachael asked me in sign language.
“My mummy has gone to the market,” I replied.
“Your father, what about him?”
“He’s gone to work,” I replied.
“Does he work every day?”
“Yes, except on Sundays,” I replied.
“Okay, I’ll wait for your mummy anyway,” she said.
“She’ll soon be back,” I said.
Toyosi was just beaming at us. She didn’t understand much of what we were communicating since she wasn’t vast in sign language yet. She seemed to be uncomfortable with my aunt’s presence, perhaps because of the halt to the sign language I was teaching her. I could see her speaking to my aunt. She must be bidding her goodbye, going by the way she was rising up, her shiny cerise bag hung to her left shoulder. She had a vignette on her neck which was the spot on her body that had become a cynosure of my aunt’s eyes since she came in.
Just when she was up, Bode rushed in again and gave me a bite on my right shoulder. Toyosi swiftly grabbed him before he could escape and beat him silly. Bode wept bitterly. The noise of his cry was surely ear-splitting, going by the manner some grotesque had formed around the faces of the two women—Toyosi and my aunt. Toyosi twisted his arm and pinched him. The story of his face was all about tears for the space of ten minutes after, even when her mother had left. He was insulting me, but since I couldn’t hear him, I wasn’t affected a bit. To make me affected, Bode poked the leaf into her mouth again. I wasn’t bothered this time around.
As soon as Toyosi left the house, Rachael swiftly drew close to me.
“Rose, who drank that juice halfway?” she asked in a critical manner.
“Me,” I said.
“You?” she frowned. “Have I not told you that you shouldn’t collect anything from her anymore?”
“Ahn ahn, aunty, why? Why don’t you want me…?”
“Hey! Rose! You are very stubborn. The last time you came to my house, remember I told you that you shouldn’t trust someone so much. Why are you so much trusting that Toyosi can’t harm you? I’m saying it again, don’t take anything from Toyosi. I mean that woman should not be trusted too soon!”
I bowed my head in cogitation. Whom do I follow, my mother or my aunt. My mother was the one who asked me to be free with Toyosi because it is only through her that we can actually get the favour of my dad. If not for Toyosi who came to fetch us from our refuge the other time, perhaps my mother would still be staying out of wedlock till now.
“But…but mother asked me to be free with her!” I replied. My hands shook as I spoke.
“Hannah asked you to be free with her?” Rachael said as if it was a serious issue. “Let her come and I’ll challenge her about that.” The door began to open. It was my mother.
“You are truly the daughter of our father,” my aunty said as my mother got in.
“Why d’you say so?”
“We’re just talking about you Hannah,” Rachael smiled. She was beautiful in her own way. Her mouth was shaped in that oval Terminalia catappalike fruit shape. A black little round spot stood out beside her nose. That was what some of my mates called ‘Sign of God’.
“Gossipers,” my mother said jokingly in smiles.
“Why don’t you hear us before judging us?” she said. “Em…by the way, did you meet Toyosi on your way coming?
“I didn’t meet her, was she here?”
“Yes…she just left,” we said.
“Oh, Toyosi, I wished to see her,” my mother was sad. She had so much loved her now. Since our reconciliation with my dad, Toyosi had been helpful in the area of helping us get things done. She was the one who involved my daddy in registering me for Secondary Education I would be commencing next month. If not for her support in convincing my dad to do that, John wouldn’t have bothered paying.
“Was she the one who brought you these things?” my mother asked and I replied, “Yes.”
“God will bless her mightily. Whatever she lays her hands upon shall prosper,” my mother prayed for her in her amateur sign language. I had to correct some of her misspoken words. At that juncture, she noticed the look on Rachael’s face. “Rachael what’s the matter? Why is your face like this?”
Rachael spoke. She said she was suspicious of Toyosi’s sudden moves.
“Prophetess you have come again,” my mummy was laughing. “It is you who said that my husband will receive me back; it happened through Toyosi, now you are doubting the motive of the person God used to bring the reconciliation.”
“Just be careful of her, that’s all I have to say,” Rachael said soberly.
“Okay o, we have heard you,” my mother replied and made up a stiff neck. She moved her nose in a mocking way.
“Well, Hannah, just be careful.”
Rachael saw the notes Toyosi had written. She read them out. Thereafter, she asked, “Did she ask you to gesture her name in the sign language?” she asked.
“Yes, I replied!”
Rachael spotted the note in which she was asking me to demonstrate my own name too.
“Did she also ask you to demonstrate your own name?” Rachael asked fast. Her face was folded up in fright.
“Yes she did and…”
“What? Did you do it?” Rachael grabbed my arms in fright.
“I—I haven’t,” I said
. “I was about to say it when you came in.”
“Huugh,” she sighed in relief and sank to her chair.
“Don’t you dare tell her your name, Rose!” she said.
“Why?” my mother and I asked. She couldn’t say a word. A horrible look was glommed to her gloomy face. Mother and I laughed at her.

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Aipete2(f): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2014
Tell her your name n die
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Mczigx(m): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2014
Oga sammy dnt stop updatng plzzz am deeply in luv wit diz story.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Queenxstar(f): 9:32am On Aug 30, 2014
She wan use sign language call the poor girl for Babalawo house? Hmmmm...

2 Likes

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 30, 2014
Mczigx: Oga sammy dnt stop updatng plzzz am deeply in luv wit diz story.
Queenxstar: She wan use sign language call the poor girl for Babalawo house? Hmmmm...
Aipete2: Tell her your name n die

I have resolved to kip updating WAA, but MCZIGX won't you subscribe for EBIAG Stories angry

@Queenxtar, how you take sabi Wetin Toyosi wan do. You follow dey with am? cheesy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 30, 2014
DEAR READERS, YOU CAN NOW GET THE EBOOK OF SAMMY HOE'S STORIES TO YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES.

AVAILABLE FOR SALE ON EBOOK:

1. EVERYBODY IS A GENIUS(COMPLETE SEASON 1wink
Payment mode: Recharge card Airtel #200

2. HOPE AND THE ISLAND OF GREATNESS (COMPLETE SEASON 1)
Payment mode: Recharge card, Airtel #200

3. AS E DEY HAPPEN(COMPLETE SEASON 1)
Payment mode: Recharge card, Airtel #100

4. HONEYMOON IN PRISON(COMPLETE SEASON 1)
Payment mode: Recharge card, Airtel #100

How to buy:
Send the name of the story you wish to buy + the equivalent Airtel recharge pin card to 08087755117 or 08138410839.

You can code the name this way: For the first story above, you may write EBIAG1; for the second, HIG1, third is AEDHA1 and the fourth is HIP1.

You can also subscribe on EBIAG STORIES to get updates of our ebooks and EBIAG MAGAZINE sent to your mail. Subscription for SEPTEMBER is on already for just #500 to be paid to EBIAG BANK ACCOUNT.

You can also subscribe for 2 months at #1000, 3 months at #1,300; 6 months at #2,000 and 1 year at #3,500.

Send a text message containing your email address and your name to 08087755117 or 08138410839 and we shall send you the account number where you pay into.

Pay and forward your teller number through the same means, we shall send you a text message and also mail you when your transaction has been confirmed, then you automatically start receiving any updates from the stable of EBIAG.

THANKS.

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Mczigx(m): 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
SammyHoe:

I have resolved to kip updating WAA, but MCZIGX won't you subscribe for EBIAG Stories angry

@Queenxtar, how you take sabi Wetin Toyosi wan do. You follow dey with am? cheesy
na owo no dey o
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 30, 2014
Mczigx:
na owo no dey o

God go provide o
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
This Toyosi is up to no good.Nice one mr sammy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
seunviju: This Toyosi is up to no good.Nice one mr sammy

Thanks so much.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
seunviju: This Toyosi is up to no good.Nice one mr sammy
Hmmmmwink
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Hmmmmwink
You,huh
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
seunviju: You,huh
Am I that bad??
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 3:37am On Aug 31, 2014
WE ARE ABLE...continuation
[b]CHAPTER TWELVE
The following day, Sunday, Toyosi was back in our house. She was still as keen on knowing my name as the day before yesterday. My aunt’s instruction didn’t strike my opaque head. I was going to demonstrate it to her once and for all.

An inner voice came. At first I was shocked when I heard it and thought I could now hear with my ears, but when Toyosi turned around to answer her son, I knew I was still deaf because I didn’t still hear her voice. The inner voice had just asked me not to do it.
“Please demonstrate your name,” she asked again. As though she had enchanted me, I rose up and made some gestures with my hands. She was glad. She signaled that I should do it over and over again and I concurred. She also began to do it until I told her she had done a perfect job.

Toyosi left the home after presenting some goodies to me. It was soon dark. The day had gone to bed but my eyes were just clear. I wasn’t feeling sleepy at all. Mother came to my room and saw me turning around under the quilt after switching on the light of my room. My pillow was clutched to my chest.

“Rose, aren’t you sleeping?” she asked.

“I don’t feel like…sleeping,” I yawned. She came to sit beside me on the bed.

“What’s the matter Rose?”

“I don’t just know,” I said.

“Maybe you want me to rock you to sleep, Rose,” she said. “And I wouldn’t mind doing that.”

“I’m no more a small girl mum,” I replied. “By September I would be getting to JSS 1.”

“And then?” she said. She looked into my gray eyes and frowned. I didn’t know what she spotted in them. “Rose, are you nervous?”

“A bit,” I said. I was feeling nervous indeed. My heart was tapping faster than normal. My blood was burning within me. It was as though
something bad would happen.

“Don’t be nervous Rose,” she said. “Or would you come and sleep in my room?”

“I wouldn’t mind doing that,” I said. Mother bundled me up the way I saw father bundle Toyosi up those few times she was playing love with my father in our presence. She dumped me playfully on her bed. I ricocheted like that round thing my brother called ‘high land’. Mother’s bed was as fat as a thousand sliced bread packed together. Sure no one would have a bad dream on such, I thought.

As soon as my back made intimate contact with the mattress, my eyes began to close. My breath poured easily. I fell into unconsciousness. A dream began to form on my face.

Vividly in my dream I saw a woman sitting on a mat beside an old man whose teeth was like a rotten banana. The ambiance of the room was familiar to me. The woman was the one I saw calling some statements into a basin of water having my image some weeks back. This time around, she wasn’t speaking with her mouth, instead, she was gesticulating.

“Bode, the son of John, I am calling your name right now. Answer me to death right now, Bode!” she said in sign language. “Answer me to death right now!”

It was like a film show to me. An image had formed inside the water. She was shocked when she saw the image in it. It wasn’t mine, but that of Bode. I could read disappointment and shock on her face when she saw the image.
I thumped up. So it was a dream, I thought. I tapped my mother to life.

“Mother, I have a dream.”

“A dream?”

“Yes mother, a bad dream,” I said, breathing like a cow.

“About what?” my mother yawned and beamed at the wall clock. It was just 2 am.

“Something like that one I had in Aunty Rachael’s house three weeks back,” I said.

“Do you mean the dream about someone gawking at your image in a basin of water?” my mother asked in a fearful manner.

“Yes mother,” I said. In fact, this time around the woman was speaking in sign language.

“Ah! Calling your name in sign language?” Mother said and deflated my two cheeks in between her palms.

“Not my name this time around,” I said. “She was calling Bode’s name.”

“In sign language?”

“Exactly, yes,” I said, sweating.
Mother was glad I didn’t respond to the call since it wasn’t my name that was called by the strange woman in the dream. However, she felt concerned for Bode.

“Who’s this strange woman of darkness calling us at night? Why can’t she present herself in the day? She must be a coward.” Her heart thumped. She was scared. “Now that you said that the woman is communicating in sign language, are you safe at all? What is the probability that she won’t pounce on you in the next dream?” My mother faced the ceiling and began to weep.

“Mum,” I said and tapped her. She looked at me. “I think I know who she is.”

“Who?” she asked in an intriguing manner and I answered pointblank, “Toyosi!”

“How do you know?”

“She asked for my name yesterday, but I demonstrated her son’s name, Bode to her.”

“Ah!” my mother held me tight. “A witch cried yesterday, a child died today, who don’t know that it is the witch who killed the child?” she spoke in proverbs.

“Mother, let’s go and check Bode in his room first,” I said out of concern. Mother and I began to head for his room. He wasn’t in.
“What?” we both screamed in sign language.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Abuklaw(m): 7:27am On Aug 31, 2014
Still following. "Pro hoc ergo propta hoc" she will now realise the real power of deception

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by barackodam: 8:45am On Aug 31, 2014
sammyhoe: “What?” we both screamed in sign language.

Water ni! !!

Eni a wi fun oba je o gbo, eni a soro fun oba je of gba
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Marcela04: 9:26am On Aug 31, 2014
Toyosi will reap d evil she is sowing. Na u luk 4 trouble, na u go carry trouble. Ride on Sammy
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Mczigx(m): 9:33am On Aug 31, 2014
SammyHoe:

God go provide o
ami
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Mczigx(m): 11:00am On Aug 31, 2014
Sammy......u jst made my sunday

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Aipete2(f): 11:21am On Aug 31, 2014
barackodam:

Water ni! !!

Eni a wi fun oba je o gbo, eni a soro fun oba je of gba
Omo Yoruba rere. Ise e ta nw
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 31, 2014
Mczigx: Sammy......u jst made my sunday

And you made my own year because today is my own new year...I'm just very happy today cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 31, 2014
Marcela04: Toyosi will reap d evil she is sowing. Na u luk 4 trouble, na u go carry trouble. Ride on Sammy
Thanks for commenting on the thread. Happy Sunday to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (35) (Reply)

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} / The Handsome Devil I Know / Make Me A Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.