Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! (6405 Views)

Does Phcn Uses Generator To Empower Us?? / Phcn Uses Generators In Its Offices; Group Wants Practice To End / Even PHCN Uses Generator! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by yicob(m): 10:29am On Oct 16, 2008
I was disgusted when I got to PHCN office yesterday to settle my bills. The Officer in charge said I should wait for some minutes as they are servicing their Genarator which they will use for my print-out.

All of a sudden,  all the officials shouted "Up NEPA!"

I felt sorry for the state of the nation because these PHCN staff seem not to know the panacea to our predicament as we are all expecting Light together.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by AKO1(m): 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2008
Before nko, no be d same light?

Its good, let them have a taste of their own meal.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by ifyalways(f): 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2008
lol
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by shotster50(m): 8:47pm On Oct 19, 2008
Its quite a shame that up until now we still cant boast of a steady supply of electricity.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by bawomolo(m): 12:02am On Oct 20, 2008
yicob:

I was disgusted when I got to PHCN office yesterday to settle my bills. The Officer in charge said I should wait for some minutes as they are servicing their Genarator which they will use for my print-out.

All of a sudden,  all the officials shouted Up NEPAAAAAAAAAAAA

I felt sorry for the state of the nation because these PHCN staff seem not to know the panacea to our predicament as we are all expecting Light together.

naija go kill person o embarassed grin cry
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by JJYOU: 12:10am On Oct 20, 2008
shameless people
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by dmxqo(m): 12:17am On Oct 20, 2008
NEPA dey bring light, PHCN dey take light. now NEPA no dey again, soooo?
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by landis(m): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2008
shotster50:

Its quite a shame that up until now we still can't boast of a steady supply of electricity.

It is not a shame.

It is picking up OBJ and [punishing him] for spending $16billion to give us darkness.

If above is done, Yaradua and everyone coming after will take us for serious.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by shotster50(m): 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2008
@ Landis,

thats true but i dont see Obasanjo in the dock anytime soon.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by jbkomo(m): 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2008
May not be now, but i can asure you, It will defenitly happen one day. no evil done to man will go unpurnished. If the power holders too.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by slimes(m): 6:02pm On Oct 21, 2008
What a shme?
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Scopium: 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2008
[size=13pt]I heard from a retired diesel retailer that diesel and generator dealers normally settle some high ranking NEPA officials to withhold power during festive period especially xmas period so they could make enough profits from their biz. I wonder what major diesel dealers will do.[/size]
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by dayotee2(m): 7:32pm On Oct 21, 2008
landis:

It is not a shame.

It is picking up OBJ and [punishing him] for spending $16billion to give us darkness.

If above is done, Yaradua and everyone coming after will take us for serious.

@landis: I have follow with the intense interest the $16B spent on NIPP saga; by the way this money was not claimed spent on NEPA but on NIPP so lets not mix things up.

First I find it shocking and the highest level display of ignorance on the part of our leaders to expect a power station to be built in a year.

sincerely landis I think its high time we let OBJ be, he meant well for the nation and the said money spent on power project is not a waste as some people in government is trying to make us believe. Think of it: The finance minister under OBJ says she released only about $5billion, The president claim its $16B from when to when? and how much has yar'adua spent on power himself?

south africa recently invested $25B in there power towards 2010 world cup.

I recomend that you read Tell of months back on the power project saga and how your senate commitee shamfully represented us. Can you believe that, the senate commitee when for site seeing and spent only 5min on the site, claim nothing is going on because there is no physical structure and they later spent 3hours in the state governors house,

Yar'adua should order the publishing of the letter OBJ sent to the house commitee on the NIPP project, Yar'adua should tell us exactly his plan for Power in nigeria and disolve with IMMEDIATE effect the dangote led power reform team , .

Thank you for reading and pls dont HIT hard back at me.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by fyneguy: 8:03pm On Oct 21, 2008
All these paid OBJ PR consultants trying hard to defend him, (hisses)
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by MadMax1(f): 8:44pm On Oct 21, 2008
This post go kill person. grin grin
Na real wah.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by ayodapo(m): 8:54pm On Oct 21, 2008
Come to think of it I see some senses in what dayotee just said, Maybe we should be cautious in our judgements. Not all these leaders meant bad about thier decisions, am not saying OBJ is vindicated.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2008
dayotee2:

@landis: I have follow with the intense interest the $16B spent on NIPP saga; by the way this money was not claimed spent on NEPA but on NIPP so lets not mix things up.

First I find it shocking and the highest level display of ignorance on the part of our leaders to expect a power station to be built in a year.

sincerely landis I think its high time we let OBJ be, he meant well for the nation and the said money spent on power project is not a waste as some people in government is trying to make us believe. Think of it: The finance minister under OBJ says she released only about $5billion, The president claim its $16B from when to when? and how much has yar'adua spent on power himself?

south africa recently invested $25B in there power towards 2010 world cup.

I recomend that you read Tell of months back on the power project saga and how your senate commitee shamfully represented us. Can you believe that, the senate commitee when for site seeing and spent only 5min on the site, claim nothing is going on because there is no physical structure and they later spent 3hours in the state governors house,

Yar'adua should order the publishing of the letter OBJ sent to the house commitee on the NIPP project, Yar'adua should tell us exactly his plan for Power in nigeria and disolve with IMMEDIATE effect the dangote led power reform team , .

Thank you for reading and please don't HIT hard back at me.

Please tell me this is a typo. $16 billion on power. What was the entire national budget at the time?
Thats like 1.7 trillion naira. I hope you meant 16 billion naira.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by jodeci(m): 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2008
I wish Labor employers should not employ any man or woman with NEPA or PHCN in his CV,they are failures.I have resolved that long .ago.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by UNLEASHED(m): 10:05pm On Oct 21, 2008
This is absolutely funny!!! worth moving to jokes section lol!
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by dayotee2(m): 10:14pm On Oct 21, 2008
A-town: yes 16Billion USD spent btw 1999 and 2007. and we still need about $85B to have stable power in Nigeria according to Suleiman Bello, the executive vice chairman and chief executive officer of Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN.

PLs see below refs for more on the NIPP project:

http://www.newswatchngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=139&Itemid=1

http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/2605/1/Deception-Lies-Fraud-And-Farce-The-State-Of-A-Nation/Page1.html

http://allafrica.com/stories/200712040176.html

http://www.tellng.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=84&Itemid=1

One point I think i should say finally is that our current president was the governor of katsina state when it was agreed among the governors and the FG to spend from the international reserver to fund the power project, one only wonders what happened to Mr.president to stopping the funding of the project for a year and asking for probe afterwards, with high claims of power plants lieing at different ports in the contry.

fyneguy:

All these paid OBJ PR consultants trying hard to defend him, (hisses)

Am afraid @ fyneguy not all that speak well of OBJ are paid PR consultant as you claim, I am a positive Nigerian, open to informations and slow to judging people.

The truth is, there is no future in the past,

OBJ is not the future, he is the past, he has done his part, finished his script and done with nigeria, we should be done with him too, let him be,
Yar'Adua is the present, he should focus on the job on his table and stop the bad image painting of another man, he will leave there one day and YOU may be the future. NO sane people drive forward  by looking back.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by pheesayor(m): 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2008
I also agree with dayotee2 and besides power supply has tremendously improved in festac town with an average of 23hrs a day and with the just installed prepaid meters, I beleive it will be perfect soon. Nothing good comes easy
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by pheesayor(m): 10:38pm On Oct 21, 2008
OBJ is not the future, he is the past, he has done his part, finished his script and done with nigeria, we should be done with him too, let him be,
Yar'Adua is the present, he should focus on the job on his table and stop the bad image painting of another man, he will leave there one day and YOU may be the future. NO sane people drive forward by looking back

Let's be positive, this is also killing Nigeria. There is still hope for the future
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 21, 2008
pheesayor:

Let's be positive, this is also killing Nigeria. There is still hope for the future

for how long.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by ztyle(m): 11:10pm On Oct 21, 2008
For 365 years! B TW which kind hope?
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by netotse(m): 11:33pm On Oct 21, 2008
ok, i'm sitting here wondering what u guys are getting excited about shocked the office you went to is either a distribution or cash office so they have no more right to electricity than you do, now if it was transmission it'd be something

, them not having light is actually a good thing(, how would you feel if only one building on your street had light-thats basically what you guys are trying to insinuate, itws just not sensible)
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Nicesoul(m): 6:40am On Oct 22, 2008
@ Poster

O ma shey o! . We seems to have 4gotten the full meaning of this people called power or light supplier. Let me break it down, it was formally NEPA (Nonsense Electrical Power Supply) now they are PHCN (Problem Has Changed Name). Friends, please dont blame them, na their name dey follow them. Simple!
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by Jakumo(m): 6:56am On Oct 22, 2008
Correction. Former Nigerian president Obasanjo STOLE 16 Billion US dollars that had been earmarked for power generation for the entire nation.

He phucking STOLE that money, and NONE of the loot was EVER spent on anything related to electricity generation.

To confirm Nigeria's status as planet Earth's Crime Central Station, the culprit of that heist of the century is a free man today who will NEVER be penalized in any way, since he has more than enough cash to silence all critics and whistle blowers.

Praise the Lord who protects all Nigeria's thieves and sets them up as role models to be copied by all subsequent national leaders.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by comechop(m): 7:14am On Oct 22, 2008
hahahahaha lol this post is hilarious

lol up NEPA at PHCN hahahahaha lol

eee go, NO,
eee DON DEY beta for naija o!!
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by dayotee2(m): 8:27am On Oct 22, 2008
Jakumo:

Correction. Former Nigerian president Obasanjo STOLE 16 Billion US dollars that had been earmarked for power generation for the entire nation.

Jakumo: I will prefer if you give us FACT in this forum and not just screen OBJ is a thief.

our problem with OBJ in Nigeria is that we have forgotten where we were before 1999 and lost memories of life before OBJ.

We have forgotten the 3months, 6months and LONG weeks we exist without power from NEPA because we were producing less than 1000MW, we have forgotten that generator was even used by the RICH only at that time because no poor man can afford GEN, so we were in total darkness.

Before OBJ, egbin power station was useless, OBJ revamp the station and built FOUR more power station before he left office, he set a foundation for more power stations to generate more power through the NIPP.

I remember what Imoke (formal minister or power and steal under OBJ and now the governor of cross river state) said when he was in front of the senate committee probing the NIPP project, he said "when all this project begins to materialised, we should not forget WE (himself and OBJ) started it" and how they were busy clapping for his sweet talks.

shockingly few months back Nigeria went to an all time low of 800MW from the 3000MW OBJ left in power generation because instead of looking forward, we kept our eyes on a man who is enjoying the head of his life in OTA.

Before OBJ, Nigeria was running into exitintion, we were losing touch with everything that pertain to life, OBJ was able to slow our pace on that journey in his 8 years in government. He didn't do ALL he did SOME, YOU and I has SOME to do, Have you done your part?

For me, I want to see yar'adua plan for the PHCH, he has been postponing his campaign "promise" of declaring a state of emergency on POWER in his first 100 days in office, we are now in his 600days and he is yet to do ANYTHING, i mean ANYTHING to improve our power situation in Nigeria,

I want the senate to publish the NIPP probe report, publish OBJ's response letter to the senate committee on the NIPP, the lmoke letter on this same project, Yar'adua road map for a better power in Nigeria.

Again it is important we know that the NIPP project is a well conceived concept, it has been claimed to be the best step we have ever taken towards a better power supply for Nigeria, so there is nothing wrong in the NIPP concept, the big question Mr. president has not been able to answer is " how do we right the wrongs of the implementation of the NIPP project, with Nigerian in mind and not OBJ"?.

If yar'adua has not stopped the funding of NIPP, we will by now be enjoying some of the benefit as some power stations would have been completed and added to the national grid. May I say this also, that OTA bridge has remain the way it is now because baba "go slow" has stop financing the project since last year also.

Again I say the future is not in the dangote lead power reform team ,  dangote has a power production company and he will only think of his pocket as he usually do.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by SkyBlue1: 8:43am On Oct 22, 2008
dayotee2:

A-town: yes 16Billion USD spent between 1999 and 2007. and we still need about $85B to have stable power in Nigeria according to Suleiman Bello, the executive vice chairman and chief executive officer of Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN.

please see below refs for more on the NIPP project:

http://www.newswatchngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=139&Itemid=1

http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/2605/1/Deception-Lies-Fraud-And-Farce-The-State-Of-A-Nation/Page1.html

http://allafrica.com/stories/200712040176.html

http://www.tellng.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=84&Itemid=1

One point I think i should say finally is that our current president was the governor of katsina state when it was agreed among the governors and the FG to spend from the international reserver to fund the power project, one only wonders what happened to Mr.president to stopping the funding of the project for a year and asking for probe afterwards, with high claims of power plants lieing at different ports in the contry.

Am afraid @ fyneguy not all that speak well of OBJ are paid PR consultant as you claim, I am a positive Nigerian, open to informations and slow to judging people.

The truth is, there is no future in the past,

Yar'Adua is the present, he should focus on the job on his table and stop the bad image painting of another man, he will leave there one day and YOU may be the future. NO sane people drive forward  by looking back.

A seemingly balanced arguement i have to admit, however before those $billions begin to roll of the tongue like it is water we speak of why don't we keep in mind that as a general rule of thumb, $1billion is meant to translate into 1000mW of power and possibly even lower for expansion of established power plants. So question, what do you think the actual power generating capacity of Nigeria is and what do you think it actually was before Obasanjo? Perhaps that simple but effective analysis will give you an idea into why people get so furious over the power situation. If i remember correctly NEPA/PHCN was recently sounding triumphant of the fact that Nigeria had a generating capacity of 3700mW, a record apparently. When you consider that people still had light during the eras of even Abacha and IBB you begin to wonder what the $billions spent have actully translated to. I however agree that we should be looking at Yaradua right now and what he is doing as a primary focus.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by pamboogie(f): 9:31am On Oct 22, 2008
Everyone's always quick to judge Obj, nobody sits down to think of the good he did while he was in office. the power situation is dragging now because everyone keeps dwelling on the past instead of moving forward. Obj's not God, he did the best he could. he laid foundations, only so much coulda been done in 8yrs. Nigerians everywhere are difficult to satisfy, nobody's ever good enuf for them. We complained about, IBB, Abacha, Abdulsalami,Shonekan,Obj and now we're complaining bout Yaradua. Does that mean none of these men did right Men, people, live and let live. People perform to the best of their abilities. Let's encourage them.
Re: PHCN Uses Generator And Shouts Up NEPA When There Is Light! by landis(m): 9:32am On Oct 22, 2008
During OBJ time, they were using Generator in ASO ROCK.

he laid foundations,

tell that to the dogs,

Right now in OTA FARM, OBJ is using Generator, yet he spent $16Billion for nothing.

Until these people are HANGED public officials will always steal our money and rub it in our face.

Dont expect any change in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai Debunks Plans Of Contesting In 2015 General Elections (Pix) / Boko Haram Gain More Towns, Fighter Jets Do Nothing - Yahoo News / Buhari’s Health; Friday Declared As Public Holiday, It's Like Fayose Was Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.