Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? (7924 Views)

Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / Is It Wrong To Question The Existence Of God / Why Are People So Afraid To Question God? Why, How, When, If Etc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Alishachris: 1:41am On Aug 03, 2014
Chrisbenogor:
Except you forget that back then they had their own factions and divisions. Each with his own books and practices like deeper life vs MFM.

When is back then? The back then that is relevant is during Jesus and the apostles times, when the bible was written. For all i can remember Neither Jesus nor the apostles instigated a religion. it was people that saw as the apostles were living their life that called them 'christians' meaning that they were living their lives as Jesus the Christ did. Peace. cool
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Goshen360(m): 1:41am On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris:

all these you are calling are religions. Man made and fallible. The Word of God is not a religion. Christianity is not a religion. Read your bible and follow your own personal revelations about the spirit. We all experience the spirit and God in our own individual ways. cool Peace.

I agree. So can we begin to question some things in the bible now as per the OP?....so we can fellowship in the word? I will begin to bring up some scriptures and we can question them one after the other? If you don't mind.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:46am On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris:

When is back then? The back then that is relevant is during Jesus and the apostles times, when the bible was written. For all i can remember Neither Jesus nor the apostles instigated a religion. it was people that saw as the apostles were living their life that called them 'christians' meaning that they were living their lives as Jesus the Christ did. Peace. cool
Not that straight forward brother, Jesus and the apostles did not write the 'bible'.

If I should ask like frosbel when and who exactly wrote the book that got eventually bound together to form the bible? I am trying to say that the divisions you see today run deep. Take the time read the events that led to the compilation of the books into the bible.
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Alishachris: 1:50am On Aug 03, 2014
Goshen360:

I agree. So can we begin to question some things in the bible now as per the OP?....so we can fellowship in the word? I will begin to bring up some scriptures and we can question them one after the other? If you don't mind.

i do mind. If you have issues with the bible, enter your private study, pray and ask the spirit for divine revelation, then read the bible and question all you want. But not in public because the bible is not a scholarly book that can be brought to the public for dissection. As i told you, the answers you would get would be best for you alone, according to your relationship with God. its a personal race bro.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by sarutobie(m): 1:52am On Aug 03, 2014
elipheleh: We are encouraged to question discrepancies as Paul rightly said :

10The brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so .12Therefore many of them believed, along with a number of prominent Greek women and men.…Acts 17 :10-12
^this here answers the op..apostle paul encouraged us to study the scriptures to see if the things being said were true..the bible encourages us to seek the truth in all things (including the scriptures).."for ye shall know the truth, and it shall set you free"

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Alishachris: 1:53am On Aug 03, 2014
Chrisbenogor:
Not that straight forward brother, Jesus and the apostles did not write the 'bible'.

If I should ask like frosbel when and who exactly wrote the book that got eventually bound together to form the bible? I am trying to say that the divisions you see today run deep. Take the time read the events that led to the compilation of the books into the bible.

No, you are the one getting it wrong bro. The bible was not written in one day and by one man. The bible is a compilation of God's Word to His people. These are revelations given to some people that the spirit inspired to put down on scrolls. Compilation of those old scrolls is what we know as the bible today.
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris:

i do mind. If you have issues with the bible, enter your private study, pray and ask the spirit for divine revelation, then read the bible and question all you want. But not in public because the bible is not a scholarly book that can be brought to the public for dissection. As i told you, the answers you would get would be best for you alone, according to your relationship with God. its a personal race bro.

Wrong !

God does not operate in darkness , only those who either have something to hide or are unsure of their belief system will want to dissect the bible in secret.

Blindly following doctrine without due understanding leads to more error and delusion.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by oluwamitomisin: 1:59am On Aug 03, 2014
Goshen360:

I wish you give more exposition to us all from your findings about this verse you referenced

New American Standard Bible
"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Alishachris: 2:01am On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

Wrong !

God does not operate in darkness , only those who either have something to hide or are unsure of their belief system will want to dissect the bible in secret.

Blindly following doctrine without due understanding leads to more error and delusion.

Doctrines are man made. I do not follow doctrines. Christianity is a personal relationship with God, your father. Does any one has one way of relating with his earthly father? How much more your Heavenly father. Remember, Jesus came to bring us closer to the father so we can take all our problems and doubts to him and not to our fellow humans. Because man's wisdom is foolishness in the sight of God. Peace. cool
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:02am On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris:

No, you are the one getting it wrong bro. The bible was not written in one day and by one man. The bible is a compilation of God's Word to His people. These are revelations given to some people that the spirit inspired to put down on scrolls. Compilation of those old scrolls is what we know as the bible today.
I quite agree with you that it is a compilation. I am saying that the divisions in what we know as Christianity today run deep. For instance the Arian controversy regarding the relationship between Jesus and the father goes as far back as 325 AD. This even till this day rages for instance in the way the Jehovas witnesses see Jesus vs the majority of other christians. But where are the Arian texts today? They were consigned to flames and anyone in possession of them was executed.

Was Arius and the other people deemed heretical not inspired by the spirit? Is it not particularly flawed for Man to then decide what was of the spirit and what was not?

At the end of the day you would agree with me that it is impossible to get all Christendom, to agree in total what the various messages in the bible is trying to say. The many contradictions we find in commands and in time were maybe because this book was not really supposed to be together in the first place.
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Alishachris: 2:05am On Aug 03, 2014
Chrisbenogor:
I quite agree with you that it is a compilation. I am saying that the divisions in what we know as Christianity today run deep. For instance the Arian controversy regarding the relationship between Jesus and the father goes as far back as 325 AD. This even till this day rages for instance in the way the Jehovas witnesses see Jesus vs the majority of other christians. But where are the Arian texts today? They were consigned to flames and anyone in possession of them was executed.

Was Arius and the other people deemed heretical not inspired by the spirit? Is it not particularly flawed for Man to then decide what was of the spirit and what was not?

At the end of the day you would agree with me that it is impossible to get all Christendom, to agree in total what the various messages in the bible is trying to say. The many contradictions we find in commands and in time were maybe because this book was not really supposed to be together in the first place.

When we try to put what is to what is not, that is what you would get. Christianity has never being about any religion. if it were, Jesus would have told us so, that He came to setup a religion. But that is far from the truth. Jesus never came to setup any religion. And the apostles never did setup a religion. What we have today is man made religion and like everything man made, it's not without its flaws and shortcomings.
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:07am On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris:

When we try to put what is to what is not, that is what you would get. Christianity has never being about any religion. if it were, Jesus would have told us so, that He came to setup a religion. But that is far from the truth. Jesus never came to setup any religion. And the apostles never did setup a religion. What we have today is man made religion and like everything man made, it's not without its flaws and shortcomings.
Question then:

Is the Bible Man Made?
Does it have its flaws and shortcomings?
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Alishachris: 2:09am On Aug 03, 2014
Chrisbenogor:
Question then:

Is the Bible Man Made?
Does it have its flaws and shortcomings?

the bible is not man-made. The bible is a recording of God's words and promises to his people. It came from above the same way rain came from above.
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:12am On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris:

the bible is not man-made. The bible is a recording of God's words and promises to his people. It came from above the same way rain came from above.
Did God record down the books him self and send it as rain. Or did man write it?
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by VantagePoint: 2:14am On Aug 03, 2014
Chrisbenogor: One thing that befuddles me generally is the level of reverence and infallibility that this book garners. I often wonder why Christians could not question first of all the authenticity of a text, why they would not be bothered to know the circumstances and the reasons around which the text was written.

I think your dilemma starts from the fact that seeing as it is supposed to be some manual when you see the heinous and hideous things in some parts you begin to wonder if it is of God. Like where does the conviction come from that the book is the total undiluted thoughts of God. Now some parts of it pose stories that can be traced historically, how much of it matches with the actual facts? You hear people say things like oh Moses wrote this and that.....Shocking.

WHY HAVE HOLY OR INSPIRED TEXTS STOPPED BEING WRITTEN? IF THEY ARE STILL BEING WRITTEN DO YOU THINK THERE IS ANY WORTH TO BE PUT IN THE BIBLE TODAY?

Disagree with me all you want but if there was to be a new version of bible, call it the jet age testament. Where you have the letter of Adeboye to the Lagosians, or the Letters of Daddy Oleyedepo on tithe payment, Combined with the book of TB joshua, 1st 2nd and 3rd Chris Oyaks I am sure that version even if it manages by phee dee phee stroke of luck to pass in Nigeria.........the slavereligious masters that be will not even allow it.

So what made Joshua, daniel, Isiah and co better than the legend himself PASTOR GBEJERO or SAINT DIKEJI MIMIYERIJESU - BISHOP OF THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!

WORD!
In addition, people quote and interprete the Bible to their own convenience and even offer explanations for knotty issues as if they were authorities on them!
It is not uncommon to hear a Christian take a passage of the Bible in isolation and attempt to use it to explain some question, forgetting the context in which thst passage was written.
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Alishachris: 2:15am On Aug 03, 2014
Chrisbenogor:
Did God record down the books him self and send it as rain. Or did man write it?

God told the man what to write. God spoke through the man. The same way Christ entered a man's body so he can die for sins of men. For men to be able to understand God, God has to speak to them in ways and mediums they can understand. cool peace.
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:18am On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris:

God told the man what to write. God spoke through the man. The same way Christ entered a man's body so he can die for sins of men. For men to be able to understand God, God has to speak to them in ways and mediums they can understand. cool peace.
How did you come to the conclusion that it was God speaking to them? Many people claimed God spoke to them, wrote their own books which were deemed heretical by some men. So can you educate us what mechanisms were used to ascertain those that God spoke through man and those that were not?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris:

Doctrines are man made. I do not follow doctrines. Christianity is a personal relationship with God, your father. Does any one has one way of relating with his earthly father? How much more your Heavenly father. Remember, Jesus came to bring us closer to the father so we can take all our problems and doubts to him and not to our fellow humans. Because man's wisdom is foolishness in the sight of God. Peace. cool

You are missing the point. The bible is not inerrant and does indeed contain contradictions and errors which have resulted in many myths being preached such as eternal torment, trinity etc.

Being dogmatic in the face of glaring evidence is what puts off a host of intelligent people from coming to a knowledge of the truth.

You can keep yours personal but there are many out there seeking for the truth. How do you tackle the bible contradictions with these truth seekers and new believers , or do you just tell them to believe by faith ?

This article may help you.

https://www.nairaland.com/1839178/problems-biblical-inerrancy#25153420
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Alishachris: 2:22am On Aug 03, 2014
Chrisbenogor:
How did you come to the conclusion that it was God speaking to them? Many people claimed God spoke to them, wrote their own books which were deemed heretical by some men. So can you educate us what mechanisms were used to ascertain those that God spoke through man and those that were not?

First i have to ask, are you a christian? in case you do not know, we christian BELIEVE that the bible is the Word of God, inspired by God and not adulterated. You see, it's all about believes and faith bro. Not religion. cool Peace.
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:27am On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

You are missing the point. The bible is not inerrant and does indeed contain contradictions and errors which have resulted in many myths being preached such as eternal torment, trinity etc.

Being dogmatic in the face of glaring evidence is what puts off a host of intelligent people from coming to a knowledge of the truth.

You can keep yours personal but there are many out there seeking for the truth. How do you tackle the bible contradictions with these truth seekers and new believers , or do you just tell them to believe by faith ?

grin grin grin theres your answer.

Alishachris:
First i have to ask, are you a christian? in case you do not know, we christian BELIEVE that the bible is the Word of God, inspired by God and not adulterated. You see, it's all about believes and faith bro. Not religion. cool Peace.
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Alishachris: 2:27am On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

Then tell them the truth as it is in the bible. Tell the the GOOD NEWS! That Jesus came and died for their sins. So now they are FREE and not to be condemned any longer. Get them to profess Christ as their personal Lord and savior. If possible, get them baptized and pray for them so that the Holy spirit can descend on them. Then Give them a bible and allow the spirit to do the rest. As long as they study with an open and unbiased mind, the truth would be revealed to them. No matter how much we differ in our man made enclaves called religion, at least we all believe the GOOD NEWS!
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Nobody: 2:37am On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris:

Then tell them the truth as it is in the bible. Tell the the GOOD NEWS! That Jesus came and died for their sins. So now they are FREE and not to be condemned any longer. Get them to profess Christ as their personal Lord and savior. If possible, get them baptized and pray for them so that the Holy spirit can descend on them. Then Give them a bible and allow the spirit to do the rest. As long as they study with an open and unbiased mind, the truth would be revealed to them. No matter how much we differ in our man made enclaves called religion, at least we all believe the GOOD NEWS!

What is the truth ? Is it the rccg truth , or the catholic truth, or the mountain of fire truth, or the deeper life truth, or the Methodist truth, which one Sir ?

There are clearly issues with your gospel above ;

1. Suppose these new converts find contradictions in the truth, how do you explain this to them ?
2. If all we need to do is give them bibles to get on with it, why do we need teachers in the church ?
3. Your version of the good news is at odds with the gospel Jesus preached. In fact Jesus preached the good news even before his death , burial and resurrection. What do you understand by the good news ?
4. How do you explain to new converts that God will roast them in an eternal furnace for billions and billions of years simply for making one small mistake.
5. How do you explain to Muslims that God is 3 people yet still one person ?

You see brother, it is this dogmatic and arrogant adherence to untenable doctrinal positions that pushes people away from the truth.

On a Warmer note, I do agree that a diligent seeker will indeed find God if and when he/she seeks for him in humility, reasoning, wisdom and an element of logical faith.
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Goshen360(m): 2:39am On Aug 03, 2014
@ oluwamitomisin,

1. The questioning of this statement are:

a - If Christ actually came to fulfill the law, why do we still need to keep it?

b - How do we actually understand what is said? that is, what is meant by "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets" vs "I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil" because, this statement seem like a contradiction to some practices Jesus violated certain laws of Moses. However, we can also question or get answers to why violations to those certain laws is no sin by Christ because there's no law stating any regulations concerning those areas. E.g: The law said people like the woman caught in adultery should be stoned to death. The law only made provision to those who're caught in adultery but didn't say nothing about anyone who forgives one caught in adultery. Therefore, he didn't allowed the woman to be stoned, violating that law of who's caught in adultery but the law concerning whoever let go who's caught in adultery, there's nothing said on that so we can't press charges on where a law is absent.

2. The investigation leading to understanding on what was said in context is:

a - The bible is not first written in KJV but originally in Hebrew and Greek
b - We should investigate the words used and their meanings vs what is said.
c. Misunderstanding comes from reading into text rather than seeking meanings in context to get understand plus the questioning.
d - I always use the Greek and Hebrew word meanings and key them back into the context, plus the questionings and reasoning with the Holy Spirit to learn the truth.

So, let's see how we can put all these together.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by AdeniyiA(m): 2:43am On Aug 03, 2014
Examining or questioning the Bible using human knowledge or understanding only further aggravate our non spirituality nd makes us manipulatable by d devil.
Some are confused because their brains tell them that some Bible passages are contradictory. Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Most passages of the Bible are written in/wt proverbs,such that the spiritual interpretation of one verse could give you a 500page book...
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by deflover(m): 2:43am On Aug 03, 2014
sarutobie:
^this here answers the op..apostle paul encouraged us to study the scriptures to see if the things being said were true..the bible encourages us to seek the truth in all things (including the scriptures).."for ye shall know the truth, and it shall set you free"

the bible says ye shall knwo the truth and it shall make you free...
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Alishachris: 2:46am On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

What is the truth ? Is it the rccg truth , or the catholic truth, or the mountain of fire truth, or the deeper life truth, or the Methodist truth, which one Sir ?

There are clearly issues with your gospel above ;

1. Suppose these new converts find contradictions in the truth, how do you explain this to them ?
2. If all we need to do is give them bibles to get on with it, why do we need teachers in the church ?
3. Your version of the good news is at odds with the gospel Jesus preached. In fact Jesus preached the good news even before his death , burial and resurrection. What do you understand by the good news ?
4. How do you explain to new converts that God will roast them in an eternal furnace for billions and billions of years simply for making one small mistake.
5. How do you explain to Muslims that God is 3 people yet still one person ?

You see brother, it is this dogmatic and arrogant adherence to untenable doctrinal positions that pushes people away from the truth.

On a Warmer note, I do agree that a diligent seeker will indeed find God if and when he/she seeks for him in humility, reasoning, wisdom and an element of logical faith.

Jesus preached the good news at it would be. That the son of man would come and die so that man can be set free. But the Good News was not complete until Jesus died. You don't explain all those doctrines to the new convert, Just tell them the Good News and get them baptized as the apostles did. We need teachers to explain to us things we cannot understand in our search for truth. But the best teacher is God and His spirit. the problem is, most people are to doubtful and unbelieving to actually hear the voice of God. You had to ask you self, who taught the apostles, most of them scholars and highly literate men, all the things they knew about God? Fros bro, God works in mysterious ways. He that seeks shall find, if he seek with a sincere heart.
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Goshen360(m): 2:54am On Aug 03, 2014
AdeniyiA: Examining or questioning the Bible using human knowledge or understanding only further aggravate our non spirituality nd makes us manipulatable by d devil.
Some are confused because their brains tell them that some Bible passages are contradictory. Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Most passages of the Bible are written in/wt proverbs,such that the spiritual interpretation of one verse could give you a 500page book...

1. What does it mean to be spiritual or give spiritual interpretation?
2. What does it mean to be spiritually minded vs carnally minded?
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by AdeniyiA(m): 3:13am On Aug 03, 2014
Goshen360:

1. What does it mean to be spiritual or give spiritual interpretation?
2. What does it mean to be spiritually minded vs carnally minded?
Having spiritual insights nd divine revelations. Not to be controlled by flesh or feelings. Not to wholly depend on our own interpretations of the Bible knowing that they have or there are limitations.
Knowing that the spiritual controls the physical, that whatever happens in the physical is a manifestation of wat had already taken place in the spirit.
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Goshen360(m): 3:33am On Aug 03, 2014
@ oluwamitomisin,

King James Bible
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

The key words here are:

Destroy & Fulfill

1. The word "destroy" is the Greek word, katalyō and it only means one thing but used in many ways. From the Greek concordance, it means, to dissolve, disunite, from here: http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G2647&t=KJV and used in the following ways:

what has been joined together), to destroy, demolish

metaph. to overthrow i.e. render vain, deprive of success, bring to naught

to subvert, overthrow

of institutions, forms of government, laws, etc., to deprive of force, annul, abrogate, discard

of travellers, to halt on a journey, to put up, lodge (the figurative expression originating in the circumstance that, to put up for the night, the straps and packs of the beasts of burden are unbound and taken off; or, more correctly from the fact that the traveller's garments, tied up when he is on the journey, are unloosed at it end)

2. The word fulfill is the Greek word plēroō and it means:

to make full, to fill up, i.e. to fill to the full

to cause to abound, to furnish or supply liberally

I abound, I am liberally supplied

to render full, i.e. to complete

to fill to the top: so that nothing shall be wanting to full measure, fill to the brim

to consummate: a number

to make complete in every particular, to render perfect

to carry through to the end, to accomplish, carry out, (some undertaking)

to carry into effect, bring to realisation, realise

of matters of duty: to perform, execute

of sayings, promises, prophecies, to bring to pass, ratify, accomplish

to fulfil, i.e. to cause God's will (as made known in the law) to be obeyed as it should be, and God's promises (given through the prophets) to receive fulfilment

... from here, bible concordance of the Greek word: http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G4137&t=KJV

Investigating this word means, certain things IN THE LAW AND PROPHETS were said or written about Christ THAT HE CAME TO FULFILL....to bring to pass. When this fulfillment is done, the purpose of the law and the prophet is then complete because that's the purpose for which Christ said he came.

So what that text is saying is,

King James Bible
Think not that I am come to destroy to dissolve, disunite the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy to dissolve, disunite, but to fulfill to bring to pass, ratify, accomplish, to make complete in every particular, to render perfect, to carry through to the end, to accomplish, carry out, (some undertaking), to carry into effect, bring to realisation, realise, of matters of duty: to perform, execute.

To further the investigation, that certain things in the law (of Moses) and the prophets were said about him that he came to fulfill, Christ himself made this statement:

King James Bible
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

That verse is not saying Christ came to extend the law keeping to Christians neither is it promoting continuous keeping of the law of Moses. His acts, death, burial and resurrection is the means to fulfilling WHAT THE LAW AND PROPHETS SAID CONCERNING HIM which fulfilled. When such is done, the purpose of the law and prophets is complete and ended because it is already fulfilled.

So what then do we have after his death, burial and resurrection?

New Living Translation
For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God.

English Standard Version
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

New American Standard Bible
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

King James Bible
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Reasoning with the Holy Spirit:

With the law, there're a debt and when such debt is paid by Christ, do we still owe any debt to the law of Moses?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Goshen360(m): 3:34am On Aug 03, 2014
AdeniyiA:
Having spiritual insights nd divine revelations. Not to be controlled by flesh or feelings. Not to wholly depend on our own interpretations of the Bible knowing that they have or there are limitations.
Knowing that the spiritual controls the physical, that whatever happens in the physical is a manifestation of wat had already taken place in the spirit.

How did you arrive at those meanings or interpretations please?
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by AdeniyiA(m): 3:50am On Aug 03, 2014
Goshen360:

How did you arrive at those meanings or interpretations please?
i think the question should be "what should i do nd how should i do it"?
as for the "how d meanings nd interpretations are arrived at", it's beyond the comprehension of mortal man, God's ways are not our ways, likewise His thoughts. All we needed to do is to trust nd obey
Re: Is It A Sin To Question The Bible ? by Nobody: 4:25am On Aug 03, 2014
I don't know why some part of the so called holy book will be contradictory. I have never gotten any contradiction from the holy quran.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo A Freemason Or The Architect Who Constructed Most Of His Church / My Idea On Who Created God / Brother Ubani Divine Revelation Of Hell....times Is Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.