Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,565 members, 7,770,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:58 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1793655 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (268) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by CharlieMaria(m): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
Noted.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kossyne(m): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
Duly noted

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
Noted...
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Adenugay(m): 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
Noted...

Father Beats Son To Death With Stick...Watch video here >>> http://www..com/watch-video-father-beats-son-death-stick/

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
its a pity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by olumzzz(m): 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
portable86: Never heard of anyone smart falling for such cheap scams,you can always dictate them
I think u meant "DETECT"

10 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissIndependent: Those scam messages are very easy to spot especially the ones with grammatical error or silly phone numbers to call. I've gotten some text messages from Ryt telecom, Oneal welness and M.R.C. Immediately i get such messages, i delete them because no time to check time. cool

By the way, all those you are invited for a chat looks funny to me...chat kor, face to face talk ni. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hmmmm, you again?

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ibitomisi: 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nduxzy: Most times these scammers also send you a message just a day to the supposed "job briefing","Interview/test so that you won't have enough time to think or ask questions!
my alert don't fail me.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by redcliff: 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
deen2us: Good morning mates, I went to one like that and they wasted all my time just to inform that they are into druG. The most annoying thing is that the guy gave us his pics to be looking at that its the company that sent him and his wife abroad after a year that he joined the organization. He said is after we filled the form, we can asked questions. It was a very awkward moment for me cos I was very annoyed.

Lmao. Is going abroad now an achievement? Most people living abroad are worse than their peers in nigeria.. they just coverup with the fancy clothes.. all is not well!

13 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MissIndependent(f): 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
RedBenson:

Hmmmm, you again?
Wetin i do?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by akpanikpe(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
I lways felt for people who dont have job/seeking, May God almighty help to fine one soon , a good one too.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by omoredia: 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
work with

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissIndependent: Wetin i do?

U dey ask me wetin u do? Why u chop my money run? Lol.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
ojsmscom: Grab the past sss job interview questions and answers call 08154834309
hmn.owo meji fun eeyan kan!!!!!!!!!!!SCAM ALERT

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
omoredia: work with
Ao ti ko ifa nile.............ifa ti n se..ole...
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by smudge2079(m): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
Too blessed to be scammed
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by micfoley: 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
Its a pity that people can stoop so low as to dupe innocent job seekers. The number of these agencies increases everyday. Some of them promise overseas scholarships and job placements

5 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Danhumprey: 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
LaurelP:

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!
At bolded,so that's the truth?shockedshockedshocked

Thank God I haven't fall prey to those scam! I have recieved two of such job flyers on two different occasion from different people,each offering different range of jobs with mouth-watering salaries. When I got those flyers,I suspected they were fake,but out of curiousity,I kept the flyers in my wallet,hoping to contact them when I have chance. Now,I know better. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MissIndependent(f): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
RedBenson:

U dey ask me wetin u do? Why u chop my money run? Lol.
You are not serious. You get money wey person dey chop? angry

4 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by iaatmguy(m): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
Health stream alliance ,
Medpro global resources,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Rapmoney(m): 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
New Nation should be a well-known scam company to many people right now. I wonder why a genuine business organisation would be requesting for 22 tall beautiful girls from Delta State. Funny enough, modelling is not among their businesses. A firm that conducted a 5 min interview and declared all applicants as successful and asked them to pay money! Dukwe should rot in Hell! grin

11 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Simplefaithy(m): 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
LaurelP: I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!
. I totally agrees wit u on dat number 6. Dey wil neva give u detail abt d company.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Francon(f): 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
I remember just after my service year... i was desperately in need for any kind of job irrespective of the location or salary range. In fact anything that will keep me away from home.... I saw one poster in my area stating various dept and salary range. i called the number and i was asked to come to their office which i did. i was given diff forms to fill and was asked to submit with an i.d card, guarantor's address&phone number and a sum of N2000. Thank God i forged the guarantor's form cos my cousin told me that no company will ask for guarantor's form when they haven't given you an OFFER LETTER.... Up till date i still dey wait to hear from those people.

The second one i encountered was: my brother came across some people distributing fliers for a cosmetic shop in need of staff.... so he forwarded their number and address to me and asked me to follow up. So i got in contact with them and asked how i could locate their office... They gave me a direction and told me when i get to somewhere in Ikeja. i should call them that a staff will come and pick me up.. when i told my oldest bro, he said it was a scam dat i shouldnt go anywhere.. i got angry i felt he loved the way i stayed in d house. To cut the story short, he called those people and d gave a wrong info too.

The third one was a message i got saying i should come for an interview at oshodi for the position of customer service. I felt it was one of those jobs i applied for. when i called the number they provided, i was asked to come on sunday so i told them i was a christian and im a worker in my church so the man told me to join the batch c writing on monday which i accepted. at first i was told the location was at OBALENDE around 8am. Immediately after my morning prayers with my family, i dressed in my suit and was heading towards the location. when i got there, i called the man to asked for the location of their company and he said it was too early to call him. I waited till 7:30am and when he finally picked, he said i should enter a bus going to Oshodi dat i shud stop at charly boy's bus stop. So i did as he said. when i got there. i had to wait in someone's shop. so i started calling the number again and the guy told me obalende. i called with a different number and he said oshodi, i called with another number again and he said a diff location. After sometime, he told me that their staff bus will come and pick me and other candidates there. Finally, a number called me asking where i was and i told him. I noticed one gal sitting with me was also invited and we started talking. she told me she has worked with them before that they pay well..... She told me d office wasnt far that it was trek-able. I said OK. he started walking towards there. On getting to UAC office junction, i saw over a thousand people there waiting. D gal i was with made a call and within seconds, a young guy came to us and took us to d place... on our way i asked him the name of the company and he said why didnt i confirm from the people dat sent him. He wasnt well dressed dat monday morning. I asked him if it was GNLD and he said NO cos i over heard people saying dat at d junction. We passed the GNLD building. I didnt knw the guy was using d back gate. I finally saw a man dat greeted me, offered me a seat under the tree and started telling me abt his life's history and how he got in contact with them. He said his life has changed after networking and marketing with GNLD. he told me he has a house, car and all d good things of life. He was stilll talking when i got up and left. I got to the gate and met that young gal that brought me. She approached me and asked if i was interested? I told her i have an interview to attend by 2pm and she said if she can follow me dat she's also looking for looking for a good job. i started cursing her, d security men and all the staff of GNLD for wasting my time, energy and money. angry sad lipsrsealed undecided shocked

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by shadrach77: 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
omoredia: work with

See! This is one of the scamming companies being talked about. If you look well, you'll realise that the email address is "yahoo". No website. Pls don't fall for this scam ! shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by jobsat34(m): 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
some even go as far as cloning one fictitious name like that.. if the name of the company cant be Google, its a no for me..

some of the locations they use are
343, agege motor rd adenekan building challenge bus stop
203 old abeokuta motor rd opp oando filling station flavour plaza agege

and many more like that

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by OsoDupe(f): 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
Royalcon concept is one of such company,I went for their interview, I even checked their website before going o, so I was sure they are not scammers, when I got there, d woman spoke bla bla bla, partner with us with just 9k, and u will make millions(me wey never chop that day, wia I wan see 9k), I collected the form though, I never went back, some of d applicants said they will go back and pay.
A week later, an uncle gave me a flyer about a job vacancy, I was happy,
I called a number on one of the flyers and I was asked to come to their office at oshodi, d guy said I should come to NAFDAC office there in oshodi at exactly 8 'O' clock, with traffic and everything, I got there at exactly some minutes past eight, then I called d guy, he told I'm late for the interview and they've left for another office, I was directed to take a bus to another location(I mean what stupid company does that) when I got there, lo and behold, it was gnlg, I almost cried, I was like again,I wanted to go back but a girl who was a victim like me I met on d way persuaded me to go, I told d guys I've collected a form in one of their sister's company, he said he has never heard of royalcon concept,he asked if I know the meaning of con(he is attesting to the fact that they are scammers)I smiled and said yes, he showed me a magazine where there succesful ogas are, and I showed him the CEO of royalcon, he just dey look me, I endured the talks the guys were giving me telling me I will become millionaires as they have become(if u see these guys ehn, u will know they are rich indeed, one wore a torn shirt on faded trouser, d phone the other was holding was held together by rubber band) I was like if these guys got the money, it's not showing on them at all(sarcasm). I wasted my money, my time, I was so annoyed. Since then, any invite I get with no name of company, by the text msg they send, u shall know them(always so crude), I ignore, I don't even bother myself.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by DebohBaron(m): 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
I remember going for 3 interviews in one day and they were all about the fake drug marketing stuff.

I almost fainted.

I get like 3 SMSs from them every week.

5 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by eprynce(m): 1:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
@OP.....you forgot to add that the "job briefer" often look like he needs the job/pay more than you do

I twice had encounters with them and I lashed them to shame.

To escape their snare, you must maintain your calm & poise. Do away with desperation in your hunt for a job and you will be able to see all the telltale signs. Good luck!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
It pained me that have fallen in their hands once...the first guy came,talk and talk said this and that,such and such...the 2nd guy which happen to b d boss,wore one squeezed suit that i cnt wear on a normal day,..he was sweatng profusely without handkerchief,as he was talking,saliva was dropping 4rm his mouth...what got me angry and frustrated was his constant use of slangs ...'omo if i train u,o rie ma pe'...i kinda ask in my hrt...who wil he train?...he was constantly hitting a guy that sat close to me by the shoulder....i startd sweating when the man formally introduced the firm to us,what they are into,and the amount we need to pay to get startd(8500),at the very late hour...at this point,every body was frustratd,a guy even had to leave admist d talk,..i cnt do anytin but laugh the man to scorn...it reachd a point where the man said,'those that have the complete 8.5k or half shld stand up',nobody stood up,and he politely askd hw much have we got,two people stood up for #500 each...bad markt...at the end they had to give us form to fill for free and told us they'll get back to us.such no go do me again

13 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by hustla(m): 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
portable86: Never heard of anyone smart falling for such cheap scams,you can always dictate them

see smart person wey no fit spell detect

smh

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissIndependent: You are not serious. You get money wey person dey chop? angry

So na wetin u go answer me be that? Ontop my money wey u chop run?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by mrrock: 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
@All.
Be careful of people speaking against this innocuous topic. For your information most of the fake mails you receive are being sent by Nairalanders, and some of them have descended on this thread to defend their trade. Beware!.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (268) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.