Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,010 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1804047 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by walesalak(m): 4:09pm On Apr 26, 2018
Good Day Ppl, someone got an invite for d above position.

12:29 AM (15 hours ago)

to hr

Dear Sir/Ma,

We are pleased to inform you that you are short-listed for the position of Field Sales Representative in Account Manager Nigeria.

Hence, you are invited for an Interview as follows:

Date: Friday, April 27, 2018
Time: 12pm prompt.
Venue: 2 Oyefesor Avenue, Savoil Bus stop, Obanikoro, Lagos.

Successful applicants from Interview stage will be required to wait for the final stage of the screening. Come along with copies of credentials, passport photograph, and utility bill.

Kindly confirm attendance to this invite on or before 3pm Thursday, April 26, 2018.

Lagos residence only

Warm Regards

Could this be GNLD Scammers?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by uckennety(m): 4:23pm On Apr 27, 2018
Please is this GNLD

Your Application to Careerhost as been received.

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to attend an interview section with the Head of Human resource(HR) at Managment Resource consulting firm that also offer Entrepreneurial services.

Time: 10:00am Prompt

Venue: Plot 5, voda paint plc,university press house,off Adeniyi jones, ogba road.lagos.

Date: Monday 30th, April 2018.

Note : come along with an updated copy of your CV and be puntual as lateness will not be tolerated inside.

Regards,
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by uckennety(m): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
Who knows global human resources Nigeria in ikeja
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by BossOlowo: 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2018
JOB OPPORTUNITY AT INVSHARE NIG LTD

JOB TITLE : Procurement officer (3 positions)
JOB DESCRIPTION :Customer relation, negotiation, record keeping and purchase

JOB TITLE : Auditor (2 positions )
JOB DESCRIPTION : record correlation and auditing

QUALIFICATIONS
Bsc/Hnd

REQUIREMENTS
age = 18 - 26
Grade = upper credit
Working experience = Not required (you will be trained)

JOB DESCRIPTION
ICT / Computer

Preferably, leaving around Ikotun/Egbeda Area.

APPLY: invshare01@gmail.com
+2348027370919

Valid till 10th May
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by shypo(m): 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
uckennety:
Please is this GNLD

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to attend an interview section with the Head of Human resource(HR) at Managment Resource consulting firm that also offer Entrepreneurial services.

Venue: Plot 5, voda paint plc,university press house,off Adeniyi jones, ogba road.lagos.

Note : come along with an updated copy of your CV and be puntual as lateness will not be tolerated inside.

Regards,
Received same msg but don't knw how real is it.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by uckennety(m): 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
shypo:

Received same msg but don't knw how real is it.

I didnt apply to.them

Global resources.com doesn't exist so..... I'll ignore
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ubahtraco: 6:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
please someone should confirm this for me

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Maxzuel(m): 6:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
Pls how real is this? I just got this mail.

CONGRATULATIONS AFTER CV REVIEW,
We were impressed by your background and you have been recommended for a JOB BRIEFING with the MANAGEMENT OF LIVE SOLUTION which has been scheduled for MONDAY 30TH April 2018 , the interview will start exactly 9:15AM

VENUE; 3RD floor,CROWNET PLAZA IDRIS GIGADO STRT WUYE ABUJA ( just after FAMILY WORSHIP)

Prior to the interview we will be contacting your references as given on your application form. If you have stated that you do not wish us to contact your current employer, this reference will not be taken up unless you are successful with the interview
WE look forward to meeting you.

REGARDS

HR 001 abuja unit

for more background knowledge info logon to http://www.livesolution.com.ng/
for proper documentation and easy assess printout this mail as evidence
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Emekuz(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2018
Please, help confirm if this interview invitation is real or scam... Thanks!

Dear ADEBAYO , KAYODE
Following the consideration of an online recommendation, after much evaluation of your profile, we were impressed with your qualification and skills which makes you one of the prospective candidates.We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected and invited for an Interview/Assessment at BOSS GROUP GLOBAL MULTI-SERVICE on Tuesday 1st May,2018 by 8:30am prompt.
BOSS GROUP GLOBAL MULTI-SERVICE is a fast-growing business strategy and human capacity development outfit dedicated to providing innovative business solution to her teeming clients,assists clients in creating and managing strategic relationships and alliances with other organisations,including startups to multinational companies, research institutions,and government agencies.As a result, they are able to leverage on external expertise,technology,and intellectual properly to expand their products,service,functionality .
Come with a copy of your CV,photocopies of your credentials and this mail for clarification issues and for security purposes.
However it is important you confirm receipt and your availability replying this email.
For further inquiries,please call the secretary on 08155575732
MANAGEMENT/HR
Dr. BRIGGS
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Emekuz(m): 10:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
Emekuz:
Dear ADEBAYO , KAYODE
Following the consideration of an online recommendation, after much evaluation of your profile, we were impressed with your qualification and skills which makes you one of the prospective candidates.We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected and invited for an Interview/Assessment at BOSS GROUP GLOBAL MULTI-SERVICE on Tuesday 1st May,2018 by 8:30am prompt.
BOSS GROUP GLOBAL MULTI-SERVICE is a fast-growing business strategy and human capacity development outfit dedicated to providing innovative business solution to her teeming clients,assists clients in creating and managing strategic relationships and alliances with other organisations,including startups to multinational companies, research institutions,and government agencies.As a result, they are able to leverage on external expertise,technology,and intellectual properly to expand their products,service,functionality .
Come with a copy of your CV,photocopies of your credentials and this mail for clarification issues and for security purposes.
However it is important you confirm receipt and your availability replying this email.
For further inquiries,please call the secretary on 08155575732
MANAGEMENT/HR
Dr. BRIGGS
Please could this be a scam interview invitation... please I need an urgent response. Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by vanb26(m): 3:17am On Apr 30, 2018
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by xyluz: 8:18am On Apr 30, 2018
I will not be posting interview invite verification link here anymore, but, if you do want to check the authenticity of an invite, you can visit: isthisarealjob.com. Search by company name, address, or any other keyword such as part of the company name.

smiley
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sirkhunley: 9:52am On Apr 30, 2018
Dear Applicant, based on your application you have be been shortlisted for an interview, scheduled for Tuesday 1st of May 2018, by 9am prompt, at 3rd Floor, Euni Brown House, 195, Ikorodu Road Palmgroove, Lagos State.
APPLICANT CODE: OL093
HOTLINE: +23481-0429-9787

Please verify if it's real
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Odunmar(m): 2:27pm On Apr 30, 2018
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

I just received this one today and I really want to know if is part of the scammers message.

Base on referral,you've been considered for interview by GMIS on Tue 1/5/18 by 9am at 3rd floor, 8 Thomas Salako Street, off Ogba B/stop, Ogba Ikeja Lagos
HR3
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Odunmar(m): 2:33pm On Apr 30, 2018
Please i received this message early hour of today could it be one of this scammers

Base on referral,you've been considered for interview by GMIS on Tue 1/5/18 by 9am at 3rd floor, 8 Thomas Salako Street, off Ogba B/stop, Ogba Ikeja Lagos
HR3
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dorabliss: 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
Jakeattah:
MEDPRO just sent another of their many invites.... The number one GNLD

.... But they can't see me
wat about GMIS
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dorabliss: 2:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
Odunmar:
Please i received this message early hour of today could it be one of this scammers

HR3
me too o
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dorabliss: 2:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
Dorabliss:
me too o
but did u apply?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Euopal(m): 10:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2018 Application is Out | CDFIPB | Apply Now-https://www.gistmate.com.ng/nigerian-prisons-service-recruitment-2018-2019/
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Euopal(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2018
People have been asking me questions on the starting dates, how to apply and requirements for most recruitment opportunities in Nigeria. I took out time to update information on these questions and below, you will find the links to most recruitment opportunities in Nigeria. I tried to give precise answers to the FAQ related to each recruitment. Feel free to comment in the comment box of the web pages which you need more clarifications on. We also send constant updates to our subscribers, so you can subscribe to the site for more updates.
https://www.gistmate.com.ng/shell-employment-2018-2019-apply-now/
https://www.gistmate.com.ng/nnpc-recruitment-2018-2019/
https://www.gistmate.com.ng/nafdac-recruitment-2018-2019-apply-now/
https://www.gistmate.com.ng/nigerian-civil-aviation-authority-recruitment-ncaa-job-2018-2019/
https://www.gistmate.com.ng/2018-2019-nigerian-navy-recruitment-shortlisted-candidates-pdf-list/
https://www.gistmate.com.ng/npower-2018-full-list-of-shortlisted-candidates/
https://www.gistmate.com.ng/2018-2019-nigerian-airforce-recruitment/
https://www.gistmate.com.ng/npower-finally-releases-list-2017-2018/
https://www.gistmate.com.ng/the-headies-2018-2019-nominees-winners/
https://www.gistmate.com.ng/2018-2019-commonwealth-scholarship-distance-learning/
and others.

Thank you.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by daceo1(m): 10:09pm On May 01, 2018
Good day.Sequel to your registration onwww.icsjobportal.com, you are being considered for the role of Customer Service Executive.Please follow the instructions below:· Log on totest.smarthire.organd input the username and password sent to your mailbox.· Complete the online test· Kindly report to ICS Limited, 6 Olusoji Idowu street off association avenue, by Obanikoro bus stop Ilupeju by 8am.Date is Wednesday 2/5/18· Come along with all your original credentials, 1 passport photograph and your updated CV.Please note that you must complete the test before you report to ICS Limited on Wednesday.

how real is this ?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sunnywee(m): 7:24am On May 02, 2018
daceo1:
Good day.Sequel to your registration onwww.icsjobportal.com, you are being considered for the role of Customer Service Executive.Please follow the instructions below:· Log on totest.smarthire.organd input the username and password sent to your mailbox.· Complete the online test· Kindly report to ICS Limited, 6 Olusoji Idowu street off association avenue, by Obanikoro bus stop Ilupeju by 8am.Date is Wednesday 2/5/18· Come along with all your original credentials, 1 passport photograph and your updated CV.Please note that you must complete the test before you report to ICS Limited on Wednesday.

how real is this ?

Kindly attend. It is real
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by daybour2002: 4:15pm On May 02, 2018
After careful perusal of your CV,You have been invited for an interview with GMIS. 3rd floor, 8 Thomas Salako Str,Ogba Lagos.Thur 3/5/2018 by 9am.090-3194-5939

Please how real is these
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by omeiza49ja: 7:18pm On May 02, 2018
You have been selected for an interview with the GM in our office;8,Adebare Street,B&Q Building,Ogudu Bustop,Lagos on THURS 3RD May,2018 by 9AM PROMPT.

Fellow nairalanders please how legit is this?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by daceo1(m): 1:13am On May 03, 2018
sunnywee:

Kindly attend. It is real
okay thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by idowunig: 12:31pm On May 03, 2018
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Jakeattah(m): 1:51pm On May 03, 2018
Dorabliss:
wat about GMIS
I've never heard about em... Are they GNLD?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by exgray(m): 7:57pm On May 04, 2018
uckennety:
Please is this GNLD

Regards,

Hello, I got same mail from them today, inviting me for interview on Monday... I will like to know if you attended the interview and if they are real.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by SRK1(m): 8:40pm On May 04, 2018
Get a chance to work on a MAMMOTH ghostwriting project that offers a GOOD pay!

We are a ghostwriting firm looking for a writer who will win the chance to work on one of our mammoth contracts of the month so far. The project is a ghostwriting of a powerful ebook of about 50,000 word count.

We are looking for an exceptional writer who's capable of writing a lengthy, engaging novel. Someone who has written a full-fledged novel before because some story writing will be involved in this book. In fact, we believe this prerequisite is key in helping us to choose the right person.

We wouldn't like to throw out the budget of this project into the public, but it's a really attractive rate for the right writer. Please apply with your work samples.

You may look out for:
~Payments will be made at milestones
~Trusted ghostwriting agency
~Opportunity to earn a cool passive income
~Opt out anytime
~Friendly agency

Contact at:

mavenwriter02@gmail.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by morichy(m): 11:24pm On May 04, 2018
omeiza49ja:
You have been selected for an interview with the GM in our office;8,Adebare Street,B&Q Building,Ogudu Bustop,Lagos on THURS 3RD May,2018 by 9AM PROMPT.

Fellow nairalanders please how legit is this?
got the same invite...

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.