Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,301 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:02 PM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1796755 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (268) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by simonolowo(m): 2:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
Please who knows dis company, MRC limited just got an invite sms 4 interview with dem. Any1 with useful in4 abt dem
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
MPG Consult invites u for a job test/briefing by 9am on Wed 11/3/15 @ 161 Ikorodu Rd,Beside Lanre Shittu motors,Onipanu B/stop.Lagos.09098077757 REF NO HR/12/UC

beware of them ooooo. thievessss oooo
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by leeraz: 9:53am On Mar 14, 2015
AutoCAD Civil 3D Training in Abuja
Civil engineering design software Training
AutoCAD® Civil 3D® civil engineering design software is a civil design and documentation solution that supports Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows. Use AutoCAD Civil 3D, to better understand project performance, maintain more consistent data and processes, and respond faster to change. Organize your work with Vault Professional in the Civil 3D design environment. Civil Engineering:AutoCAD Civil 3D is the new software by Autodesk, which provides an ideal solution for civil engineers involved in Building Information Modeling (BIM). With the help of Civil 3D, project visualization, analysis and designing of roads and infrastructures becomes quite easy. The package includes tools for 3D visualization, storm-water analysis, takeoff on quantity and analysis of geospatial aspects. Civil engineers can can analyze various scenarios which have the potential to occur in future, so as to optimize the final outcome of any project...engineering is technical, get technical, become indispensable. call 08103173481 or 09099820504..
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ekechuks(m): 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
please guys help me reason out these two mails I got last week.. I think they're fraud.

UPN Maxscon Oil & Gas Company is a leading global resources company. We are among the world’s largest producers of major commodities, including petroleum, aluminum, coal, copper, iron ore, manganese, nickel, silver and uranium, and have substantial interests in oil and gas.  
We are now creating new career opportunities for both experienced and fresh graduates outside Canada.  We offer challenging job opportunities to the right people on our latest career and job opportunities. With a global portfolio of businesses and commodities, we are always seeking talented, skilled and enthusiastic people to join our team.  It is a diverse and challenging environment offering great career opportunities for people who share our values.

UPN Maxscon will be responsible for applicants Flight Ticket and also assist in securing successful applicants and directs on how to obtain work permit with visa through Canadian Immigration Home office and you must be reliable and trustworthy and also you must be law-abiding and adhere strictly to the Rules and regulations guiding the operations of the UPN Maxscon petroleum and mining Company., Interested candidates are to email their resume CV (Data), details of experience to UPN Maxscon petroleum Company contact via e-mail: oilandgas.company@aol.co.uk

Regards,
Senior Manager
Human Resources
UPN Maxscon petroleum & Mining Company Canada.

from UPN maxscon

AND

Exxon Mobil Corporation is the parent company of the Esso, Mobil and ExxonMobil companies in the US. We have an exciting range of diverse schemes and different roles available. We are commencing hiring for the 2015 graduate and undergraduate intake from now till the end of this year. Are you ready to help meet the energy needs of a growing world?
Are you a graduate, undergraduate? Do you hold a Masters or PhD? With ExxonMobil in the US you will have access to world-class training, state-of-the-art technology, a global network of highly talented colleagues and the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and expertise throughout your career.
Exxon Mobil Oil is a leading Seismic Company; provides
comprehensive worldwide reservoir imaging, monitoring, and development
services, with the most extensive seismic crews and data processing centers
in the industry, as well as the world's largest multi client seismic
library. ExxonMobi US a services range from 3D and time-lapse (4D) seismic
surveys to multicomponent surveys for delineating prospects and reservoir
management.

Jobs by Category
We are presently recruiting and employing personnel to fill vacant positions in these areas:

Administration Jobs all categories (452)
    Alternative Energy Jobs  all categories (482)
    Commercial Jobs  all categories (106)
    Design Jobs all categories  (349)
    Drilling Jobs  all categories (340)
    Engineering Jobs  all categories (4756)
    Environmental Jobs  all categories (60)
    Financial Jobs  all categories (214)
    Geosciences Jobs   all categories (338)
    Offshore jobs all categories (60)
    HR and Recruitment Jobs  all categories (361)
    HSE Jobs  all categories (145)
    Inspection Jobs all categories  (259)
    IT and communications Jobs  all categories (544)
    Legal Jobs  all categories  (179)
    Logistics Jobs  all categories  (141)
    Management Jobs  all categories   (1615)
    Marine Jobs  all categories  (606)
    Medical Jobs  all categories  (17)
    Oil and Gas Support Jobs  all categories (946)
    Oil and Gas Trades Jobs  all categories   (370)
    Other Jobs  all categories  (531)
    Procurement Jobs  all categories  (30)
    Production Jobs  all categories  (944)
    Sales and Marketing Jobs  all categories   (238)
    Scientific Jobs  all categories  (132)
    Technical Jobs  all categories  (771)
     Foreign language translator jobs all categories (358)

800 Bell Street
Houston, Texas 77002 USA
COMMENCEMENT DATE: 2014
Phone (001) 505 990 3568

EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and Contract
EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS:

Excellent Salary, Overtime Bonus, Health/life Insurance, Relocation
expenses, Educational assistance, Medical, Optical and Dental Care,
Family/Single housing accommodation, Official vehicle depending on employee
official status, access to some social and recreational
centers in the US.

Interested applicants or group of applicants should
send detailed resume and other backup documents along with an application
letter (Specifying position of interest)
via e-mail attachment in MS Word format to:  recruitmentexxonmobilcompany@aol.co.uk

Sincerely,
James Peterson
HR Manager

from mobilexxon

sounds fake to me cos
1. I didn't apply
2. big coys normally have their own domain name and the domain name for the two emails address are similar
3. there's currently downsizing of labour in the oil sector generally and all these positions listed in the 2nd mail got me thinking
4. How did they get my mail

need 2nd opinion pls
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by suzelle: 6:07pm On Mar 14, 2015
The Elite PushCV employee quest is ending soon. Register now at http:///191c7ce5 to be among the over 5000 that will be placed in multinational corporations in Nigeria and abroad.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kart042000(m): 11:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
There is a new scam out there from GeNS@gtbk.com, please be careful as it does not come from gtb.
Some 419 could call telling you they are in port harcourt or bayelsa and they know where you work etc. Just be careful
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Alopskid01: 12:20pm On Mar 17, 2015
Can anyone assist me with info about CRYSTAL WORLD,3 Oduyemi street beside ikeja LGA,they send me a message for interview/chat.
Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Shemmyglo(f): 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
Based on your application for the post of a Marketer, you are hereby invited for an interview on Wednesday, 18th of March at Chis Stores Limited, Branca Office. 48 Adetokunbo Ademola street, Victoria Island. 9am prompt.

Please come with hard copy of your cv.

Regards.
Afam Nwaokolo

Pls who knows anything about this company?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by babs1987: 10:40am On Mar 18, 2015
Has anyone heard of prospective concept limited in Lagos? Dey sent me a message to come for interview but I don't know if they are scam or all these stupid health talk. Pls help a brother
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by babs1987: 11:16am On Mar 18, 2015
Has anyone heard of prospective concept limited in Lagos? Are they scam or all these stupid health talk?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ruqoyah26(f): 11:18am On Mar 18, 2015
I got a message from ANABELGROUP.THE MESSAGE GOES THUS.;

THE NIGERIAN CONTENT DEVELOPMENT AND MONITORING BOARD, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE ANABEL GROUP WILL BE LAUNCHING THE YOUTH ENTREPRENEUSHIP STRATEGY FOR OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY ON 19 MARCH,2015 AT 8AM IN THE SHERATION HOTEL, ABUJA. THIS IS INITIATIVE DESIGNED TO PROVIDE DIRECT ACCESS TO THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY FOR MILLIONS OF NIGERIANS AS WELL AS EXPAND THE OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUR SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES. TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE/FOR MORR ENQUIRIES PLS EMAIL :events@anabelgroup.com or call 01 295 1505 or 01 295 1430. please who know anything about it?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Opejibola01(f): 7:59am On Mar 19, 2015
I got this message from BMS recruit. You are hereby invited for a written test interview on Frid 20/3/15 By 10 a.m @ Favor plaza,opp OANDO Filling Station,203 Old Abeokuta Rd,pencinema,Total-Agege. Do have any idea
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bintudon(f): 11:40am On Mar 19, 2015
Please I got and online test and interview by Arik petroleum company, is it real or scam? They just sent it today and the interview is today, please I need response
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bintudon(f): 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
And I was asked to go for an online training to get their oil and gas certificate, before getting the certificate you are to offer 21courses online and registering the 21courses will cost you 100# par sms, meaning you have to load 2100# on your phone and mtn number, is that not another way the scammers are using now, please reply.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by link2jude(m): 3:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
Please guys has anyone received a job invite from NEW ACE RSC located at 5 Yinusa Adeniji Street Ikeja? Are they genuine? Please advice.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kangol99(m): 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
Whatchout!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
@simon run for ur life.by lanre shittu motors abi?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Drklet: 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
Anyone heard of Golden Care Resource Nig Ltd?
I saw their advert, applied via sms and was invited for interview in Ibadan.
People came, test was written, the job was described, motivational talk was given and some people were shortlisted for further training.
There is a fee tagged for licence if one is selected ( no time limit for payment was given).

Has anyone any information about them? Have they held any interview in the recent time?

I want to confirm.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Speedaccess: 9:45am On Mar 23, 2015
pls, if you know any SSCE/OND holder that is very good in graphic design, pls let them call this number for immediate employment, salary is attractive. 08059379461
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by topmost4tech: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2015
for the most RELIABLE, INSTANT DELIVERY Bulk sms for your POLITICAL CAMPAIGN, KEEPING CLOSER TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, INFORMING YOUR STUDENTS OF AN EVENT etc.
REALFAST SMS SERVICES is the best option,
patronize us @ www.realfastsms.com and we promised you will have here the best bulk sms experience.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by amadex(m): 4:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
Dear Applicant, CV Processed!The HR invites for the next phase of Job Assessment on WED 25/3/15 by 9:30am @160,Herbert Macaulay Way,Adekunle B/Stop,Yaba, Lagos.....
Pls anybody with valuable information abt dis
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by fbtowner(m): 8:43am On Mar 24, 2015
hi guys please help me , i posted on a website that i am in search for a job and the following day a man called me and said he is calling from echo hotel and suite and asked if i would work as a receptionist which i agreed and he said the receptionist is needed urgently he asked few question about me which i told him and he said i should mail him my credentials and an application letter he also said i would be need to have a laptop a big one as he said that they will install there software for me which i will be using to work he also said there is accomodation and that if i dont want accomodation there is staff bus that can take me home he also said i would be paid allowance every 3 weeks he also mentioned that they would give me 2 uniforms and identity card and also that i would work 7am to 3pm mon to fri and he said i have the grace of 2days free within the week

guy my head don fly away i no even ask of salary and now he said i should send credentials to his mail which he sent me last night

now i am about going through the stress of scanning and all those stuffs now

my question is could this be a scam

i noticed he said accomodation of 2 bedroom flat it seems untrue

and him already talking about uniform identity card and all sort they sound untrue as well i think after sending him my cv the next thing will be i should pay for the uniform and identity card or so

or they collect my laptop requesting to install software for me which i will never see again

guys pls what do u think i need your candid advise
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 24, 2015
fbtowner:
hi guys please help me , i posted on a website that i am in search for a job and the following day a man called me and said he is calling from echo hotel and suite and asked if i would work as a receptionist which i agreed and he said the receptionist is needed urgently he asked few question about me which i told him and he said i should mail him my credentials and an application letter he also said i would be need to have a laptop a big one as he said that they will install there software for me which i will be using to work he also said there is accomodation and that if i dont want accomodation there is staff bus that can take me home he also said i would be paid allowance every 3 weeks he also mentioned that they would give me 2 uniforms and identity card and also that i would work 7am to 3pm mon to fri and he said i have the grace of 2days free within the week

guy my head don fly away i no even ask of salary and now he said i should send credentials to his mail which he sent me last night

now i am about going through the stress of scanning and all those stuffs now

my question is could this be a scam

i noticed he said accomodation of 2 bedroom flat it seems untrue

and him already talking about uniform identity card and all sort they sound untrue as well i think after sending him my cv the next thing will be i should pay for the uniform and identity card or so

or they collect my laptop requesting to install software for me which i will never see again

guys pls what do u think i need your candid advise
God blessings can come in disguise as well as the Devils own too. Scan ur docs and follow all d process he wnts u to follow, but never part with a single kobo or ur property. If the installation of software is necessary it shld be done in the eko hotel & suites in your vry presence.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Femolacaster(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
Drklet:
Anyone heard of Golden Care Resource Nig Ltd?
I saw their advert, applied via sms and was invited for interview in Ibadan.
People came, test was written, the job was described, motivational talk was given and some people were shortlisted for further training.
There is a fee tagged for licence if one is selected ( no time limit for payment was given).

Has anyone any information about them? Have they held any interview in the recent time?

I want to confirm.
They are into Gnld
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by adetunjisolo: 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2015
please guys let's be careful and cautious your life and well being is more important than any job I recently had a bad experience don't be fooled scammers are on nairaland too just like they are everywhere before u go for interview ask questions, I just escaped today so my friends it's true those ritualist exist and pray more God bless
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by fbtowner(m): 3:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
yungbeef:
God blessings can come in disguise as well as the Devils own too. Scan ur docs and follow all d process he wnts u to follow, but never part with a single kobo or ur property. If the installation of software is necessary it shld be done in the eko hotel & suites in your vry presence.

guys thanks for ur advice

the bastard is a scammer after i refused to send my cv giving him various excuse like i asked him who am i to address the application letter to and the bastard did not understand that english i just dropped the call off

few mins i got a call from another man, he called and said i should call him back i did and he said he is the one that will install the software which i will use to work as a receptionist in ecko hotel so i should send him the configuration of my laptop

i give excuses that my laptop is not currently in good state and he keep asking more question like what exactlly is wrong with my laptop

before i knew it he said where am i

i just dropped the call those bastards wants to rip off my laptop

lol i didnt even have a laptop i was scoping them in the first instance

lets be very carefull guys
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by mayo47(m): 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
Please who knows BLGL got an invite for an interview tomorrow at Anifowoshe Ikeja .
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by myquestion(m): 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
undecided
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ekkywolex(m): 10:20pm On Mar 24, 2015
Check this link for more info on the latest job scammers in lagos......https://ngcareers.com/fake-companies/1
I personally think they should be prosecuted for taking advantage of the unemployed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (268) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.