Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1806130 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MissIndependent(f): 10:10am On May 05, 2015
TriumphantVict:

HRM of TLS Invite you for Job Interview/Briefing tomorrow tue 5/5/15 by 9am at 205,Borno wayTotal B/Stop,Along Yaba-Oyingbo
Road,Lagos.Ref 081 7373 9641.

Pls is this a real invite or one of them fakes Pls someone respond
TLS is a real oil and gas servicing company but that your invite/message/email is a big scam. TLS is not recruiting at the moment even if they are recruiting, the company is not daft to compose such an awkward message/interview invite!

Note: If you wanna go, no problem don't come here to say I discouraged you...
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Christo1985: 2:43pm On May 05, 2015
Pls hep me check dis,cos d fone no they sent into was not on my cv,so i dont know wen i applied for it,from HR/959/RB you ve been shortlisted for a test/briefing ?MGR CONSULT BY 9AM ON WEDNESDAY 6/5/15 ?161 ikorodu rd,beside lanre shittu motors,onipanu B/STOP 07043990660,i call dis no,it was a lady dat picked it,nd in d process of discussion it cut off,i called again,she did not pik
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by talk2yommex2000(m): 4:42pm On May 05, 2015
Christo1985:
Pls hep me check dis,cos d fone no they sent into was not on my cv,so i dont know wen i applied for it,from HR/959/RB you ve been shortlisted for a test/briefing ?MGR CONSULT BY 9AM ON WEDNESDAY 6/5/15 ?161 ikorodu rd,beside lanre shittu motors,onipanu B/STOP 07043990660,i call dis no,it was a lady dat picked it,nd in d process of discussion it cut off,i called again,she did not pik

Its d drug marketers, dnt disturb urself bro. I am 101% sure
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Umaryie(m): 10:19am On May 06, 2015
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

hi gud morning
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by zikkyozabor(f): 1:56pm On May 06, 2015
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Bumken(f): 6:25pm On May 06, 2015
IBOGIRL1:
Hello, young man. Following the level of questions one answers while applying. Don't you think you had already been selected but for the normal process. You might be a new graduate but when you might had wasted for years without grabbing such opportunities you may better understand how horrible unemployment is in Nigeria. I understand you were trully not able to afford the money but the recruiter must be highly praised. Where do you see job in nigeria today? Talkmore of seeing who might help you get a job at this hard time and still complain.I don't mind forfeiting salary as to get a job once is reliable.

I am convinced now to attend the interview on the 8th of May. Check out my qualifications but I don't mind accepting their salary for a start. B.Sc, Political Science, Advanced Diploma in Project Management, Executive Masters in PM, International English Language Testing system and computer. I pray the give me the job because unemployment is a disease.

I bear with you for not having the money but please, do appreciate those that of organization for its not easy especially when its not a scam. Please, go back if you can.

God bless you
Very funny,calling my statement a rant of a rejected applicant,for starters,u guys don't reject anybody cos u need all the money u can get and anybody that is comfortable with your proposal is accepted. U can scroll thru my profile very well if ur jaundiced eye allows it. I am a graduate of economics and am currently waiting to serve,just needed a partime job to keep mysef busy until may. I wonder how we could have been rejected for *hotel jobs* (waitresses) which we have even done so many times during school days. How do u reject sombody and stil demand for 10k for training materials. Oh I get it,u automatically label pple who don't buy ur idea of 10k upfront as rejected applicants. Very funny.once more, u and I know d truth and am not saying all these to discredit u but u guys myt need to change your system a bit and stop asking jobless nigerians for money upfront and signing a year of bondage to work in a hotel. During the interview u categorically stated that your salary scale was within 30-35k,stop with the 70k deceit uv bin spilling here. I got your info from nairaland bfor I came around. If uv hav workd sucessfully with so many nairalanders as u claim, y aint they coming out to testify. Y is your thread always filled with first time comers who are yet to get the grill or pple who discredit u.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by iddng: 9:01pm On May 06, 2015
wink
Donpizzle:

better scam...b4 u knw it dey wil ask u to pay a certain amt to process ur wrk permit,visa,passport e.t.c.....shine ur eyes well well.

Thanks for the advice! wink
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by EmilyJude(f): 9:04pm On May 06, 2015
Contact us pemmakui@gmail.com

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by adabonny: 4:06pm On May 07, 2015
Pls sm1 shld help me out to confirm d authencity of dis coy 'Revtelcom'
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dubsy20(m): 6:07pm On May 07, 2015
adabonny:
Pls sm1 shld help me out to confirm d authencity of dis coy 'Revtelcom'
They are a customer care training Institute, they will ask u to pay money for a 2 week training program afta which u will be placed in a job. I was dia, I ran away when they said I shld make deposit.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Benny4(m): 6:14pm On May 07, 2015
Please anyone here got a msg Or mail from SILresources for an online test? Just for clarification and to know Who else got it! Thanks.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 07, 2015
Beawear of fake muhammadu buhari (president) face book account,some people are using the acct for 419. The person will claim to be the new president and give you one mr willian number to call to give you loan or job.when you call him he will send you one fake foam tru ur email .on the foam u will see FEDERAL GOVERNMENT 2015 ENTERPRENEUR EMPOWERMENT.WITH BIG COATH OF ARM. Then he will ask you to send him N 40,000 all is fake shine your eyes
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Benny4(m): 11:12am On May 08, 2015
Donpizzle:

bros, if u DID NOT apply den its a scam invite. Real firms have nt finish callin dose dat applied not to talk of dose dat did nt apply. Nigga shine ur eyes wella.

Thank Ya bro. I Appreciate.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ologunjude(m): 4:51pm On May 08, 2015
Hot jobs or and other sites are awash with fake recruitment fraudsters
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by gergemam: 11:43pm On May 08, 2015
You wanna get real JOB and not this fake GNLD stuffs all around (e*g, Work In Airport, Night and Day Workers, VERON oil and Gas among others)..

1. Search for the company you wish to work for (e*g, "ISP Providers in Lagos", "Food Processing companies in Lagos", "TeleCommunications Organization in Nigeria",)

2. Copy their contact address and forward them your CV/Resume electronically or better still send your CV enclosed with an application letter/cover letter for the post you wished and send by NIPOST OR Submit the hard copy of your CV face-face(dropping it with the security)

That's my idea, instead seeing this annoying fake Interview test by this GNLD people.

Shalom
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bobbyspeed(m): 5:54am On May 09, 2015
iddng:
Pls I need a reply peeps, got a mail from cry Dubai Petroleum Contructions regarding my Appointment letter for a job I applied online. The funniest part of it is dat I hav not even been interviewed and now dey sent me an appointment letter to work as a Site Mgr in their company in Dubai "Dubai Petroleum Constructions. Pls is dis a Scam job??

Common sense should tell you this is a scam without asking

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by eddychis: 11:59am On May 10, 2015
Be Careful
Whenever you see any advert and you are asked to pay money know that it is scam. Also you can search online with the name of the company and check if they are involved in scam activities. If they are it will surely show as you will not be the only one they had tried scamming.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by akp202(m): 5:53pm On May 10, 2015
just receive this invite and want to find out if they are legit.......

C-RES invites you for an Interview on Monday 11/5/2015 by 2pm @203 old Abeokuta Rd opp Oando by Kasumu street Agege-Total,Pen-Cinema Agege Lagos. sender HR/ISL/13
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by uncolonised(m): 10:39pm On May 10, 2015
pls i was invited to an interview bycosse limited at no 19 adekunle fajuyi crescent off adeniyi jones (capitol oil bustop) ikeja lagos pls does any one hav any information about dem
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by stmike85(m): 7:46am On May 11, 2015
LaurelP:

You're right
But no genuine company will hide its identity from you no matter how backward in technology they are
Believe me, if I see a genuine invite, I will know no matter d obsolete means used
Dear Applicant,your resume and request application has been observed and processed,and you have been stated for listing and recruitment.Contact the human resource manager ENG ZENAB on 08165697812 for form purchase info and interview details.Be duly noted that job vacancy is only stated in Nigeria and applicants from outer countries will be asked to relocate for job opportunity.Any form of indiscipline is not tolerated as management will not be held responsible for disapproval of application due to inability to relocate to Nigeria. An agreement will be signed in your application form when purchased form licensed authority.

Signed:management
Chevron Oil  And Gas Corporation
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 12, 2015
Are you tired of buying and selling MLMs,leg balancing,
not getting your bonus immediately?
Are you looking for a sure way of making money?
Make your money big time friends.
Here's a charity network that doesn't involve all these.
Its love city charity foundation
Visit www.lovecitycharity.com for more details
I can be reached on 07068492245 via phone calls or
whatsapp but whatsapp preferably
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by rrotims: 8:19am On May 13, 2015
GET 1 GIGABYTE MTN DATA OR #1200 FREE!!!

YES! You read that right and it is REAL.**ROI Internet Data Promo**
Refer 10 different data bundle buyers and get 1 gig mtn data free or #1200.
Its easy, paste adverts on numerous social platforms like facebook groups, whatsapp groups, bbm groups, tell your friends, cds groups. Its the only referral that makes you pay yourself.

This is how it works:
* The person you are referring comes through you i.e he/she sends the mtn credit to u. You in turn collects the person's number to which he/she wants the data on. You forward the credit and the number to 07068855929 ( whatsapp and text messages).
* As soon as you refer one person, your name and number gets documented and we start ticking for you until your 10 referrals are complete.
* Your reward is the payment of the last person i.e the tenth person coming through you. You will just forward the person's number and you either decide to collect cash from the person for your reward, collect credit or send the credit to us to have 1 gig for yourself.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. You must have gotten data for 9 people from us before you can claim the money for the 10th one. Otherwise, data won't be forwarded to the number you send.
2. Dignity, Integrity, Honesty and Respect is a necessity in this.
3. We shall receive payments first before we share data to anybody.
4. ROI internet data is not responsible for any scam carried out using this opportunity.
ROI internet data
1 gig - #1200
2 gig - #2300
Contacts: 07068855929, 07053686723 ( whatsapp and text messages)
Calls: 07068855929, 07069747980
BBM: 33030bda
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Sozzy(f): 5:08pm On May 13, 2015
Hey guys!! Good day to you all. I jst had to come online after a long while of being offline. I got 3 msgs all in the space of one week from MGR852, MPG751 and ADSCAREER respectively for the position of a Unit Manager. I called the number on the 3rd message of which he confirmed the TEST/BRIEFING... Asked for the exact company but he didn't have a response because according to him, they recruit for a lot of companies.......so I'm just wondering. I wld appreciate some advice. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.