Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,868 members, 7,806,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1805672 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by idrezee(m): 11:10pm On May 15, 2015
Got dis two interview invitation from Lagos, pls I want 2 be very sure its original b4 I attend since I'll b coming all d way from Abj....................................

You are invited 4 an interview on Monday May. 25th 2015. VENUE: Niger Insurance Plc. 302 Ikorodu Rd, Anthony Bus Stop beside UBA,Opp. Town Planning Bus stop, Lagos.Time:7.40am Prompt. You are to report at the venue with 2 copies of ur CV,Photocopies of ALL your documents, 2 Passport photographs.POSITION: Marketing Executive. u can call 08125275707,when you get to the gate or ask of Mrs. Akpotohwo. Tina

Dats d 1st one nd d second one is:

You have been selected for a test/job assessment on 18/5/15 by 9.30am @ No.84 Itire Rd. 1st floor Trinity House by Morgan B/stop Mushin. Come with cv & passport
Thanks 4 ur prompt response in advance.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by talk2yommex2000(m): 11:20pm On May 15, 2015
idrezee:
Got dis two interview invitation from Lagos, pls I want 2 be very sure its original b4 I attend since I'll b coming all d way from Abj....................................

You are invited 4 an interview on Monday May. 25th 2015. VENUE: Niger Insurance Plc. 302 Ikorodu Rd, Anthony Bus Stop beside UBA,Opp. Town Planning Bus stop, Lagos.Time:7.40am Prompt. You are to report at the venue with 2 copies of ur CV,Photocopies of ALL your documents, 2 Passport photographs.POSITION: Marketing Executive. u can call 08125275707,when you get to the gate or ask of Mrs. Akpotohwo. Tina

You have been selected for a test/job assessment on 18/5/15 by 9.30am @ No.84 Itire Rd. 1st floor Trinity House by Morgan B/stop Mushin. Come with cv & passport

Niger Insurance Plc is a real coy, though I dnt knw abt their pay. The only problem is that, you know all these Insurance companies and their kind of policy on marketing job. The funniest thing is the way they package n rebrand the job post to seem big in nature...Marketing Executive. Try them out anyway because its a genuine coy.

As for dat second one, my broda, ITS A NO GO area pls. Dnt bother to waste anything on dat trash because it is all these Corporate Drug Hawkers popularly known as GNLD.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by idrezee(m): 8:56am On May 16, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

Niger Insurance Plc is a real coy, though I dnt knw abt their pay. The only problem is that, you know all these Insurance companies and their kind of policy on marketing job. The funniest thing is the way they package n rebrand the job post to seem big in nature...Marketing Executive. Try them out anyway because its a genuine coy.

As for dat second one, my broda, ITS A NO GO area pls. Dnt bother to waste anything on dat trash because it is all these Corporate Drug Hawkers popularly known as GNLD.
tanx. About d insurance company, I v doubt cos I saw dt job opening on olx, why not their website? Why use olx? I'm bothered cos. I don't expect a company as big as dat 2 use olx. Pls if I'm wrong blame it on my naivete.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by lorddubic: 4:47pm On May 16, 2015
REQUIREMENTS:

OND
2 YEARS EXPERIENCE.

APPLICANT MUST LIVE WITHIN THE FOLLOWING AREAS: ABULEGBA, MEIRAN, IYANA IPAJA.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by adabonny: 10:51am On May 18, 2015
Pls frnds telepoint communicatn r they realy helpin in get job for sm 1 after u hv undergone ur trainin wit them as they said?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kaposky(f): 6:28pm On May 18, 2015
If you want to start a mini importation business and succeed,
or you are already doing it but need to know what sells hot
on top eCommerce sites in Nigeria,
visit the link in my signature below to get a FREE REPORT
that will help you get started and make over 1800% pure profit.

The link is w w w . smartonlinebusinesses.com/FreeReportPDF.index.htm

Check for that link below and you will get the FREE REPORT.
Knowing what the people are buying is the first key to importation business.

TO YOUR SUCCESS
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by hassanbino: 1:50pm On May 20, 2015
I want to ask may this work is genuine I apply for a rigger in a private company in lagos they ask us to pay #33,000 for training and kit
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Reyez: 7:51pm On May 20, 2015
Good Evening fellow nairalander, pls do anyone know how true richbond nigeria limited, plot 228 hometouch building beside shepherd hill baptist church, obanikoro b/stop, and what's the company about cos I got an invite to come for interview tommorow.. Pls hlp me its urgent. Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ayoshyne(m): 1:40pm On May 22, 2015
Pls folks i got this sms after job application, a friend of mine just told me not to fall victim saying it is all a big scam. What do ya'll think?-------))))) Your application for customer service/call center has been received, come with CV & Passport on May 25th(2pm) to 77 Opebi Rd 1st floor, Salvation B/Stop Opebi Lagos. Be prepared to undergo 2weeks training before proper job placement opportunity begins. Salary up to 95,000. Call 08137234351 Ms Favour.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by lorbah001(m): 6:14pm On May 22, 2015
Pls is dis invite real?, got it dis early afternoon and I'm not in Lagos, so kinda skeptical cuz of fares. . .pls your urgent response is needed,tnx

Message from;; ADHON HOMES
Dear applicant,
Sequel to yuor application for an employment in our organization, you have been shortlisted for an interview as a business officer@ 3/5 Boyle street off King George V street , onikan, lagos

Date:tuesday 27th may 2015
Time;10am

Please come along woth yuor CV and credentials,thank you.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by herexy(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2015
Good evening Nairalanders, I just got this job interview schedule for tomorrow this evening but need verification. Did anyone equally get this text?

Sequel to your application for E-Commerce Sales Executive Role, You are invited for an Interview tomorrow 23/05/15 by 12pm at Workforce Management Center, Swisshouse besides UPS, Gbagada, Lagos. Come along with your CV and Credential.
Dress Code: Strictly Corporate.
Contact Person: Olanipekun Moyosore.

Thanks for anticipated effort.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by talk2yommex2000(m): 8:06pm On May 22, 2015
herexy:
Good evening Nairalanders, I just got this job interview schedule for tomorrow this evening but need verification. Did anyone equally get this text?

Sequel to your application for E-Commerce Sales Executive Role, You are invited for an Interview tomorrow 23/05/15 by 12pm at Workforce Management Center, Swisshouse besides UPS, Gbagada, Lagos. Come along with your CV and Credential.

Confirm! Give it a shot but understand the job role anyway. Best of Luck
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by herexy(m): 8:28pm On May 22, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

talk2yommex2000:

talk2yommex2000:

fanks will do
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by estacyresource: 8:39pm On May 22, 2015
Fully Funded: The Hubert H Humphrey Fellowship Program 2015 In USA

http://engage-youthprograms..com/2015/05/fully-funded-hubert-h-humphrey.html

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 12:58am On May 26, 2015
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Chukaholic: 10:36am On May 27, 2015
herexy:

hello. ..I also got the invite, but mine is to hold tomorrow May 28 . Did you attend yours? How was it?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by darlous(m): 11:16am On May 27, 2015
JOB-INVITE: You have been shortlisted for an Aptitude test/job selection on thusday 28/5/15 @91 Alimosho rd, by Alaguntan b/stop Iyana Ipaja Lagos. Time 9am.Ref: HRM 001.

I just received the sms above but my instincts tells me its a scam. pls, who else received this...
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by frankolett(m): 2:21pm On May 29, 2015
I did receive it too, I think is a scam
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by toplard(m): 9:41am On May 30, 2015
Six(6) Figure Money Earnings
www.teachingwealthnow.com/optin.html
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bobbyspeed(m): 6:35pm On May 30, 2015
zikkyozabor:
Please I just got this now"In view of your application,Ehvise Global Resources invites you for a chat.Venue;75 Uwaasoterd by ojo off Ugbowo Benin city.Date 9th May 2015,Time 10:00am.For inquiry call 07034416080"can someone please verify its authencity.

Follow below simple guide and stop allowing job desperation get you scammed.

I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bobbyspeed(m): 6:41pm On May 30, 2015
hassanbino:
I want to ask may this work is genuine I
apply for a rigger in a private company in
lagos they ask us to pay #33,000 for training
and kit

Don't waste your money it's a scam. Any company that employ you will give you training on the job if required and not recruitment agency.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bobbyspeed(m): 6:44pm On May 30, 2015
frankolett:
I did receive it too, I think is a scam

Don't think it's purely a scam. Follow the general guidelines posted earlier to identifying job scam.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bobbyspeed(m): 6:48pm On May 30, 2015
darlous:
JOB-INVITE: You have been shortlisted for an Aptitude test/job selection on thusday 28/5/15 @91 Alimosho rd, by Alaguntan b/stop Iyana Ipaja Lagos. Time 9am.Ref: HRM 001.

I just received the sms above but my instincts tells me its a scam. pls, who else received this...

Purely a scam. Another guide is that the interview invitation will be communicated to you less than 24 or 48hrs so that you won't have time to verify the genuineness of the invitation. They are catching in on gullibility of youth of today and their desperation to get job out of frustration
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bobbyspeed(m): 6:51pm On May 30, 2015
toogreat:
You've been shortlisted for an INTERVIEW at DYNAMIC RESOURCES LTD on TUE 26/5/15 by 9am,16 Ondo Str,Ebute meta WEST,Apapa Road Oyingbo Lagos. Ref: DL44BA.
Is this a scam invite?

Any company you don't apply to and send you interview invitation is a scam. This is a scam.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bobbyspeed(m): 6:56pm On May 30, 2015
ayoshyne:
Pls folks i got this sms after job application, a friend of mine just told me not to fall victim saying it is all a big scam. What do ya'll think?-------))))) Your application for customer service/call center has been received, come with CV & Passport on May 25th(2pm) to 77 Opebi Rd 1st floor, Salvation B/Stop Opebi Lagos. Be prepared to undergo 2weeks training before proper job placement opportunity begins. Salary up to 95,000. Call 08137234351 Ms Favour.

The tone of the text should tell you this is pure scam. Nxt thing is that you will be ask to pay for training.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bobbyspeed(m): 6:57pm On May 30, 2015
Reyez:
Good Evening fellow nairalander, pls do anyone know how true richbond nigeria limited, plot 228 hometouch building beside shepherd hill baptist church, obanikoro b/stop, and what's the company about cos I got an invite to come for interview tommorow.. Pls hlp me its urgent. Thanks

Any invitation from richbond is a scam
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bobbyspeed(m): 7:04pm On May 30, 2015
idrezee:

Any invitation from 84 itire road Morgan is a scam. They are syndicates operating with different name from that address. Am aware police have arrested them there severally but continue after settling police.

Of a truth no one apply to all this job scammers but they have a means of accessing your CV from the data base of genuine recruitment Firm you apply or submit your CV to online and they use the information to send you invitation..
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kodimoore(m): 2:52am On May 31, 2015
Hello my Good People,

I just get this SMS by 12.25am. It reads thus:

MGlobal Consult invites You for a Test/Briefing by 9am on Mon, 01/06/15 @ 161 Ikorodu Rd Beside Lanre Shittu Motors, Onipanu B/Stop. 08092441940. Ref No: DE/87/JT.

Please any one with useful info about this company & their operations will be highly apperciated

Thanks & Keep up the good works.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.