Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,419 members, 7,781,228 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:55 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1796743 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (268) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by miqos02(m): 8:30am On Nov 07, 2015
nice
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by samstel(m): 8:44am On Nov 08, 2015
You have been shortlisted for an interview and interaction at BSGC LTD no 70c Allen avenue 3rd floor nikky Africana plaza Allen Ikeja. Date teus 10th Nov 2015. Time 10am..................is it real pls?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by temitopeadabisi: 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2015
This is to bring to the unemployed youth of nigeria.. read this
They are real corporate scam (telepoint communication limited located at ikeja lagos nigeria ).. promise u a job and will not give u any. an India man will leave his country to scam us Nigerians and he his helped by some Nigerians, why?? ... telling us that the certificate is from USA that he was born in the USA and has worked with apple, IBM , all lies., i just hope my post can be seen so as to stop they from getting money from unemployed youth this is not right . i trained with them with the hope that i will get a job, and its not just me all my set June / July we have not yet gotten any jobs and some people from the previous set as well.. will planing on reporting they to the authorities. if they want to be a training school fine not saying after your training a job is already waiting for you this is wrong very wrong .. i had to borrow the 53k to go from this training hoping i will get a job so i can pay back. this is wrong so so wrong. i want other unemployed youth to be aware of this,.. am not trying to spoil any one business .. but if u want to do business don't do it in the detriment of others. you reach there the first day they will tell you that u should dress corporate some companies are coming to check you out all lies ..nobody came . they will tell you that you shouldn't mind negative comment from nairaland that they are competitor trying to spoil business this are lies if only i read comment on nairaland i wouldn't have paid cry cry .. if you going for just training its ok go .. but if u unemployed and u think thats ur way out .. then you have a long way to go. good luck and God bless..this is to make all youths to know.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by princehabyb(m): 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
May God save us from what is not sent from him!!

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Valentinooo: 6:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
Based on referral PGC invite u 4 a job chat on Wed. 11/11/15 by 9:45am @ No 49 Liberty Road vulcanizer bus/stop oke ado Ibadan. 081-6133
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LordClem(m): 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
You have been shortlisted for a job Interview by 8am on Monday 09/11/15 @BGS 3rd Floor 161 Herbert Macaulay Way Adekunle Bstop opp BRT Yaba. REF/HR:102/P090 8455 3809

Sender: INTERVIEW
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sketchman: 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by miqos02(m): 5:47am On Nov 12, 2015
princehabyb:
May God save us from what is not sent from him!!
amen
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dokkitaa(m): 10:34am On Nov 12, 2015
Help oooo.

Chi pharmaceuticals are they real

Anyone to pls help me ooo...I am even thinking of travelling to Lagos for the test
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dokkitaa(m): 10:41am On Nov 12, 2015
Help ooo

I was invited by Chi pharmaceuticals.... I want to believe they are real oooo before embarking on my journey down to lag
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by stivoboi(m): 3:33pm On Nov 13, 2015
LaurelP:

You're right
But no genuine company will hide its identity from you no matter how backward in technology they are
Believe me, if I see a genuine invite, I will know no matter d obsolete means used
watchout for companies lk GNLD, Tasly world
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by montanaguy(m): 8:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
I saw this advert online and applied. The company is based at Onitsha while I stay in Awka. After two weeks, I received a call to come for an interview. Before I proceeded for the interview, I googled the company and the address. On the day of the interview, I went straight to the company and called the man on phone to pick me up at the gate. To my surprise, the man directed me to take a bus to Asaba to meet him at a certain hotel. I turned back and headed to the park back to Awka. He was still calling me to know if I v reached Asaba. I simply ignored him. After several calls, he stopped calling and I v since deleted his no.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Fimba121(m): 12:07am On Nov 15, 2015
Got a job interview from CLN NIG. But when I browsed what I saw was Carbon Limit of Nigeria. Please is this Company real or is a scam? Need a response please.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2015
Fimba121:
Got a job interview from CLN NIG. But when I browsed what I saw was Carbon Limit of Nigeria. Please is this Company real or is a scam? Need a response please.

post the address.
CLN NIG
Carbon Limited of Nigeria (NIG)
Carbon Limited of Nigeria Nigeria
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LordClem(m): 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
I keep getting these messages, how real/fake are they:

1- (From Mpg/852/hr)
BASED ON A REFERRAL, MPG RESOURCES INVITES YOU FOR A TEST/BRIEFING @ 161 IKORODU RD, OPPOSITE ECOBANK ONIPAN LAGOS. TUE 17/11/15 BY 9AM. 0817632 5911

2- (From Admin 05/01)
Based on Referral,MPG GLOBAL invites U for an interview as a Unit Manager on 17/11/2015 @ 161 Ikorodu Rd,opposite Ecobank,onipanu B/stop Lagos.Time:1pm

3- (From INTERVIEW)
You have been shortlisted for a job Interview by 8am on Monday 17/11/15 @BGS 3rd Floor 161 Herbert Macaulay Way Adekunle Bstop opp BRT Yaba. REF/HR:222/P3809
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chyegems(f): 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2015
temitopeadabisi:
This is to bring to the unemployed youth of nigeria.. read this
They are real corporate scam (telepoint communication limited located at ikeja lagos nigeria ).. promise u a job and will not give u any. an India man will leave his country to scam us Nigerians and he his helped by some Nigerians, why?? ... telling us that the certificate is from USA that he was born in the USA and has worked with apple, IBM , all lies., i just hope my post can be seen so as to stop they from getting money from unemployed youth this is not right . i trained with them with the hope that i will get a job, and its not just me all my set June / July we have not yet gotten any jobs and some people from the previous set as well.. will planing on reporting they to the authorities. if they want to be a training school fine not saying after your training a job is already waiting for you this is wrong very wrong .. i had to borrow the 53k to go from this training hoping i will get a job so i can pay back. this is wrong so so wrong. i want other unemployed youth to be aware of this,.. am not trying to spoil any one business .. but if u want to do business don't do it in the detriment of others. you reach there the first day they will tell you that u should dress corporate some companies are coming to check you out all lies ..nobody came . they will tell you that you shouldn't mind negative comment from nairaland that they are competitor trying to spoil business this are lies if only i read comment on nairaland i wouldn't have paid cry cry .. if you going for just training its ok go .. but if u unemployed and u think thats ur way out .. then you have a long way to go. good luck and God bless..this is to make all youths to know.
I fell for their lies too after coughing out 43k to go for the training in 2013. They even claimed they are doing a promo that's why d price was slashed. Almost everyone that registered for the customer care training did so because of the promise of a job. But alas,no job came through them. They are nothing but organised scammers. They kept emphasising on giving people jobs after training and with this they hook people. Nemesis will catch up with them one day especially that fat Mr niyi and the Indian man. Wicked souls.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by carbony4red(m): 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
Please come to my rescue, I got this invitation from RD Oil Plc, please I need a full and detailed information about the company, I'll appreciate all contributions no matter how little it might be.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chrisantus25(f): 4:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
carbony4red:
Please come to my rescue, I got this invitation from RD Oil Plc, please I need a full and detailed information about the company, I'll appreciate all contributions no matter how little it might be.

I also got d msg 4rm dem. Pls is it real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chrisantus25(f): 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
Got dis msg. Pls is it real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by biGPoppaSays(m): 8:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
carbony4red:
scam!!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by biGPoppaSays(m): 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
thus one also came in today

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by hkidola00(m): 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!
tank
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by profbabatunde: 9:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
they are real
jaiye4love:
I got same message last week, please who know them?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by nwachike(m): 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2015
please any body tell me about. BGL LTD interview
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by awolu18: 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
ello people,My name Is tunde does anyone here knw anything about this company called meat mafias at venue 3 olaide benson street maryland lagos.hav jst been invited 4 an interview 25 nov.2015. I apply via jobberman Hav tried google bt nt seems 2 b getting d informations I wanted. Pls I really need help.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by awolu18: 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2015
ello people,My name Is tunde does anyone here knw anything about this company called meat mafias at venue 3 olaide benson street maryland lagos.hav jst been invited 4 an interview 25 nov.2015. I apply via jobberman Hav tried google bt nt seems 2 b getting d informations I wanted. Pls I really ur help.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by springer: 10:21am On Nov 20, 2015
Sent by Interview; No. 31 White House, opposite domino pizza, awolowo avenue, bodija ibadan. Are they real? Pls I need urgent info
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by nkiruka1010: 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2015
Please does anyone know about BGS ltd, or is it a scam
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bigbamo: 10:24am On Nov 23, 2015
Pls I got this now

"The M.D of Rhap Group invited you for interview at the branch office 16 ondo st, Eugenia Hall near mainland LG oyingbo"

Just to check if they are the same set of funny companies...

did u later go for the interview

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (268) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.