Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1806413 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2015

Executive Assistant applicant

Dear ****,

Thank you for applying for the Position of Executive Assistant.

You are hereby invited for a Screening Exercise.

Details are;

Date: Tuesday. 24/ 11/ 2015

Time: 4:30pm

Venue: Cotton Suite. 5, Amodu Tijani Close, Off Sanusi Fafunwa Street,
Victoria Island, Lagos.

Please be punctual, no excuse would be entertained.

Regards

Please, Nlanders...I need ur intelligence on how genuine this company is. Though, seems they are into entertainment industry.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Khez: 3:02pm On Nov 23, 2015
effectplus:

Executive Assistant applicant

Dear ****,

Thank you for applying for the Position of Executive Assistant.

You are hereby invited for a Screening Exercise.

Details are;

Date: Tuesday. 24/ 11/ 2015

Time: 4:30pm

Venue: Cotton Suite. 5, Amodu Tijani Close, Off Sanusi Fafunwa Street,
Victoria Island, Lagos.

Please be punctual, no excuse would be entertained.

Regards

Please, Nlanders...I need ur intelligence on how genuine this company is. Though, seems they are into entertainment industry.

Got mine too o, time is 12.30pm, don't even know what to expect....
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by saniboy(m): 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
Khez:

I also got d same mail but mine is 12.30pm
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Khez: 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
saniboy:

I also got d same mail but mine is 12.30pm
same here o

Any idea what they will ask us?

And what kind of entertainment are they into o
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by saniboy(m): 6:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
Khez:
same here o

Any idea what they will ask us?

And what kind of entertainment are they into o
Seriously we need 2 knw ooo
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Khez: 11:09pm On Nov 23, 2015
saniboy:

Seriously we need 2 knw ooo

How do i even get there self...?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by saniboy(m): 9:52am On Nov 24, 2015
Where r u coming 4rm?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by saniboy(m): 10:25am On Nov 24, 2015
Khez:

How do i even get there self...?
Anywhere u r get 2 obalaende or CMS then take a bus going 2 sandfield stop at law-school then take keke 2 d place.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by lanre56(m): 9:34pm On Nov 24, 2015
U are invited to an interview at Adolak Hotel, Ogo Oluwa, Oshogbo, Osun State, Nigeria on Saturday 28th November 2015 by 10:30am. Come along with your credentials
Please are they real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sunnylee(m): 11:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
You are invited 4 interview at mutual benefits life ass(ANNEX),25 olusoji idowu str ilupeju,beside akintola williams, Lagos. On 26/11/15,09am.

I received the invite this evening. I know it's genuine, what am not sure of is whether it's a marketing job or they will employ me based on my field which is Customer Service. I need some advice!!!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by princelami: 12:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
Khez:

just 30mins test no big deal
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by zhizzup: 10:47am On Nov 27, 2015
Hello..... Does any1 !n the house know hw an OND holder cud secure a job ?? ! Ve tr!ed so hard buh all efforts prove abort!ve
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by nkcares(f): 2:14pm On Nov 27, 2015
guys, has anyone gotten a good job from this site, jiji ng com? someone referred me to the site but all their job posts there looks fishy. On several vacancies i checked, They provide a phone number to send your name and qualification to instead of an email address that one could send a CV.
Its really bad professionalism to me. So am skeptical that those jobs are truly what they are. they might be all these healthy living products marketers hiding behind bank jobs advert just to get one to apply.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by mrsharpguy: 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2015
hello guys, recvd dis invitation for job interview:

IHC Invites you for job interview on monday 30/11/2015 at Cachez event hall opp Ecobank by Wuse bustop by 9am prompt.

pls, how genuine s dis?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by drnsoha(m): 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2015
mrsharpguy:
hello guys, recvd dis invitation for job interview:

IHC Invites you for job interview on monday 30/11/2015 at Cachez event hall opp Ecobank by Wuse bustop by 9am prompt.

pls, how genuine s dis?

A friend of mine also got this invitation too and hers is scheduled to hold tomorrow which is 2nd december 2015. How genuine is this company. Bro did you attend the interview?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by profbabatunde: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2015
jaiye4love:
I got same message last week, please who know them?

I know them. If you are really in need of a better job offer. Do not hesitate to attend the recruitment
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by imakewealth: 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

Get gist, update, information on Jobs & Vacancies, celebrity news, entertainment, general news and gossip directly on your phone via twitter @channels_info

We bringing it as you've never seen before.
@channels_info

We only refer and bring to you recent job adverts directly from the clients.

Follow us on twitter @channels_info
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by FAITHANGEL93: 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2015
Good afternoon
Pls I received this interview message by SMS this afternoon and I want to know if it is a scam or not
Pls help, its urgent. Thanks

You are invited for Interview with the GMD of RDRL GROUP on SAT 5/12/15 by 9AM @ 16 Ondo Str, behind Keystone Bank,Mashalashi B/Stop,Apapa Rd,Costain,Lagos.ADT1
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by lordadex(m): 6:08pm On Dec 04, 2015
It is a scam. Any job interviews messages that usually contains a referral codes like HR/LSR/002 or something like that are all scam. Be warned!!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ogeyon(f): 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2015
please who have heard of this company called CONPORT LTD. Although the message came with their and ref code
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by hopyroll(m): 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
pls has anybody got an invite from BAC? if yes, pls what BAC stand for? I just got a text to come for test and interview tomorrow.....just want to be sure b4 wasting my energy
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by herkeym001(m): 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2015
hopyroll:
pls has anybody got an invite from BAC? if yes, pls what BAC stand for? I just got a text to come for test and interview tomorrow.....just want to be sure b4 wasting my energy
My one cent advice is that you should save your money, energy, time and hope by not trying to acknowledge their invitation simply becos them be scammer. But if you doubt me becos you desperately need a job, you can give it a trial sha. if you go for their invitation and you no regret am, CALL ME CUSTARD. oh sorry, CALL ME BASTARD.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by virtousB: 8:15am On Dec 11, 2015
Pls has anyone heard of the outsource company, Abuja? Got this invitation from them. The interview is today 9.30am
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by tumiolape: 1:09am On Dec 12, 2015
BAC...... BETA AGE CONSULT ....... 2,ESTHER OSHINYEMI STREET, ILUPEJU, LAGOS. GNLD NOONI, don't dull
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by tumiolape: 1:09am On Dec 12, 2015
BAC...... BETA AGE CONSULT ....... 2,ESTHER OSHINYEMI STREET, ILUPEJU, LAGOS. GNLD NOONI, don't dull
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by pelhurmy(m): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2015
FAITHANGEL93:
Good afternoon
Pls I received this interview message by SMS this afternoon and I want to know if it is a scam or not
Pls help, its urgent. Thanks

You are invited for Interview with the GMD of RDRL GROUP on SAT 5/12/15 by 9AM @ 16 Ondo Str, behind Keystone Bank,Mashalashi B/Stop,Apapa Rd,Costain,Lagos.ADT1
I also got the same oh. But mine is supposed to be this monday (14/12/2015).Same time and address. I don't think i'll be going coz d company's name was not included and they sounded fake to me. Did u go for d interview? What was d experience like?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
pelhurmy:

I also got the same oh. But mine is supposed to be this monday (14/12/2015).Same time and address. I don't think i'll be going coz d company's name was not included and they sounded fake to me. Did u go for d interview? What was d experience like?

No company is behind Keystone bank.. That is my area .. I know this for sure

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by pelhurmy(m): 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
Boltmeister:

No company is behind Keystone bank.. That is my area .. I know this for sure
Lolz....I thought as much.......Thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.